[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32
File: dieta.gif (17 KB, 332x658) Image search: [Google]
dieta.gif
17 KB, 332x658
The old thread is well over 300 replies.

If I'm lifting, should my activity level on scoobys calorie calculator be "1/3h of light exercise"?

Also, am I eating clean enough? bulking at 6'5 219lbs. pic related
>>
My coach is referring me to a dietician, just to look over my diet. Anything I should ask while I'm there?

I'm already going to ask
1. If creatine is just a chain of amino acids, doesn't that mean it's a protein? In which case why doesn't it count towards my daily protein intake, and why doesn't it list protein nutritional info on the container?
2. Just because my metabolism and heart can handle my higher fat diet, can my gallbladder still also?
>>
Repost from dead thread

Yesterday during my Push session I was doing DB Bench and I dumped the DBs incorrectly. Now my left shoulder doesn't feel quite right.

It wasn't even painful at the time and isn't now the next morning but I knew I fucked up. There is slight uncomfort at certain rotations but it is not painful.

My questions is should I be fine to do Pull today? I will be starting at extra light weight
>>
Found out I have an enlarged spleen and have been feeling like shit.

Googling enlarged spleen gives me the creeps as pretty much everything listed as a cause is fucking terrible.

Is it safe to keep lifting if I can, or should I stop to avoid any possibility of a rupture?
>>
Copying from the other thread.

Lifting belts. What do I get? And advice on brand, kind or price?

thewodlife.com have free shipping. Anything good there?
>>
>>35185615
Are you gaining weight at about 1 kg per month? Yes? Then you're eating enough.
>>
File: nevergonnamakeit.jpg (113 KB, 653x490) Image search: [Google]
nevergonnamakeit.jpg
113 KB, 653x490
After a boxing session about a month ago I started feeling some discomfort at the bottom of my right wrist (it's marked in pic related)

Since that happened it has gotten gradually worse - it's not too bad, but I can feel more discomfort now when I press than I would a month ago

What should I do?
>>
>>35185812
??? Go ask your doc
>>
My physical trainer doesn't think I should deadlift. I agree for the time being, as I have uncoordinated glutes and end up hurting my back every time I deadlift because my posterior chain is missing a piece. But eventually should I be able to deadlift without issues?
>>
>>35185828
Are you a competitive powerlifter? Two ply leather from EliteFTS or other reputable company. Competitive Oly lifter or recovering from a back injury? Single ply leather from same.

Everyone else shouldn't bother with one. In fact the competitive lifters probably shouldn't use them for anything except max attempts.
>>
>>35185710
I would just take time off. Focus on rehabbing. it may set you back a bit, but better than causing a serious injury

>>35185828
PLG or WLG would probably be better places to ask.
>>
>>35185884
Eventually.
>>
>>35185860
http://triggerpoints.net

If it didn't swell up, you probably didn't break anything.
>>
>>35185845
been on bulk for 3 weeks only, but did gain 1kg since it started.
I wanted to know if this diet is well balanced.
>>
>>35185902
Cool. That's all I needed to hear, thanks man.
>>
>>35185706
Micronutrient levels in blood tests.
>>
>>35185924
You only need 1.2-1.7 g protein/kg lean mass and adequate kcals and adequate stimulation. Beyond that, make sure you get plenty of green vegetables for your health.
>>
>>35185968
great, thanks. so the proportion of carbs/fats is not really that important? I try to keep it somewhere between 2:1 and 1:1.
>>
>>35186043
Not that important as long as you get some fat and fiber.
>>
Can anyone recommend me some good fitness-related books?
>>
>>35186117
What do you want to do?
>>
>>35186117
> practical programming 3rd edition
> becomming a supple leopard
> lyle mcdonald guide to flexible dieting
>>
I'm trying to cut and I was wondering if running 8 miles a week is good. Am I doing this right ?
>>
>>35185923
Thanks for link. It has not swelled up no

Should I avoid lifting for a couple of days/weeks?
>>
>>35186233
calories in < calories out is all you need

running is fine if you're not super fat.
>>
>>35186156

Thanks, man. I'll look into the books!

>>35186126

I want to gain a little bit of knowledge on "everything" really, so strength, aesthetics, cardio, dieting - the works.
>>
>>35186244

If you want. If you can release a tight muscle with massage and make it better, you might not need to.
>>
>>35186265
I'm 20bf so I need to run and was wondering if I need more cardio.
>>
>>35186269
Mel Siff's Supertraining
Llewellyn's Anabolics
Schwarzenegger's Encyclopedia of Bodybuuilding
>>
>>35186295
If you have enough stamina, no, you don't need more cardio.
>>
First time ever sumo deadlifting. Tried it out cause conventional was getting on my nerves, that back just wouldnt stop rounding. Form check it pls

vid me/ 87Mr
>>
>>35186279
All right, I will try to do this. Thanks man!

One thing though - a friend of mine had a nasty inflammation in his wrist. This was some time ago, and I don't remember his symptoms, but do you know how to distinguish inflammation and a sore muscle (or otherwise "harmless" muscle stress)?
>>
>>35186329
Push your knees out a lot more for sumo. Practice hinging at the hips (one hand on belly and the other on low back and try to bend at the hips without bending at the low back). Lower the bar to your knees by bending with your hips, and bend at the knees to lower it to the floor.

>>35186342
Only way to be sure is an x-ray.
>>
>>35185891
I've got a 3 plate squat and deadlift. It wouldn't be any helpful to me?

>>35185892

Cheers
>>
>>35186342
A broken bone will swell up like a grapefruit. Not the bone, just the surrounding tissue.

A torn muscle or tendon will make a bruise.

A detatched muscle will bulge up at the end that's still attached.
>>
>>35186413
It's not a queation of whether it will help you lift more, it will. It's whether it's worth it.

http://www.backfitpro.com/pdf/weight_belts.pdf
>>
Cutbro here. Almost at goal weight of 190, just 4 more pounds. I've lost a shit ton of weight, and noticed how bad my stomach has looked, and I'm pretty sure it's loose skin and a bit of fat as well.

