[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fat hate thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 572x441) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 572x441
http://mag.sakaralife.com/why-your-ideal-weight-isnt-what-you-think-it-is-2/

>10 extra pounds means your life can have more cake in it
>a real person wrote this truly believing what she said
>in this universe on the planet I reside upon

I need a fat hate thread to keep me sane /fit/
>>
>>35124376
"In honor of Love + Sex + Companionship month, I encourage you to give up the struggle "
>cause you can't be fit AND healthy ....
>>
>used to work at uni cafeteria
>be working the pizza stand
>see fatties waiting in line for pizza
>add extra extra extra oil on the crust and dump more on the top
>tfw killing them even faster
>>
>>35124444
You are my hero.
>>
>>35124376
First world white feminist writes article with zero awareness of the real health problems that western civilization faces. I wonder if she thinks there is an army of women out there who were 5-10 lbs underweight instead of 2/3rds (and growing) of the population being overweight or obese. We do not have a problem with starvation in the western world.

Bonus bullshittery that this woman has written:

>http://mag.sakaralife.com/the-experience-my-journey-with-energy-healers/
>http://mag.sakaralife.com/what-are-adaptogens/
>http://mag.sakaralife.com/the-experience-amethyst-crystal-mat/
>http://mag.sakaralife.com/are-your-sugar-cravings-genetic/
>http://mag.sakaralife.com/2-steps-to-getting-exactly-what-you-want/

What a nutcase.
>>
File: 1445335993443.jpg (71 KB, 594x627) Image search: [Google]
1445335993443.jpg
71 KB, 594x627
>>
File: 1448893396537.jpg (63 KB, 500x601) Image search: [Google]
1448893396537.jpg
63 KB, 500x601
>>
>>35124456
Just doing what any good citizen should do to end fatties.
>>
File: im ready.gif (2 MB, 250x158) Image search: [Google]
im ready.gif
2 MB, 250x158
>>35124444
you, I like you. Fats probably love you.
>>
An extra 10-15 pounds of fat does feel pretty good, though.

When I'm slightly overweight, I never feel lethargic. I'm just eating so much that I have, like, unlimited energy. Plus, I feel like a tank; when you're thin, it's like anyone could just run you over if they wanted. But, when you've got a little extra meat, it's like you can just knock a fucker over with sheer momentum.
>>
>>35124638

That might go for men, not so much for women. We just feel fat and worthless.
>>
>>35124376
>That’s your late night pizza with your man, that Sunday morning bottomless brunch, your favorite cupcake in the whole entire world because you wanted to treat yourself. Those 5-10 pounds are your favorite memories, your unforgettable trips, your celebrations of life.
>Your favorite memories, your unforgettable trips, your celebrations of life.

Her favorite memories during her whole life is eating fucking cupcakes or gorging on a bottomless brunch? Jesus fucking Christ. That eating shit food is just a fleeting moment is usually used as motivation to not do it but for her eating cupcakes is actually the best moments of her life? It's blowing my mind how dull and meaningless her life must be.
>>
>>35124589
Fuck this pic, makes me gag all the time
>>
>>35124444
My hero.
>>
File: -66 lbs.jpg (60 KB, 358x384) Image search: [Google]
-66 lbs.jpg
60 KB, 358x384
I am (still) a fat blob at 288 lbs. During the last 5 months I've lost 80 lbs because I didn't want to be a fat blob anymore and actually wanted to care for my body.

I know most of you think that making fun is eventually pushing fat people into losing weight but it actually making it worse. When you are fat you don't even realize what all that eating is doing to you and you keep putting off losing weight because you feel like shit all the time and eat for emotional support.

I started losing weight because I changed my mind about my life based on friends and coworkers who worked out and showed me that I can change my life instead of making fun of me. If people treat you like you are worthless shit you are going to feel like worthless shit. And if you feel like worthless shit you will never start believing that losing so much weight is possible.

Obviously don't support or encourage what fat people are doing (like that haes crap) but if you want less fat people around tell them about calorie counting and how losing weight is very possible!

pic very related. left is me in early 2015 and on the right is me after losing 66 lbs.
>>
>>35124804

It all makes way more sense when you just think about them as drug addicts. They're food junkies, literally.
>>
>>35124957
I am the fat guy poster right above you, this image is hanging on my fridge as a daily reminder that I am a drug addict in recovery. Very fitting comparison!
>>
>>35124804
Cmon lads it's women. Women just don't have the willpower. Plus they associate food with specialness in a way.
>>
>>35124943
Cool blog bro.
Losing weight is ultimately up to that individual.
Just because fat hate don't work on you don't mean it won't work on others.
>>
>>35125222
Fat hate is what made me lose weight. You're a disgusting individual if you're overweight, and deserve no special treatment
>>
>>35124943
Congrats on the fat loss. Unfortunately, my experiences dont match your claims. When I worked as a health care worker in the weight clinic, fat people would never respond to information and would always construe it as personal attacks. When they show their families and complain that I was a fatphobic asshole picking on and shaming them, the family started challenging their fat logic and fatshamed them. It took their family fatshaming them before they cut the bullshit. Many of my former clients had success stories based on fatshaming and being put down by their own families as their rock bottom.

Fatshaming can be used as a therapeutic motivation tool.
>>
>>35124972
Hit 70 lbs lost this morning and I agree, I was definitely addicted to food and I remind myself that every time I want to eat more.

>>35125198
Not necessarily true. I think we just have more people telling us it's ok to be fat. Even when I was morbidly obese and probably dying from the effects of my diet I had my friends and family telling me it's ok and I look great and even men were still all over me. (Though definitely not as attractive as the guy I have now. All beta chubby chasers probably.) It took my SO telling me to lose weight because I was killing myself to lose it. Willpower was never really a problem after I decided it's what was best for me. These people are just so fucked up (sad, lonely, etc) they don't realize what they're doing to themselves or they think it's the only way to fit in or belong. They do it conciously and have no real excuses, especially not "it's just too hard I can't make myself do it." It's harder to eat a whole pizza for dinner than to eat 150g of chicken and some greens. Which leads me to

>>35125261

Spot on. When I started losing, no amount of reddit or tumblr fitness motivation helped me. Pictures of grotesque humans killing themselves and being retarded about their health on fph threads helped me keep away from shit habits.
>>
>>35124589

You know she is just wearing a blanket because she is too fat to put on pants.
>>
>>35125222
>Just because fat hate don't work on you don't mean it won't work on others

It doesn't work on the majority of people so if you really want to gain the obesity battle by numbers start using more effective means
>>
File: 1425131701094.jpg (42 KB, 472x461) Image search: [Google]
1425131701094.jpg
42 KB, 472x461
>>35124943
I mock disgusting fat fucks relentlessly while also giving advice about working out and counting calories so everyone can pick the motivation that works for them.
>>
>>35125437
Nope. It just so happens the fatass men know it's wrong and don't say anything (with rare exception like pic related.) Women, despite being wrong, will still scream her viewpoint even when logic and evidence shows the bullshit they are spouting are exactly that: bullshit.
>>
>>35125261
who said anything about special treatment? treating a fat person like shit because they are fat is the special treatment (unless you act like a dick around skinny people too).

Most studies suggest that people do not lose weight because they hate themselves but because they want to take care of themselves. And people usually only take care about things that they don't hate.

If it worked for you then you are in the minority.

>>35125222
you should look into different types of motivation.

You are talking about external motivation, this is considered the worst and weakest kind of motivation. You only do something because someone or something is forcing you to do it, this is most likely destined to fail.

If you want to make people feel bad if they don't lose weight then that is called introjected motivation. Second worst motivation also likely to fail. You want to accomplish something, but only because other people make you, this is also very likely to fail.

the second best kind of motivation is identified motivation. This is when you feel positive about losing weight and you want to achieve this goal to better yourself.

the highest ranked kind of motivation is intrinsic motivation. This is when you change your own views and you no longer see eating healthy as a burden, you eat healthy because you want to be healthy. You also don't view activity as something to be endured but something that you enjoy, something that is part of your life and who you are. This is the motivation that is going to last the longest and is going to yield the best results.

