[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
boxing and gains
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
will boxing 3/hr per week interfere with gains?
I work out 4x per week, and want to box on the off days.
Because I like the feeling, and it's a good workout.
>>
File: iLqSIAq.png (551 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
iLqSIAq.png
551 KB, 500x600
>>35149039
Do you enjoy doing it? Then do it, if you want to just focus on getting "bigger," then don't do it. It's as simple as that, why do you need to make a thread about this? I'd rather partake in an activity I enjoy than obsess about a couple of pounds, lighten up brah
>>
>>35149039
Boxing is cardio, so yes, you will be visited by the gains goblin.
>>
>>35149039
>3/hr per week
nah son, thats not a lot of cardio
i did 5/hr per week and still got some gains
>>
it depends how seriously you take it. if you do it for just cardio, you should be fine. but if you want to make fighting weight for a given height, it will interfere.
>>
>>35149039
Gonna snap your hands up with those shitty gloves, hope you're at least wrapping. You're also doing HIIT, because I can guarantee you aren't doing 1hr straight sessions on bags.
>>
Depends what your definition of boxing is. Hitting the bag on your own doesn't count as boxing.
>>
To get better at boxing trainers usually prohibit lifting because it makes your punches slower.
>>
>>35150671
this is probably one of the stupidest things i've ever read in my entire life, and i've read some dumb shit
>>
>>35149039
One would usually interfere with the other for me, I ended up prioritizing boxing
>>
>>35150671
That's because boxing is still infested with coachlore and training methodology hasn't really adapted too much due to the sport falling to the background.
>don't fuck yer bitch before a fight

Olympic weightlifting is used to train speed and power in numerous sports.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.