[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>There are people browsing this board right now who ruined
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: 1485[1].gif (4 MB, 347x244) Image search: [Google]
1485[1].gif
4 MB, 347x244
>There are people browsing this board right now who ruined their back and knees because they fell for the squat and deadlift troll

How does it feel to be the victim of darwinism, dumbasses? Doing 2 extremely high risk exercises that don't yield any additional gains you couldn't get from safer exercises with virtually no injury risk like leg press and hyperextensions? Heck squats even suck as a leg builder, your leg gains are held back by your back strength.

Stay mad plebs, stay mad. Must suck having a brain that cannot make choices based on logical conclusions.
>>
>>35126300
It's ok, squats and deadlifts are really hard anon, don't be embarrassed you can't do them. :)
>>
What are these "safer exercises"
>>
>>35126300
>Deadlifting
>extremely high risk

Looks like someone can't lift 1pl8

LEL
E
L
>>
File: 1zgyu78.gif (281 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1zgyu78.gif
281 KB, 320x240
1/10 made me reply.
>>
>>35126300
SS + GOMAD
>>
My knees hurt when I do leg press and I get hamstring cramps on the leg curl machine. I guess I have to stick to 4pl8 sqwätzz m8
>>
>>35126317

Wow I dont do squats and deadlifts... I should really kill myself right, because thats all life is about?

>>35126370
>Deadlifts
>Not being the cause of thousands of herniated discs

Bench press might be the exercise that causes most injuries at the gym, but if deadlifts were as popular I'm sure physical therapists world wide would see a huge increase of income

>>35126385

Get fat and crippled at the same time, love it. As well as a heart attack and cancer and acne. Biggest troll ever.
>>
>>35126451
DL + UMAD
>>
How many of you who were doing aforementioned exercises hurt yourself when trying 1rep pr?
>>
>>35126483

Nah, why would I be the butthurt one when I'm here telling the truth? No one can come up with any logical counterarguments. All I see is denial and brainwashed individuals getting buttblased by the truth, keep working hard for that injury m8.
>>
File: injuries.png (61 KB, 800x828) Image search: [Google]
injuries.png
61 KB, 800x828
>guaranteed replies the thread

related though, most gym accidents come from dropping weights on fingers and toes and other stupid mistakes.
>>
I think i felt for the Olympic weightlifting mode: few gains and destroying my knees, shoulders etc..
>>
>>35127366

Olympic weightlifting is powerlifting on steroids. Practially begging for injury and minimal gains
>>
>>35126561
most gym-goers are not serious lifters.
>>
you won't injure yourself with squats and deadlifts. But that implies you're not the kind of retard that does 1RM to see much they can lift until they fuck their shit up. I never go below the 4 reps range, the risk of injury simply isn't worth it
>>
>>35126300
I love squats but in going to be completely honest here. I used to run all the time. Usually 3 or 4 times a week at 3 to 5 miles a session and never had knee pain. Then I stopped running for a year and started playing a sport and didnt have knee problems. Then a couple months into the sport I decided to start squatting and like magic I had patellar tendonitis in both knees. Going on two years now. And my knees barely her when I squat if at all. But I'd I run for 5 minutes they'll act up.
>>
>>35128377
All that running and sports fucked your knees lad
>>
File: 1447003338784.png (19 KB, 381x400) Image search: [Google]
1447003338784.png
19 KB, 381x400
>>35126300
TAKE A FUCKING PHYSICS CLASS.
TAKE A FUCKING BIOMED CLASS
TAKE A FUCKING GENERAL NUTRITION CLASS
COME BACK TO ME WHEN YOU CAN FORM YOUR OWN FUCKING OPINIONS ABOUT LOAD DISPLACEMENT WITHIN MUSCLE AND TENDON SPHERES, THIS IS SUCH HORSESHIT
IM SO MAD RIGHT NOW BECAUSE SOME FUCKER IS ON MY CHINESE IMAGEBOARD SPREADING GODDAMN LIES ABOUT MY PERFECT HOMO SAPIEN
LOAD DISPLACEMENT ON YOUR FUCKING SPINAL ERECTORS IS HANDLING A GODDAMN PENDLAY ROW OF FUCKIN 170 LBS IN THE AVERAGE AMERICAN FROM A FUCKING POTBELLY AND YOU WANNA COME ON TO MY FUCKING IMAGEBOARD AND SPREAD THIS SHIT? GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE
>>
>>35126370
Isn't 1 plate only 60kg? My wife uses resistance machines only and can deadlift 60kg. OP must be a faggot with a weak back.
>>
File: 1447349205536.png (348 KB, 608x608) Image search: [Google]
1447349205536.png
348 KB, 608x608
>>35128517
>roid rage
>>
>>35126531
doing them properly actually fixes your posture.
but you fags are too stupid to do them properly.
study this shit man, it's hard but yields are huge.

srsly i wasted 2 years on the leg press and doing leg extensions. worthless exercises. then after squatting and deadlifting for 2 fucking months i had stretchmarks on my legs and i went from size L to XXL no joke.
>>
>>35130811
i'd have to add i did a lot of technique training for 1 month before i could do it properly and i'm still finetuning
>>
File: 1404700903734.png (90 KB, 534x560) Image search: [Google]
1404700903734.png
90 KB, 534x560
>>35128517
>humans evolved to balance hundreds of pounds that are in contact with their body by a narrow metal bar placed on their back
>>
>>35126451
Most back injuries aren't caused in the gym. I doubt people who deadlift are as likely as anyone else to fuck their back up lifting a bag of groceries.

While some injuries are caused by trying to lift excessive weight, the absolute majority are caused by excessive weakness. Working out remedies excessive weakness. Of course you should squat and deadlift if you want to be fit, the only question is how much is too much?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.