[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best Headphones for the gym? The pic related just died on me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 10
Best Headphones for the gym?

The pic related just died on me mid workout, they lasted me a solid 4 years though.
>>
Save the money up for a set of wireless. It's worth the investment. Don't buy a cheap pair, get a nice one. Cheap ones the battery doesn't last near as long as advertised and quality is ass. Got the $200 Sol Republic for $70 on black Friday and they're worth it. Definitely wouldn't have paid the full price though.
>>
>>35198489
>not buying the brand with free no questions asked lifetime replacement

B-but muh sennheiser!
>>
File: merchantintensified.gif (212 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
merchantintensified.gif
212 KB, 501x585
yes yes goyim. buy these noise cancellation headphones.
>>
I actually use the iphone ones, there pretty decent
>>
>>35198489
I'm finding that if I loosely tie a knot at the center where the ear buds split they will last a lot longer. I wear mine with 1 ear in at work for about 8 hours and then another 1-2 t the gym afterward... $10 cheapos and $50 last about the same amount of time.
>>
>>35198573
Mine always malfunction near the connection with the phone, because my phone is always in my pocket during workouts and the motions end up bending the cable

I just want a decent quality earbud that is durable and doesn't fall off of my ears easily

... ok maybe I'm asking a bit too much
>>
>people becoming contrarians against cx-300s
>>
I use yuin PK3 I rate 8/12 the wires are a bit flimsy and i bike a pair by getting caught on a rack I walked past
>>
>>35198593
I dont like having a bulky smartphone in my pocket when I lift, so I use a little mp3 player with a radio receiver in it, much lighter weight and compact so it doesnt break there for me.. just at the center split usually.
>>
>>35198489
Does anyone else get the feeling of head congestion when they wear earphones during strenuous activity?

I don't wear them for that reason, that and I feel less situationally aware.
>>
I use Meelectric M6s. The memory wire can be kind of a hassle to get just right, but they stay in even when I'm sweating; the cord was excellent, flexible, didn't grip and tangle against itself or other things; and they sound pretty good, especially for the price.

I used to use Koss Fitclips. They're almost the reverse of the M6s. The silicone thing around the ear worked really well, and they were always comfortable and well seated. But the cord sucked, just turning my head made it pull on my ears because it dragged against my jacket, and it tangled constantly. The sound wasn't terrible or anything, but I was kind of spoiled by the quality per dollar of the M6s.

I've never experimented with more expensive headphones for the gym. I leave that for at home (ODAC+O2 to Sennheiser HD 650 right now).
>>
>>35198673
Yeah, this is why I wear those "pad on top of the ear" style headphones when I run. Some crappy 10$ from Walmart things.
>>
>>35198489
Not trying to shill, honestly
but the best pair of headphones I've gotten have been a 35$ pair of sony outdoor/athletic headphones
they are in ear, but wrap around your ear as well for support
I play basketball and dunk, and they don't fall out of my ears
It's good if you want to exercise with music and still do explosive movements in your workout without having to worry about your earbuds flying out.
And they sound decent enough.
Better than buying a 200$ pair of headphones and the motherfuckers breaking like clockwork lol.
>>
>>35198593
Sansa clip +.
Like 35 bucks, expandable memory, and super small and lightweight.
Also clips on your clothes, it's not a /g/ meme I swear.
>>
>>35198489
It's either xiao mi pistons v2 or go fuck your mother.
>>
File: Yurbuds2.png (50 KB, 422x274) Image search: [Google]
Yurbuds2.png
50 KB, 422x274
They sell these at Target for like 20 bucks a pop. Lame marketing aside, they're my favorite by far. The sound quality is good enough for me because I'm not an audiophile and I've never had them fall out. I've had my phone fall out of my pocket and the jack disconnect before the earbuds fell out. They let sound leak though, so if you're bothered by that I wouldn't recommend them. Although for work-out ear buds I prefer it because I can hear my surroundings while I run.

My only gripe is that they pick up ear goop and the rubber tips get loose over time because of it. But every few weeks I'll remove the tips and swish them in some soapy water and it's good again.

