[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Medfags help me out real quick When I stick a finger under my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (389 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
389 KB, 1280x960
Medfags help me out real quick

When I stick a finger under my right collarbone like this I feel a movable bump (one that can even move up above to the top of the collarbone) and when I put my finger beneath my other collarbone I don't feel any similar bump present.
Can somebody fill me in on if this is okay or not? I googled it and saw there are lymph bodes near collarbones and that people can get cancer lumps under them but I couldn't find anything mentioning any kind of bump near the same spot I feel mine.

Here's a picture of where I feel it.
>>
If you're really concerned about it, see a doctor. Personally I'd say quit digging under your bones and stop looking for problems when you're probably fine.
>>
>>35119893
I wasn't like looking for it, I just ended up finding it and the lack of something similar on the other side concerned me.

And the reason I'm asking this anyway is to decide whether or not I should see a doctor, I only want some kind of information on this and if it could mean anything or not.
>>
File: its-not-a-tumor.jpg (48 KB, 452x348) Image search: [Google]
its-not-a-tumor.jpg
48 KB, 452x348
>>
It sounds like an inflamed lymph node. It's probably benign so you have nothing to worry about . Sometimes lymph nodes get like that. I have a lymph node that is like that (or maybe just larger then normal) on my forearm. If you see a doctor they might want to biopsy it to get a more definite answer. Of course it's up to you.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virchow%27s_node ruh roh
>>
>>35119876
D O C T O R
O
C
T
O
R
>>
Nursefag here, yes it could be a supraclavicular lymph node, I assume it's not tender since you did not mention it in your post so I wouldn't worry about it. It could also be a cyst, which you also shouldn't worry about.
>>
I have the same thing! I think it's due to my shoulders being asymmetrical, and there's some kind of strain going on there because it hurts when I run (repetitive jarring motion) but not when I lift or play basketball.
Are your shoulders asymmetrical?
PS I asked my doctor 6 months ago and he said it wasn't cancer but never said what it was
>>
I've had lymph nodes swollen under my jaw and armpits before, doc said as long as they are movable and aren't growing it should be ok. They went away a couple of weeks later.

Go to a doctor anyway, but if it is moveable and not rock solid it is unlikely to be a tumor. Don't keep poking at it as that can irritate it and you end up with a huge lymph node pressing against the bone.
>>
>>35119876
I have the same thing except it goes over my right collarbone. I probably should have had it checked out when I first found it but I assumed it was just a vein or something.

Anyway it's never caused any trouble other than me hating the way it feels when I touch it but so you're probably safe but I'd still go to a doctor if you have insurance or something.
>>
endstage AIDS
>>
Medfag here,

supraclavicular benignly swollen lymph nodes are not common, they tend to be lymphomas.

Go, see a doctor immediately
>>
>>35121425

Is it painful to touch? Can you move the lump?
Does it feel rather rou or soft?

Did you have any kind of infection in the last weeks/months?

Do you have fever?
Have you lost 10% weight (without intently cutting)?
Do you sweat so much during your sleep, that you have to change your pyjamas?
>>
>>35121440
>rou
rough

And btw, only lymph nodes >1cm are worth investigating, but I guess yours is larger. Otherwise you probably wouldn't have noticed.
>>
He's talking about his scapula. OP your shoulder girdle is probably unstable and uneven because you are a dyel. Keep working your shoulders and do your shoulder Accessories. It'll fix itself in 2 months.
>>
>>35119876
>I stick a finger under my right collarbone
ayylmao nochest detected

but go to the doctor seriously
nobody here knows shit about this stuff
>>
>>35119876
lymph node
>threeead
>>
>>35119876
autism node, don't concern yourself with it, some people are just born with one
>>
>>35120084
>>35120485
it might be
goddamn this si why i hate internet diagnoses
>>
>>35121440
>>35121486
OP here
It's like a moveable lump (as in moveable in 3 dimensions) and it's like a centimeter in diameter, if even that. It doesn't really hurt to mess with, it's just more uncomfortable to do this than anything.

