[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT I'm trying out for my local football league. I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 584x468) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 584x468
QTDDTOT

I'm trying out for my local football league. I'm 6'2 195. What position should I try for? It's a very competitive league.
>>
Receiver or corner
>>
>>35119404
left right off
>>
>>35119404
Are you fast?
Are you athletic?
>>
goalie
>>
Does the barbell need to be locked in place to do t-bar rows? It shouldn't roll around or anything right?
>>
>>35119404
coxswain
>>
>>35119404
height and weight alone doesn't tell you jack shit about what position you should play
but definitely not a lineman
>>
>>35119434
I'm generally athletic, I ran track in high school. I'm also pretty strong. Bench max is 280, squat is 400
>>
>>35119404
what age are you
>>
>>35119502
also what kind of league
>>
>>35119404
African Americanback
>>
Your build suggests that you should be a reciever or a defensive back
You could be a QB but I'm guessing that since youre asking us what you should play, youre probably already aware that you throw like a noodle armed woman
>>
>>35119535
db if you're an absolute scrub who can't catch
you're basically just playing to give people concussions
>>
>>35119535
I played wide receiver at Michigan State. I've changed physically since, that's why I'm asking
>>
Is 60kg squat 100kg deadlift proportional? I want to get to those by christmas
>>
>>35119553
>I played wide receiver at an FBS school
>ask random strangers on a weight lifting board what position I should play
>>
>>35119553
if you played wide receiver you already know that you need to stay at wide receiver
it's for softies, especially in college
>>
>>35119553
>played wideout for a top football program
>asking shitlords on a Polynesian sweatshop forum what to do

Cool story daquan
>>
>>35119587
Can I haz ur memes ??? XD I'm so random
>>
>>35119603
Fucking pussy loser
>>
>>35119615
Plz can I haz memes? ? ? ? I love memes
>>
w-we're all gonna make it right?
>tfw saw the girl ive had a crush on and been flrting with for the last 4 months holding hands with another guy
I'm in that weird zone where I'm relieved because it means I can finally move on, but at the same time, I've thought about her daily for 120 days and it lead to nothing

if I hit a new DL pr tomorrow will she fall for me?
>>
>>35119404

I'm 6'2. 192 pounds at maybe 14-15% bodyfat.

Should I do a mini bulk for 6 months at 1.5 pounds a month and then cut down leaner? My lifts aren't the best and I really want to get them up.

Or should I cut down to 10-12% before starting a real long term lean mass phase.
>>
I just recovered from a lower back injury and I'm deadlifting for the first time today lads, any advice?
>>
File: batman.png (186 KB, 274x440) Image search: [Google]
batman.png
186 KB, 274x440
What football playing position should I try? I'm 6ft1in 220lb weightlifter. I can run 100m in less than 12 seconds and I am pretty strong, but I have very small hands for my size, so catching the ball is not easy.
>>
>>35119730
Start from very low weight (around 40% of your max) and increase 45lb every week after that.
>>
>>35119817
I mean form wise
>>
>Be me, fatty, eating low-carb calorie deficit
>Just flat out run out of gas during workouts

Redpill me on pre-workout supplements. Worth it? Snake oil? Any particular brands you want to shill for?
>>
>>35119827
Dunno. Just don't try to break any PRs the first time you lift after an injury. Thats what I'm saying here.
>>
>>35119404
Weight doesn't matter. Your 40 time will really dictate what you play. What's your bench and power cleans like?
>>
File: 1440947314177.jpg (38 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1440947314177.jpg
38 KB, 500x500
>>35119471

Yeah, it shouldn't move around. Put it against the wall and it should be good to go.

>>35119560

You can check symmetricstrength.com (or similar websites) for the strength standards. That will give you a good idea.

>>35119713

If you're 14-15% you should bulk a little bit. You won't get more bodyfat if you do it right and train properly.

