[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fit winter clothing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 16
I want to buy a new jacket tomorow. What typ of jacket shows my gains the most?

I was thinking about a nice leather jacket
>>
Looks fucking gay.
>>
File: IMG-20151127-WA0005.jpg (151 KB, 750x1061) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20151127-WA0005.jpg
151 KB, 750x1061
Bump for interest
>>
>>35140885
No, it doesnt. But i'm looking for a leather jacket anyways. Ill probably buy something like pic related. I have nice wide shoulders, big back + traps that hopefully look nice then
>>
I swer to god /fit/ has the shittiest fashion sense of all time for fuck sakes browse /fa/ sure you might say they have the most questionable fashion but its like /fit/ first time you see it you thought it was a homo board based on all the naked men you see but if you lurk hard enough on /fa/ you will at least know how to dress better and get a good fashion taste
>>
>>35140955
Looks fucking gay.
>>
>>35140955
Dude no, you're not a biker from the 80s. This is 2015. Just browse /fa/ since I have no idea what you actually look like and what would be good on you. Also, if you have a wide and short torso, wearing something cut at the waist would not be the best idea if it's tight fitting, as an example. It would make your torso look shorter and even wider. Just browse /fa/ and lrn2dress
>>
>>35141390
>This is 2015.
>>
File: m40heertunic.jpg (34 KB, 568x867) Image search: [Google]
m40heertunic.jpg
34 KB, 568x867
>>35140821
WWII German jacket without the patches
>>
>>35141245
>>35141390
>browse /fa/

yeah I sure want to wear supertight trousers, glossy black 500 shoes with a massive toebox and a loose as fuck knitted jumper to hide my skinnyfat body

fuck effay
>>
>>35141390
>current year meme
>browse /fa/
>>>/trash/
>>
>>35141456
requesting /fa/ jacket mannequin picture

you know the one
>>
>>35141531
I don't know the one, actually.
>>
Buy a fucking vest
>>
File: Yeststylething.jpg (3 MB, 1800x5000) Image search: [Google]
Yeststylething.jpg
3 MB, 1800x5000
>>35141540
>>
File: etq.jpg (41 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
etq.jpg
41 KB, 800x800
>>35140821
>>
>>35141245
>/fa/
>fashionable
>>
>>35141390
But /fa/ is fucking terrible, and has literally no idea what looks good. They're trying to break accepted streetware rules, which can work if you're a designer or someone, but they actually have no idea what the rules even are.

Leather jackets can look good, but you have to be sure you buy a really good quality one, and don't wear it too often. Generally relying on bomber jackets or a longer style coat (not a fucking leather trench coat, and if you're dressing casual, go with light greys, not black) will look better for day to day clothes.

Leather can be good though.

But seriously, /fa/ is fucking terrible, don't trust anything they say on fashion matters, do your own research and figure out what looks good on YOU. Because what looks good on a model or a mannequin might not on you. It's why you should always try something on before you buy it.

Also, I know it's
>Reddit
But their male fashion advice board has some really good links along the side, I've never really used the board itself, but those links are really great advice for anyone starting out.
>>
>>35141965
To add to this guys advice dress to your personality and own self.
Don't dress like a businessman if you're a college student and such.
That's why dressing like a classy gentleman is retarded, an older man might be able to pull it off because it suits them, it doesn't suit a teenager.

Also don't ever listen to /fa/ but lurking there and just looking at people's clothing isn't a bad idea.
Don't try to make yourself think they look good, just learn what styles and color palettes YOU like and go out and buy some shit.
>>
>>35140821

Just dress like drake in hotline bling. Change the colours a little so you dont look like you literally copied him

that's what I did. Looks pretty good. the end
>>
>>35141597
>>35141531
The reason the fit looks bad on most people and good on the mannequin is because when they model the jacket on the mannequin, they pin the back or even sides as well: making it look fitted. But because bodies are different and most people are at least a little overweight, the actual cut of the jacket tends to be fairly shapeless...except quite expensive clothing.

