[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tonsil stones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4
File: tonsil-stones-jan-2015[1].jpg (38 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tonsil-stones-jan-2015[1].jpg
38 KB, 1280x720
aka Tonsilloliths

I hate these fucking shits so much /fit/, I can't even tell you

They're probably the main reason I ever get halitosis despite scrupulous brushing, flossing, using mouthwash even chewing fucking Peppermint chewing gum

Legitimately thinking of getting a tonsillectomy just so I won't get these assholes anymore

How do YOU deal with them /fit/
>>
>>35179687
I gargle daily with warm water and then clear my throat really hard.
>>
>>35179687
gargle with hot water
>>
>>35179687

For some reason it is really fucking satisfying to get these fuckers out of your mouth and smelling them. Anyone else with this weird fetisch?
>>
>>35179715
they fucking stink i hate it ... but i smell them everytime lol
>>
>>35179687
>>35179715
>>35179721

I never had them and if you have cluster of calcified tonsillitis calculi in your mouth you're a fucking weirdo.
>>
>>35179721

Yeah they smell absolutely horrible, but for some reason I get super satisfied when doing it. Just suspending them upon my finger is.. is... just great. I do not know why.
>>
>>35179715
Yes this is my fetish. I actually enjoy having them from time to time. Protein shake+beer+cigs really get them growing
>>
>>35179733

I wish I had them more often. I'll save them from now on and put them in a plastic bag, and one day I'll make a huge ball out of them and throw them at an enemy. Or just convince a crossfitfag that its a new supergood grip-substance.
>>
I fucking hate them as well and I've found no way to deal with them

I've honestly been tempted to get my tonsils removed because I always have these little shits. my breath constantly smells like ass because of these things and it's infuriating

a large one just came out the other day, and I've started doing a warm salt water gargle every night. I've never stuck with doing that long term, so we'll see if it actually helps
>>
>>35179687
I have never even heard of these before.
>>
I was just researching why my right tonsil hurts.

I recently started taking protein powder and metamucil..

my right tonsil has been hurting (stinging sensation when swallowing) for the past few weeks.

any ideas?
>>
>>35179790
you're dying

find a hole
>>
>>35179797
aha why would i find a hole? if im dead what would i care where my body is? ill never know anyway
>>
>>35179790
I get a slight pain while swallowing when a tonsil stone is about to pop out

if you go into the bathroom and shine a light into your mouth you should probably be able to see one sticking half way out of your right tonsil. you'll have to contort your tongue and throat a bit

if not, then I don't know man. I never get pain unless the tonsil stone is visible. also it's not much pain, it's more of an annoyance
>>
>>35179900
nah i didn't see anything

but i had mono and strep throat 2 months ago so I'm not sure what's going on in there anymore...
>>
Watch what you eat. I get em a lot when I eat creamy things like peanut butter, or anything that coats the inside of my mouth. In fact I get em with peanuts too, but I started eating apples with the peanuts and the juice keep the food flowing past my tonsils.

Experiment, you'll figure it out. I don't get them anymore.
>>
Do you guys seriously not know how to remove them manually? How do you even go about your lives?
>>
>>35180065
strong gag reflex :(

can't even get near my tonsils without puking
>>
When I first got them as a kid me and my brother used too call them poocoms as they fucking stunk, haven't had them for a while but seem to get them when I eat peanut butter or peanuts
>>
The only solution is tonsillectomy.

Tonsil stones are caused by a PERMANENT 'infection' that will never leave you no matter how many stones you remove, or how much hydrogen peroxide you gargle with.

• The good news: most insurance covers tonsillectomy.

• The better news: any good doctor will also explore your nose and sinuses. If you have a deviated septum or swelled sinuses, these are easy fixes to get while undergoing tonsillectomy,

• The bad news: tonsillectomy as an adult is painful. You will not be able to lift for 3 weeks as well. The pain isn't really that bad if you aren't a pussy, and painkillers will be your friend. If you have a doctor worth his weight, the process will go swimmingly. For example, a good doctor will tell you to start eating immediately to break up the scabs, while a shit-ass doctor will tell you to only eat soft foods like ice cream for a week.

Tonsillectomy is EASY, covered by most insurance, and always worth it for someone with tonsil stones. You can walk into any ear, nose, and throat doctor's office in America and they will approve cutting them out (unless they are a shit doctor who deems it ''unnecessary'', in which case they are uneducated shitbags and your recovery with them will likely be terrible).
>>
l had 1 2 months ago... there away now.. freaked me out desu.. as l never had them before.. l used a straw to ping them off....
>>
>>35180097
are you a doctor or sumtfin?
>>
>>35179715
>>35179721
>>35179733
Fambrehs. I had this shit when I was a kid, never told anyone about it but got really worried when I started choking out stones as large as my thumbnail. I started thinking I was shitting through my mouth. Shit suddenly went away though after a couple of weeks.
>>
>>35179802
It's the courteous thing to do.
>>
File: hd1080.webm (1 MB, 1022x1080) Image search: [Google]
hd1080.webm
1 MB, 1022x1080
>>35179715
Please don't ever post that comment again.
>>
>>35180074
>strong gag reflex
welcome to /fit/ my newfriend
>>
>>35180323
Well meme'd desu.
>>
>>35179687
HHOOOOLLLYYY SSSHHHIIITTT I did not know there was a name for this!!

