[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Programme general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
File: FB_IMG_1448712108996.jpg (69 KB, 749x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1448712108996.jpg
69 KB, 749x960
Let's have a programme general.
>What programme are you following?
>For what purpose? (Strength/Aesthetics)
>How are you liking the programme thus far? (Pro's/con's)
>>
wanna get on Candito's 6 week program. Anyone have any experience with it?

Currently cutting doing a 3 day LUL strength program and run every other day.
>>
>What programme are you following?
Coolcicada's PPL routine

Aesthetics

>How are you liking the programme thus far?
It's ok.
>>
>>35158359
Are you making strength gains?
>>
>>35158326
>>What programme are you following?
Boris sheikos under 80kg intermediate plan, with a couple adjustments

>>For what purpose? (Strength/Aesthetics)
Primarily strength and have gotten some aesthetics via weight gain (78kg to 82kg over 5 months still 14% bf)

>>How are you liking the programme thus far? (Pro's/con's)
I love it, great strength gains and it's enjoyable, bUT it has some hard as duck sessions
>>
File: 1721.jpg (178 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1721.jpg
178 KB, 1280x720
i want to switch to ppl but i only have barbell and dumbbells,what exercises would you recommend?
>>
>>35158341

hey anon, I'm running it right now

it's a good routine...made solid gains on it, but the volume the first two weeks is hard as fuck to get used to at first
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 640x579) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 640x579
Running my version of Gregs mega training thing, i like doing legs on back days and having half of the day being strength and the other being hypertrophic.

I might switch to PHUL OR PHIR
>>
File: 1448992870354.gif (27 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1448992870354.gif
27 KB, 200x200
>>35158326
>5/3/1 Boring But Big variant
>Strength
So far it's great. My lifts have been improving each cycle. The only thing that sucks is OHP day
>you don't know pain unless you've done 5x10 OHP with 1 min breaks at 60% of your training max
>>
>my own modified version of SL
>strength
>it's good so far. Reached 1/2/3/4 within 4 months on it (before did a shit brosplit with no knowledge on training). Thinking about either following Texas method or Candito's program next
>>
>>35160684
5x10 ohp with 60 seconds rest? That's cute

>>35158326
>What program
Cube kingpin /cube boss

>For what reason?
Strength in powerlifting, improved performance in strongman

>How am I liking it?
It's brutal. It's painful. It works so far That said I wouldn't recomend it over inverted juggernaut simply because I havnt been on this program for that long
>>
>>35158326
>not craving to drink delicious semen to boost estrogen for that perfect trap physique

Next you gonna tell me you actually like women
pff
>>
I just started ICF. I was doing SL 5x5 with accessories anyway, but I found something that formalized what I was doing.
aesthetics
>How are you liking the programme thus far? (Pro's/con's)
no complaints. DYEL tho, think I'll follow this for 6 months+ and see how I feel after.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-10-01-17-04-31.png (151 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-10-01-17-04-31.png
151 KB, 1280x720
Self made PPLPPLx. Mixing bodyweight training and weights

Yes its going good. Had setbacks b/c no parallel bars so learning ring dips

Gonna start cutting next week tho

Rate N hate
>>
>>35161390
>3rd world squat
kek
>>
>>35158341
Done it before, just started it last week again. Other anon is right, the volume is crazy the first two weeks and the lower body days in week 2 are soul crushing but the gains are worth it. First time I ran it I believe I added 20 lbs to both my squat and deadlift, 10 lbs to bench.

Plus its just a fun routine because it always changes. Keeps things fresh and avoids the grind I felt doing more linear routines
>>
On greyskull lp

For strength

Been on it only for a month but I'm really liking it. The fact that he encourages cardio and chin ups and push ups on rest days is a huge deal for me. I always want to keep moving and I hated not being able to do anything on rest days for fear of "overtraining". Would highly recommend
>>
What are some good accessories to make ss more aesthetic?
>>
>>35162258
reading the bookx10
good form x 10
>>
>>35158705
All deadlift and squat variations
Good mornings
Glute thrusts+ bridges
Split squats
You can still do legs effectively, might just be a little bit lower back intensive
>>
>>35158341
The week 2 volumes on squat is brutal as fuck, give it respect and it will give you gains, i would deff add an accessory or two per session but im just in love with them curls and shrugs.
>>
A:
Deadlift 1x5
Leg work 5x10
Leg work 5x10
Abs/calves

B:
Bench 3x5
Shoulder work 5x10
Shoulder work 5x10
Bis/tris

C:
Squats 3x5
Back work 5x10
Back work 5x10
Abs/calves

D:
Ohp 3x5
Chest work 5x10
Chest work 5x10
Bis/tris

Liking it so far, get to keep increasing the big compounds once a week when doing them 1-3 times a week on SS got to be too much. Get to do some hypertrophy work after the big compounds which has already begun to show results. Hitting neglected body parts and finishing off each session with cardio. 5/5 bretty good
>>
>>35162552
Done ABxCDxx
Each body part gets hit twice a week
>>
>>35162308
So i will actually look good if i just do the standard program with good form? People dont generally seem to think that here
>>
SS + GOMAD

need I say more
>>
>>35158326
Arms and Shoulders
Back
Legs and cardio

Just fucking around,sleep,diet and time under tension are more important that the actual routine.
>>
A.
5x5 back high squat
5x5 Chinups/pullups
5x5 bench press
5x5 dumbbell chest press
2x10 shrugs
2x10 wrist work
2x15-20 calf work

B.
5x5 Front squat
5x5 bent over rows
5x5 OHP
5x5 deadlift
2x10 wrist work (wrist curls, reverse curls)
2x15-20 calf work

AxBxAxx
BxAxBxx
>>
>>35162956
your perception of the "standard program" and what the book tells you to do can be very different. SS with dips and chinups should do a decent job at first and shouldn't make you imbalanced unless you run it for a very long time. Adding in curls, rear delt work, and lateral raises wouldn't hurt. Programs like GreySkull LP are supposed to be slightly more "aesthetics" based >>35162233
>>
File: 1437618755058.jpg (545 KB, 1339x1785) Image search: [Google]
1437618755058.jpg
545 KB, 1339x1785
>Program
Inverted Juggernaut
>Strength/Aesthetics
Strength + some Aesthetics
>How do you like it
Its ok - I am only able to go 3 times a week and have 4 days so I feel like I'm not pushing myself hard enough. I changed from 5/3/1 BBB to it after posting in a routine thread but I think 5/3/1 BBB is essentially a better version because of the heavy sets, but I'm still on the first "cycle" of the program.

Can't wait till the summer so I can try PHAT or do it on a 4 day split.
>>
>>35163173
Ok i will buy the book. I spend enough time with this that its probably silly of me to not have
>>
>>35163672
Just download it - there should be a link to a pdf on the archives
>>
>>35163712
thanks mang
>>
squat and bench everyday. dl when i feel like it.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.