[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you guys stay motivated?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 13
Recently my schedule has changed, I get up at 8 am and get back home at 8 pm, making it a real pain to go to the gym. I've been skipping it lately.
>>
Go to a 24 hour gym
Work out after work
Do it because you enjoy it; find a new hobby if that's not reason enough.
>>
You're going to have to change your routine up a bit to compensate for either lack of going to the gym or lack of frequency. By doing a full body workout or something split up into less days, and then spending more time in the daya that you ARE able to train, you should be fine.
>>
>>35172291
Attainable naturally?
>>
I actually ENJOY lifting and look forward to it every day.
>>
>>35172370
Only one way to find out
>>
>>35172321
That's probably it, I have a 5-6 day routine. Anyone know a good 3-4 day routine?
>>
I have defined goals and will achieve them.

I'm young and won't have a second chance.

It's not because I want, it's because I have to. Yesterday and today I did 2 workouts as I had missed them.
>>
>>35172378
I actually like lifting, the hardest part is moving my ass to the gym, cuz I don't have any energy when I get home.
>>
>>35172291

How? I love lifting weights. And I love training.
>>
File: Albos adjusted routine.png (579 KB, 764x1332) Image search: [Google]
Albos adjusted routine.png
579 KB, 764x1332
>>35172431
The old tripfags had some solid ones
>>
>>35172383

Is >>35172291 attainable natty?
>>
>>35172463
Probably, its a pro pic tho, with some sick light angles n shit, which makes it look better.
>>
>>35172463
Hard to say cause he has a pump + professional lighting + photoshop + he did the water/carbs shit these dudes do before photo shoots to look even better.
>>
Motivation will only take you halfway
you need discipline to take you all the way

Discipline is pushing yourself out of your comfort zone
>>
>>35172291
It's all mental.
You can try doing other kinds of workout, like swimming, running.
>>
>>35172370

Absolutely not
>>
File: JmZ3Ris.gif (1 MB, 256x249) Image search: [Google]
JmZ3Ris.gif
1 MB, 256x249
>>35172383

I like your attitude anon
>>
>>35172291
>how do you guys stay motivated??

I hate myself.
>>
>wake up at 6:30AM
>at work by 8AM
>home at 4:20PM
>evening school thing at 6PM
>home at 9:30PM
>get to gym at 10PM
>home at 12PM
>head to sleep
>repeat

Good night, /fit/
>>
I use habit rpg

I get really sad when i don't complete my dailies in it.
>>
File: Luka.png (434 KB, 894x893) Image search: [Google]
Luka.png
434 KB, 894x893
I lift for my waifu.

I don't give a fuck.
>>
It doesn't matter if I'm motivated or not, it's just a thing I do now.
>>
>>35174104
>6.5 hours sleep
might as well just flush your gains down the toilet
>>
>>35174104
How are you at the gym from 10PM-12PM but wake up at 6:30AM, and work by 8AM
>>
You get up at 8AM?fucking pussy...
>>
Honestly I don't know what keeps me motivated. I've kind of just kept a steady routine the past 4 months and I feel like shit when I break it.
>>
File: 1295209559923.jpg (45 KB, 427x600) Image search: [Google]
1295209559923.jpg
45 KB, 427x600
>>35174265
That's a good waifu, anon. Here's mine.
>>
>>35174324
Dedication, discipline, and knowing what you want in life

These are what make a great person.
>>
>>35172291
i think, i could be someone like you
or
i could be someone different
>>
>>35172370
yes but people who are in this thread who have trouble staying motivated and arent willing to put in years of proper nutrition and training are going to tell you otherwise
>>
File: 1448892402317.gif (944 KB, 275x428) Image search: [Google]
1448892402317.gif
944 KB, 275x428
Wachting Zyzz Videos.

No Homo.
>>
>>35172370
Dunno with that vascularity, also those delts... Probably some photoshop in there as well. Wouldn't count on it honestly f a m.
>>
>>35172291

because I want to be at my best, and I have a lot of people to prove wrong

fuck being average. do your best.
>>
>>35172291
today i looked at my pecs and noticed that i had lost some fat around them since i last noticed their definition. was very happy since i haven't noticed anything different about my body since i lost 15 lbs
>>
File: tmp_1762-144927288032955595876.gif (445 KB, 375x249) Image search: [Google]
tmp_1762-144927288032955595876.gif
445 KB, 375x249
I browse fat hate threads erryday.
>>
Usually I'll watch a music video and see the women and be like "yeah, I could be with them if I fucking tried" or I'll watch some random video of people doing cool shit and be like "I could be doing that if I fucking tried" and eventually that mentality got into how I generally think. It's like some aggressive form of cognitive behavioural therapy.

It's just ingrained into my thought process and I generally don't attach shit to lifting as it's just a process that needs to take place for me to achieve my goals and I enjoy the environment, the culture, and everything surrounding lifting.

I've never had an issue with motivation.
>>
>>35172291

>started lifting
>life was made better
>life gets harder
>remember all the great things lifting has done for me
>not letting go of the good things

Also, I have a hot gf. Being/becoming more aesthetic is leverage for me.
>>
>>35175050
word tell this to people all the time.

>tfw hot gf
>tfw gains helped me get er (she showed interest prior to knowing me)
>keep hittin the gym for the sake of leverage and bc I enjoy it
>>
>>35172291
>How do you guys stay motivated?
Anime
>>
>>35175390

Oh dude no doubt
>met current gf back in Winter quarter of school
>tfw I was fat as fatass
>we had good chemistry but I didn't have the balls bc worst shape of my life
>fast forward to 3 months ago
>get hold of her via instagram
>she's posting all her gains
>fitspo shit everywhere
>we joke about how she had to shut down her old instagram because of all the perverted DMs she got
>she mires my progress
>invite her out for drinks and a bite to eat
>both of us laughed so much our faces hurt
>she doesn't need that constantly texting constant contact all my ex's lost their fucking minds over
>simple supportive relationship we give each other plenty of space to live our shit

I couldn't be this confident if I were a fat piece of shit. I'm sure I would be jealous, insecure and beta as fuck.

