[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck Powerlifting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: 1448923990354.jpg (49 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1448923990354.jpg
49 KB, 720x720
In bodybuilding you try to make the exercise as hard as you can.
Its how hard can you make the exercise and how productive can you make the muscle response in reference to that?
In powerlifting the objective is how easy can you make the exercise so that you can lift the most weight
>>
>In bodybuilding you try to make the exercise as hard as you can.
No senpai. OHPing when standing on a bosu ball is called crossfit, not bodybuilding.
>>
>>35139016
Wut
>>
>>35139016
preach my bro-split brother
>>
>>35139016

wtf are you on about retard.
>>
>>35139016
& every time someone post a progress pic, they get showered with "How much can he lift tho?" Not everyone is a fucking powerlifter you fat cunts. Some of us actually want to have visible abs & aesthetic physiques
>>
File: 1388379807346.jpg (136 KB, 833x597) Image search: [Google]
1388379807346.jpg
136 KB, 833x597
>>35139016
No, in bodybuilding, you try to make the judges convinced your bodypart on display is better than the guys next to you.
In powerlifting, you try to move a weight in a certain way from point A to point B, while making the weight as heavy as possible.

The off season training for boths events is pretty much the same.
The only difference is in-season training and nutrition.
>>
>>35139093
>The only difference is in-season training and nutrition.
and different chemical compounds used
>>
>>35139093
>In powerlifting, you try to move a weight in a certain way from point A to point B, while making the weight as heavy as possible.
>while making the weight as heavy as possible.

What are low bar back squats, wide stance deadlifts and insane back arches?
Shortening the range of motion to make the lift easier
>>
File: Dorian Yates 2007.jpg (165 KB, 1163x1600) Image search: [Google]
Dorian Yates 2007.jpg
165 KB, 1163x1600
>>35139112
That too.
Powerlifters usually take the simple shit, bodybuilders have to fine tune their stacks to their own genetics.
>>
>>35139093
Just shutup. We're talking about during training.
>>
>>35139088
>Lifting for girls

You're a disgrace
>>
>>35139120
>What are low bar back squats, wide stance deadlifts and insane back arches?
>Shortening the range of motion to make the lift easier

Do you go on running forums and complain 100m dash is cheating, because you run 10 meters less and remove the hurdles? You should try that too.
>>
>>35139088

powerlifting literally killed physical culture.
there is strong as in to compete, and there is strong enough
as in to be a superior athlete. pick one.
>>
>>35139120
all of what you just listed makes the lift easier, thus meaning that more weight can be used and the lift is then "heavier"
>>
Powerlifting is for fat neckbeards
Bodybuilding is for vain and shallow roid users

Both are shit.
>>
File: Jon Pall Sigmarson.jpg (28 KB, 298x466) Image search: [Google]
Jon Pall Sigmarson.jpg
28 KB, 298x466
>>35139159
As I said - off season, powerlifters (should) rack up volume the same way bodybuilders do and bodybuilders should do heavy sets to get a proper grainy look.

Arguing that one strength-related event is better than another is just like retards arguing about different metal genres.
>>
Powerlifter logic
Brb lift for function... The only time you need that much strength is in the gym.

Lifting for aesthetics has more use outside the gym, so we are the true lifters for function.
>>
>>35139182
Getting girls is just a bonus. You mad that no girl finds you attractive, or cares that you can deadlift x amount of weight. Stay mad fat boy.
>>
>>35139120
Just for fun. The people with huge bench arches are really sandbagging the weights they choose to attempt just to make you mad.
>>
>>35139197
>strength sport
>responsible for the 'death' of """physical culture"""
>>
Women are pathetic. I am ashamed to breathe the same air as them.
>>
>>35139016
>left
would fuck
>right
would fuck
>>
Personally I like strongman training
Wide back big delts big arms and thick core
>>
>>35139641
top lad
>>
>>35139562
>implying any fatfuck powerlifters live a physical lifestyle
he is right, tho
>>
>>35139763
All powerlifters are fat? Lifting hard four times a week isn't physical?
>>
As a powerlifter with a good physique to boot, eat my shorts
>>
Why do women always have disgusting rooms? How can they live like that?
>>
>>35139016
In power lifting you're competing against numbers/gravity/weight... in bodybuilding your competing to get the attention of other dudes.
>>
>>35139832
They're too busy taking selfies
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.