[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
INJURY GENERAL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.jpg (93 KB, 1090x613) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.jpg
93 KB, 1090x613
Injury general

I just started doing lateral raises and i can comfortably do them with 10lb dumbbells but once i up the weight to 15lbs i feel this pain in my right anterior deltoid. It feels like im moving against(strumming?) two large rubber bands before the movement is complete.

I just bought a lacrosse ball, should i just take a week off and just try to rehabilitate myself?
>>
>>35136246
The jump from 10lb to 15lb was just too much for you. Add reps with the 10lb db if you don't have nothing lighter than the 15lb
>>
>>35136380
but...but its 15 lbs. Isnt that light for lateral raise?
Right now i can do 4x10 with 10 lbs
>>
>>35136609
Increase the reps to 4x15, do pause reps at top & bottom of the ROM & slow controlled movements
>>
>>35136246
I felt some pain above my right triceps and in my right wrist while putting my arms into proper position for squatting today, felt more like a tendon pain rather than muscle issue. Should I stretch/warm up my arms better next time and how should I do it?
>>
>>35136723
Yes
>>
>>35136609
Do the reps slower and work on that contraction feel the pump
>>
I've been hearing a crunching sound in my left knee everytime I put pressure on it and bend it.
It's not painful but I went to the Dr. yesterday anyways and he said I shouldn't squat or it'll get worse and I might have to have a knee replacement.
I'm not gonna make it am I?
>>
>>35136750
Ok thanks
>>
Lateral raises are horrible on your rotator cuff.

You can actually look it up, if you don't believe me, but here's a breakdown:

When you abduct your arm (raise away from your body, as with lateral raises) the first 15° is done almost entirely by the supraspinatus
[supraspinatus initiates abduction - first 15 degrees, deltoid takes over after up to 90 degrees, trapezius and serratus anterior take over beyond 90 degrees, to raise it above your head.]

The supraspinatus is not only one of the muscles in the rotator cuff, it is THE muscle usually injured in a rotator cuff injury.

Lateral raises just are not worth it. Spread the word.
>>
>>35137345
any alternatives to lateral raises?
>>
>>35137345
lateral raises are horrible but your explanation for it is the most retarded ive ever seen. how the hell does using the supraspinatus make the movement bad? rotator cuff muscles need strengthening, too, you know.

the reason why lateral raises are bad is that pure abduction without flexion smashes the supra and infraspinatus tendons against the acromion. some people might get away with it if they have a good type of an acromion, but most people are like OP and inflame their RC.
>>
I was doing curls and pulled a neck muscle, it's fucking weird. Every time I rotate my head certain ways it hurts like hell but it only happened one week ago and it's recovering. Hold me senpai
>>
>>35136246
Complains about pain in deltoideus anterior, posts pic of man having pain in art. humeri.

>do you even anatomy you phleb?
>>
File: axGqGEY_460s.jpg (41 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
axGqGEY_460s.jpg
41 KB, 460x460
i was doing some clean and press'es and at the top of the rep my upper back sort of jerked outwards like it was all tight in the inside, and then burst out in a circle, now my back hurts bad and is maybe 7/10 or 10/10 if i align my spine in a bad position, what can i do now to aleviate the pain or even help repair it?

long story im a bricklayer and my traps are worked all day so i get allot of injuries there, i have had 2 in the past 3 months, they were both from doing chin ups with 30kg on a belt
when i get back from work i feel really compact and strong but i think this is whats causing my injuries now, is there a stretching routine that can help or anything to add to my diet? plz help
>>
>>35137884
Maybe it's because of bad form, too much weight or both.
>>
When warming up to start lifting I always have to stretch my legs in kind of a lunging fashion, moving keep my foot in place but moving my knee over it forwards and backwards. I do this because there's a certain point where my glute or hamstring or whatever is stretched in such a way that my knee will pop once and then I can squat painlessly. Otherwise, my knee will pop while I'm squatting and it hurts like a bitch. Anyone familiar with something like this?
>>
Last year I made the mistake of straining my rotator cuff + straining my collarbone by not retracting my scapula enough during chest presses.

Months later after also having bad posture and a minor case of scapular dyskinesis my entire left GH joint is completely fucked. I've released all the muscles that pull my shoulders forward like pec minor and levator scapulae and have been strengthening the proper ones but I think now it's too late because the shoulder capsule feels damaged. To even use this left arm anymore I have to click it in to the joint which doesn't even really stay in if I move my arm.

Losing my mind senpai
>>
>>35137884
Might be the sternocleidomastoid muscles, that's the muscle that controls side to side movement of the neck.

Try stretching it and lightly squeezing it up and down. Even if thats not the muscle it's still good to stretch cuz it can pull your head forward if it's tight.
>>
I strained my IT bands from squating after taking a long break and now my legs are turning into knocked knees. Wtf
>>
>>35136609
it's only light if it's light for you.
take a week off, lower the weights and train more on technique, add in some stretching.
if you do these things you'll probably be fine.
usually this is the advice physical therapists give, with the rest time depending on severety
>>
deadlifting today and was grinding out the work set and on the 3rd lift i pulled from a weird position (retarded i know) and had the tell tale back spasm. immediately dropped the weight, unracked, and foam rolled for a minute or two. its sore now.

rehab suggestions?
>>
Patellar tendonitis in my right knee due to running and jumping too much. Haven't been able to do a real leg workout since late August. I'm young so I figured I'd play it safe and wait till the pain is completely gone because I wanna be able to walk when I'm 40
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.