Think about where your kind of "motivation" lands on this scale and how effective it is going to be.
>>
>>35125437
Gay
>>
>>35125452
HAES detected.
>>
>>35125452
We force food companies and most restaurants to label nutrition. This information is freely available, yet fat people REFUSE to put any effort whatsoever into losing weight, and if they do, it's some shitty fad diet. You have to realize access to information is not helping obesity. Coddling fat people and positive reinforcement is not doing anything either. The only thing left is outright shame. There aren't any more effective solutions left.
>>
>>35124589
>Secondary Cheez-Its on the back of the wheelchair

Why
>>
>>35125499
Great fucking logic here
>>
>>35125452

Not the guy you're replying to but Ive seen more people do things from negative reinforcement than positive. No one wants to feel like shit amongst peers and they'll do what they can to get away from that feeling, including eating less and being more active. Honestly never seen anyone who lost weight because people kindly asked them to.

Tho honestly best way would be through education. Most people just don't even realize what they're doing, with all this shit food saying it's "healthy" and all this haes bs floating around. My mother called me the other day asking why I bother eating so little when our genetics are fatter, so I should eat more or I'll die. It's pathetic how little we do to educate the public.
>>
>>35124638
>>35124779
That's mostly because women are shorter, so those 10-15 pounds start looking like 25~30 pounds.

Being 10-15 pounds over your perfect weight (or 5~10 pounds for women), is not enough to make you a fatass. It's perfectly fine.
>>
>>35125501
So the label is there, what's the use of it if they don't know how to use that information? What's the use of knowing a cookie has 100 calories if they don't know how many calories they need? What's the use of knowing how much fiber is in there if they don't even know what fiber does?
And don't act like these things are common sense, it's not. Common sense is not a real fucking thing for a lot of people.
If you don't know what that's for you tend to ignore it
>>
>>35125386
intrinsic motivation will always beat external motivation, especially in the long run.

Many fat people come from a past of constant harassment that is, unlike your solid advice, only intended at putting them down. Their natural reaction is to dismiss it to make themselves feel safe. They don't understand that you have their best interest in mind because no one else usually has and only sees them as an easy target for jokes.

>>35125465
to actually listen to your advice about calories and working out they would have to trust you. Would you take advice of some asshole that is constantly making fun of you? No one would. Don't act as if you being an asshole for the sake of others instead of your own ego.
>>
>>35125519
Being treated better after losing weight is positive reinforcement and that works, that is likely to make people keep on losing weight
People mistreating you in order to make you stop doing something is punishment, not reinforcement, and punishment is always traumatic to the subject and the results are always inferior when compared to reinforcement.
>>
>>35124804
Now I don't oppose a "good living layer" but food isn't, and shouldn't be entertainment. It can and should be delicious, but it isn't an event. I don't daydream about that burrito I ate with my ex when we were so happy, I daydream about the company we shared. Ugh. Fat people and their food fetishes.
>>
>>35124444

The quads /fit/ needs
>>
File: looks.jpg (175 KB, 1040x629) Image search: [Google]
looks.jpg
175 KB, 1040x629
>>35125563
Look, I lost 60 lbs. I didn't know anything about nutrition or anything, but I learned it through the internet. Through my own initiative. This information, how to read nutritional labels, counting calories, etc. is widespread on the internet. If you can't take advantage of the resources available to you, you're a piece of shit who deserves to be shamed at that point. It's not about education, fat people have something seriously wrong with them, either mentally or morally, that stops them from losing weight. I don't know what it is, but after hearing excuse after excuse, I've realized obesity in teh US at least has NOTHING to do with education or information. Fat people simply refuse to listen. Everyone wants to lose weight, but no one wants to put any effort into it. I tell everyone who asks me how to lose weight. I would gladly explain calorie counting to anybody who would ask. But they don't. Calorie counting is literally the devil, despite it being the easiest way to lose weight.

I've realized losing weight made me hate fat people. It's easy. Incredibly easy, if you can't lose weight there's something wrong with you.
>>
>>35125499
how is giving people actual advice on how to lose weight instead of putting them down HAES? HAES would be telling them that they are fine the way they are, this is pretty much the exact opposite but without being an asshole.

>>35125501
this:
>>35125563
there is not common sense, you have to start explaining about BMR and TDEE, how to calculate them, what to look out for and so on. We are not talking about positive reinforcement, we are talking about basic education.

>>35125519
>It's pathetic how little we do to educate the public.

And that is why overweight people need education from people that they can trust. Do you trust people in your life who constantly make fun of you and are putting you down all the time? Fat people are already very careful who to trust because they've been let down so many times that a person that is making fun of them won't be able to give them any advice that they would ever value.
>>
>>35125589
Then explain why obesity rates are still going up exponentally despite all this education to what you said? You have to change the fatty's perception and make them hit rock bottom. We do this to addicts. It's how addicts have that "moment of clarity". Fatties have the same underlying process, and if we treat obesity the same way, youll see more results.
>>
Fuck dude, at 170 I WISH my body's natural 'resting weight' was 10 pounds heavier.

Wusses.
>>
>>35125663
how long have you been fat and why did you ever get fat in the first place with all those information around?

You are having a terrible double standard. You somehow changed your mind and started losing weight but where just as bad as they are now before. But somehow you are now elevated above them and get to judge them for making the same mistakes you made in the past.
>>
>>35124589
>keto.jpg
>>
>>35125686
What education? I can't speak for anyone else but I wasn't a bad student at all yet I didn't know shit about good eating habits until I started to actively look for ways to improve my physique
All I remember is that bullshit food pyramid 5 portions of vegetables drink 8 glasses of water bullshit and those are no fucking guidelines, it doesn't teach anything important
>>
>>35125686
as far as I know drug addicts usually only manage to get off their stuff by having a strong support group that does not make fun about them for being addicted. Imagine going to an intervention for a heroin user and you start making fun about them all the time... class A asshole.
>>
>>35125715
this is exactly what is wrong. People always assume that nutrition is common sense when in fact it really isn't.
>>
>>35125663
>If you can't take advantage of the resources available to you, you're a piece of shit who deserves to be shamed at that point.

That's some nice fucking logic
The internet has plenty of resources to teach you how to speak tagalog for free
Should I treat you like a piece of shit for not knowing how to speak tagalog then or just be reasonable and assume you probably haven't thought about learning tagalog yet?
Don't be so fucking uppity
Everyone else is not you, they don't think the way you do, they don't want the same things as you, so calm down
>>
>>35125686
>>35125715
Correct, there is no education to be had. Most good information out there is being literally CRUSHED under the weight of all the bad information that's being thrown around by both feminists and the food industry.

The food industry, obviously, wants to increase profits, so making people get fatter and fatter fits with their objectives. They are the ones who keep pushing the mantra of "you just need more exercise, have a candy".

And feminists are just selfish fat fucks who want to be treated as 10/10 goddesses just because they possess a vagina. They are also disgusting and are making things harder on everyone.

Either way, fat hate threads are not FOR the fatties, it's for the ex-fatties. It's great motivation... to never go back to what you once were.
>>
>>35125715
>What education?
Point exactly. Fatties ignore the education. Even all the health education classes, warnings, and studies hasn't improved the obesity rates. In these classes, we get educated on that "intrinsic" motivation you keep spouting. Intrinsic motivation is, as you explained, when you do something for yourself. That comes after you start. Until then, the only way to get people to start is via a rock bottom. Hence: fat shaming.