And as I continue in making progress, the scale will tip more and more in my favor so far as the power dynamic of the relationship will work.

Fuck giving that up for what? more time to play video games? Nope.

My other hobby is latin dance and honestly, that's just another reason to be in the gym busting my ass. The only way you're getting girls to dance with you is you're either a phenomenal dancer or you're a good looking dude. I've got a beard and some muscles which goes a long way in getting dances, which will go a long way in dancing with more experienced followers which will go even further in making me a better dancer.

I genuinely have no reason to not be hitting the gym every day and while I'm not always 100% pumped to be there, I'm there nonetheless.
>>
File: toolate.jpg (65 KB, 1035x1035) Image search: [Google]
toolate.jpg
65 KB, 1035x1035
>>35172291
The world is ending for starters
>>
>>35172291
snort ritalin
>>
File: frank zane.jpg (30 KB, 254x375) Image search: [Google]
frank zane.jpg
30 KB, 254x375
>>35172291
fat hate threads and pictures of zyzz and remembering the last few mires i got from bitches that are now not even in my league anymore so i just ignore them while they eyefuck me.
>>
>>35178332

ritalin makes you motivated? lol.
>>
>>35178416
yep motivated and focused for my lift
>>
I read comic books. All the men in those things are effortlessly ripped and I feel like a fat, worthless POS in comparison so Zi have to continue to lift.
>>
>>35172612
Great post, saved
>>
>>35172370
pretty easy for 1 year plus a few months and shittons of downward lighting
>>
>>35172291
I was motivated for a month. When i was unmotivated i told myself, if i stop now, i'll never get back up. Got through that stage and now its just a part of me..
>>
>>35172431
Starting Strength, you c/uck
>>
>>35172370
that amount of mass, yes.
that level of body fat, yes.
both together, probably not.
>>
>>35172460
and he got like that with this shitty routine?
>>
>>35172291
If I ever stop I'm either injured, dead, or a faggot. And I'm in no mood to have my asshole fucked by a big nigger dick. Do you like big nigger dick faggot?
>>
>>35172291
I look in the mirror.
>>
How do you guys come up with excuses to miss the gym?
I seriously start feeling like shit when I skip it.
I had to skip the gym for a week because of an injury and I swear I almost went crazy.
>>
>>35172378
this
actually lifting lightens my mood a lot, so I get to be more easy going, sociable etc

gains come 2nd place
>>
>>35172460
>>35182649
No.
OCB has stated himself that he never ran that routine. He said it looked good though.

Also helps that he was roiding.
>>
>>35172291
I can't stop wanting to fuck every hot girl I see. Lifting helps me achieve these goals. =]
>>
>>35172291
I just feel like working out. Its not a chore.
>>
>>35185876
nigga even when i have injuries i still went to the gym and just did forearms and cardio and foam rolling
>>
File: 10).jpg (67 KB, 638x479) Image search: [Google]
10).jpg
67 KB, 638x479
What keeps me motivated? At first it was hate aimed towards the drunk, ugly girl that called me skinny and useless. Then it was resentment towards myself and my life choices. Then it was lust over a girl I thought I could make mine. Then it was narcissism over myself and my image.

And then one day, it was clarity. Lifting gives me a representation of self that no can or would give to me. That's why I do it. It's so powerful to have clarity. You can't be stressed, depressed, irritated, bothered, or just plain miserable over the things you have clarity. It's not me vs him, or me vs the world. It's me vs me. And it's a battle I come ten steps closer to winning every single time I step into the gym. That's why I lift.
>>
File: 1449607258876.jpg (116 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1449607258876.jpg
116 KB, 400x400
>>35172291
I touch my cheeks and ask myself: "Do you want them to get bigger, or keep getting smaller like they have been?"

Also ask:
>do you want to look like shit when you meet with the ex you still love in January?
>do you want to feel like a lazy shit?
>do you want to sit on your ass all day like former autist roommate you hated?
>do you want to only fuck girls you are ashamed to say you have fucked?
>do you want to not feel awesome at the beach in 6-7 months?
>why would you get your heart condition fixed if you aren't going to be active?
>why not be the handsomest of your friend group?
>why not just feel better in general?
>>
>>35172291
It's NOT about motivation. It's about setting GOALS and having the DISCIPLINE to achieve them.

STEP 1: Start by setting goals. Make them quantifiable and achievable. e.g. "I'm going to lose 10kg in 4 weeks". Or "In 2 weeks my bench press will be 5kg stronger".

Step 2: JUST DO IT. Don't let your dreams be dreams.
>>
File: dogsmirk.jpg (150 KB, 852x1041) Image search: [Google]
dogsmirk.jpg
150 KB, 852x1041
if you think about it, losing motivation is just a failure at making solid predictions about your progress

if before you started, you knew that you'd get to some point where you give up because you're "unmotivated" why even try in the first place?

motivation and data collection are bros -- the problem is /fit/ is full of D-students who:
>estat their SAT scores
>participate in /nofap/
>subscribe to /keto/
>whine about protein flavors
>think 5x5 is enough volume
>eat like shit

if you wanna stay motivated:
>keep track of your shit
>set realistic goals
>achieve them
>repeat
>>
File: designated.png (2 MB, 1686x870) Image search: [Google]
designated.png
2 MB, 1686x870
>>35172291
>motivation
when you look down while shitting, what do you see?

toilet water

>or

road
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.