[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
best bodyweight plan?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: 1449266480259.png (365 KB, 1276x708) Image search: [Google]
1449266480259.png
365 KB, 1276x708
College fag here. Gotta go home for a month for winter break so no weight room, just me and a pull up bar.

i weigh 175 and can
squat 215x5
bench 185x5
pull ups +10lbx10

I want to cut in weight about 8lb, and i need a routine i can build muscle or at least not lose strength. im still on the noob gains upswing but what do you guys do for bodyweight when you have to?

i was thinking push ups, pull ups, and wall sits to failure every other day.
>>
>>35208149
Do calisthenics everyday or at least try to. Also perform a lot of sets, at least 15. Do as many reps as you can with each set. Resting periods also need to be really short, like around 10 to 15 seconds. Apply these techniques to each exercise you do. It gets pretty intense and you will make gains.
>>
>>35208197

hmm ive never heard of doing that many sets. why does that work better? i really appreciate it man!
>>
File: heyijustmetyou.webm (150 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
heyijustmetyou.webm
150 KB, 500x280
endless dancing
>>
buy 2 10lb dumbbells on craigslist and do curls, overhead presses, lateral raises, side raises and standing flies until you can't even lift your arms. the pump is amazing and if you focus really hard on targeting the muscle you're using and flexing it you will make gains.
for pure calisthenics? you already know, mad pullups, burpees, pistol squats, jumping lunges, handstand pushups, planche progression, L-sits etc.
Just stay busy, fuck a routine, get shredded through rage and willpwer
>>
>squat 215x5
>bench 185x5

ok wtf why is everyone's bench very close to their squat? I'm squatting 210 with no signs of stopping before 225. My bench is at 140 and the 5th rep is a fucking fight for my life.
>>
http://www.startbodyweight.com/

Alternatively, get a backpack and put some books in them, then start doing basic calisthenics.
>>
File: DerekHessCancerOfTheSoul.jpg (43 KB, 363x500) Image search: [Google]
DerekHessCancerOfTheSoul.jpg
43 KB, 363x500
>>35209173

in my case im a reformed fatass (225lb at 5'10" 17yr male down to 175 (post 15lb bulk) at 5'10" 20yr)

when i started 'working out' doing push ups, sit ups, and running where all i knew about. So i trained chest for like 2 years before i even thought about a barbell. i love squats though, genuinely favorite excercise after pull ups.
>>
>>35208197
>>35208938

Bad advice in my opinion. You're gearing towards a high level of volume with tiny rest periods and you're going to experience breakdowns in form. This means a sub-optimal level of training for your goals.

Going to failure with all of your basic exercises is also a bad idea. Bodyweight training, much like standard weight training, has progressions and can be developed. by progressing in difficulty, you increase the demands you place on your body, force muscular and neural adaptation, and get bigger and stronger. Bodyweight is still resistance training like weight training is. You simply go about it a different way.

Going to failure is bad because it means that you aren't getting progressive overload in as efficient a way as possible. Once you can do 3-5 sets of 8-12 reps of an exercise, go to a harder progression. Why waste time going to failure and cranking out high volume for endurance if that's not your goal?

The current program you have is incomplete and imbalanced. You need balance with bodyweight training just like weighted training or you're gonna get muscle imbalances which will hamper both strength and create chances for impingement and injury.

A balanced bodyweight workout should have the following elements anon: vertical push/pull, horizontal push/pull, legs, and some sort of ab work. handstands are great for proprioception and generating alignment and full-body tension.

Here are some general progressions. I an go into further detail in another post if you have questions.

Pushups: standard pushups -> diamond pushups -> archer pushups. Then you either branch into 1-arm pushup training or start Planche progressions.

Pullups: bodyweight pullups -> archer pullups -> either weighted pullups or you can start muscle-up progression.

Rows: inclined rows -> flat rows -> foot-elevated rows -> front lever progressions

vertical push: Pike pushups -> foot elevated pike pushups -> headstand pushup negatives -> headstand pushups
>>
>>35211112
Cont.

OR you can do dips for your vertical push work, however, this means you're not doing overhead push work, just extra tricep work with scap depression.

handstand: chest-to-wall -> back to wall -> freestanding -> press to handstand progressions.

L-sits: foot supported L-sit -> 1-leg supported L-sit -> tuck L-sit -> 1 leg extended tuck L-sit -> full L-sit -> V-sit work

Legs: deep step-ups -> pistol squat negatives (supported if necessary) -> unsupported pistols -> further variation.

If you want to cut weight, diet is the primary concern here.
>>
>>35209173
anon...I know this feel all too well
>shit bench master race
>>
>>35211163

Thank you so much anon, this sounds like exactly what i needed. Ill write this down and use it whenever i need it. thanks for the gains!
>>
>>35208149
My bodyweight workout?

MWTH
4 sets of the folllowing..
10-12 chinups
25 pushups
35-40 pike situps
50 squats
75 hip bridges
no rest between workoust and 30 seconds - 1 minute of rest between each set
5 minutes of hiit
30 minute jog
1hour walk
nothing
T-TH
3-4 sets of
One arm pushup training
Assisted one arm chinups
Lsits from homemade parallettes
One leg assisted squats(basically squats with one leg while holding onto the doorway
Wrestler bridges as a static hold, or you can do full bridges, they are a lot safer.
OR

Just do the 100 pushup workouts from that 100pushups website in one single session

Or do a high intensity low rest high strength endurance tabata workout that hits your entire body.

As for diet.
No preprocessed food, no fast food, no junk food, no sweets save for the occasional fruit, and water only.
Meat, veg, fruit, nuts, berries only.
>>
File: CLEP9BKUYAAbAh7.jpg (42 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CLEP9BKUYAAbAh7.jpg
42 KB, 600x600
Here's my bodyweight workout, do it everyday and have done for years now. Used to go to the gym as well but no time anymore so I use my routine as maintenance to make sure when I do get time I will still be in good shape

20 pull ups (dead hang)
15 handstand push ups
20 chin ups (dead hang)
20 dips
25 decline push ups (put my feet on a chair and use those perfect push up things I got for free with my pull up bar )
10 pistol squats each leg
25 calf raises each leg
25 bicycles
50 yes nos
10 dragon flags
10 of what I call forearm pull ups (my bar has the two parallel bars sticking out, I grab those with palms facing out)
Hold a back bridge for 30 secs
Do a regular plank and a side plank for each side each for 45 secs
25 hanging leg raises
And then jump rope for 20 mins

Takes me about an hour if I try to go for speed, hour and a half if I rest a little here and there

Still feel like I'm in pretty good shape, got a six pack, obviously not as strong or as big as when I was supplementing that with weights but still feel like I have excellent body control and that I am in good enough shape to start going to the gym whenever I have time without a teething period
>>
>>35213938
>>35214376
Can you post your body? I just want to see how well a routine like those can work for people compared to traditional weight lifting
>>
>>35213840
No problem mate.
>>
http://www.vahvafitness.com seems like the best online resource for bodyweight training.

the guy is doing insane strict muscle ups with extra 55lbs
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I34uQf2K3rE
>>
>>35217003
that laugh after the rep lol
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.