[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How effective is it to just use your own bodyweight to tone up?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 527x597) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 527x597
How effective is it to just use your own bodyweight to tone up?

I've got crippling social anxiety and cannot go to a gym without being self-concious about myself as fuck to the point of throwing up.

I don't plan on bodybuilding, I'd just like to tone up what I have and develop a healthy exercise routine since I pretty much stopped once I graduated from high school.

Currently manlet status at 5'8" and 150lbs, unsure of exact bf%

I've got just a pair of 10/25lb dumbells as well which I will probably use as well.

I just dont want to be self-concious anymore about my body.
>>
certainly better than nothing, I highly recommend trying to overcome your fears and join a gym though (go at night if you have to).
>>
>>35133752
I recommend looking into torrenting Never Gymless by Ross Enamait. The static/dynamic protocol is excellent. Naked Warrior by Pavel has good info, but way too much fluff. The most valuable thing to glean from that is that you should not shoot for tons of reps. Slow the tempo, and flex the working muscles hard as you do the exercise, and you can get just as good a workout as you can with weights.
>>
>>35133752
Any exercise is better than none. Gyms are nice but I got fucked over by hidden fees too many times and decided to go /homegym/ with free weights, an affordable rack and bench. It's ghetto but it works.

You could even just find a playground in a public park and go bar starzz mode on the monkey bars at 5:30 AM when no one is around. You do you, mein neger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBKUI3NqUD8
>>
>>35133752
If you're willing to go the dumbell route, get some more varied weights. Some 20lbs and 15lbs minimum, but consider also getting 12lbs and 8lbs. Jumping from 10 pounds
straight to 25 is flat out unreasonable, and you're going to hurt yourself.

If you've got room for a bench, see if you can get one on the cheap. It'll let you do more diverse exercises with those free weights.

Don't be ashamed to start small, and work your way up.
>>
>>35133821
>>35133795
>>35133779
Thanks guys.

I really am out of shape, but these are the exercises that I just did that came to mind, feel free to (and please do) recommend more exercises that I can do.

First reps

Comfortable (but feeling it)
>20 sit-ups
>15 dips
>25 squats (with 10lb dumbell)

Definitely harder
>15 push-ups
>30 curls with 10lb weight each arm

Going to also try to start jogging.

I dont want to be self-concious!

My current goal is to try and do at least 50 of each exercise a day, and use the couch to 5k reference for jogging.

Thanks guys!
>>
>>35133752
OP on the left. OPs mom on the right. Me on the far right (out of frame)
>>
>>35133899
One final bump before I go for my jog.

Thanks again
>>
>>35133902
Google knows.
>>
Reminder that toning isn't real. Yes, follow some sort of calisthenics program, but don't expect it to spontaneously make you aesthetic and "toned". Toning is not real.
>>
>>35133752
>breh
Gonna need sauce on that image, no fap is over.
>>
>>35133752
>I've got crippling social anxiety

It's not social anxiety if everyone is literally making fun of you.
>>
>>>/asp/756838
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.