[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Someone told me that planks and sit-ups are useless Then how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 369x176) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 369x176
Someone told me that planks and sit-ups are useless

Then how am I supposed to work my abs?
>>
Well I'm telling you that planks and situps are useful.

NOW WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ANON.
>>
Planks and sit ups
>>
Planks and sit ups are GOAT assistance
>>
You have been trolled nigger
>>
Planks, and stomach vacuums. Who told you planks were useless? I'll take care of them for you.
>>
>>35148288
zercher squats and weighted push-ups
>>
cable crunches
abs are like any other muscle, you need to increase that weight.
>>
>>35148288
Decline situps

maybe take a 5kg disc and hold it over your head while doing that
>>
>>35148288
Standing cable crunches and dragonflags are pretty good
>>
Sit ups make me feel a nice burn on those abs.

Whats your opinion guys on pic related ?
>>
>>35148914
>muh progressive overload
>Only weighted exercises will strengthen muscle

Not everyone wants to look like Arnie or Coleman.

>>35149818
Isn't that a back extension machine?
>>
>>35149848
Please go away and stay away
>>
>>35149012
About decline sit-ups, are they dangerous for spine?
I'm doing them with 1pl8.
>>
>>35149862
If it feels uncomfortable use a kettle bell, hold it on your chest up under your chin and crunch away. Works wonders.
>>
>>35149848
>Not everyone wants to look like Arnie or Coleman.

kek, you wouldn't even be able to get to half their level, even if you tried.
>>
>>35149908
It doesn't, feels okay.
Thing is, for some reason, besides first workout I didn't really feel it that much. I got DOMS after first workout, but I barely felt some challenge, like you feel on other exercises.
I did 5x10 easily with 1pl8 last workout. Should I increase weight, or that's normal?
>>
>>35149985
Always aim for an increase in weight if bigger strength and mass is your goal. Just make sure you don't hurt yourself by pushing more than you can handle.
>>
>>35148299
Fucking this, OP. What do you even do when you find two contrasting opinions?
Do you just pass out and stay in a stupid induced comma until you forget?
>>
>>35149818
Never seen one until I came to this thread, did a Google reverse image search to find out what it is actually called

Then I watched a youtube video about the ab coaster, and it looks good I guess, it seems like lots of people have problems straining their neck when they do abs

But I wonder, what is the difference between the ROM that can give you, compared to hanging leg raises?
I guess if you cannot physically hang for long enough maybe...
>>
File: 12431214141341.jpg (176 KB, 1280x600) Image search: [Google]
12431214141341.jpg
176 KB, 1280x600
>>35150158
What about this one ?

You know man, im not yet able to do hanging leg raises
>>
>>35150237
Never seen that machine before, home gym custard mace here

I can't quite do full hanging leg raises where I raise my toes to my fingers
I do it where I just raise my knees to my chest, I can only do a few in a set, but it seems alright
It seems to be the same as the ab coaster, but I guess the ab coaster makes it easier to whack the obliques and makes it also easier to do more reps
>>
>>35148288
>someone told me x is useless
Translate to
>I am too dumb/weak to do x, do I have to do it?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.