When I hit 190, do I just maintain for awhile, or do I try to bulk up to lose the loose skin?
>>
>>35186518
Loose skin may go away. Or it might not. Depends on your genes, which determine the ratio of collagen (stiff tissue) to elastin (stretchy tissue). It can take a year or more to resolve, though.
>>
Could someone walk me though how to squat, like how they know how to do it? I've been watching videos but I can't seem to get anything about it right. Should I just ask someone else at my gym if they could watch my form
>>
>>35186536
That's a shame. My final weight loss total will be 85 pounds/38.5 kg, so I expected as much. Went slow but still got it.
>>
>>35186547
We really would need to see you do it.

Try elevating your heels, though.
>>
>>35186562
You can also get a tummy tuck. About $5K, though.
>>
>>35186575
I don't really have that kind of money to throw around, but I'll keep it in mind. Think I'll just try to see if I can lose the loose skin first.
>>
>>35186562
Be glad you lost the weight. You're already at much less risk for all kinds of diseases, and you probably move a whole lot easier.
>>
>>35186596
I am glad. This year has been one where I've been flipping my life around, and this is one of the biggest things for me. I know I still got a long way to go before getting a more ideal body, but this is a huge step in the right direction. I also want to help convince some friends of mine that they can get /fit/ too.
>>
>>35186563
Stronglifts said that this was bad? When you squat what do you focus on to keep the form correct?
>>
>>35186614
It's bad to do with a lot of weight, but elevating your heels can give you an idea about how to squat.

What you focus on depends on the kind of squat you're doing. But a good first step is to get in a comfortable bottom position. Elevating your heels can help with that.
>>
>>35186647
Okay, I'll try that tomorrow. I'm only lifting light until I get the form down anyways
>>
File: o.jpg (19 KB, 315x429) Image search: [Google]
o.jpg
19 KB, 315x429
When I did squats today my wrist started hurting like a bitch at red spot on pic. I didn't finish my sets because it stung too much. It's been a problem for some weeks now but it didn't happen before. Is there something I need to fix with my form?

wat dew?
>>
Is starting strength a meme? If so, why? What's wrong about it? What would you recommend instead to a beginner with okay legs, no overweight and everything else maybe a bit more than typical DYEL?
>>
>>35186836
It's a good program for beginners. But it's more than just the program. It's a book that teaches exercise form in detail.
>>
what percentages or progressions could i use for this? standard texas method style?
>>
>>35186792
elevate your heels means put a small plate under your heels not bring your heels off the ground when you squat FYI
>>
>>35186830
Stop trying to support the bar with yoir hands. Use your hands to just stabiloze the bar on your shoulders. Your shoulders should take all the weight.
>>
>>35186867
Yes.
>>
I can't calculate my lean body mass because I can't properly find out my body fat percentage. I'm a literal aushwitz with a belly; otherwise twig arms, legs, back, and everything.

Can I just take 100g of protein? I know I may need less but more wont hurt at this point would it?
>>
>>35186879
But then it will roll off, no?
>>
>>35186913
If it does, it's in the wrong place.
>>
so fat my knees hurt when doing lunges, so immobile i can't stretch my quads properly. wut do?
>>
>>35186903
Shoot for 1 gram per pound. And eat plenty of fatty carbs. They're less filling and will let you eat more kcals.
>>
>>35186925
Make sure you're lunging properly. One hand on your tummy, the other on your low back. If your low back muscles are on, lean back, if your abs are on, lean forward.
>>
Is this good progression for a skelly who started lifting in mid August?

Squat: 85 -> 155lb
BP: 70 ->100lb
DL: 95 -> 165
OHP: 45 -> 70
Body weight: 120 -> 142

doing starting strenk
>>
>>35186935
>Le 1 g of protein per lb of bw meme
No, you need .82g per lb of LBM (not bodyweight) on a cut and .68g per lb of lbm on a bulk.
There's a study on protein synthesis and muscle loss on this subject and those were the finite results.
>>
>>35186924
Okay I'll check my form again.
>>
>>35186965
Not great, but not bad. Eat more.

>>35186973
1 g per pound is fine. You don't need to obsess about such minute details.
>>
anyone have any experiences with soylent?
https://www.soylent.com/product/drink/#nutrition-info
I'm a lazy fuck
>>
>>35186925
Calories in < calories out. That's the most important thing.

Walk for exercise if that's all you can do.
>>
File: body.jpg (33 KB, 417x649) Image search: [Google]
body.jpg
33 KB, 417x649
I have always been a slender guy. I was premature by 2 months. I was short as a young teenager. I have been my same size since a junior in high school. I try to gain weight to turn into muscle, without having to take body enhancements. Any suggestions?
>>
>>35187141
You got fat. Lose 50 lbs.
>>
>>35187102
Looks interesting. Why not get a small order and try it? Pretty low risk.
>>
What are some /fit/ approved ideas for breakfasts that can be made in advance and just taken on the run in the morning?
>>
>>35187260
Hard boiled eggs.

Shit, I don't know. I don't eat breakfast.
>>
>>35187141
looking thick and solid anon, keep it that bulk
>>
>>35187260
Lot of milk
>>
>>35187260
Breakfast burritos, muffins, smoothies...
>>
I'm 5'8.8 (not insecure enough to round up to 5'9 but not confident enough to say 5'8) and 155 pounds skinnyfat. Been lifting a couple months now, started on SS but now on brosplits.

Should I be bulking or cutting? I'm a twig on most of my body but fat in the stomach so I'd like to get rid of it first before going on some retarded Gomad diet.
>>
Hey fit, fractured my knuckle on my right hand about a week and half ago, the swellings gone down and it's a lot more mobile than it was- is it safe to lift again? I'm doing ss+ curls and dips if that makes a difference. I'm going crazy not lifting as well, I feel so skinny when I look in the mirror.