Again, we do this to addicts via interventions. Usually an extrinsic factor like legal or family pressure along with shaming gets them to stop. Eventually, they find that sobriety is not as bad as they thought and their motivation becomes intrinsic. Same concept. Fatties are addicted to food. They self-medicate just like the addict self-medicates with their drug of choice.
>>
>>35125779
>Fatties ignore the education

That's not what I fucking said bitcb
I said the education available to the public at large is not very good and if people really to learn about it they have to look for it specifically. It's not common sense.
What makes you think everyone else had read the same studies you have?
>>
>>35125779
Everything that you mentioned is usually paid off by the food industry and are pretty close to the whole "Well, tomatoes are vegetables and there are tomatos in tomato sauce, therefore pizza is a vegetable and fine to serve in schools".

It's really hard for a fattie to find the good information in a sea of bad information... specially when the bad information is being pushed by huge companies with a lot of cash and the good information is just one guy talking alone.
>>
>>35124376

>I haven’t been to the gym in 3 days, I feel AWFUL.

How is this a negative thing?

Fuck this article. Those "extra 5-10 pounds" turn into 50-100 within 5 years.
>>
>>35125751

learning tagalog is not taking advantage of resources available. cuz it doesn't give you advantage. if ur going to the philipines, sure, then its taking advantage, and yes you should be shamed for not using it.

but hwen you are fat, you know your fat, and you blog all day about how great it is to be fat, then yeah, you deserve to be shamed for not taking advantage of those resources.
>>
>>35125804
>I said the education available to the public at large is not very good
Of course, T.V. and shit pop-culture magazines never did give out good information. Maybe if they actually listened to health educators, who commonly give out excellent advice instead of listening to some dumbass snake oil salesman like Dr. Oz, they'd know a good education. And yes, it is common sense. Common sense would tell us that this shit doesn't work. Fat people ignore it.

>What makes you think everyone else had read the same studies you have?
Same shit that gets mentioned by health educators, nutritionists, and PT's, not shitbags who have trashy talk shows.
>>
>>35124638
Ok there jim
>>
>>35125844
ok, take personal finances. there are so many people in debt and there is so much information out there on how to get out of it. Why are people so dumb and not reading it? We should shame poor people and make fun about them, maybe they'll get rich if we make enough fun about them.
>>
>>35125892
We absolutely should!

Those guys are fucking RETARDED. The poor in my town spend most of their income on weekend parties with booze and barbecue, then they just deal with it the rest of the week. No shit they're having a hard time.

Also important to remember that if they could just STOP reproducing, we wouldn't have an ever-increasing amount of poor people around!

It's all their own fault.
>>
>>35125862
And what makes you think everyone has heard of these people you mention? You seem like the typical asshole who, after many years if being clueless, after he learns something he thinks everyone must have learned it too.
>>
>>35125892
>We should shame poor people and make fun about them, maybe they'll get rich if we make enough fun about them.
We have. We have shamed their dumb lifestyle of spending shit tons of money on smoking cigarettes and drinking lots of alcohol instead of saving up their money and challenged their dumb logic.

http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/adult_data/cig_smoking/
>>
>>35125891
You could have 10 lbs of extra weight (depending on your height) and still have a bmi under 25. I am 6'4, to me 10-15 pounds is very little. If you are 5'x than it might be a huge deal.

>>35125942
these people, just like the fatties, can't help it. They never learned how to handle money, all their friends are poor all the time and to them this is just normal. Same goes for fat people. people don't get magically smart because you make fun of them, you need to educate them for them to make better choices.
>>
>>35125751
Learning Tagalog wouldn't significantly improve my life right now. A comparable metaphor would be if I wanted to learn Tagalog, but I refused to look up any resources online, and then complained that there were no resources available to me, even though there were. That would make me a piece of shit. People complain that obesity is caused by lack of education. This is a LIE. There is no lack of education or information available, this is just excuses. It's like how fat people lie about healthy food being expensive, they're simply unable to comprehend life without junk food. Fat people are drug addicts and should be treated as such. You think heroin addicts do heroin because they don't know it's bad?
>>
>>35125862
I think you might be retarded
You really expect everyone to know about these less popular and therefore less accessible authors? The fact that they're not on TV and not on magazines means a great big number of people have no idea they exist.
>>
>>35125968
>And what makes you think everyone has heard of these people you mention?
Do you live under a rock?
>>
>>35125992
So calling heroin addicts pieces of shit and shaming then is how you cure their addiction then?
>>
>>35126004
How big is your heard?
>Everyone has to know the same things I know or else they don't know anything at all

The world is a big fucking place kid
>>
>>35126003
>You really expect everyone to know about these less popular and therefore less accessible authors?
You don't have to know them by name. Health educators, PT's and nutritionists already know the information and give out that information for free on a daily basis. You might see their pamphlets in Dr.'s offices, vet clinics, etc. They also give out public speeches and commonly speak in schools.

Instead, fatties ignore it and instead go for the easy-way thrown out by trashy talk-shows and magazines.
>>
>>35125711
>how long have you been fat
7 years, I got fat because I stopped exercising (was in cross country/track in high school) and started eating more and drinking more soda.
> why did you ever get fat in the first place with all those information around?
Because I didn't look. I didn't care. If I wanted to find the information I could have, easily, but I didn't due to my own lack of willpower.
>You somehow changed your mind and started losing weight but where just as bad as they are now before. But somehow you are now elevated above them and get to judge them for making the same mistakes you made in the past.
I judge my old self just as harshly as I judge fat people now, I'm not hypocritical. I was weak and fat because I thought losing weight was hard, now I realize it's easy, so I judge people, including myself, accordingly. People aren't fat because of lack of information or education, people are fat because society tells them it's ok to be fat. Negative reinforcement and seeing pictures of diabetes and other weight related illnesses are what woke me up, so to speak.
>>
>>35124444
doing God's work anon
>>
>>35125892

i do. there are plenty of mediums that make fun of poor people, from TV, to memes, to movies. the show 'raising hope' was premised on poor people being hilariously poor.

that being said, when someone asks for help with finances, i go for it. if they let me ive managed their entire finances for over a year ot keep them within budget. those who wont allow that, i simply give advice and send guides.

but thats an even shittier example than your tagalog one.

being poor is more akin to being too thin/malnourished. in this country there are a finite number of jobs and other monetary resources. not everyone can live comfortably, and much of the education system is scammed into making that even harder.

shaming poor people in this particular instance is like shaming africans who literally have no access to satisfactory food.

TL;DR now im shaming you for being dumb
>>
>>35126025
>So calling heroin addicts pieces of shit and shaming then is how you cure their addiction then?
Addiction can't be cured, only treated. Just by you saying this shows you know shit about addiction and are using a shit analogy. This is exactly what's used in interventions all the time to get an addict into treatment.
>>
Halp I gained over 20 lbs of mostly fat while all the gains I had are fading away into nothingness.
I want to make a change but I lack the motivation and willpower to let my thoughts follow actions. How the duck do I manage to get off my ads and start working out again?
>>
>>35126043
>Health educators, PT's and nutritionists already know the information and give out that information for free on a daily basis

Where? If it's not on TV then it's not as accessible as Dr Oz
If it's not on a popular medium a lot of people are just not going to find out about it
If it's in a school only about 500 people at a time are going to know about it
So really how is every obese person in america supposed to already know this?
>>
>>35125892
But we should. Maybe getting rich isn't possible per se, but if you're in too far in debt or blow all your money on alcohol and cigarettes instead of saving for retirement, yeah, you're retarded.
>>
>>35126064
>but thats an even shittier example than your tagalog one

That's not me, I'm the tagalog anon
There's more than one person that thinks your logic is shite
>>
>>35126025
>what are interventions
>>
File: 1359242527181.jpg (88 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1359242527181.jpg
88 KB, 960x720
>>35126025
Look fatty, stop making excuses for yourself or your fat friends. This whole thread you have denied sound logic because you can't get it through your fat fucking forehead that people will never listen to good advice because it doesn't fit the narrative they've made up in their head about how "they don't know what they're talking about."