Best thing to do is go to a tailor, so you can look /fa/ too. That isn't super cheap either though.
>>
>>35142030
Taylor is superior, I have been to one always.
Perks of rich family.
>>
>>35142030
This. Any clothing you see being modeled, whether on an actual model or a mannequin, it's been fitted to that particular shape. To get something to look that good on you, unless you get extremely lucky and find clothing that fits you naturally, you have to get it tailored. It's not too expensive to get a few main pieces tailored either, you don't need everything done, just things you know you wear a lot.
>>
>>35142133
Lucky fucker, lol.

>>35142201
I need my jacket done, and probably a couple of my flannels. It's fucking obnoxious to be a medium, buy medium button-up shirts or jackets, then have it fit the shoulders perfectly but be able to fit another me in the gut area of the shirt/jacket...it makes me look like shit, when I'm a guy that doesn't naturally look like shit.

I fucking swear, fat people have ruined everything, and now clothing is made with them in mind, so now it makes people who aren't fatasses look shapeless and dumb.
>>
>>35140821
>Leather jacket
Be careful it is VERY VERY easy to look like a faggot with a leather jacket
>>
>>35142335
Probably best to go basic with leather. You don't want to end up looking like a biker or some stupid poser.
>>
>>35142286
Yeah, I wear large usually, and I have the exact same problem, t-shirts are tight around my upper torso, but then baggy around my stomach, or are way too long, and any button up shirts just hang out way to the sides of my waist, it's annoying as hell.

It pretty much does seem that clothes are made for fatasses, and it's hard to find clothing that doesn't look obnoxious that isn't designed for them.

>>35142335
This is very true. Don't try to wear anything fancy with a leather jacket, because the jacket itself is a statement piece, it's going to be the center of your outfit.

>>35140955
This sort of thing looks fine though, just keep basic contrast, and make sure everything else is simple.
>>
>>35141529
i least i dont dress like my mom buys my clothes
>>
File: 123445-800x800.jpg (117 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
123445-800x800.jpg
117 KB, 800x800
There is no other answer
>>
>>35142499
>hard to find clothing that doesn't look obnoxious that isn't designed for them.
Exactly. An ex of mine once had me try on clothes from a spendy place when we were window shopping one weekend, and the stuff fit very well, but then and now, I can't afford that shit.

Maybe if we stopped accommodating to fatasses, maybe they'd realize that they're the ones that are wrong and should change. There's no fucking reason a healthy, decently fit guy like myself that wears medium, should need to tailor his shirts or jackets because they're purposely made in fatman proportions.

I could rant all day about that shit.
>>
>>35141597
>asian frames
that's retarded
>>
>>35142581
There are some decent places that tailor more for clothes that will actually look decent on in shape people, but as a general rule, it's really damn hard to find a shirt that isn't tight around my shoulders or upper arms that doesn't also sit on me like I'm wearing a poncho or some shit.

I agree though, we should not cater for lardasses in normal sizes, if they want to be fat, they can either be uncomfortable, or wear clothes specially made for them. We're enabling an actual medical condition with serious health connotations that they could easily prevent by doing that.

>>35142682
Yep, /fa/ has no idea what they're talking about, the reason those clothes look good in the advertisements is that they're either pinned or tailored, nothing to do with what particular ethnic group they're apparently somehow tailored for.
>>
>>35142781
We all know that on /fa/ homie
No-one cares enough to update the info because it gets the point across
>>
>>35142804
Go jerk off over bucket hats or whatever retarded memes you guys actually think looks good, /fa/ggot.

This thread is for advice that won't make him look autistic.
>>
>>35142781
there's somewhat truth to the whole Asian thing though. Their large is a U.'S medium, depending whether a shirt is fitted or something
>>
>>35142781
>We're enabling an actual medical condition with serious health connotations that they could easily prevent by doing that.
Exactly. Being fat used to be pretty uncommon; hell, I looked at my dad's 1980 yearbook for fun, and there were only 1 or 2 fatsos per grade..now 2/3 of Americans are at least overweight. It looks bad, and is fucking terrible for ya: they snore more because the fat in their neck is literally strangling them in their sleep, and the fat constricts the vital organs..absolutely horrible for the body I'm every conceivable way. There was once a time when guys like us could go to any store that sold clothes, pick something in the right size, and it'd probably look great. Fat people had to look stupid wearing oversized clothes, but now we have to.