Cutting to 10-12% will make it really hard to get stronger. Of course this is a very personal thing, it really depends on your genetics and stuff.
But most people find better and faster results training at the 14-15% bf range.
>>
>>35119497
You fit the build of a lot of guys who played OLB on my teams through college. Maybe gain a few pounds but for amateur leagues it isn't gonna matter much.
>>
>>35119788
Linebacker
>>
How close will my 5RM be to the weight I use for 3x5?
>>
I had my christmas vacation plans change recently and now it turns out I'm going to a tropical beach instead of skiing like originally planned. I'm in the middle of winter bulking and don't want to look like a fatass on the beach so I am planning on going on a crash diet from now until Christmas, the only thing I will eat will be multivitamins and protein powder. As long as I keep up the protein intake and keep lifting I shouldn't lose too much muscle right?
>>
I'm running GSLP and tonight I felt like my form was shitty after my first set of back squats so I stopped (I'm old and have old back injuries and don't roll the dice with that shit). I'm pretty new to this. SHould I take another shot at it and assume it was just an off day? Or should I reset now?
>>
How do I know if I have narrow inferior shoulder width?
>>
>>35120012
Wrong

Your test lvls will crash, muscles will wither to nothingness and you will be skinnyfat once again
>>
>>35119553
>I played wide receiver at Michigan State
not likely
>>
>>35119404
Goalkeeper.
>>
File: Sky2.jpg (105 KB, 538x694) Image search: [Google]
Sky2.jpg
105 KB, 538x694
Why play foot ball when you could play Ultimate frisbee?

>more athleticism requires
>more intricate cuts
>omg the babes
>social events
>tight nit communities

If you are athletic you will excel, and will have the time of your life guaranteed.

>pic related, Big Athletic guy owning.
>>
>>35119553
Then why are you asking? You already know what you bring to the table. Oh wait, are you lying on the internet? Please say you're not.
>>
What's the last thing you eat in a day while cutting? I don't like waking up hungry, but I also don't want to overeat.
>>
Who should I bring to my corporate holiday party?

Option A:
Tiny, sort of hyper energetic Asian chick (works a very white collar job so presumably knows how to tone it down in professional situations).

Option B:
Busty, sort of intimidating African chick (works as an IT engineer).
>>
Has anyone here tried HIIT? Does it really works?
>>
>>35120180
Whichever one is hotter
>>
started bulking from skelly past few months and kicked it into high gear this past one. gained a record 10 lbs in november. would it be ok to add another work out day to my schedule (already do 3 full body workouts alt light/heavy per week. or should i cut back and stop eating so much senpai?
>>
>>35120508
They're both hot, but in different ways.

Petite Asian vs curvy African. Their faces are too different to compare directly.

See what I'm saying?
>>
>>35120574
Go with the Asian. She is more likely to keep it toned down and it's not how hot a broad you can bring to a party; that becomes meaningless if she makes a bad impression and you can't control her. Corporate goons tend to lack a sense of humor (no offense)
>>
>>35120574
iunno im thinking the curvy african. dat ass will make guys mire and grills h8, giving you mad social status at your office.

tiny asian chicks are everywhere. if she was an exception, like a dat ass asian, then i'd say so, but nah she sounds typical. go with the busty brehs ebony
>>
>>35120603
Yeah maybe. I guess I just feel like a walking stereotype, white guy in software bringing a small Asian girl to a party.
>>
>>35120614
This is a solid point.
>>
hey arm bros... i need help with biceps. im doing hammer curls 4x12 on back days, 2x a week. i need something to target the short head (non-peak) of the bicep though.