I've lost 16 kg (35 lbs for merica and two other countries) only after my friends started calling me a fat fuck that likes chicken too much, and noticed my female boss who weighs about 400 pounds eat 5 goddamn plates of sushi in one sitting.
>>
>>35126070
I really don't know shit about addiction, which is why I wasn't the one who started talking about crackheads in the first place
So yeah guilty
But still you call humiliating fat people an intervention for them? How is that gonna go?
>>
>>35126084
Why is Dr. Oz so popular in the first place? People don't get magically popular for no reason. Fad diets become fad diets in the first place BECAUSE fat people look for the easy routes. People are buying shit, therefore con artists and scammers will sell them shit. It's the consumer's fault.
>>
Jesus, I didn't realize there are so many fat sympathizers on /fit/. No wonder obesity is an epidemic, even the "healthy" people coddle fats.
>>
>>35126084
>Where? If it's not on TV then it's not as accessible as Dr Oz
So you're finally admitting you're getting your horrible information from the T.V.?

>If it's not on a popular medium a lot of people are just not going to find out about it
>If it's in a school only about 500 people at a time are going to know about it
It's taught in Health Ed. classes from the time we start school. We also hear it from nutritionist and educators all the time. Selection bias. You refused to hear it at the time.

>So really how is every obese person in america supposed to already know this?
Again, selection bias. It's taught in Health Ed. classes. Pamphlets on this shit is everywhere. I just saw one of those old-ass Scriptograph pamphlets just recently when I took a person to the E.R. I just saw a two stories about studies in the newspaper about another link to obesity and many cancers. The information is out there. You, along with fat people, are ignoring them.
>>
>>35126116
I'm nit denying sound logic, I just don't see any fucking smidgen of it
It's just you shouting "THEY ALREADY KNOW THUS THEY'RE JUST IGNORING IT I KNOW THAT THEY KNIW THEY MUST KNOW IF I KNOW THEN THEY MUST KNOW" and that doesn't make any fucking sense at all

If your ugly friends made fun of your ugly ass but you didn't know all the stuff about eating you know today do you think you would have made it you retard? No, and that's my point
People have no fucking idea of what to do with what they eat and how they eat
>>
>>35126151
>It's taught in Health Ed. classes from the time we start school. We also hear it from nutritionist and educators all the time.

At no point in my 12 years of public education have I ever been taught of calories in/calories out. The extent of our healthy diet classes were: "This is the food pyramid, it says to eat more vegetables and less fats, so do it".
>>
>>35126099

there's an entire tumblr of people who think that fitness logic is shite, but that doesn't make it true.

two retards dont make a right.
>>
>>35126129
>But still you call humiliating fat people an intervention for them? How is that gonna go?
For some, it'll be a wake up call. Look at these deluded fat fucks in this very thread. They are not unaware of what it takes to be healthy. They are just deluded that they ALREADY ARE healthy, even though they're not. They think they're beautiful, even though they are not. They are, simply put, LYING to themselves.

It's very unlikely that information alone would work on them desu. But the mockery at least has some chance of making them notice that, hey, they are disgusting and dying.
>>
>>35126151
>You, along with fat people, are ignoring them.

See how you're full of assumptions
I already said many posts ago I didn't know thus stuff until I actively looked for it, meaning, I know it now. And since I'm not retarded I know many people are like I used to be and haven't looked for it yet, so they don't know it yet, and that's why I don't think they already know and are just ignoring it, cause that's fucking dumb
>>
>>35126129
Obese people tend to not do anything unless they hit a rock bottom. The mechanisms involved with obese people and addiction are the same: they're addicted to something and self-medicating with it. In the obese person's case, it's food.

An intervention utilizing shame can provide a breakthrough to obese people, just like it does with addicts. It takes a combination of education, breaking their logic, and shaming to give them the extrinsic factor to help them. Provided they keep going, they'll eventually get intrinsic motivation to keep up as they find that it's not as bad as they thought and they feel a lot better.

The analogy works since it's all the same biochemical process in the brain. It's just misused in your case. We can apply the intervention practices we do with addicts to obese people to get them from the pre-contemplation phase to the contemplation phase of the fives stages of motivation. It works--fatties just don't want to get their feelings hurt.
>>
>>35124444
even quad approved
>>
>>35126151
>So you're finally admitting you're getting your horrible information from the T.V.?

I'm not talking about myself I'm talking about the millions of obese americans. And yes that's probably where they get their information from
If you admit they're getting wrong informstion from questionable sources how can you say they already know what to do but choose not to?
>>
>>35126178
>This is the food pyramid, it says to eat more vegetables and less fats, so do it
Then why don't they do it? The food pyramid may be simplified, but what if people did eat more fruits and vegetables, and ate sweets sparingly instead of every day or meal? We'd be a lot better off. People know what foods generally are "bad" for you. But they eat them anyway. Is this a lack of education? No, it's a lack of willpower.
>>
>>35124972
God how I miss a big ol pepperoni pizza with a liter of cola.I was never fat, just dyel. I kind of miss those days of sitting in my room playing WoW and eating shit food all day.
>>
>>35126191
>I already said many posts ago I didn't know thus stuff until I actively looked for it
Thank you for proving my exact point: you had a selection bias. You ignored it. Instead of ignoring it, you should start telling people that you were an idiot and ignored that information in the past but later had to learn it because you became a fat fuck who was unhealthy.

My job here is done.
>>
>>35126151
>It's taught in Health Ed. classes from the time we start school. We also hear it from nutritionist and educators all the time. Selection bias. You refused to hear it at the time.

Maybe you went to much better school than I do but I did not learn any of the important things about health and fitness at school. And don't give the I refused to hear it bullshit, like I said I was a good student. I remember learning about food groups and vitamins and shit like that, but not really anything that would teach me how to build myself a good diet and how to eat proportionately to what I nedded. Just "eat varied eat your vegetables drink water"
>>
>>35124943
There are people out there with legit disabilities, people starving, dying of diseases. & you fat fucks cannot handle not stuffing your fucking faces. & then claiming depression and seeking emotional support all because you cannot put the fucking cake down. I am DISGUSTED by you fat fucks. Oh and grats on losing 66lbs.
>>
>>35126116
>people have no idea of what to do with what they eat and how they eat

Then explain to me why this whole "fat positive" movement has hamgalaxies antagonize health professional's advice, even DOCTORS' advice about how to lose weight.
>>
File: 1448676921611.gif (145 KB, 680x846) Image search: [Google]
1448676921611.gif
145 KB, 680x846
>>35124376
I think this obsessive focus on love, sex and relationship is more hurtful than anything
>>
>>35126240
If your job wasn't to prove you don't even care about the point I'm trying to make and that you're just arguing with some imaginary character then I don't think it's done at all
>>
>>35124376
Did anyone get a screenshot of the biologist blowing the HAES studies out of the water?
>>
>>35126178
They did. They told you not to stuff your face. They told you that eating until feeling full isn't a good thing. They taught you about eating healthy and when to stop. They taught you healthy food choices. They taught you about the consequences of overeating and not eating enough.
>>
File: 1449068540672.png (1 MB, 1663x3494) Image search: [Google]
1449068540672.png
1 MB, 1663x3494
Here, have some motivation, you filthy animals.
>>
>>35126240
I didn't ignore it
I never had access to it in the first place
To give you an idea most of the stuff I learned wasn't even in my native language you retard
(English isn't my main language)

It all started very unrelated with googling "how 2 6pack" or something like that and from there going deeper and deeper on how to manage your physique
Not from going back on information I ignored years ago or however it is you think it goes
>>
File: 1437230631320.gif (379 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
1437230631320.gif
379 KB, 500x374
>>35126286
>Ronnie Coleman doing trigonometry
Every damn time.
>>
>>35126216
The food pyramid tells you to eat a whole lot of carbs, haven't you looked at it?
>>
>tfw remember getting shown stuff like this
>>
>>35126216
>Then why don't they do it?
They fucking do, lots of people can still eat over their maintenance while eating more vegetables than they did before.

>but what if people did eat more fruits and vegetables, and ate sweets sparingly instead of every day or meal?