Thank fuck I'm not the only one. Yeah they're annoying bastards.
>>
>>35179715

I dunno why, but it's the same with me. I also like to look at the white shit from pimples I squeeze out.

I think It's just satysfying to see/smell what a horrible stuff was inside of you. The smell itself isn't satysfying, but the feeling of something gross leaving your body.
>>
>>35179715
>ery tiem
>>
I recently got mine out and I'm not going to lie. It was the single most painful experience of my life, and I am usually pretty good at handling pain. However about 2 weeks have now passed and I am fully recovered. Totally worth it considering all the benefits:

- No more painfull infections
- Rarely get sick at all
- No more stinking breath
- Stopped snoring
- Manlier voice

TLDR: Prepare for pain, but just do it faggot.
>>
>>35179687
>Legitimately thinking of getting a tonsillectomy just so I won't get these assholes anymore
That's what I did. Tonsil stones are actually a sign that your tonsils are failing at their job.
>>
>>35179687
Oh god op. I didn't know that this shit has a name. What are you guys doing to get rid of it ? Annoying as fuck.

/fit/ really surprises me. Never thought I'd see that here.
>>
>>35181519
I can relate to this.
>>
>>35179687

Here's a video of someone removing them:

http://youtu.be/lbH-YYDXQvM
>>
>>35179687
if you mouth-breathe/drool when you sleep, try using a small piece of cloth tape to hold your mouth closed.

I used to get tonsil stones all the time, but once I started forcing nose-breathing, they basically disappeared.
>>
>>35181848
Started taping my mouth last night, shit felt sweet when I woke up cos usually its like the Gobi fucking desert
>>
File: Chin-strap[1].jpg (27 KB, 345x265) Image search: [Google]
Chin-strap[1].jpg
27 KB, 345x265
>>35182169
>>35181848
Well there's these things
>>
>>35179687

I think they are mostly calcium so avoiding shit like dairy might help.

I have them and it sucks.
>>
>>35180323
ayy
>>
>>35181615
How's the pain like? Is it hard to eat?

Can you talk about how it feels because I'm getting this soon due to tonsil stones and constant tonsillitis
>>
>>35181848
The thing that scares me is what if your nose gets congested while you're asleep
>>
>>35181793

Are those tonsil stones or ping pong balls?

Jesus....
>>
>>35179687

My girlfriend suffers from these things hardcore. She got an irrigation syringe from her dentists and blasts them out with water once or twice a week.
>>
>>35180309
whats the story about this, why is he being forced to stay?
>>
>>35181793
Why does he have all those holes in his throat?
>>
guys, I had them for a long time

Got my tonsils removed In feb of last year.

best thing I ever did. My tonsils were like a 200 pound gorilla on my back. I wasn't getting serious infections, but the thought of all that shit weighed on me.

The surgery was painful. Really bad, not gonna lie. But I had meds, and 3 weeks out it was pretty much fine.

If you have tonsil stones, its basically a low level infection in your body all the time. Afterward, i feel much healthier. Better gains too.

Theyre infected. They have to go. Seriously, get a tonsilectomy. Don't go half way. It's some pain, it's serious pain and takes like 2 weeks to recover from. But In the end its worth it I promise.

Here are my stats

170 lb 5'8

OHP 140x5
Bench 200x5
Squat 255x5
Deadlit 300x5 (i know).
>>
>>35182239
this contraception has made me bald faster, especially around the crown, where it stresses the most
>>
>>35183057
wtf is it and what is it used for
>>
I had these all the time and used to just pull them out with little flossers. My mom tried to convince me that milk caused them but I've never seen any evidence pointing to that.
>>
Reach back and pick them out with your tongue. This is also how I clean out the back of my throat and nasal passage
>>
>>35183089
Stops you opening your mouth so you must breathe through your nose. It stops your tongue drying out and allowing bacteria to grow, and therefore bad breath to form.
>>
I used to wake up with them nearly every day, but after I started chugging a glass of water right before i go to sleep, I rarely get them
>>
>>35181848
fuck, I just became conscious of the fact that I breath through my mouth a lot

I'll actively try to not do that, plus I'll do a daily warm salt water gargle and see if that helps
>>
File: 1440193212000.jpg (17 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
1440193212000.jpg
17 KB, 500x378
you dont get tonsil stones unless you become a faggot
>>
>>35182635
He's being detained.
>>
>>35179721
>>35179715
I used to have them regularly when i was in middle school. I coughed one out in the middle of the night and left it on my bedside table the rest of the night. Looked all dry and shriveled int he morning. Was weird as fuck
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.