Related: should I deload by 10% when I finally get back? Also should I eat at maintenance but still 1gram protein/pound of weight?
>>
File: jolly-final-screen-cap-jpg.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
jolly-final-screen-cap-jpg.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>35187260
Skip breakfast. It's better for your metabolism. Google Intermitten Fasting
>>
>>35187322
Slow bulk.
>>
>>35185615
>that saturated fat

nigga you gonna die.
>>
>>35187337
Thinking you look small and weak after a week off? See a therapist. You're bucking for body dysmorphia.

Squats should be fine to do. Wait a month before putting anything heavy in your hands to keep from injuring yourself again.
>>
Has anyone here ever blacked out during deadlifts?
>>
>>35187453
Yes. Breathe out a little at the top to prevent it.
>>
>>35187355
So like eating at a very minor surplus?
>>
>>35187453
It's normal. Always take a knee after a set
>>
>>35187475
Enough to gain a kg per month.
>>
I'm aiming for 1/2/3/4 plates. I'm doing 50, 85, 100, and 130 at the moment.

What should weight should I aim for:

CJP
Barbell Row
Pullups
Dips
>>
>>35187498
Don't worry about the accessory lifts. Just get enough volume and push the weight up when you can.
>>
File: 1448913792643.jpg (1005 KB, 1000x1506) Image search: [Google]
1448913792643.jpg
1005 KB, 1000x1506
>>35185615
Newbie guy here, I want help to make a diet plan to cut weight and maintain myself lean, theres some page where u guys do this? I currently weight 77,8 kg and height is 1.71m (fuck imperial metrics) my goal weight is 65 kgs or less, any advice on this is appreciated.
>>
This summer I started stalling on SS, and I ended up deloading a lot. Now I'm back to the same weights and I'm terrified that I'm about to start failing my reps. What should I do to break through the plateau?
>>
The fuck do I train for arm width senpaitachi? Gaining in my upper arms on a 2D plane. They're starting to look normal from the side but from the front and back I'm still full spoopy. Tips?
>>
>>35189607
Lateral head of triceps is lacking. Do skull crushers from behind your head.
>>
>>35189462
Switch to an intermediate program.
>>
File: Laughing_Jew_Rat.gif (3 MB, 365x341) Image search: [Google]
Laughing_Jew_Rat.gif
3 MB, 365x341
>>35189697
>>35189462
Stalling on SS?
>ayy lmao
Just be a cardiofag or something.
Seriously, without stats you seem like an ultifag.
>>
>>35188927
weigh yourself regularly to make sure your weight is moving in the right direction

go to the gym 3x a week, do 25 good reps of an upper body push, an upper body pull, and a squat. then do 10 reps of lower body pull (like deadlift or RDL). get the reps however you like.
>>
>>35189462
Switch up sets and reps. Look up Alan thralls vid on what to do when you're stalling on 3x5. Switch to an intermediate program
>>35188927
CustomMealPlanner.com
Scooby has a great article on bodybuilding nutrition. I'd also recommend rapid fat loss by dr Lyle McDonald
>>35187102
A documentary showed that it isn't the most sanitary stuff. Also not optimum nutrition if you wanna get /fit/
>>35186836
Do not forget accessories. Add some more bench press variation, curls, chin-ups/pull-ups and ab work
>>35186830
You're probably letting the weight rest on your wrist. Thumbless grip would help you keep wrists in line with your arm.
>>
File: Raw-Chicken-Fillet.jpg (38 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
Raw-Chicken-Fillet.jpg
38 KB, 1600x1067
How many calories are there in 1 chicken fillet panfried? Extremely random numbers come from google search
like, 220ish?
>>
New to lifting.

For whatever reason my upper body is way stronger than my lower. I'm working on it though. Current lifts (lbs):

Bench: 165
Squat: 145
Deadlift: 205

I've heard some stuff about how deadlifting with weak legs/hamstrings results in more strain on the lower back, and therefore injury. Should I hold off deadlift progression until my squats are better?

Also on deadlifts I have trouble getting my hip and knee joints to open at the same time. My hips lag behind my knees during my pull. I try to focus on getting hips/knees in sync, but it seems like I can't get my back to start lifting until my legs have already started. Advice for how to fix this?
>>
>>35185706
>1. If creatine is just a chain of amino acids, doesn't that mean it's a protein?
yes
>In which case why doesn't it count towards my daily protein intake,
it does
>and why doesn't it list protein nutritional info on the container?
supplements don't have to follow the same rules as foodstuffs
>>
File: tJn2C.png (333 KB, 838x729) Image search: [Google]
tJn2C.png
333 KB, 838x729
I don't understand the point of macros: if I had a diet of soft drinks and nothing else, and some way got every other necessary nutrient in the form of a pill, that would be still adequate, right?

The body should distribute the energy from the soda and decide what macro to turn it into.
>>
Is eating frozen fruit someone detrimental when compared to fresh fruit?
Does this also apply to vegetables?
>>
5'8", 201 lbs to 156 lbs in 6 and a half months

Goal is to get to 10-12% (from the sticky)

I'm around 15-17% bodyfat. How much weight/how long did it take for you guys to go from 15-17% to like 10-12%?
>>
Been cutting down from 80kg currently 70kg, should I cut for just one more month since it is summer before bulking? then lean bulk through to next summer, not really happy with the fat right now but know I need muscle.
>>
>>35185706
Creatine is not a bunch of amino acids. During early chemistry you had to break it down into amino acids to analyse it.
So its basicly creatine reacts to(in a lab not in body) a bunch of amino acids
>>
File: image.jpg (93 KB, 900x859) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93 KB, 900x859
How taxing are gymnastics rings workouts on the CNS and muscles?

