[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Barbell Rows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: barbell-row[1].jpg (41 KB, 400x257) Image search: [Google]
barbell-row[1].jpg
41 KB, 400x257
Do you guys prefer overhand or underhand barbell rows?
>>
>>35177571
both to be honest family member
>>
>>35177571
Overhand Pendley rows are great.

Also are Yates rows any good
>>
Weighted pullups
>>
>>35177571
DB rows family
>>
>>35177989
This desu parivar
>>
>>35177571
I read somewhere that underhand rows make you more prone to biceps tear [citation needed]. Also, they are easier to do because they use more muscles.
>>
>>35178012

yeah a little
doesn't happen that often though, just do overhand if you've already done something biceps intensive or you're on roids
>>
>>35177575
To be perfectly honest
>>
File: distortion george carlin.webm (872 KB, 236x180) Image search: [Google]
distortion george carlin.webm
872 KB, 236x180
neither because I don't want to go to snap city.
>>
>>35177571
So you're supposed to start the lift with a rounded lower back?

I always tried to straighten my lower back
>>
>>35178073

supposed to, nah, but it's light weight for Arnie. Golden age bbers used to do them from a deficit to get more lat work in IIRC. If you're new to this, keep your back straight
>>
>>35178073
Keep the back straight, but its Arnold so who knows
>>
>>35177575

Fuck this meme. Why does everyone say this now? This is almost as forced as the Mike Patton threads.
>>
>>35179868
Mike Patton isnt forced he is the king of fit.
>>
>>35177571
Both, get bored of one = switch to other
>>
>>35177571
Bent over or Pendley, pull ups & dumbell should be a staple of your routine with a focus on form.

Rotate Yates row, t bar row, ( any other row type movement ) and focus on moving lots of weight (cheats)
>>
>>35178073
pendlays, yes. the lats, in addition to shoulder extension, extend your back. theyre not very strong it it but still, it basically adds to the rom.

i dont think thats too safe though
>>
>>35178058
Skinny bitch detected. BB rows are good for getting a thick back.
Also:
>not resting the weight on the floor/raised platform between reps to ensure unnecessary strain on the lower back
>ISHYGDDT
>>
>>35179868
>Being this new
>>
I think all rows have a place. Over/under/neutral/DB/cable whatever. Just think of it as a stretch to mobilize your shoulder girdle.

I love doing rows from the floor overhand though.
>>
Who else is /inverserow/ here?
>>
>>35179868
Yeah, I think its pretty shit too. But what can you do
>>
>>35179868
Tbqh senpai baka
>>
>>35180196
Inverse master race
>>
>>35180196
thats much too easy and i dont think a backpack is a good way of adding weight to it and I don't know what else would be.
Resistance bands around your shoulders fixed to the ground?
>>
>>35180196
This is what you do when you cant do pullups yet. Thanks for reminding me, i cant do shit after my injury.. maybe thisll help
>>
>>35179868
It's one of the first actually chill /fit/ memes. People just do it casually, we're not forcing it on you desu senpai.
>>
File: 1449371342335.jpg (53 KB, 500x344) Image search: [Google]
1449371342335.jpg
53 KB, 500x344
>>35180196
They where fucking up my elbow joints, they were good practice before I could do a pullup though.
just be careful not to fully extend your elbows.
>>
>>35180257
Elevate your feet and use a belt to steal a plate to your stomach.

Also you can work towards doing these with one arm/one leg. But fuck that. You have to do everything twice.
>>
>>35179960
This.
I would say focus mainly on slow, controlled form with heavy weight on DB (I prefer cable) rows, getting a good stretch by twisting your torso on the bottom of the eccentric, and really retracting and depressing the scapula and holding on the concentric. Heavy is relative, I can do 60lbs slow and controlled for sets of 8-12 on the unilateral row machine at my gym, but someone else might be able to do 100lbs Or 30lbs, as long as the form is right it doesn't matter. For strength I would say focus on weighted pull ups or chins, and Kroc rows. A good heavy set of shrugs never hurts either.
>>
>>35177571
whenever I do barbell rows I get pa's coming up to me and saying that rounding my back is dangerous. How the fuck do you do this without rounding your back?
>>
>>35180301
>being this immobile
>>
>>35180369
I think its just how my joints are.
when my forearm is fully straightened my forearms flare out past my joint.
>>
>>35180392
It is a mobility issue. Use rings or TRX straps and you will find it's no longer a problem.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.