[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post your favorite keto meals. Just made a mexican omelet, fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: unnamed.jpg (85 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
85 KB, 480x480
Post your favorite keto meals.

Just made a mexican omelet, fucking delicious.
>>
>>35119874
recipe?
>>
>>35119912
sure, but it's just something i threw together quick, so guesstimating the exact measurements

4 eggs
12 oz ground beef
3 oz cheddar cheese
170 grams of onion and bell pepper mix

seasoning:
1-1/2 tsp chili powder
3/4 tsp ground cumin
1/2 salt
1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp hot smoked paprika
1 tbs olive oil

brown ground beef, drain. use half of oil and sautee onion and peppers to desired doneness. mix beef and pepper mixture together and add seasoning plus some cold water, set to simmer on low. in the meantime scramble 4 eggs and add 1/2 tsp salt. heat other half tbs of oil to pan, pour in egg mixture, reduce heat and cover. once slightly brown flip over and sprinkle over 3 oz shredded cheese, pour ground beef mixture over cheese, allow cheese to melt, fold and enjoy.
>>
>>35119983
oh and i used 80/20 ground beef btw if you're counting
>>
>>35119874
>keto
how is this meme still alive

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16403234
and half of you do it with SFAs instead of UFAs, which is absolutely retarded unless you are under 8% bodyfat, and you aren't because if you were that lean you would know how important carbs are (or you would have non-functioning hormones)
>>
Anyone got any good examples of what a keto diet for a week might look like?
>>
>>35120067
>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16403234
>Isocaloric VLCARB results in similar fat loss than diets low in saturated fat, but are more effective in improving triacylglycerols, HDL-C, fasting and post prandial glucose and insulin concentrations. VLCARB may be useful in the short-term management of subjects with insulin resistance and hypertriacylglycerolemia.
>article literally says that keto diets are good
Are you some kind of fucking retard?
>>
>>35120750
Yeah I've seen people post that study a decent amount, but after actually reading it I don't really see much of a downside to keto. It would have been nice if they had included a low carb group that had very few saturated fats with a high amount of unsaturated.
>>
>>35120529

Basically, as long as it's meat, cheese, egg, or a non-starchy vegetable (e.g. broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, spinach, etc. no potatoes) you can have it.

Oh, and some nuts are ok too. e.g. almonds. No peanuts.

And absolutely, positively no sugar! Sugar is the real killer, not carbs in general.
>>
>>35121105
Damn... I was getting my carbs and calcium from 2 cups of vanilla soy milk and then some carbs and fat from a spoon or two of peanutbutter. I guess I can try replacing those with other sources, but damn I'll miss sweet food.

Do you know of many uses for cream cheese, bleu cheese, and avacados without having bread?
>>
>>35121057
Can put stress on the Kidneys if your already have reduced Kidney function it can become a problem.
>>
>>35119983
>12 oz ground beef
>3 oz cheddar cheese
>1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
>1/2 tsp hot smoked paprika
>1 tbs olive oil

>"""""""""""""""""""mexican""""""""""""""""""
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.