[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Slow Arm Progress
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Dumbbell-Curl1.jpg (64 KB, 650x400) Image search: [Google]
Dumbbell-Curl1.jpg
64 KB, 650x400
Hey /fit/, non frequent lurker here but I started lifting seriously about 3 months ago. Feeling good about it but I'm beginning to feel like a lot of my lifts are limited by my arms. I'd say my arms are definitely my smallest muscles and sometimes it feels like due to their smaller size I am unable to lift weight I could otherwise handle (mostly chest excercies eg. bench/dumbbell press). It is incredibly frustrating and I'm wondering if anyone has any tips or anything of the sort to help me out with my arms. I'm currently curling 35 lbs, about a 10 or 15 lb increase from where I started. My friend who I started lifting with has gone from about 30lbs to being able to rep 55's about 2 or 3 times in the same amount of time. He also has pre-workout, protein shakes and creatine so I'm thinking it's time to get me some of that as well. Any help would be appreciated, let me know any more info that is helpful.
>>
Mechano Growth Factor.

Track weights and increase weight and/or reps each time.

Eat more.
>>
>>35178734
Could you shed some light on MGF please? I'm looking it up but most of the stuff I'm finding only makes half-sense to me. Either way thanks for the recommendation.
>>
>>35178747
Oh god I wasn't being serious.

You need a doctor to give it to you, man.
>>
>>35178749
Oh okay that makes more sense then lol.
>>
>>35178703
Thats probably not your biceps but your forearms.
Hit them at least 2-3 times a week with BB holds after eash deadlift set, farmer's walk, chip-up bar hangs and wrist roller.
>>
The tricep is a way bigger muscle so if you want huge arms focus on that more than the bicep.

The fact your friends already on those supps tells me he has an edge of some sort. I dont think you guys started at the same level and at the same time.

Anyway i gotta go to sleep but dont rush yourself. Take it slow and easy. Watch, 3 years from now youre still gonna be curling 35s(youll go up then get smarter and drop it a bit or something like that).

Keep on lifting and push yourself intelligently. Btw creatine is a dope supplement. Steal your friends.
>>
Are you eating enough protein and getting enough rest? Are you actually pushing yourself instead of just fucking around?
>>
>>35178759
Thanks, definitely going to try this and see how it goes about a month in.

>>35178760
Well he has a larger build than I and is 4 years older so he did have a size advantage, but we started lifting seriously together.

>>35178764
I've been trying to eat and rest a lot more than before since I've always barely done both. I'm still not sure that I'm getting enough protein/good diet in general. Most of the days I push myself but some rare days like today feel off and I probably stop when I could've done one more rep or gone higher weight. I'm looking for ways to increase my food intake, specially before lifting since too often I feel like I'm losing gains because I'm lacking energy.
>>
>>35178790
you might want to try supplements then. Preworkout gives you a crazy boost in energy and postwork out is 24-27 grams of easy protein you can drink in a second.
>>
>>35178813
Preworkout and postworkout it will be then, thanks a ton man. By the way, any brands you think are good? My friend uses Gold Standard so I've been thinking about buying that. As far as preworkout, no idea.
>>
>>35178851
Preworkouts are a meme. If you want to really use something for the sake of a buzz, then buy caffeine tabs.

I used to use Craze, but then I realized i was building a tolerance quite fast and i was only using it for a good buzz.
>>
>>35178703
Do slow reps until you want to cry.
>>
File: Bte45BbCQAE7pWT.jpg (54 KB, 640x648) Image search: [Google]
Bte45BbCQAE7pWT.jpg
54 KB, 640x648
>>35178703
Heavy dips, hammer curls, half press in power rack, & 20 rep squats
>>
File: hodge0.gif (726 KB, 400x226) Image search: [Google]
hodge0.gif
726 KB, 400x226
>>35179982
>Heavy dips, hammer curls
muh nigga
That dip pump
>>
>>35178790
>Most of the days I push myself but some rare days like today feel off and I probably stop when I could've done one more rep or gone higher weight
sleep more, 8+ hours a night
>>
>>35178703
How to get big arms:
Do your normal routine and finish with
Preacher curl 3x8-12
Rope push down 3x6-8
Reverse curl 3x8-12
3x/wk
Focus on strict slow movements and progressive overload. There you go, big arms.
>>
>>35180187
This has nothing to do with it, tard. I have slept 10 hours and have had days like that. It's just a focus/willpower thing
>>
I haven't done a bicep curl in 20 yrs, my upper are was 16" when I was 16, 18" when I was 18, 20" when I was 20, & 21" by 30, you need to do other shit. Stop curling on the squat rack and just squat, dip, row, tate press, close grip bench your way to thicker arms
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.