Are you so simpleminded to believe that fat people are fat because of over consumption of sweets? The issue lies with unhealthy diet, period. Lots of people get fat by over consuming calorie dense foods like pasta and bread.

> Is this a lack of education?

Many times, yes. Human behaviour is not prone to great deviation beyond the mean. If a person has not been taught proper nutrition, they are likely to repeat the same behaviours. See the frog in boiling water metaphor.

It sounds to me like you want to look down on others to boost your own self-esteem. Quite pathetic really.
>>
>>35126244
Eating a healthy, balanced diet has fuck all to do with not being fat. The top of the food pyramid literally says "sweets and oils - use sparingly." How the fuck do you not realize what use sparangly means? It has nothing to do with TDEE or BMR, nothing to do with macros, nothing to do with vitamins. STOP EATING BROWNIES AND DRINKING SODA. That's it. ANd people refuse.

Look at smoking. Do you honestly believe there's a single person in the first world who thinks smoking is good for you? Seriously? And people still fucking smoke. It's one the decrease now, not due to education but because of shaming. Society shamed the fuck out of smokers, and its decline is due to this. Education is worthless without social stigma.
>>
>>35126305
eh?
>>
>>35126275
They literally didn't
It's almost like health classes across schools are completely different
>>
File: 8367910768_7b07bdf424_z.jpg (109 KB, 640x515) Image search: [Google]
8367910768_7b07bdf424_z.jpg
109 KB, 640x515
>>35126316
And this.
>>
>>35126319
This is tumblr: the post.
>I got fat off of vegetables and fruits!
Literally TiTP material.
>>
File: 1444997160063.jpg (95 KB, 500x742) Image search: [Google]
1444997160063.jpg
95 KB, 500x742
>>35126327
And this thing.
>>
>want to lose weight
>go to my computer and type in Google "how to lose weight ?"
>eat at a caloric deficit
>????????
>profit

Holy fuck you fat sympathizers, its not rocket science. Eat at caloric deficit = lose weight
>>
File: 1444457397241.jpg (71 KB, 675x506) Image search: [Google]
1444457397241.jpg
71 KB, 675x506
>>35126352
Oh and this also.
>>
>>35126321
The education about the dangers of smoking is completely different than the one concerning overeating tho
Did your health classes show pictures of people who died of obesity being opened up and things like that? Cause the smoking education always has that. It's on their packaging even
>>
>>35126363
Definitely this too. Infact, this was shown to us a lot when we went over the nutrition chapter.
>>
>>35126268

im an avid agreer on that. im always surprised by how seriously people take relationships.

people spend the majority of their life looking for a 'special someone' to take them away from the people in their life (friends, family) that actually stick with them through all the tough shit.

then when they break up or worse, divorce, they act all surprised, as if all the previous romantic failures didnt teach them that romance is too fickle to build a real life off of.
>>
>>35126321
This guy is a troll. Initially a subtle one, but holy fuck is he annoying now.
>>
>>35126343
He literally said pasta and bread nit fruits ans vegetables. Like seriously. You guys are arguing with the anons here or with every single thing you ever read on the internet?
Everyone here on /fit/ knows how calorie dense pasta and bread are but most people don't think it's unhealthy at all
>>
File: 1446691649251.png (940 KB, 810x964) Image search: [Google]
1446691649251.png
940 KB, 810x964
>>35126378
Of course, we always had the obese person like pic related who would get mad, say something about "muh genetics" and get excused from the classes because they were offended.
>>
File: 1424806577550.jpg (59 KB, 487x640) Image search: [Google]
1424806577550.jpg
59 KB, 487x640
>>35126407
There was a guy like pic related who had a heart attack during our senior year that was linked to his inactivity and obesity. There was also that fat fuck who went into a diabetic coma and loss half his brain function as a result of his obesity...er I mean, his genetics.
>>
>>35126367
Then we should do that. Treat obesity like smoking. Fast food packages should have pictures of gangrenous, diabetic feet. Put warnings on soda that it could increase your risk of diabetes. Have youth campaigns against obesity. Raise health insurance premiums for being overweight. Ban junkfood from company property. Plaster schools with pictures of people with bedsores, inner thigh rashes, and fat build up on organs.
>>
>>35126322
I'd suggest you read it, you mongrel
>>
>>35126448
Then fucking do it
Be as graphic as you want, I'm not opposed to that, and it's probably gonna be much more effective than the whole "hurr durr you're so fat you're a pig kill yourself" approach
The only things I'm trying to say is that
1. Insulting fat people isn't really as effective as you guys pretend it is. Most of the time breaks their spirit and nothing else, and will make them weary if anything and anyone mentioning their weight in the future. Congratulations, you just converted someone else to HAES
And
2. The information that is largely available about eating habits and exercise and calories and all that shit that matters when trying to lose weight is really not very good at all. People can learn about it anytime they want, sure, but thinking they already know it is retarded
>>
>>35124444
>Been trying to lose weight lately
>after months of hard work, I decided to get lunch at uni because fuck it
>there's pizza
>some asshole pours oil on top
>there's oil everywhere
>I don't have money for anything else
>Take a bite
>gag
>day is ruined.

Man, nothing gets me stoked for lunch like spending five minutes trying to towel dry my slice of pizza.
>>
File: halverson.jpg (54 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
halverson.jpg
54 KB, 400x267
>>35124943
I've tried that, the thing is the fatties always think you're lying because they either miscount their calories or they just get daunted by the lifestyle change that leads and assume you're some kind of freak for not eating twice your calorie needs every day.

>mfw fatty cousin wasn't counting calories in her starbucks shakes
>mfw she says the coffee will help speed up her metabolism.
>>
>>35124444
they called Anon "The Fours of Fattening"
and yea, it was good
Gainz be praised
>>
Fat acceptance might not be a bad thing. That is, to say if they were honest and tried to make the point that being fat is unhealthy, but those who are fat shouldn't be bullied for it. And actually tried to help them lose weight.
Why dont they do this? Are they delusional?
They aren't changing anything
>>
>>35126495
>1. Insulting fat people isn't really as effective as you guys pretend it is. Most of the time breaks their spirit and nothing else, and will make them weary if anything and anyone mentioning their weight in the future. Congratulations, you just converted someone else to HAES
This isn't for fat people. This isn't "How to lose weight general," it's "Fat Hate."
>2. The information that is largely available about eating habits and exercise and calories and all that shit that matters when trying to lose weight is really not very good at all. People can learn about it anytime they want, sure, but thinking they already know it is retarded
This is a lie, you're full of shit and just making excuses.

Get the fuck back to tumblr.
>>
>>35126353
But if you had to go to google to find out how to lose weight then it means you didn't already know how to lose weight and just chose to ignore how to it don't it?

Try to go asking random people on the street, like pretend you're writing a paper on diets or something, and ask them if they know what a caloric deficit even is. Most probably won't. People are clueless
>>
>>35126591
Get the fuck back to reddit retard
>>
>>35126587
They don't do it because they don't really care whether being fat is healthy or unhealthy. They just gave up on getting rid of their own fat, but they don't want to deal with the consequences of being fat (that is, being unattractive, being seen as lazy and/or glutton)... so what do they do? They try to make those stop existing.

Of course, they'll never succeed. But they ARE making it easier for fats to remain fat.
>>
>>35124376

to be fair, 10 lbs isn't that big of a deal. But when you carry that 10 lbs for a few months, and then gain another, and think that new 10 lbs isn't a big deal. and then the next 10 lbs. then the next.

>>35124530

>the real health problems that western civilization faces.

I think this just shows how retarded the opposite end of the spectrum can be. the civilization is threatened? only the west? Saudis are fat and gluttonous too. The Chinese are exploding in weight. Europe is America Part 2, the only reason they aren't AS fat because they don't have enough food, but they'll get there soon.