I've built some mass with barbells but now I want to get good on the rings. I plan to keep two days a week of barbell training, for maintenance, where I do mostly compounds in a 5x3-5 range:

>squats
>deadlifts
>clean and press
>weighted pull ups
>rows

On top of this I plan to add three days of bodyweight ring workouts:
>pull ups
>dips
>handstands
>support holds
>front/back levers
>planche
>l sit

So it would look like:

RBRxRBx

Recipe for overtraining and poor progress or doable with enoough rest and calories?
>>
>>35190224
Body cannot decide macros. For example no matter how much sugar you eat it contains C,H and O. There's no way it can function as protein because proteins have nitrogen present in them too.
as for energy requirement calories are what matters for gaining or losing weight. Macros determine body composition and micros determine health.
>>35190234
Check for preservatives in fruit. If it's preserved with sugar it's gonna differ from fresh fruit.
>>
Two things:
1. By upper back is constantly sore and I constantly fee the need to crack/pop it. If I sit with bad posture for 10 seconds, when I correct my posture it cracks/pops. What the fuck is this?

2. My left hand/arm is sometimes numb/tingly. 3 days ago it was tingly for about 3 hours. Today after I benched I felt the same thing. I haven't had a stroke or heart attack yet lol. I'm only 22 and in pretty good shape, I was running 7 miles at a time just a few months ago. What the fuck is this?

What are the odds I have a spinal injury?
>>
>>35190169
pls does nobody eat chicken on /fit/?
>>
File: IMG-20151209-WA0011.jpg (54 KB, 283x424) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20151209-WA0011.jpg
54 KB, 283x424
Is this guy natty?
His traps are too big imo
>>
I want a fat ass

Is this proper form?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2jO24FFfeo
>>
>>35190837
im no specialist,and you seem like a troll
but arent his knees going too forwards,also he is slightly lifting his heels,i think they're supposed to stay fully grounded
>>
I cant stand the cold anymore
not the physical,i take cold showers and generraly dont give a fuck about wearing warm clothes,i prefer the cold,atleast makes me feel something.

How do i deal with the cold inside me,with the emptiness,no matter how many gains i make,or how much fit food i put inside me i still feel empty and cold,i wanna cry

what is there to do /fit/
>>
I am doing 36/12 intermittent fasting.
How long does it take to wreck me enough to force me to reverse diet?
I don't want to reverse diet, so I am breaking this up into a 1 month of IF and one month of maintenance.

My TDEE is, by calculating it, about 2300 kcals and I want to lose about 4kg before I go straight back to maintaining and then go back to 36/12 and repeat ad nauseum until I reach my preferred weight.
>>
>>35191148
Do you know why you feel cold?
Also, it's called apathy, or in your case, depression.
Since it's the season again, take some d3
>>
I'm right handed but the left side of my body seems much more defined than my right? like my left delt is larger than my right. and I can somewhat see my serratus on my left side whilst on my right is alot harder to see
>>
>>35191148
Keep going, find more things you like. If it doesn't go away visit a decent shrink.
>>
>>35190715
traps are mainly genetics, he could actually be natty since no 3d delts and good light
>>
how do I stop myself from binge-eating on bad days?

A really good job opportunity fell through for me last week and I completely fell back on all my progress the last few weeks. Really knocked me on my ass.
>>
Has anyone tried Choc Mint flavour protein before and is it worth getting?
>>
I want to start supplementing Zinc. Should I get normal Zinc tabs or ZMA?
>>
I-I did it guys... I went to the gym this morning. I finally got up and went.
>>
>>35191165
I have this too. My left handed gymbro have the opposite :/ wtf
>>
File: bro hug 3.jpg (39 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
bro hug 3.jpg
39 KB, 500x370
>>35191253
Go you! Now do this every day from now on!
>>
>>35191260
I'm going to try man, this feels pretty good.
>>
im a youngling 17 1/3 years old,i think im going through a second puberty phase,the one you grow more hair and shit,i think i dunno

my calves,on the back of my calves the hairs are thinning,like getting shorter,in one place as if i shaved them,is it natural?

is it happening cause of my age or because im getting /fit/ and running

what do you think senpai?

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
>>
>>35191303
you're 17 bro, let your body do your thing. If you were 22 or so i'd look more into it, but y our body is just going to do whatever the fuck it wants right now.
>>
>>35185615
You're eating way, way, wayyyyyy too much protein, even for a guy on massive amounts of steroids. Another victim of the high protein mem--a meme which is not in any way supported by science or espoused by anyone outside of the fitness industry (which thrives on ad space from protein companies).

Eat less protein. If you're using a protein powder, use way less. There's no way a guy your size--even on massive amounts of gear--needs more than 120g of protein while bulking. You're also eating way more fat than you need. Eat more starchy carbs (potatoes, rice) and way less protein and fat.
>>
>>35191191
bump
>>
How much fiber do I want in my diet?

For context, I've been eating almost no veggies/fiber-rich foods and I'm trying to change that. Turns out I love peas and broccoli and can easily cram 100-200g of either into my daily cut. Is that enough?
>>
>>35191531
Are you pooping every day?
if yes then ok with fiber.
Are you not pooping every day?
more fiber breh.
Good for you eating vegies. Vary vegies more if you can. Go you breh.
>>
My left leg hurt like a mf and when I touch the muscles in my thigh and calf they feel like one of those stressballs filled with potato starch. The muscles give in if i press my finger on them but takes a long time to pop back. Wtf. Am I dying?
>>
Good routine for purely front squats?
Should I try DUP? Has it worked well for anyone?
>>
What's the best whey product for gainz?
>>
File: 1448402785935.jpg (33 KB, 540x283) Image search: [Google]
1448402785935.jpg
33 KB, 540x283
There HAS to be something wrong with me
>warm up rotator cuff before every chest session
>ALWAYS get what feels like pain behind my right shoulder,usually starts from flat press and gets worse when doing flyes
>Also feel minimal shoulder pain when doing the RC warm up
>Right shoulder and trap look phenomenal while left shoulder and trap look eh
What the fuck is this???Internally rotated shoulders?Uneven scapula?Scoliosis?
>>
>>35191894
You fap too much.
>>
>>35191901
Makes sense since I used to fap quite a lot when I was younger.Anything I can do to fix this imbalance because this is seriously ruining a good chance I have at aesthetics
>>
>>35191946
The only chance is doing isolation movements that just target the weaker side and only train this for months. That way the other side gets smaller and the weak side bigger. When they're even you can start to train normally. But it''s hard to do once it really noticable because you really have to to isolation only and after that go very slowly when you want to build strength or the imbalance just changes the side.

