[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I cannot stand protein shakes. I'm not a picky eater but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 2mpy2d3.png (732 KB, 1300x417) Image search: [Google]
2mpy2d3.png
732 KB, 1300x417
I cannot stand protein shakes.

I'm not a picky eater but when I drink a protein shake I immediately get the overwhelming reaction that I need to puke. I then waste up to 2 hours of my day breathing slowly and staying calm so I don't puke it up. This has happened with all the powders I've tried. All store bought. I'd love to do protein bars instead but I'm poor as fuck and they're usually a bit pricy for me.

I've seen creatine pills, are those a good idea? I can get cheap protein bars that don't have all that much protein and I'd just have to eat a lot of them. I did the 5x5 routine for 4 months everyday but got no results because I wasn't eating right. My fault, but I want to do it differently now.
>>
File: 1442863252066.jpg (55 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1442863252066.jpg
55 KB, 640x640
>>35204998
confirmed for not making it
>>
>>35204998
So why do you need protein powder? What's wrong with regular food and milk?
>>
>>35204998
>I cannot stand protein shakes.
Stop drinking them, then. The high protein meme is just that, a meme. Most whey protein powders are just dairy waste products that Joe Weider did an amazing job of marketing 50 years ago and now people still think they're essential to muscle growth.
>>
>>35204998
>I did the 5x5 routine for 4 months everyday
You don't literally mean every day, do you?
>>
>>35205155
I literally mean every day. I would sometimes take a day off in the week.
>>
>>35205259
Well that's retarded. You aren't giving your muscles enough time to repair themselves and just tearing them up again every day
>>
>All store bought

There's your problem. Cheap shit. Get Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey. It tastes just like chocolate. Unlike any other powder I've ever had.
>>
>>35204998
CMON SON 4 SC00PS
Don't you want to leave humanity
>>
>>35205279
How often should I lift?

I'd also like to note that pretty much no matter how many reps, sets or ammount of weight, o never felt sore after lifting or the next day.
>>
>>35205259
This is why you fucked yourself, it is not meant to be a daily thing.
>>
>>35204998

I drink protein two ways.

The first is vanilla flavored in vanilla flavored almond milk. Nice vanilla flavor.

The second is mixed with orange juice. Tastes like a creamsicle.
>>
>>35204998
How many scoops are you using? I can't stand two scoops anymore because it's far too heavy, but one is just fine
>>
File: maxresdefault1.jpg (190 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault1.jpg
190 KB, 1920x1080
>>35205557
>I'd also like to note that pretty much no matter how many reps, sets or ammount of weight, o never felt sore after lifting or the next day.

The man in the picture is Rich Piana. He achieved his arms by working them 8 hours a day.

Here's his advice for people like you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJQ6eXz_zZs
>>
All of them taste like shit, just eat proper food instead. Whey is more expensive than most other protein sources anyway unless you can get it on sale or buy in bulk.

And if you're on a bulk you should be getting enough protein from food anyway, while cutting you can do tuna/quark etc. for high protein low fat/carb.
>>
>>35204998
I mean, why don't you just eat like 100g of chicken breast instead.
high amount of protein, few calories and you kbkw what actually goes in your body.
>>
Eat something before you chuck your shake. On an empty stomach, they will make you sick. Cover your nose and down it, and get some water afterwards. Done.
>>
>>35205899
Done all of this. Doesn't help
>>
>>35205709
What powder is he using?

If I had anywhere near that much I wouldn't be able to stop myself from puking
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.