It's a human nature issue. Let your monkey impulses run wild, and you get fat.
>>
>>35126587
Because fat people are addicted to food. It's easier to demand society accept you rather than to change a negative aspect of your life. The fat acceptance you want is pretty much impossible.
>>
>>35125484
NAAFA

Both the association for hamplanets and the sound they make whilst guzzling liter o cola.
>>
>>35126591
>This is a lie, you're full of shit and just making excuses

I don't know if you're the same troll but even you/him admitted the information on TV and in magazines isn't good so how the fuck is it a lie? Make sense you brain dead cock gobbler
>>
File: 1448321881222.png (76 KB, 662x413) Image search: [Google]
1448321881222.png
76 KB, 662x413
>>35125432
THAT'S A WOMAN????
>>
>>35124943
When i was fat, fat hate threads were EXACTLY what i needed to make fat me see what was wrong with what i was doing.

I didn't want to pass my 20's never being in shape.

I didn't want to be in my 30's or 40's realizing i missed my prime.

I didn't want to be the fattest, softest guy in the room.

I'm not a full on autist, so i had a girlfriend (now married) but what's the fucking point of having a body if you're just going to abuse it?
>>
>>35126626
That shit is widely available BECAUSE fat people want the easy way out.Just with the bare bones you learn in health class, anyone could stay at a reasonable weight. The reason people are fat is because they are human garbage, too weak to make even minor lifestyle changes. It's a moral/social problem, not an educational one. Social shaming/harassment is the only way to cure obesity, more education will do nothing.
>>
>>35126637
So would you say the thing that helped you the most was seeing the damage being fat can do to your body? Because honestly if the fat threads was just that I wouldn't have a problem with them, quite the contrary, that's a good thing
The problem is with people treating other people like they're not even human

I'm not that faggot who posted his pic btw
>>
>>35126652
The information that is widely available are retarded "one cantaloupe a day" diets or shit like that, do you seriously call that good or useful?
>>
>>35126652
>Social shaming/harassment is the only way to cure obesity, more education will do nothing.

No
That's the way to get people too fucking triggered at even the mention of weight, to associate weight loss and fitness with assholes, and to get everyone, even people who aren't fat but have fat friends and loved ones against you to protect their kin's feefees
>>
>>35126671
>like they're not even human

What would you call this?
>>35126407
>>
>>35126671
Yes, and the excuses that fat people make.

A majority of the 'fat hate' spectrum is fatties making excuses, or demanding that people find them appealing.

The world shouldn't change if you have to make excuses.
>>
>>35126738
>What would you call this?

A fat ugly human
Point is, shaming individuals will do nothing
>>
>>35126721
>triggered
>kin
>feefees

>>>tumblr
>>
>>35126619
>they don't have enough food
Of course they do, what part of europe are you talking about? Is this something american's believe? That europe, at least western europe, is lacking? Especially in comparison to country several trillion dollars in debt? I'm honestly curious, especially because "europoor" is a thing.

But there are stricter food laws about what is allowed in food, and there's a lot less bullshit in the food. There's also a lot less bullshit food, period. A lot of cookies, cereals and candies are never exported, at least where I live.
>>
>>35126740
>or demanding that people find them appealing

That's such a small percentage of people tho, they're mostly contained on tumblr and you can smell the mentall illness through the screen when reading what they say
>>
>>35126754
Kin is a real world lmao
Seriously learn english

And I'm obviously using feefees and triggered to make fun of it, how stupid are you? Or how autistic I should ask, I hear autists don't know how to understand subtext.
>>
>>35126767
Fat people making excuses for their fat is not a small percentage. Literally every family gathering its this shit:
>>35126286
Acting like its some unattainable myth to be able to put down beer until at least the weekend, or to drive 10 min. to the nearest gym for an hour a day.

"I don't have the time" is bullshit, "I can't afford it" is bullshit, "I just like food" is bullshit.
>>
File: 1432890680031.gif (1 MB, 255x238) Image search: [Google]
1432890680031.gif
1 MB, 255x238
Just ignore the fat sympathizers, let's get back to good old fashioned hate.
>>
>>35126767
>small percentage
You sweet summer child. I'm guessing you don't have a Facebook account?
>>
>>35126801

This. I need my motivation to survive the holiday season.
>>
>>35126800
>Fat people making excuses for their fat is not a small percentage

Yeah that's why the part I quoted mentioning the fat people who think they're entitled and not the excuses part.
>>
>>35126767
>small percentage

Not one day passes when I see about 10 of these human tumors circlejerking about how great it is to be fat, and entire movements dedicated to promoting obesity, even a goddamn university course.

http://www.therebel.media/university_of_maryland_to_offer_full_course_of_fat_studies_assigned_reading_labels_dieting_as_special_enemy
>>
>>35126635
It might have been a woman at some point, but now it's just a genderless, asexual blob of fat.
>>
>>35126812
I do but I'm not really friends with anyone fat
The fat friends I have usually just post about their hobbies too
>>
>>35126819
But why ignore the entire point? Excuses, Insecurities, and Health problems.

I don't want to be weak, and seeing weak people motivates me. That's why I like fat hate threads.
>>
>>35126821
I don't know that site but just from the name of it I can tell it's some first world feminist thing
So what do you expect? It's like you guys WANT to be angry
>>
>>35126844
>But why ignore the entire point? Excuses, Insecurities, and Health problems

I'm nit arguing against your point buddy I just made an observation about that particular group of fats
>>
>>35126321
I think education is worthless without willingness to engage with the information.
>>
>>35126852
It's actually a Canadian conservative outlet that's against all the liberal, fat, muslim loving crowd.

>reading the title
>I can already tell

You're probably one of those fatties that reads a title like "Fatty foods linked to cancer blabla" and go "I CAN ALREADY TELL THIS HAS BEEN WRITTEN BY A PRIVILEGED WHITE DOCTOR" and then inhales a Nutella cake.
>>
File: Fat.png (250 KB, 505x584) Image search: [Google]
Fat.png
250 KB, 505x584
>>35126832
scrolled for 3 seconds
>>
>>35126821
Movements just don't disappear on their own. HAES and fat acceptanc get more popular and mainstream every day, SOMEONE has to stand up to this nonsense.
>>
>>35126327
I thought stretching your stomach leads to over-eating.
>>
>>35126898
>You're probably one of those fatties that reads a title like "Fatty foods linked to cancer blabla" and go "I CAN ALREADY TELL THIS HAS BEEN WRITTEN BY A PRIVILEGED WHITE DOCTOR" and then inhales a Nutella cake

What the fuck

And I meant the website's title
"The Rebel?" sounds like clickbait trite to me
>>
>>35125488
I come to these threads because they motivate me.
I was a bit chubby but never fat and now I'm in decent shape.
I would never say any of this stuff to an actual fat person, but the disgust I feel about the fat acceptance movement helps me stay focused.