Thank you all for the responses, also.

>>35121527
No, the picture in the OP is a right side up image of me with my finger beneath my left collarbone (with my finger going under from the too of the bone near the bottom of my neck).
>>
>>35120485
>The finding of an enlarged, hard node (also referred to as Troisier's sign) has long been regarded as strongly indicative of the presence of cancer in the abdomen, specifically gastric cancer, that has spread through the lymph vessels.
Wait what?
Can somebody please expand upon this?
>>
Is it hard or softer?

If soft its probably a lipoma, go to a dermatologist just in case anyways. Asking a Cambodian crayon factory website anything health related is sketchy.
>>
>>35122851
It sounds fine. Lymph nodes can become noticeable randomly. If it was me though I would definitely want somebody experienced to examine it/me.

How is your health overwise? Any weight loss? Fever? Recent illnesses? Or other lumps or bumps?
>>
>>35122875
>>35122875
Please somebody help me out with this
I'm freaking out kind of
I get frequent heartburn and sometimes have general upper stomach discomfort and constipation regularly, and I'm generally fatigued though I can't tell whether or not this is because of my depression or not.
>>
>>35122950
Well like I said in >>35122875 I do have stomach discomfort very regularly, I typically over obsess on things (I have OCD and Aspergers and ADHD) so when it comes to this kind of thing I have a hard time being able to discern whether I should truly be concerned or if I am overreacting so I have never really thought I needed to do anything about my stomach discomforts.

One thing to note is that (I guess?) I have control of my esophagus? I mean this I that I can generally purge anything at will at any time. I do this whenever I feel like something is wrong for whatever reason (this is caused by my OCD). I also sometimes have to stick toilet paper into my anus and massage it to help me to make a bowel movement whenever I feel that there is something else. If I just push then the pink stuff comes outside of my anus and I know that's not good so I try to prevent myself from doing this.

And in general no recent illnesses I know of.
>>
>>35122875
Lymph nodes that are large (> 1cm) and hard are suggestive of cancer.

Lymph drains from the abdomen via a duct that enters the venous system at the area around the left shoulder. Therefore cancer cells from the abdomen can travel up the lymphatic system and settle in the lymph nodes in the left shoulder region.

This lump, however, does not sound like cancer though. Less than 1 cm, mobile, uncomfortable (tender) are all signs that it is benign (not cancer). Other signs of benign lymph nodes are that they are soft and regular in shape.
>>
>>35122960
Are these symptoms new? How long have you been fatigued, constipated etc.?
>>
>>35123004
Your purging would explain your heartburn and upper GI discomfort. Vomiting regularly can damage the sphincter that keeps acid in your stomach.
>>
>>35123004
If you don't already you should definitely talk to a psychiatrist about all this. Your problems sound psychological.
>>
>>35123005
Exactly how would you describe "hard" as being? And how can I discern whether what I'm feeling constitutes "uncomfortable" or not "uncomfortable? I obviously know what the word means but I don't know to what degree this feeling is supposed to be in a healthy/unhealthy state. Like when I move it around it's numb completely but after I stop I sometimes feel discomfort I that general area, though I have a hard time being able to tell whether it's from the bump itself or just from the area around it.
Also it's worth mentioning that I can physically move it to the very top and slight outside of the collarbone itself.
>>35123021
I'd say I've had these symptoms for a while, but I can't really say specifically. What would be the problematic amount of time for me to have had these symptoms?
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 680x715) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 680x715
>>35119876
>UNDER my collarbone
>>
99% of mysterious "oh-god-is-it-cancer" lumps are just lipomas brah
>>
>>35123070
I so see a psychologist (I see her today actually). I've only just recently begun to see this one but on my first visit to her I actually brought up these things and my fear of the body and of death, we haven't gotten back to it yet though just due to everything else that I am trying to address with her.
>>
>>35123099
The fact that people are saying this is a lymph node that, when enlarged can be an indicator of cancer, is what makes me more worried than anything now.
>>
>>35123088
That's why it would be good to get a doc to look at it. It's hard to conduct an examination over an Indian tuban tying forum.