Also try to fap with the other hand and do it really often.
>>
>>35185615
went from 75.5kg to 79~
when i was 75.7 i didnt drink anything during this day and the day before, but gosh 3.5kg after drinking some water + food? wut
>>
>>35191531
you know, once you're done with your daily protein (and fats, since you won't easily find 100% no-fat protein unless it's in supplements), you should eat mostly fiber rich vegetables, to get your daily calories.
it's just the easiest way to get all the micros you need.
>>
For standing tricep extensions, should I end with my forearms vertical or horizontal?
>>
>>35185615
I don't know if this is the right place to ask but im desperate. My Grandpa had a year of almost non stop hospital visits and operations behind him (mostly heart stuff). Now he has regained some of his stamina but the muscles in his legs have deteriorated so much that they simply dont carry his wheight any more than for a period of ~2 minutes with a walking stick (or that roller thingy, forgot the name). Since my grandma cant carry him incase his legs give in i started walking with him whenever i can (~5 days a week). It takes him 30 minutes for a distance i would walk (normal pace) in 3 min.
What more can i do to help him? im sure he does not get enough protein so would a daylie protein shake be an option to speed up the proccess? Help me please, i dont want him to spend the rest of his live alone in a room because he cant leave his chair anymore. Thanks!
>>
2 months and a half into ICF and my lifts are stalling, should I change to a brosplit for better gains? Ive been bulking and got a biit fat aswell, 5'7 manlet 163 pounds
>>
>>35192098
Brosplits are retarded since you only target shit once a week.Also ICF is shit.
>>
>>35192110
Oh I thought brosplitst were the ones that ragert twice a week, my bad and why is ICF shit? im doing it 3x5 like SS and I do calves except the stupid ab exercise. What should I change?
>>
>>35192077
Tell him to talk to a doctor/physio rehab may be possible.A doctor can also help with his diet since he's in this condition.Why not get a wheelchair in the meantime?I know you mean well helping but you also have to live your life and there are times you will be busy.
>Look into physio and a wheelchair in the meantime.
>>
File: 1449330774413.jpg (60 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1449330774413.jpg
60 KB, 500x500
>>35191983
It is not a muscle imbalance because both sides are equally strong (although my left bicep is stronger) as much as it is a skeletal imbalance.But yeah,IMO I think I need to have a few hundred brutal,intense,left hand fap sessions.
>>
>>35192110
I've been thinking to do Layne Nortons PHAT after my squat hits 1.5 bodyweight? its at 200 pounds now
>>
>>35192077
>>35192140
This. Get help from doctor and nutritionist/dietitian. elderly need different diets than young/younger people. They can do more for him than you right now. In the mean time You're doing great. A little bit of walking here and there will make a great difference for him.
>>
>>35192129
>were the ones that ragert twice a week
What?Did you mean push/pulls or upper/lowers?
Sorry I must have thought of a different routine when I said it was shit.Some things like cable crunches are strange.The amount of exercises is high aswell.Tbh I don't trust blaha his physique is horrible.
>>
>>35192140
>>35192169

All his docs are complete fuckheads and he is of the gerneration where a doctors opinion is basically law. It makes me sick how they treat him, you can tell they dont give a shit, if they could they would tell him to go die in a corner and not waste their time. They all just give him the 'just be more active, physio is overkill' meme. Also that shit is expensive as fuck here and healthcare does not cover it. Wheelchair is kinda counter productive since it does not get him of his ass to put it bluntly and he would not want it anyway, i can already hear him say 'if i need a wheelchair to get out of the house why even bother in the first place'. I guess ill just keep doing what im doing. thanks lads
>>
>>35192187
Push pulls yes and I saw he doesn't look that great but I am skinnyfat dyel so what do I know.. I was also thinking of doing Chinups everyday but not sure if it would affect my gains and recovery.. I can only do 3 of them now, could barely do 1 when I started.
>>
>>35192207
>>35192187
my upper body is really weak compared to my lower body (the only place I put a lot of mass on) so maybe I should do greyskulll?
>>
>>35192206
You make a good point here. You're a good man, anon. He's lucky to have you. I recommend doing some research on diets suitable for him. Too much protein for someone elderly (70 and above) can kill off appetite and that age group have problems with appetite already. You need to find something that can give him weight gain and muscle growth but still keep his appetite up. Sorry if I sound daft. I did something similar with my gran when she broke her hip. She reacted badly to extra protein. Hope it helps.
>>
>>35191191
Another bump
>>
>>35192367
Stop bumping yourself. Take whatever.
>>
>start lifting early in the morning
>first day eat yogurt
>feel so nauseous I can barely finish my routine, sick for the rest of the day
>second day today
>just drink a cup of water with creatine
>feel a bit nauseous after squats
What can I eat? I'd have nothing, but I want to get creatine on before starting.
>>
>>35192422
Eat some fruits, or a pro shake. Maybe that works.
>>
File: 20151203_182037-1.jpg (3 MB, 1792x2791) Image search: [Google]
20151203_182037-1.jpg
3 MB, 1792x2791
So I'm sitting around my goal weight right now (6ft 182 lbs) but I still have a decent amount of body fat (calipers say that I'm at 17%). So should I continue to cut until I'm at 12% bf and do a clean bulk back to 180lbs or just eat around maintenence now and continue working on my lifts?
>>
>>35192422
I've been training first thing in the morning for a couple of years now. I find that I can train 100% fasted on only water but if I do I will begin feeling depleted and shaking after about an hour's work.
What I prefer to do is bring a shake of BCAA and maltodextrin (any rapidly absorbed carb source will do) that I sip of during the workout. This works really well.

