[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
my legs dont work
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: squats.jpg (27 KB, 594x526) Image search: [Google]
squats.jpg
27 KB, 594x526
hi i just went to the gym am new to it im 18, 5'7 115lb and i did squats i did 45kg and i was fine walking home but i just fell down my stairs??? as soon as i took a step down my legs just gave out and i can get up them easier then down... i can literally not even go down my stairs it takes 10 mins... is this normal? did i do something bad?
>>
It was probably just poor luck, your quads fire off a bit slower after leg training, you'll usually notice having a bit of unsteadyness going down stairs after training legs. I've been training for about 6 years and I still sometimes stumble down the stairs outside my gym after heavy leg day. There's a scientific explanation due to depleted glycogen stores and such as to why your quads and hamstrings brace poorly after squats but the short version is you just had poor luck and probably werent expecting them to give out. Just be more careful from now on
>>
Post a picture
>>
>>35119588
>18
>5'7
Prepare your anus, newfag
>>
>>35119628
Kek
>>
>>35119588
You did good son. I'm so proud.
>>
This is called muscle failure due to proprioreceptors in your muscles and ligaments. What probably happened is that you overexerted your muscles, which means they just weren't used to to that kind of workout. Your muscles afterwards sensed an overload from going down the stairs, and part of the reaction chain to keep your muscles and ligaments from injuring themselves is to "drop the load." Those are called GTO's or Golgi tendon organs, and they cause your muscles to stop receiving nerve innervation when they sense a load that is too great for your body to handle.

You didn't injure yourself, but your body is reacting in a way to keep yourself from actually doing just that. Sometimes after a hard leg day and sprinting my legs will give out a little as well.

Get used to it, but try working up to a heavier weight a little more slowly.
>>
>>35119588
Good job, Rook. Just wait until tomorrow's doms
>>
>training legs
literally why
>>
Go down the stairs backwards.
That's what I do the day after I run way too much.
>>
>>35119588
>he doesn't crawl down the stairs on his hands and knees after leg day
>>
>>35121230
What a faggot amirite.

>Not making glorious torso gains crawling down the stairs

Kill yourself OP
>>
>>35119628
>115lb
>52kg
Still enters male bathrooms
>>
>>35119588
That's fine you didnt' do anything wrong. You're going to find that your muscles are going to hurt like 1-3 days after the workout but that will eventually stop happening after a couple of weeks so don't let it put you off. Also make sure you get some advice/do some research about a routine. Lots of people starting off waste months or even years with shitty routines/diets so don't be one of those guys
>>
>>35119588
Literally the same thing happened to me when I started with training two weeks ago, left the gym and almost fell down the stairs because my legs somehow forgot what they need to do.
>>
>>35121230
>guy has "leg days"
>>
>day after leg day
>seated ohp
>70kg
>stand up
>can't stand up
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.