[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Martial arts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 454x324) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 454x324
/fit/
What's the best martial art for big people?
>6'8
>270 lb
>Big streght
>>
With that weight and height you can literally break someone with your barehands
>>
Sumo
>>
Do Muay Thai, BJJ or both/MMA. Your reach + the awkwardness of rolling with a giant give you a great advantage. Work on your leg kick defence a lot though.
>>
File: 1421685679816.jpg (550 KB, 1632x1375) Image search: [Google]
1421685679816.jpg
550 KB, 1632x1375
Well im pretty small, ive had a fair share of most martial art styles.
Currently im doing Muay Thai and BJJ no-gi

It honestly depends and what you want to do, what are your interests, I could probably narrow it down for you
Or use this
>>
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 597x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 597x450
>>35177862
The ancient Japanese art of Foryu
>>
>>35177862
that shit becomes counterproductive man. Torso and legs can be crippled easy and from what i have seen tall mofos have a soft chin.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Cr9UHqwqIE
>>
>>35177862
i want to get into judo guys. what kinda stuff should i expect?
>>
>>35177862
>boxing for fighting upright
>wrestling for take downs (should only be used in 1v1 fights, you never want to be on the ground against more than one person)
>bjj for submissions on the ground
>>
>>35177931
It's not a soft chin it's just at such a perfect punching height to get all of the legs in there.
>>
>>35177862
>270 lbs
planet-like agility
>m'geodesics
>>
>>35177862

6'1, 230 boxer here. Although boxing isn't considered a martial art, I would suggest you try out some different fighting styles and find the one you enjoy best.

If you go through life asking other people what's best for you, you're going to be a sad cunt.
>>
Boxing
Wrestling
Do football agility drills and lots of calisthenics and low level gymnastics shit to build strength agility and endurance.

There, you can now hold your own against 99% of everyone you'll ever meet on the street and in most martial arts circles.
>>
Since you're so fucking tall you'd be really good at clinching in Muay Thai
>>
>>35177862
Just go along and try a few styles and see what feels good for you.

I did Muai Thai for years and it was great fun in the super-heavyweight division. Had two punks try and mug me each holding a knife one night on the way home, and it scared the poop out of me, so I searched for a style that incorporated weapon defence.

Settled on a style of kung fu that had insane levels of fitness, weapon defense and you could choose to either hit hard or use finesse, both were acceptable forms of the same style.

I can also tell you that I've used these skills a total of 0 times in 10 years as a bouncer, save for defending against the odd broken bottle being swung at me.

Why do you want to learn such things?
>>
>>35177950
being thrown around a lot and having bruised ribs every night
>>
>>35178232
10/10 fights I've seen a good boxer would always win.

Most drunks tend to throw haymakers anyway.

Never seen a 1v1 fight since 1990. The minute a fight goes to the ground you will get curb stomped by his mates. Always end it upright as quick as possible.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.