Don't eat right before training. Any serious effort with heavy compounds and you'll puke on the floor. Been there, done that.
>>
I'm sorry to ask this, it's probably in the wiki, but here goes.

I want to "bulk up" a bit, I'm skinny, kinda athletically built but I want to look better. I started gaining weight (i'm 182cm, weighed 63 last year and up to 68 now. It's been a real struggle to get there). The thing is, I'm a single parent of 2 and getting a sitter is nigh impossible for me, so I can't for the life of me hit the gym 24/7.

tl;dr what's the best equipment to get to train at home? Money is kind of an issue, but I'm sure there are starter kits? I'm at a loss here, I could really use the advice.
>>
>>35192490
>eat around maintenence now and continue working on my lifts?
This is what I would do if I were you.
That being said, if after 3-4 months of doing this you're not seeing much progress, I would scratch that approach and instead cut hard in order to reach a better starting point.
>>
File: wojack.jpg (71 KB, 707x500) Image search: [Google]
wojack.jpg
71 KB, 707x500
>>35185615
where the fuck can I get cheap pygeum in Australia?
>>
>>35192490
More like 20%. Forget the scale weight. You have to be completely honest with yourself breh. Don't feel bad about it. We all fuck up and get fat. I've never known anyone who actually lifts to not have gotten over-fat at some point.

How long have you been dieting? If you've been at it more than 10 weeks, take 10-14 days at maintenance, have a couple of small free meals or go out and enjoy yourself. Take it easy, diet break.

After that, keep cutting. You're not going to do anything at all for yourself eating at maintenance, and equally, trying to gain mass above 12% is a huge waste of time without AAS - you're just going to get fat and look like shit.

Keep going breh you can make it.
>>
>>35192514
You can get results doing various bodyweight exercises that require minimal equipment. But if you want to build some mass in the most effective and fastest way, nothing beats a good barbell, a rack, and an adjustable bench. Although you can build the rack yourself, these items are not cheap, but on the other hand will last you a lifetime, and this setup will take you as far as you want to go, pretty much.
>>
File: them thighs.jpg (24 KB, 410x337) Image search: [Google]
them thighs.jpg
24 KB, 410x337
>>35191666
Shameless self bump
>>
>>35192543
Ok thanks, all i'm after!
>>
>>35192058
>>35191594
Thanks, will do that. I'm trying to eat less than 30-40g of carbs a day, guess peas are not the most appealing for that. Besides green beans and broccoli, what else could I look at?
>>
>Height: 5.5 ft (169cm)
>Weight (March/2015): 220 lb (99 Kg)
>Weight Today: 164 lb (73,5 Kg)
>Between July and October was a rollercoaster for me because I cutted for 2 week and ate lot of food the next one so I didn't really lose weight but managed to maintain in 75kg.
>Cutting, eating healthy, doing SS (since 1 month ago) and doing lot of cardio worked for me so far.
>Lost lot of fat and muscle mass also.

Question is, how much more weight should I lose before I stop cutting and start eating on my TDEE to gain muscle mass and start looking fit? Never measured my BF% but according to my IMC 25,73, I'm still overweight.
>>
>>35192605
Carrots, beets, tomatoes, bell peppers, radishes, cabbage, kale,
try to vary your colours a bit to get different flavonoids.
Also, fruits.
>>
File: 3108.jpg (114 KB, 700x990) Image search: [Google]
3108.jpg
114 KB, 700x990
>>35192490
>weeab underwear
>>
I have primatene with ephedrine HCL, should i take 2 tabs for a full dose or just one
>>
>>35191148
It passes. I went through this in a big way as I started getting /fit/. I think some of it is literally hormonal. Your body chemistry will settle doen with time. Sort of like mental DOMS.
>>
>>35192606
>>Height: 5.5 ft (169cm)
169 is at least 5.6ft
>>
>>35192704
169 = 5.55ft
>>
>>35192735
>169cm
169 cm = 5 feet and 6.5354 inches
>>
File: Pissy manlet.jpg (65 KB, 634x423) Image search: [Google]
Pissy manlet.jpg
65 KB, 634x423
>>35192704
>>35192735
>>35192752
srsly guys
>>
File: 1448998709387.jpg (80 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
1448998709387.jpg
80 KB, 533x800
>>35189730
>>35189734
Thanks guys I'll check out and post results later
>>
Feel deadlifts (1*5 = 190 lbs) in my lower back more than hams
No pain only a little stiffness just after the exercise which has now subsided (3 hrs later)
Is something wrong?
>>
When using a belt and for DL's wrist straps I can lift significantly more than without, is it sort of cheating?

Is deadlifting with wrist straps and a belt for a single working set frowned/looked down upon?

Is squatting with a belt for heavy working sets frowned upon?

Are belts and wrist straps allowed for PL meets?

Thanks bros
>>
>>35192801
>Is something wrong?
Yeah.
Try not to thinking about lifting the weight "up". Instead, focus on moving your ass as far backwards as you can. When you do this, you should feel immense tension building in your hamstring. Use this hamstring to thrust your hips forward again, effectively straightening out your body and automatically lifting the bar.
>>
Thoughts on compressing 5/3/1 into two days as opposed to the standard four while continuing to lift four times a week?

So rather than what I'm doing currently:

> OHP
> Rest
> Squat
> Rest
> Bench
> Diddly
> Rest

Do:

> OHP and Squat
> Rest
> Bench and Diddly
> Rest
> etc

obviously I'd keep the accessory work in there and maybe go back to the full four day split if I start to stall hard but right now I feel like I could be doing each major lift twice a week without overtraining.
>>
>>35192843
>Are belts and wrist straps allowed for PL meets?
Belts are usually allowed. Straps are never allowed.