It's sad, senpai.
>>
>>35142875
Which is why you should never buy before you try. But that's not about it being designed for an asian frame, that's about people buying the wrong size, the reason those clothes look bad is purely because they're designed to look a certain way, and won't if they're not fitted.

>>35142903
Yeah, I really do wish that the whole fat acceptance thing would go away, and admittedly, if you're 5 or 6 and fed way too much by lardass parents, it's hard to know what's a normal eating habit, and I can see that (though you can still lose weight, obviously), but it should be considered child abuse to allow your child to be unhealthily fat, the same as it would to allow your kid to live in a house full of mold, or to allow your kid to eat off food.

I get that clothes aren't going to be designed for fit dudes, but if they were designed for normal, relatively in shape people, buying for fit guys would just be a matter of buying a size up, as it should be. Not having to buy specific brands or lines of clothes, or have clothes tailored.
>>
>>35142994
>fat acceptance thing
It isn't just fat acceptance too: we now have to accept all form of shittyness because now it's wrong for people to feel bad when the fuck up.

I spent Thanksgiving weekend with a female friend of mine, who has complained how heartless her parents are, and how they'd apparently hint that she was fat...I know her well enough to see that she is always fucking eating like every hour, and saw her mom politely ask if she was eating again while I was there. We live in a day where caring for your adult kid's health is wrong.
>>
>>35143069
*when they fuck up
>>
>>35141597
they deserve it for buying that type of clothes, you can they are all autistic and betas
>>
>>35141597
>>35142030
>>35142201

This, but also the fact that the mannequins have quite /fit/ proportions (muscles) whereas the /fa/gs are either 120 lbs or fat as fatass. Of course it ain't gonna look the same, especially like you said when they pin the clothes to make it fit.

This is why I generally refuse to buy shit online. It's a pain in the ass getting something that fits right if you don't have it in front of you. Yes, tailoring is an option but then it's even more of a pain and more money.

My pet peeve is sweaters. Sometimes they stay the exact same size you bought them and sometimes they'll shrink down to kids sizes and there's little way of knowing beforehand.
>>
File: 3buomOL.jpg (626 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
3buomOL.jpg
626 KB, 1000x1500
>>
>>35143267
cvck mode
>>
>>35140821
link for the jacket in op pic?
>>
>>35143314
>jacket
>>
thin bomber jackets

/thread
>>
>>35140896
Savita <3
>>
File: fa2fit.png (998 KB, 977x1396) Image search: [Google]
fa2fit.png
998 KB, 977x1396
just follow the instructions
>>
>>35143351
>here's an infographic written by a retard

There is no difference between the brown shirt in "DO NOT" and all the shirts in "DO".

The "advice" for DO on the bottom right doesn't even make sense.
>>
File: Pea Coat.jpg (176 KB, 733x1200) Image search: [Google]
Pea Coat.jpg
176 KB, 733x1200
One of these, warm as fuck.
>>
have you guys actually browsed /fa/?

I spent a few days this week at the suggestion of someone on /fit/, just like all the people ITT.

/fa/ is legit retarded. I'm not joking. Remember when the Matrix movies were big, and you'd see faggots in full leather shiny trenchcoats and shades doing groceries?

Yeah /fa/ is the 2015 version of that. They're also all either auschwitz mode, hungry skele, or at best DYEL. I can't trust anything they say or post about. At least 2/3 of the posts on /fa/ is some anon wearing the Justin bieber/kanye west skirt pants style shit you see. Except in hungry skeleton body.
>>
>>
>>35143422
It's incredible.
>>
>>35143422
I forgot to add, they hosted a survey of the age demographics of /fa/ and posted it very recently.

