[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best app for keeping track of progress on lifts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (131 KB, 711x917) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131 KB, 711x917
What is the best app for keeping track of progress on lifts?

Don't want to carry paper about like an autist
>>
literally anything

fucking notepad for your phone

just use google docs or something

don't overthink it
>>
I use microsoft excel
>>
>>35207384
FitNotes. Can turn your data into all sorts of cool graphs and export into excell files if you care about that.

My only gripe is that you can't enter sets with an unspecified amount of reps.
>>
>>35207384
Progression for Android.
>>
>>35207384
I personally use my brain
>>
I memorize those whopping 3 numbers and write them down on notepad at home.

Actually, I don't even have to remember numbers. Just wether I managed to lift the 2,5kg I needed to add.
>>
Bring a tiny notebook and stop hunching over your phone.
>>
>>35207384
>that image

I didn't ask for feels breh, I didn't ask for them okay?
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 479x720
>>35207502
>Actually, I don't even have to remember numbers. Just wether I managed to lift the 2,5kg I needed to add.
>>
>>35207511
>stop hunching over phone
>hunch over a notebook that your manlet nerd self carries around along with a pencil + sharpenner

What fucking century is it again? Might as well bring a fucking quill at this point, damn.
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 580x386) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 580x386
>>35207536
>What fucking century is it again?
>>
File: mootykins.png (212 KB, 1118x1156) Image search: [Google]
mootykins.png
212 KB, 1118x1156
>>35207523
;_;
>>
>>35207384
I use an app called strong that I enjoy. The only problem is it's not free.
>>
I use lose it
Used for losing weight but I use it to bulk ,
Tracks calories macros micros eexercise
Everything you need
>>
>>35207536

People are actually this fucking retarded?
>>
>>35207384
I use JEFIT
It's free and does everything I want it to.
>>
>>35207536
>>
>>35207384
how the fuck is carrying a piece of paper around autistic. The fact that you think such a trivial thing matters shows that you're some faggy retard who needs to look what he thinks is 'cool' rather than be a normal person
>>
>>35207384
My brain
>>
>>35207440
Fucking this. I've only been using it for 3 weeks but god damn, being able to graph est. 1RM over time for each exercise and workout volume is great for applying progressive overload as much as possible.
>>
>>35207431
>microsoft excel
>not libreoffice calc

>>35207384
I tried to be a cool youngster and tried from jefit to fitnotes to [insert one of the gazillion apps available for this purpose]

MyFitnessPal has a meaning for diet (and the barcode-scan ability is convenient) but I can't get used to phone/tablet apps.

It has to be noted that in my gym
- everyone has a routine on piece of paper conveniently checked by a PT (it's free, and you can adjust it as you want.. every ~8 weeks you get some suggestions for a new routine), so everyone is carrying a piece of paper already
- everyone take note of PRs, weights used during exercises, change in reps and whatever using good old fucking stencils in-between exercises
- I always remembered my routine after the first week, the piece of paper is mostly to track new PR/weights and eventually to show it to a PT or to a gymbro - I don't need to look at it to know my routine. I don't see a reason to write it down in an excel sheet or something, and I don't really see a reason to create fancy graphs out of it on my smartphone. I do use the interwebs to check i.e. progression, good compounds and good isolation exercises, which exercises can work on some neglected muscle (mostly info from exrx.net) but that's pretty much it.
>>
>>35207455
this
>>
File: 1421028680557.jpg (44 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
1421028680557.jpg
44 KB, 960x640
my mind

I remember what I lifted generally, and just try to remember the 1 and 5 rms
>>
>>35208083
Right in the feels. Polite sage.
>>
File: phaaa.gif (2 MB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
phaaa.gif
2 MB, 225x225
>>35207384

>dat pic

fugg man
>>
I just use evernote.

I have note called 'Lifts' which has all my lifts in bold with the weight beneath it.

Whenever I go up a weight and manage to do 5 reps I change that to my current weight in the lift.
>>
>>35207409
This.
God, I hate this generation
>>
>>35207440
this

not perfect, but the best I found by far
>>
Pencil and paper master race baka desu senpai
>>
>>35207440
this
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.