[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the most beneficial type of fighting to learn? Was thinking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: RAMPAGE-SLAM-BADER.gif (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
RAMPAGE-SLAM-BADER.gif
3 MB, 640x360
What is the most beneficial type of fighting to learn? Was thinking about Muay Thai or general kickboxing, but a lot of people are telling me just to go with BJJ and learn submissions. No fag maga please
>>
>>35185959
>choosing between a striking and a grappling art
notgonnamakeit

gotta do both. i prefer muay thai, but either way a striking art with full contact sparring is going to be THE way to go, in addition to either bjj or judo.
>>
>>35185959
Beneficial... for what?
>no fag maga
krav maga is the most "beneficial" in IRL situations, and the most resembling a military training. But I'm sure you've been trained at BOPE already, isn't it
>>
Literally has to be MT because of knees, elbows and the clinch along with punches
>>
>>35185982
That's what I was thinking. Silly to learn one and not the other. Is judo just throws and slams? Or more?
>>
>>35185998
> falling for the kraft magic meme
>>
>>35186016
>>35185959

>>>/asp/
>>
>>35185998
>krav maga is the most "beneficial" in IRL situations
which is why it is so unsuccessful in the UFC, right?

>inb4 a martial art is rendered wholly ineffective by eliminating ball strikes and eye gouges.
a properly trained fighter can fight without rules too, and better than you with your bullshit-fu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeA__6aVkK0

>>35186016
judo has ground game, but its very different to jiu-jitsu. less about playing out of guard and working for submission. more about explosivity and trying to get back on your feet. lots of working out of turtle position

judo will definitely improve your cinch game, but bjj will improve your submission game.
>>
>>35186033
>fighting isn't /fit/
go away fatfuck /plg/

some of us are athletic.
>>
>>35185959
None, just learn how to make a pipebomb
>>
>>35186001
basically this.
as long as there is full contact sparring, you are learning everything you would in a good kickboxing gym anyways.
>>
Depends are we talking about organized fighting or back alley fighting. Cause having rules gives advantages to some and vice versa.
>>
>>35185998

Krav Maga is shite. A guy versed in BJJ or Wrestling can do anything they can do but better.
>>
>>35186110
found the faggot who thinks ninjitsu/aikido/krav maga/kung fu is applicable IRL
>>
For the average guy on the street, Krav Maga will give you the most benefit in the least amount of time. Probably the only reason you WOULDN'T want to pursue it is if you actually intend to get into competitive MMA.
>>
>>35186059
"Wrestling and the like" belong to the "wrestling and the like" board. No, fighting isn't /fit/.
>>35186045
>a properly trained fighter can fight without rules too, and
Trained fighter? Yes. Trained pure "martial artist"? No. Way. The rules are the fulcrum of the martial "art". At my first gym there were karate and judo, and twice a year the masters and the disciples had a friendly combat with boxers.
The boxers always had to carry additional handicaps for a "fair" match.
>>
>>35186127
I'm fairly sure that a Krav Maga trainer can beat the shit out of a "guy versed in BJJ or Wrestling" if they were to fight without rules.
>>
>>35186165
>Krav Maga will give you the most benefit in the least amount of time
No, this is retarded.

Boxing and a bit of any grappling discipline will give you the basics of not getting fucked up in a street the fastest. Just practice, spar and grapple and you'll do well against someone who's untrained.
>>
>>35186218
>if they were to fight without rules.
Which is almost the same as an mma fight, but with more elbows and wrist locks.

If you think you can use jew magick to rip the guy's balls off from 10 feet away then I hope you enjoy your 65$ a month fee for your jew gym.
>>
>>35186218

Why hasn't anyone from a Krav Maga background ever made it in MMA? If A high level grappler will tool around a Krav Maga trainer.
>>
>>35185959
>needing to learn how to fight
confirmed for pleb
>>
>>35186045
Because UFC is a 1v1 with fucking rules you idiot. Being on the ground grappling somebody won't help if there is 1 more person to kick your head.
>>
Is this for a real life practical situation?

If so go boxing. If its for sport, do thai boxing.
>>
File: fijiblows.jpg (94 KB, 540x534) Image search: [Google]
fijiblows.jpg
94 KB, 540x534
wrestling desu senpai
>>
sport fighting isnt going to help you too much in the real world. Anything on the ground and you'll get your head stomped in
just get used to knowing how to take a punch and throw a punch
>>
>>35185959
wrestling gives you, hands down, over all the best foundation for any type of fighting. Real fighting usually ends up on the ground, and while its cool to know a submission or two (later) there are a few staples first: hips, positioning, and general awareness for another body.

However, thats just a foundation.
Proof: most of the best ufc fighters and toughest/ most bad ass have a wrestling background

OBVIOUSLY Couple this style of fighting with a blow by blow type
>>
>>35186704
dumb nigger most assaults are by one person.
you prolly go to some ninjitsu school and think you could beat any mma fighter with eye pokes and crotch kicks.
>>
>>35186266
really tho. i feel that krav is shite because they don't do hard sparing. all i see those tards doing is fancy kung-fu like shit. everytime some freshman come to our mma class at my univ they always say shit like "krav maga is more street applicable". stupid shits have to learn that control is way more important that some shitty joint lock or eye gouge. mma/jiu jitsu is the way to go.
>>
>>35186266
can't speak for everyone but when i trained krav we essentially did basic MMA training as well as kickboxing to supplement the self-defence techniques.

Most combos ended in something that you wouldn't do in UFC of your opponent would die.

Basic combo was jab, straight, hook, elbow into a knee to the stomach repeatedly until they dropped. Once on the ground it was ended with a head stomp.
>>
File: gIjCUP9.jpg (315 KB, 1632x1424) Image search: [Google]
gIjCUP9.jpg
315 KB, 1632x1424
>>35185959
>>
>>35187182
"opponent would die". its myths like that that keep mma from being legalized. this belief in simple punches that can instantly kill. krav maga in the US is basically just Kung-Fu.
>>
>>35185959
MT/boxing + liftan is great.
BJJ/sub-wrestling/Judo + liftan is great.
MMA + liftan is great.

The only problem is that it's nearly impossible to advance properly in any discipline (including weights) if you are cross training in another.

I tried MT + Madcow and it fucking wrecked me.

Currently doing Upper/Lower/MT/rest and repeat.
>>
>>35187122
no I have 4 years of kickboxing, and 2 years of muay thai and I've been a bouncer for about 7 months now
This isnt a fucking highschool fight Im talking about the real world. Thinking fair fights and 1vs1 will get you bottled
>>
>>35187219
Can't help but feel you didn't read the entire post
>>
Muay Thai is the most dangerous in terms of mma. Turns your elbows and knees into weapons
>>
File: 1431387399270.png (249 KB, 500x493) Image search: [Google]
1431387399270.png
249 KB, 500x493
>>35185998
>krav

I sure hope you guys don't do this.

Krav is a simply a watered down version of better things.

If you really want to learn how to blast someone in the balls, a can promise you a fucking football coach can teach you better than your average krav teacher. Want to have a great eye-poke? Train boxing, not krav.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.