Regarding your own training, do whatever you please, but:
1) don't let the belt become a crutch i.e. make sure you don't forget how to lift stuff without one, without snapping your shit up.
2) realize that overreliance on wrist straps will turn your already lacking grip strength into total poop.

>>35192849
It can be done.
>>
How do you cook boiled eggs? Do you boil the water then add the eggs and let them simmer? Or do you put eggs with the cold water before boiling then turn off the stove once it starts boiling?
>>
>>35192879
For hard boiled:

>eggs in cold water
>bring to boil
>boil for 12 minutes
>rinse with cold water and peel
>>
>>35192890
>12 minutes
Geesh dude save some flavour. Unless you're eating duck eggs 9 min is more than enough.
>>
>>35192942
They turn out fine but it may depend on the size of the eggs you're using.
>>
>>35192879
soft boiled
>take eggs out of fridge a couple hours before (so there is less off a chance they crack from the temperature change)
>bring water to a boil
>put eggs in water
>let boil for 4 minutes
>take eggs out, rinse with cold water so you can handle them, then peel and enjoy

hardboiled
>put eggs in water
>bring to a boil
>turn off heat and let the eggs sit in that hot water for 10 minutes (with a lid on)
>rinse off with cool water to stop the cooking, peel and enjoy

source: used to make hardboiled eggs everyday for months, now i make softboiled
>>
>>35185615
can I still do all the big lifts with fucked ribs?
>>
>>35192990
Big eggs maximum 10 mins.
Small eggs 7 mins.
>>
Can bench press be replaced with pushups? Im in my colleges american football team and they are building a weight lifting room just for our team. It'll take a month at least.

Would pushups be enough? I make my bro sit on my back or put pressure on my back for heavier pushups.
>>
>>35192865
Thanks buddy.

I'm using it more at this stage to gain confidence to push up through plateaus.
>>
>>35193237
Push-ups are hands down the most underrated exercise of all. I've been training for 5 years and still do them often.

In many ways the push-up is superior to the bench press (closed-kinetic chain, free movement of scapula, serratus activation etc.). The only problem with the push-up is that is impractical to load.
But with a bit of creativity it's easy to make exercises harder. Most people try to make their exercises easier. That's stupid. Always try to make them harder. Play around with leverages, tempo, rest periods, rings and other stuff and you'll find that push-ups can still be quite challenging.

They're best for building muscle though. Doing low reps is just impractical. Impossible even.
>>
>>35193316

Thanks buddy. Good to see someone using pushups in their routine and being satisfied.
>>
I have a question: When people take photos do they do it pre- or postworkout?
>>
>>35192207
>>35192227
so would doing some chinups and pushups daily be beneficial for a beginner?
>>
>>35191165
>>35191256

Think this is normal? Could possibly be that your dominant side of your body is trained for reps due to how much use it gets compared to the other side. Possibly that your dominant side is stronger already and gains don't happen as fast?

Just guessing here
>>
>>35193376
I'll go ahead and answer on the behalf of "people", and say that we probably prefer to take pictures of ourselves when we think we look our best.
>>
my pee makes foam in the toilet, am i gonna die?
>>
>>35193627
ok thanks
>>
>>35193769
Yes
>>
Hey I have a question !!

I am a 20 year old female, 161 cm 90kg.

I have a huge belly for a long time. my BMI is just in the obese range, if I were to lose the weight in 12 months, what are the chances of my skin 'fitting' well? no saggy old man droopy shit?

I got huge streckmarks I don't care about, I am just worried I'll have sag.
>>
>>35193918
bb I think u r perfect the way u r ;) do you live in london per chance?
t. high test male
>>
>>35193965
Darwin, fuckboy
>>
>>35193908
But what do about the foam tho?
>>
>>35193991
Eat it. That foam is pure protein breh. Do you wanna make it?
>>
>>35193918
The slower you loose the weight the less chance of shite skin. If you can handle it mentally I recommend stretching the time limit to 24 months while doing workouts 6 times a week through that time. You'll get a good muscle base and the weight will keep more stable after you loose it.
>>
>>35194018
Two years though.

4 months ago I was 82 kg :/

fuck
>>
File: where2squat.jpg (62 KB, 550x333) Image search: [Google]
where2squat.jpg
62 KB, 550x333
>>35185615
where the hell do i squat /fit/?

this is the gym i wanna go to, but i do not see a squat rack or something that resembles one
>>
File: somewhere.png (477 KB, 550x321) Image search: [Google]
somewhere.png
477 KB, 550x321
>>35194050
somewhere there maybe?
fuck
i wanna do SL but i don't want to a machine for legs
>>
>>35194042
Rapid weight gain will do the same. Be careful bro sis. If you fuck up your skin only surgery will fix it properly.
If you don't have hellfire stretchmarks you still have a chance. The fact that you're only 20 will be beneficial.
You can try to do it in one year, and see how it goes. No absolutes here. Maybe your skin can handle it.
>>
>>35194050
Are you genuinely retarded? Take a look at the first spot on the right, with the bench underneath a squat rack.
>>
>>35194112
Yeah. just noticed you mentioned stretch marks. I recommend going slowly.
>>
File: 1449682680448.jpg (85 KB, 550x333) Image search: [Google]
1449682680448.jpg
85 KB, 550x333
>>35194124
this?
>>
>>35194150
Oh shit, I must be the retarded one. Didn't realize it was a smith machine (or similar) on the first glance. My sincerest apologies.
>>
>>35194163
:(
i just wanna to SL in my shitty gym in the middle of nowhere
>>
>>35194150
On another hand, are you sure that's the gym you want to go to if there's no free weight zone anywhere?
>>
>>35185615
/fit/ Ive become poor as fuck. How to eat healthy on a shit budget?
>>
File: freewights.png (537 KB, 550x384) Image search: [Google]
freewights.png
537 KB, 550x384
>>35194184
this is their free weight zone anon.
can i just, grab the bar and some weights from the benchpress area and stand infront of the mirror
>>
How to take a good progression pic? get someone to take it or find some good lighting to make it look better than it actually is?
>>
>>35194196
Well certainly you could, but setting up for squat will be a pain after you reach beyond a plate (because you'll have to clean and press it to get it on your traps mang). Do you have any other options for a gym?
>>
>>35194206
Do you want honest answers, mirin or gayboy fans?
>>
File: othergym.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
othergym.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
>>35194226
well, there's this gym
>pic