Everyone there is between 14-18, with the bulk around 16-17. Keep this in mind when you read anyone anywhere saying anything about /fa/.
>>
File: 1417317036849.jpg (110 KB, 468x844) Image search: [Google]
1417317036849.jpg
110 KB, 468x844
>>35141245

>post picture of self in suit asking about tie clips
>some bitter /fa/ggot shits all over it
f-fine I didn't like them anyway

>>35140821
I have a shawl cardi like this. It's pretty comfy, so however stupid it looks I'm willing to bear it

Being muscular tends to make you look better in simple stuff. Nice shirt, nice pants, some shoes, done. You don't really need to accessorize much so long as everything fits well, so a tailor really helps.
>>
>>35143351
What's wrong with the top left hand don't image?

Guy looks fine to me.
>>
File: 1417924760068.jpg (66 KB, 480x445) Image search: [Google]
1417924760068.jpg
66 KB, 480x445
>>35142577
CYKA BLAT
>>
>>35143441
that doesnt look like a shawl cardi. it looks like a shirt
>>
>>35143069
It is, yeah, somehow it's wrong to say that people are doing something wrong when they obviously are doing something wrong, like being a fatass and pretending you're the hottest shit around.

And I know people like that too, that act like somehow everyone else is at fault for them being shit and that somehow them not wanting them to be shit is also a bad thing, it makes no fucking sense at all.

>>35143251
They do have very /fit/ proportions, beyond what's probably even possible for most in shape males, those mannequins are designed to have a very narrow waist compared to most men.

I do agree though, that part of the reason that those people look so shit in those clothes is that they've got nothing to frame it, so it just looks like a drape. Having more muscle would help, yeah, but there's always a large element of it needs to be the right proportions for you.

And I don't buy online either, ever, you should always try clothes on before you buy them, any shop that sells clothes will have a change room.

>>35143332
Thin bomber jackets aren't going to be much help in winter, but yeah, everyone should own a couple of these. Bomber jackets are a safe bet for most basic outfits, it's hard to go wrong with a bomber jacket, a t shirt and some jeans as long as you have a basic idea of what colours go.

>>35143351
This whole infographic is just "wear clothes that fit", which goes for anyone.
>>
>>35143462
It's probably a little tight so some people will think it's obnoxious, but it looks fine really. Just don't dress like that all the time.
>>
>>35143422
>/fa/ is legit retarded. I'm not joking

A lot of them are legit kids like 14. The rest, yeah, probably are legit retarded.
>>
In winter if it's raining I wear my parka jacket (parka that isn't long) and if it isn't raining, I wear a hoodie under a bomber jacket.
>>
>>35143472
Just find a tailored fit fair isle or commando style sweater.
>>
File: adi gillespie.jpg (95 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
adi gillespie.jpg
95 KB, 1080x1080
>>35143441
I like suits desu, but you really have to nail it with how it fits your body otherwise it's gonna look comical.

>>35143351
this is useless for someone with half a brain.
>>
>>35143467

it isn't, I was just emphasizing that being /fit/ helps you out when you wear simple stuff

>>35143500

yes agreed completely. Fit >>> style in terms of importance IMO
>>
>>35143530
>Fit >>> style

True. Nobody is going to look good in anything if you're underweight as fuck, or really overweight.
>>
>>35143314
Cardigan bro. Just google cardigan sweater with shawl collar. I guess add cable knit if you want.
>>
>>35140885
That's what a look that shows of your gains is: Gay.
>>
>>35141245
Nah. /fa/ thinks it's still 2012 with the beards and skinny fits.
>>
>>35142581
Clothes are made for skinnyfat hipsters, not fatties.
>>
>>35144851
>white t-shirt
>red sweatpants
>grey cardigan

>>gay

only straightfags.
>>
File: IMG_20151205_110451.jpg (377 KB, 1080x1068) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151205_110451.jpg
377 KB, 1080x1068
>>35142577
GORKA-C nothing like it 10/10 outfit Smersh Rig is preferable.
Pic related its me
>>
>>35143500
gold iphone, not using the black iphone because it runs faster. common man.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.