So fuck off.
>>
>>35126899
Yeah, my facebook is plastered with "real women have curves" and pics of Marilyn Monroe. It's pretty ridiculous.
>>
>>35126353
this is on Bing's first page of results to "how to lose weight"

http://www.dietdoctor.com/how-to-lose-weight

>inb4 "no-one uses Bing"
>>
File: 1441111593600.jpg (41 KB, 599x752) Image search: [Google]
1441111593600.jpg
41 KB, 599x752
>>35124575
wow that's an oldie
>>
File: nbNPAF.jpg (614 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
nbNPAF.jpg
614 KB, 1536x2048
Can the fatasses pls go? We're trying to laugh at you.
>>
>>35126397
I think removing restaurants (starbucks, mcdonalds) would reduce the obesity rate a massive amount more than removing pasta and bread.
>>
>>35126973
What a butterface
>>
>>35126899
I tried scrolling through mine just now
Most are people talking about college
People commenting on other people's party pics
Peoole talking about TV shows (samurai jack is back)
About 2 posts of women making fun of men for having small dicks
1 was from a guy from the gym talking about some other gym
And 1 was a picture of a cake but that was from my grandma who uses the internet to find recipes everyday

Welp guess I'm lucky
>>
>>35126580
I remember one starbucks coffee being the same calories as a large plate of spaghetti bolognese.
>>
>>35126993
H I G H T E S T
>>
>>35126671
>if the fat threads was just that I wouldn't have a problem with them,
are you honestly expecting others to sit here and post nothing but images of horror for an entire thread without any humour, to make things easier for what must be a small number of unaware overweight people browsing /fit/?
>>
>>35126689
one of the top search results is a "wikihow" article which from the description seems oriented around calorie-counting.
>>
>>35126652
>moral/social problem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2lbTDq9VKU
>>
File: 1411871326731.jpg (32 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
1411871326731.jpg
32 KB, 480x454
>rice, quinoa, buckweat, beans
>this stuff is all cheap as fuck and i don't get bored of it
>why didn't i save money eating like this before?
>7kg heavier
>mfw
>>
File: angry gorilla.webm (104 KB, 352x224) Image search: [Google]
angry gorilla.webm
104 KB, 352x224
>>35126619
to be fair, she believes a rock with the atoms aligned in such a way, touched on your body will cure disease (crystal healing)
>>
>>35127026
While i disagree with butterface anon, that is absolutely not high test.
>>
>>35124943
i am down to 180 from 255, and even when i was obese, i thought fate-hate threads were accurate.

its not really hate against fat people.
its hate against fat logic, and the delusion fat people maintain.

just pure fatness is depressing... its the tumblrina fat-logic that brings the ment.

don't be so buttblasted
>>
>>35125589
>Would you take advice of some asshole that is constantly making fun of you?
if he was skinny....
>>
>>35126766
the UK has roughly the same proportion of overweight and obese as the US.
>>
>>35127141
For me she is a butterhair. Short hair = high chance of mental problems.
>>
>>35124804
no, her life is so shallow and meaningless that she tries to make connections with other humans through the least common denominator of living things: a flair for extravagant subsistence.
>>
File: 500.jpg (123 KB, 500x749) Image search: [Google]
500.jpg
123 KB, 500x749
>>35127161
You have too many fat fucks per square mile
>>
>>35124444
They probably love it and come back for more.

It's probably delicious.
>>
>>35127161
I think Australia and the UK are probably even fatter if you take into account that we have much fewer negroes and the ones we do have haven't been here long enough to get fat as fuck. (At least in Australia they haven't.)
Which is interesting because I can tell you that in Australia restaurants serve smaller portions and most soda does not use HFCS.
We don't seem to have as many megafatties as you do, though.
I think our fatness must be more widely distributed with less severe cases.
Or it could be that scooters are harder to get so more of our megafatties are housebound.
>>
>>35127161
Yeah. Sorry. When people say Europe I automatically think EU. The UK is the UK. It's never part of any supposition I make when I talk about Europe.
>>
>>35126221
Quitting wow was like coming out of a coma.

I didn't even experience feels while addicted to wow, it was magical.
>>
File: Dankestmemebro.png (75 KB, 772x414) Image search: [Google]
Dankestmemebro.png
75 KB, 772x414
>>35124376
People are fighting back against crazy.
>>
>>35127109
Wikihow is on TV now?
>>
>>35126392
>im an avid agreer on that.

Lol where did you learn English?
>>
>>35127097
Where's the humor though?
>>
>>35126951
>it's not about calories
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>35127137
that is what you get for "dieting" instead of counting kcals
>>
>>35127212
if it's socio-economic then race is irrelevant except in as much as it strongly correlates with SES in the US, ie. it isn't a causative factor.
>>
>>35127097
It wouldn't be a problem if it was contained on /fit/ but then people take it seriously and do stupid counterproductive shit like project harpoon or that edgy as fuck shit of giving fat people on the subway cards saying they're worse than pigs
>>
I'm slowly gaining fat and I'm scared.
Thinking about severly limiting carbs and going a lean protein/veggie diet. Anyone else try this to lose weight?
>>
>>35127270
Who the fuck watches TV?
>>
>>35127212
I agree, when someone argues on here that portion-sizes, HFCS and lobbying by food companies are behind obesity in the US I always think the UK having similar rates without any similarity in those areas is enough argument against that logic.
>>
>>35127317
Jesus Christ, just download MFP
>>
>>35127321
90% of americans
70% of the world
>>
>>35126766
>Especially in comparison to country several trillion dollars in debt?
hi there, retard.
i see you don't understand economics, even a little bit

https://www.quora.com/What-countries-owe-the-U-S-money
>The US owes a total of around 18.4 Trillion US$ Dollars.
>The Rest of the World owes around 15.3 Trillion US$ to the US.

UK, for example, is owed 11.4 trillion by the US, but owes the US 10.9 trillion.

you cannot have profit without deficit (idk how much you know about accounting, but the total sum has to equal zero), so when you manufacture controlled deficit, you raise the potential margin for profit.

that is why they don't just cancel out 10.9 trillion of debt, and have the US owe the UK a measely 500 billion
>>
>>35127270
the internet is widely available.
>>
>>35127279
in the hate.
>>
>>35127361
The internet has a fuckton of shit widely available but you don't really find it unless you look for it
>>
>>35126580
This is really the issue. People guess at how many calories they ate based on how full they feel after they eat it, not how many actual bioavailable calories are in the food.
People who think they can't gain weight no matter what, people who think they can't lose weight no matter what, just people with below or above average appetites, who consistently miscount their calories by fifty god damned percent on average.

>>35126587
This too. People should realize that "Health at any size" is an extremist group within fat acceptance. Fat acceptance just says bullying and concern trolling doesn't help, and you shouldn't assume someone is ignorant or stupid for being fat, that you don't have to be attracted to them, just not make a big deal out of being grossed out.
>>
>>35127313
I think your idea that there's a "nice" way to solve this is unrealistic. In the end like any intervention involving substance abuse it will turn ugly before it resolves.
>>
>>35127317
lift or be more active if you are not already, turn that weight-gain into muscle-gain.
>>
>>35126407
people this fat didn't exist 100 years ago. how is this obesity it anything but the product of access to a modern sededentary lifestyle. they would be dead if it wern't for air conditioning
>>
>>35125709
iktfb
Struggling to maintain 165 and hit 170 by end of year.
>>
>>35127433
I think the number if fat people who are actually addicted to food is much smaller than the number of people who are fat
Cause if not 70% of America is addicted? Doubt it
The addicts are likely the 300 pounds blobs and up, those are another solution that probably involves therapy
But for most people I think better education and positive reinforcement will do enough
>>
>>35127422
>People guess at how many calories they ate based on how full they feel after they eat it,
I would go a bit further and say on average people, especially unhealthy people, have absolutely no idea what is in the food they eat. The calories, the carbs, fat, protein, sugar, etc etc. I certainly didn't before I started getting fit.

Just a month or so with myfitnesspall really opened my eyes to what is in food I eat and changed my diet quite a bit.
>>
>>35127381
if by "look for it" you mean -one- internet search.

if you're unable to do that something went wrong somewhere (no self-efficacy, very low intelligence, unbelievable laziness etc.)
>>
>>35127459
>people this fat didn't exist 100 years ago
there have been fat people in history, they were just usually quite rich though. Being fat used to take money.
>>
>>35127422
>"Health at any size" is an extremist group
>#notallactivists
the moderates enable the extremists, the extremists dictate policy
>>
>>35127499
The point is that to look for it you have to WANT to look for it, it's not really taught to you whether you're interested or not like math or grammar
So you can't really assume everyone already knows it

I agree that it's easy to find, I don't agree that everyone already found it
>>
File: excuseme.jpg (54 KB, 500x357) Image search: [Google]
excuseme.jpg
54 KB, 500x357
>>35125488
They might be a minority out there, but if the individual already went out of his way to /fit/ most likely the person wants to change. Lots of people who want to change constantly post here that these threads are a huge motivation for them. And it is also a good laugh at the haes people.
>>
File: 1444776018356.jpg (264 KB, 1280x1863) Image search: [Google]
1444776018356.jpg
264 KB, 1280x1863
Obesity costs nations more than any other health problem. This is why fat people should be forced to burn off fat.

http://stateofobesity.org/healthcare-costs-obesity/

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/obesity-prevention-source/obesity-consequences/economic/

http://www.cdc.gov/obesity/adult/causes.html
>Genetic changes in human populations occur too slowly to be responsible for the obesity epidemic.
Fatties BTFO by the CDC.

http://www.fightchronicdisease.org/media-center/releases/new-data-shows-obesity-costs-will-grow-344-billion-2018

http://www.nber.org/papers/w16467
>>
>>35124943
200 down from 330 (actually up from 190, that's what I reached before I did a minibulk to hit 4.5plate diddy) and I disagree with you. Fat hate threads didn't kickstart my weight loss (the sticky did), but this is the kind of ridicule that fat logic needs. Allow me to explain.