but i'm unsure if that's just for old people who go to rehab and stuff or if you can actually go there as some normal guy
>>
>>35194245
What I gathered from both gyms would be that squats in the smith machine or goblet squats/lunges with DBs are your only options. That's not strictly SL, but should suffice for exercise unless you are aiming to get really good at BB back squats.
>>
>>35194307
man, that sucks though...
>>
Took me a few workouts to manage to do 3x5 89kg bench press at my usual gym.
Then I went back home for the weekend and at the gym there managed to do 3x5 90kg bench on the first try. I've noticed before that benching there seems easier than in my usual gym. Dunno if it's because of the bench or the bar is lighter (don't think so, the guy at the front desk told me they're 20kg for sure).

Anyway tomorrow's bench day again and I'm at my usual gym, so how much should I bench tomorrow? 91kg or try 90kg again? (I'm microloading by 1kg)
>>
>>35194229
I want it for myself and some close friends who I go to the gym with. Nothing to be put over social media.

Regret I don't have older progression pictures.
>>
my physical trainer told me that I shouldn't use free weights as they are dangerous and only stick to machines

is he right/
>>
>>35194394
depends if you're unfit or not.
>>
Why do some people do cycles in his workout and other do x sets of an exercise in a row?
What is the difference?
>>
>20min cardio after 5x5
why
>>
>>35190236
Youre like right where I am, trying to bulk real dirty right now then around spring ill cut and do a shit ton of cardio with light lifts for definition
>>
>>35194368
Good, honest lighting. If you can get a friend to take the photos do so since you then can show off whatever muscle groups you want. Take more pics than you think you need. If someone has a camera, use it rather than phone. make sure to use max size on the pics so you can zoom in on pic later. Do not zoom while taking the shot because it just ruins quality.
>>
>>35194487
Should I let it all hang and breathe out or try to tense up to make it look better?
>>
>>35194521
Do both and save the different pics so you can look at the difference later. No harm in taking more pics than you need and you don't have to show it to anyone else. You can learn a lot from both in retrospect.
>>
>>35194569
Alright cheers, will get my buddy to do it the next time we meet.
>>
I just stuffed my face with simple boiled peas, broccoli, carrots and green beans with just a dash of salt and a smidge of butter and it was the best thing ever, thank you /fit/
>>
>>35194635
...you ate gerbers?
>>
When bulking, people will recommend eating empty calories or inefficient calories to reach your calorie count.

Say for example I hit my macros/micros at X calories in one day, which is my maintenance calories. If I ate 500 calories of "empty calories", how would this translate into more muscle gain than without? Wouldn't it just lead to more fat? Isn't the key just "eat enough for your macros and ensure you don't feel deflated due to lack of food"?
>>
I got no time today I either have to go to the gym or masturbate. Which one /fit/?
>>
>>35194682
wank off when you get to gym, then proceed to touch all the equipment without washing your hands
>>
>>35194698
Yeah but I gotta wait 1 hour after I masturbate thats what I read. Something to do with test.
>>
>>35194671
>If I ate 500 calories of "empty calories", how would this translate into more muscle gain than without? Wouldn't it just lead to more fat?

yes. nailed it. never dirty bulk
>>
>>35194671
I'm no scientist, but I would imagine it goes something like this:

You're bulking so that means you must be exercising, which means your muscle fibers are being pulled apart. The more you eat, the more energy it stores, of course. But your body also makes a mental note to increase muscle size with all the workouts.

Bulking in itself will build fat, it's an impossibility to avoid.
>>
>>35194671
What do you mean by empty calories bruv? Food will either have carb, protein or fat. Theres no way you reached your macro but not your calories.
>>
>>35194734
>Bulking in itself will build fat, it's an impossibility to avoid.
I have managed this just fine, actually. my last 10 lb of muscle has been gained without changing my bf%
>>
>>35194671
The expression "empty calories" refers to food choices that contain almost no nutritional value (i.e. vitamins and minerals) aside from their CALORIES. They still do contain calories. Calories are energy. Your body uses a bunch of energy throughout the day. Building muscle is an energy costly process.
>>
>>35194774
yeah says thats true you still did gain fat. Body fat% is a ratio so if it was the same as before and you gained weight you still gained fat otherwise it would lower.
>>
>>35194774
Bullshit.
>>
>>35194799
Ok then my bf% have changed then. My point is I haven't gained fat.
>>
>>35194825
If you gain 10 lbs of muscle, but also gain 5 lbs of fat, you've gained fat. Just because your BF% didn't change didn't mean you didn't gain any.
>>
>>35194825
So bf% lowered then? If that was the case and you actually measured it you probably wouldnt have said it was the same in the first comment. Anyway how are you so sure you didnt gain any fat anyway?

Im calling bullshit on this one unless ofc roids.
>>
>>35194842
No. Have gained 10 lb and look a shitload leaner because the fat I had is still the same. Might have lost some fat too, for all I know.
>>
>>35194850
>Anyway how are you so sure you didnt gain any fat anyway?
I'm a skellie. Don't have much fat to loose. But yeah, haven't measured.
>>
it's been almost a year with my gf and im not i *love* her... what the fuck do i do i don't have the heart to tell her anything cause she loves me a lot and i think she's cute and cool but idk
>>
>>35185615
waaaaaaay to much fat and a bit too much protein. Drop fat to like 100 and protein to like 225 then put the rest of the calories into carbs.
>>
>>35194901
>my last 10 lb of muscle has been gained without changing my bf%
>I'm a skellie

In other words, your last 10 lbs are also your first 10 lbs?
Opinion discarded.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.