[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SPLIT BROS, help me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Skinny arm.jpg (63 KB, 1109x614) Image search: [Google]
Skinny arm.jpg
63 KB, 1109x614
Guys, I need help.

I've been doing 3x5 for three months now. I gained 25 pounds and my strength has increased significantly. But yesterday I was at the gym, looking in the mirror, and suddenly I was disgusted with what I saw: a lanklet with huge quads.

I like getting stronger but deep down I know looking good is what will make me happier overall. I still have a few months to bulk before spring and I need to maximize my arm, chest, and shoulder gains in that time.

Do you have any recommended bodybuilding routines?
>>
>>35123343

Throw in dips and chin-ups
>>
>>35123343
12x3 and 313 frequency for workouts such as chest, back, arms and shoulders
>>
>>35123387
I added dips & chins after the 4th or 5th week.

Dips: 3x5 with +50lbs

Chins: yesterday I did 9, 9, 6 resting 3mins in between

SS+accessories has not fixed my lmao14inch t-rex arms.

>>35123401
12x3, meaning 3 sets of 12, correct? OK, but what exercises do you prefer? And how often?

I don't know what you mean by 313
>>
Look up any sort of PHUL routine or PPL.

http://www.exrx.net/Workouts/Workout3PPL.html do compounds 5x5 and everything else 8-12x3-4
>>
>>35124187
313 is the tempo of the lift to increase time under tension...the first 3 stands for 3sec for the first part of the movement and 1 stands for how long you hold it for at the end of the first movement and the last 3 stands for 3sec for the last part of the movement
>>
File: 1448827869094.png (214 KB, 400x325) Image search: [Google]
1448827869094.png
214 KB, 400x325
>>35125067
oh god not this autist again

fuck off with your garbage
>>
>>35123343
Progessively overload on compound upper movements like dips, bench, ohp.. remember to also do pull movements so your posture won't get fucked and do 4 set of curls twice a week
all while eating a surplus ofc
>>
>>35125067
Tempo manipulation is 4 numbers.
Eccentric
End of eccentric
Concentric
End of concentric
>>35125269
fat powerlifter who does "pause squats" detected
>>
>>35123343
Upper Lower split is simple and easy to program.

On either day, pick a main, heavy, compound lift to work at consistently improving. Squat and bench works.

Do that big one first, then fill in the gaps with compounds with sets of 8-fuck it whatever. Add in some isolations later when you plateau.

Bench 4x6
Chins 4x failure, or with weight
Rows 2x something
OHP 2x something
Finish with a quick superset of flies, forward and reverse, and maybe curls or something. Abs. Just whatever. As long as you smoke yourself on the first couple of big exercises.
>>
Classic 5 day.

Chest
Back
Legs
Shoulders
Arms

I like to do core/abs with chest, some people do it every day.

What to do on each day: compounds however seems to work for you, followed by high volume and isolations. If you like 3x5, leg day would be something like 3x5 squats and then 5x10 of other leg moves like SLDL, lunges, calf raises etc.

Very simple, very effective. Demonized on the internet because it's recommended by people who are actually strong and good looking rather than by a fat man from Texas.
>>
>>35124226
PHAT changed my life. It's also wearing me out but meh, Christmas is near, I'll take a week off then.

The gains are insane though.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.