I think that whether a fatty is willing to put in the work and lose weight is entirely up to them. No amount of negative or positive reinforcement will do shit if the person is doing mental gymnastics around it. This is true of all false beliefs and observed in studies, it's not just fat logic.

The real problem though, is that the fatties who are capable and willing to lose weight, are constantly being fed misinformation about their situation by self-centered fucks that are either exploiting or supporting "body positivity".

Can you imagine how many fatties are trying to find some basic information on how their metabolism actually works and how an effective diet can be planned? Wouldn't a hell of a lot more of them actually succeed in their goals if they could google the question and get the sticky in return? Instead they'll get millions of articles written by semi-literate, double digit IQ self-styled professors that are full of blatant lies and pseudoscience, trying to convince them that their condition is irreversible and to just give up and join the rest of the crabs in the bucket.

I genuinely realized something was wrong with what I was doing at around 20 years old. I tried all kinds of bullshit till I was like 23 or 24. I'd probably be on my way to 400 pounds or in an extra large coffin by now if that buddy of mine hadn't actually directed me towards the sticky. This most basic of information about one of our most basic needs shouldn't be this fucking impossible to find, but it is, and it's the fault of the people we ridicule and actively hate in these threads. They're subhuman, they're detrimental to the species and this is the least they deserve. Fuck them.
>>
>>35126081
get up and do it
>>
>>35127471
>70% of America is addicted? Doubt it
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normalcy_bias
If you think high-sugar diets aren't addictive I recommend you look into it.
>The addicts are likely the 300lb blobs and up
Your logic is like saying only those with liver failure are alcoholics, or only those who drink some amount.
>better education and positive reinforcement is enough
we've had that for a few years and I haven't seen much response to it, if anything I see more and more "acceptance". I've seen when someone "tries" to lose weight without a sense of how serious it is, it's not enough.
>>
>>35126149
>/fit/
>healthy
>>
>>35127611
>Your logic is like saying only those with liver failure are alcoholics, or only those who drink some amount.

No
It's like saying only those who drink too frequently are alcoholics or can't feel good unless they're drunk
Not those who drink too much when they go out
>>
>>35127611
>we've had that for a few years and I haven't seen much response to it, if anything I see more and more "acceptance".

Do you knkw what positive reinforcement means in this case? It means praising peoole for losing weight or for eating better. How is doing that aggravating the problem?
>>
>>35127550
the healthcare costs balance out in the long-run because the elderly are very expensive to care for.
>>
>>35127598
>it's the fault of the people we ridicule and actively hate in these threads

Fat people, the same people that need that helo you mentioned? Cause you guys don't ridicule just peoole like Ragen in these threads, there's a bunch of random people, some guys even take pictures of total strangers and post in these
>>
>>35127622
>what is "comfort food"
it isn't only for 300lbers

>>35127635
I'm suggesting having no negative reinforcement encourages an attitude of "nothing is seriously wrong" or "it isn't -that- serious".
>>
>>35125758
The food and diet and exercise industries work together in tandem to increase each others profits. Everyone wins when people get fatter because then fat people want to buy more diet supplements and shit to make them lose weight without putting in any effort.
>>
>>35127681
>it isn't only for 300lbers

But people don't get to over 300 pounds unless they rely on comfort food entirely too much
>>
>>35127681
That's not negative reinforcement, that's punishment, and that has side effects
>>
File: FeelsNiggerMan.png (743 KB, 466x626) Image search: [Google]
FeelsNiggerMan.png
743 KB, 466x626
>>
File: omg183[1].gif (2 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
omg183[1].gif
2 MB, 640x480
>>35127646
I hadn't even thought of that. The healthcare costs are steep right now cause the obesity epidemic is a relatively recent development in human history and we're not far enough ahead in the timeline for enough fatasses to have died early.
>>
File: image.jpg (178 KB, 1024x575) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
178 KB, 1024x575
>>
>>35127710
You are on the internet, the ultimate source of negative reinforcement. Just stay off the internet if you don´t like it. Or go to reddit.
>>
>>35127750
I'm not talking about me here
>>
>>35127646
False, the fat and elderly are expensive to care for. Most fat people get into their 50's and 60's and start having to go to the hospital every couple of weeks for this or that and then it continues like that for another ten or twenty years. Modern medicine can keep the fatties alive far past when they should have met their end.
>>
>>35124444
Witnessed
>>
>>35127700
not every alcoholic develops liver failure, as long as they don't rely on alcohol to numb their emotional pain too much - they are still alcoholics, though.

addiction isn't defined by how much harm you undergo, it's an observable pattern of neurochemistry.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Addiction#Mechanisms

Palatable food is mentioned multiple times in that article as activating the systems involved in addiction.
>>
>>35127710
>negative reinforcement
>punishment
I thought these are synonyms.
>>
>>35127700
My sister must be getting close. She claims that chocolate is a "tool of the trade for teachers". Apparently I hadn't realized that being a teacher means you must shove large quantities of chocolate down your gullet every day. That's a definite crutch on a comfort food that is causing serious obesity.
>>
>>35127737
Is age 27 the universally accepted age of the male prime?
>>
>>35127734
it has been projected by some national health authority (I lost the link to the assessment that was done) and they found obesity is predicted to reduce impact on the healthcare system long-term.

The end of it said something like "there may be other benefits to society to eliminating obesity, but helping the over-worked healthcare system is not one of them".
>>
File: 1437959226344.jpg (25 KB, 250x300) Image search: [Google]
1437959226344.jpg
25 KB, 250x300
>>35124943
>And if you feel like worthless shit you will never start believing that losing so much weight
Nice excuse fatscum, I wonder how many times you regretfully stuffed your disgusting face while thinking this

In the end you can't blame JACK SHIT on anyone else but yourself. Fat shame has the very real effect of combating HAES and keeping revolting people like you from feeling normal, even if fatness is becoming more common
>>
>>35127816
They're not
Reinforcement causes the subject to repeat the behaviors and can be positive and negative
Punishment causes the subject to stop the behaviors and can be positive and negative

Behaviorism jargon basically
>>
>>35127784
>it continues like that for another ten or twenty years.
except I assume the rates of early death are much higher when you're obese.
>>
>>35126448
>>35126495
fuck you socialist morons
i'll smash your head in with a barbell before i let you take away my bulking fuel
>>
>>35127471
>But for most people I think better education and positive reinforcement will do enough
tell that to D.A.R.E.
>>
>>35127852
If people can't blame things on anything or anyone on themselves how can you guys say fat hate can be credited to help people lose weight? That's their work nothing to do with your shitty thread
>>
>>35127853
obesity is usually solved by stopping behaviours, not by repeating them.
>>
>>35127899
Full retard
>>
>>35127881
>tell that to D.A.R.E.
DARE is worse education, not better. It's some AA or abstinence tier bullshit created by old ignoramuses with absolutely no actual scientific methodology applied whatsoever.
>>
>>35127911
>resorting to insults
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.