Honestly, I'd pay >100 bucks for high quality earbuds/headphones for enjoying music sure but if I'm getting earbuds for working out (which I know I'll beat the shit out of/risk losing) I'm looking for function. And these have decent sound quality as well.
>>
>>35199674
I get the weirdest look from people who can over hear my aphex twin bumpin while wearing these.besides that best 20$ i ever spent on headphones
>>
File: mpowcheetah.jpg (157 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
mpowcheetah.jpg
157 KB, 1000x1000
>>35198489
bluetooth wireless, good enough sound quality for working out, £15.
>>
>>35198489
this shit right here Tbh, they are excellent
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LP6CFEC?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01
>>
File: 51vtwj1NvwL._SX522_.jpg (22 KB, 522x399) Image search: [Google]
51vtwj1NvwL._SX522_.jpg
22 KB, 522x399
>>35198489
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=plantronics+backbeat+go+2&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=84671565534&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11963709326643664370&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=t&ref=pd_sl_9hpvfnzdtl_b

>not using Bluetooth headphones

Fucking really?
>>
File: Bragi_Dash_LeftRight.jpg (106 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
Bragi_Dash_LeftRight.jpg
106 KB, 1920x1280
Lookup Bragi's the Dash. Those gon be wild
>>
>>35198489

>Panasonic RPHJE120K (http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-RPHJE120K-In-Ear-Headphone-Black/dp/B003EM8008/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1449744835&sr=8-1&keywords=earphones)

OR

>Philips SHE3590 (http://www.amazon.com/Philips-SHE3590BK-28-Headphones-Black/dp/B007TRUTZS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1449744945&sr=8-1&keywords=Philips+SHE3590)
>>
File: headphones.jpg (155 KB, 954x501) Image search: [Google]
headphones.jpg
155 KB, 954x501
>>
>>35198489
Jabra Rox
Bluetooth, easy to use and charge, small and light, not super expensive, great fidelity
>>
File: 1386317182864.jpg (85 KB, 640x683) Image search: [Google]
1386317182864.jpg
85 KB, 640x683
>>35203271
absolutely disgusting
>>
>>35198541
>2015
>being this much of a pleb
>>
>>35199674
these are the fucking best
>>
I'm thinking on buying the jaybirds since their price has dropped cause of the x2s. Anybody here has them?
>>35198541
I love them too, the problem is i can't fucking do cardio with them, they constantly unplug from either my ears or the treadmill. If only apple made wireless buds...
>>
File: image.jpg (161 KB, 1099x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161 KB, 1099x1500
>>
don't get bluetooth headphones, for the love of all that is holy don't get bluetooth headphones. trust me
>>
Don't waste too much money, you want something to isolate but you won't really be in a environment where you will pick up the fine details of your music. So getting anything with superb sound will be a waste, given you will mostly use them at your workouts.
Tldr: Check /g/
>>
>>35207309
>trusting some random stranger on the internet

Want to explain why not?
>>
File: 1384089331343.jpg (62 KB, 532x502) Image search: [Google]
1384089331343.jpg
62 KB, 532x502
>>35207385
>buy new bluetooth headphones so no cord getting in the way
>figuring them out
>stoked to head to the gym and try them out, load up my phone with all new chinese cartoon songs
>get to gym
>fiddle with phone's bluetooth settings, struggling to figure out how to pair my headphones with it
>finally see it pop up
>paired them, ready to fucking go, pre-workout's kicked in and i'm fucking fiending for that pump
>go to phone, go to chinese cartoon playlist, put it on shuffle, and load up this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-47QSbLWtoI
>dat kiss x sis, let's fucking go bud
>kinda tough to hear, new headphones must be quieter, turn up my phone a little bit
>can hear it good now
>start noticing other people around me stopping and looking around
>they start laughing and saying "what the fuck"
>no idea what's going on, but ignore it and start squatting
>finish first set, people around haven't started lifting again and are still like "what the fuck is going on"
>my music stops all of a sudden, then the gym loudspeaker comes on
>some guy says "whoever is connected to the gym's bluetooth stereo, please unpair your device"
>what
>check my phone
>paired with bluetooth stereo, not bluetooth headphones
>bluetooth switch on headphones wasn't even switched on
>entire gym just listened to my chinese cartoon music for a couple minutes asking what's going on while i just lifted away like nothing was wrong
>everyone knows it was me
>make a split second to decision to do the alpha thing
>pack up my things, drive home, cancel membership, join new gym

and that's how i learned to never, ever use bluetooth headphones or listen to anime music in the gym
>>
>>35207452
wrong link

meant this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-OWbwtj9uI
>>
>>35207452
Basically you learned you shouldn't use bluetooth headphones because you are too stupid to use the technology? Wow.

And why do you think people know it was you?
>>
>>35207452
>>35207469
I'm laffin gud, m8
>>
>>35207452
someone needs to screen cap this because the kek game was too strong
>captcha was wheel chairs
>>
Every pair of reasonably priced Bluetooth earbuds I have seen have a built in mic any good ones that do not?
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.