The fact that it so mobile is a good sign though. I'm guessing you're young as well so there is almost a 0% chance its anything to worry about.

Go to a doctor anyway but for psychological help. Your purging is doing you damage.
>>
>>35123131
so what size would be problematic?

And thanks, and like I said I am getting all the help that I have the ability to receive.
>>
You have lymphoma. Go to a doctor NOW.
>>
>>35123898
???
I get you're joking but can you verify this to me please?
>>
Anything else?
>>
Anything else?
>>
Anything else?
>>
>>35119876
It's a lymph node bud. I've had the exact same thing on both sides of my collarbone for years, it's harmless.
>>
>>35119876

it's probably a harmless tumor or cyst. If it gets any bigger, go see a doctor. If not, don't worry about it. I have one of those on my left forearm and another on my lower left back. Just small bumps that never grow/change/feel any sensation.
>>
>>35129278
I've read though that having one enlarged lymph node on one side of the body and not the other is a bad sign, is this true?
>>
>>35129377
that's called lymphoma bud
>>
>>35123004
So you do voluntary colon prolapse??

Nigga wtf is wrong with you???
>>
>>35129461
How is it voluntary?
I don't even know how it happened, it just comes out whenever I push. I've had this habit for a long amount of my life. What is causing the prolapse specifically?
>>
>>35129384
Can you not just use scare words and please say something in a way that is helpful and informative?
>>
>>35129313
>it's probably a harmless tumor or cyst.
This p much. Neck areas get these a lot. It'll probably disappear as mysteriously as it came.
>>
>>35119876
fuck you nigger
>>
>>35129935
>scare words
lymphoma is a cancer. you probably have non-hodgkins. it's usually pretty deadly but it's also much more common in old people so there's a good chance you'll be fine.

dude go see a doctor i don't know what you want from us
>>
>>35130493
then why am I being told I'm fine if it's moveable and not any bigger than like a pea
>>
Hey OP how old are you? It might be a genetic disease called Sarcoidosis where your lymph nodes swell up. It doesn't cause any issues unless the lymph nodes are attached to an organ, an even then they arent necessarily fatal.

Its apparently slightly common for whites and blacks of european descent
>>
Medfag here. I don't know if you're there OP but look for other lumps in your armpit/right arm. Have you been having night sweats or unexplained weight loss? Collar bone nodes are classic signal nodes.
>>
>>35131063
He doesn't have fucking sarcoid.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 355x236) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 355x236
Okay medbros I need help too...
>be me
>liftan six times a week
>go to gym pissed off one day
>lift a little too much with bad form due to being pissed off
>no excuse
>pinch nerve
>right tricep and right pectoral dead for a few months
I got the clear to lift again and have been back at it for a few months now but my lifts involving those muscles are still lagging. I'm uneven as fuck, any advice? Pic unrelated
>>
why not, thats how it started for me
>>
>>35131416
What are night sweats? I can't tell what that is. How do I discern between just being hot sweaty and being unusually sweaty? And I just checked under both my armpits and I stuck my fingers in a bit and didn't feel anything. ANSI don't know of any kind of unexplained weight loss. Probably the most unhealthy thing happening to me right now is my lack of sleep.
>>
>>35132249
Medfag #2 here. Don't be scared, but do check if you have any other lumps. Have had a soar throat lately? cavities, maybe? If it moves, it's a good sign. Does it hurt? Also, be careful when manipulating it. Also, any fever? Headaches?

I am hypochondriac so I compulsively check my nodes which after some time has given me perpetually increased lymph nodes.
>>
its a lymph node, they get swollen when you fight off infection/get sick/randomly. If it doesn't go away or continues to grow progressively or hardens (or appears in other areas-- google where lymph nodes are -- groin, armpit, collarbone) then go see a doctor/.

webmd will tell you all this bullshit about lymphoma just chill.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.