[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been really neglecting my abs cuz idk what to do for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1445829907223.jpg (50 KB, 499x488) Image search: [Google]
1445829907223.jpg
50 KB, 499x488
I've been really neglecting my abs cuz idk what to do for them. What are you guys' ab routines?

Also post your abs

Also how to fix lower back pain while working abs?
>>
>how to fix lower back pain while working abs

Do ab exercises that dont hurt your lower back (more isometric exercises)

Also, do less ab exercises that involve flexing your lower back (like crunches), they suck
>>
>>35134519
Do planks, I usually do 3 sets of 1 minute each adding weight as it gets easier. The ab wheel is awesome too but I find planks have more carryover to squats/diddlys
>>
>>35134573
Is just planks enough tho?
>>
>>35134519
Leg raises, both hanging and from that thing were you hold yourself up at like chest level
Plus there's a very specific exercise I learned from a military guy that specifically targets the v-taper and lower stomach but it's pretty hard to explain
>>
>>35134599
Arms fwd plank, and/or hollow holds
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 280x280
>>35134628
>that thing where you hold yourself up
Captain's Chair brah
>>
>>35134660
Hanging leg raises are superior to captain chair because you have to use your core more to reduce swinging.
>>
>>35134660
das it my man
I can do that much more consistently than regular leg raises, likely since the ones we have in the gym have decent back support
>>
>>35134679
I agree I was just letting anon here know the name of the exercise so when he's at the gym he doesn't have to call it that thing you support your bodyweight with at the arm lbs and then swing your legs forward to target your abdominal muscles
>>
File: 2015-07-25 13.36.07.jpg (4 MB, 2121x3771) Image search: [Google]
2015-07-25 13.36.07.jpg
4 MB, 2121x3771
Leg raises superset with cable crunches 3xf
Planks 1 minute each side
3 sets of 3 random abs workouts for 30 seconds each workout (so 1 minute 30 seconds of 3 different abs workouts then rest)
Then ab roller 3x10
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.