I tried wide grip barbell/ez curl today, but it's giving me left elbow pain, and today was the first time i did it too with low weights and shit. Anything else pls? Hammer curls give me no pain at all, but i want something for short head biceps. Are cable curls good?
>>
>>35120614
This is legit but he implied that the black chick is intimidating and would be hard to reel in. He doesn't want to look like a beta bitch, better to blend in.
>>
File: 1448418700587.jpg (30 KB, 400x602) Image search: [Google]
1448418700587.jpg
30 KB, 400x602
How come every time I do any sort of exercise focused on one leg that is lagging behind, it's always the other leg that feels like it's being worked??? Bulgarian splits, barbell lunges, I don't ever feel it in the weaker leg wwttfff. I've been concentrating on "activating" it, but I don't know if it's working.
>>
>>35120635
I'm not intimidated by her though; I've just observed that she intimidates others.
>>
>>35120631
just do supinated db curls
>>
>>35120614
Yeah, but she's black.

I always get mad jealous when I see a white guy with an asian girl. White guys and their stupid yellow fever.

So if you want to make other girls jealous, I'd say asian. Plus more dudes are into little white asians than busty intimidating black women, I think.
>>
>>35120656
ok i'll try that next workout thanks.
>>
>>35120666
>So if you want to make other girls jealous, I'd say asian.
wrong bro.

see, you're prolly in school. in the work corporate world its different. Especially if OP is in a big city with a lot of asians already, like SF, NYC, etc.

tiny petite asian is too typical. literally 0 social status, almost like a "yeah i settled with this chick". nothing inspiring about them.

>Yeah, but she's black

I really hope you don't believe this fucking 4chan meme. Real world aint like this weeaboo site at all. If a chick has dat ass, dem tits, great bod... it does not matter at all about race. Again, I'm talking about real world, not 4chin dank 17 year old muh SS stormfag frontier.

>So if you want to make other girls jealous AND guys mire, I'd say black. Plus more dudes are into fucking ass than tiny 90lbs petite shit
FTFY
>>
>>35120666
So it comes down to whether I want to make coworkers feel jealous or intimidated.
>>
>>35120688
Yeah there are tons of white male + asian female couples in my city (large coastal metro area in the US).

I'm leaning towards bringing the African chick.
>>
>>35119483

Yes it does
>>
I enjoy cardio, but i am clean bulking. Is it worth to just eat more food and do cardio, or should i stay clear?
>>
>>35120706
there you go bro. I'm in a large city too, Toronto. Asian women everywhere, you get over yellow fever real quick. Same thing in Cali, NYC, boston, texas, etc.

I only turn heads when a /fit/ as fuck, or booty tooty/busty asian chick comes in the room now, stopped caring for the tiny petites on the treadmill after seeing too many of them daily.
>>
>>35120717
Just do more cardio, dont eat more unless you actually start losing weight from the cardio.
>>
>>35120721
Yeah the choice seems obvious in retrospect. Gotta head out; thanks for the help.
>>
I went to the gym today and only did 1/3 of my chest work out (bench) due to time constraints, is it ok to do some chest exercises tomorrow?
>>
File: 1202151431a.jpg (2 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
1202151431a.jpg
2 MB, 4160x2340
What does my bf% look like? I just started lifting
>>
tips for fixing pec size? one side is bigger than the other and more full looking, can I continue to add weight or should i stay the same weight until the other side catches up

sidenote i'd rather not do dumbell presses
>>
What would be the fastest way to gain cardio ?
The most efficient exercices or type of exercices ?
>>
My squat is the same as my diddlylift. Is this normal?
>>
>>35121077
>sidenote i'd rather not do dumbell presses
Too bad because unilateral exercises are the best way to fix asymmetries.

>>35121095
Whatever gets your heartrate up the most. Doesn't matter what piece of equipment you use, as long as it lets you go all out.
>>
One of my gym bros told me I should be doing abs after every workout. Literally why do I need to do ab accessories?
>>
>>35121034

99%
>>
whats the difference between training 6 days a week and 4 or 3? would training 6 days a week result in greater gains? I am thinking of doing Serge Nubret after I am done with ICF
>>
>>35119788
I'd say linebacker in general but im leaning more towards outside lb. if you were like 10-15 lbs heavier i would say inside lb.
>>
>>35119830
Go to your local supplement shop and talk up the person there. They'll bro science you into getting a product that you might have more steam with

Otherwise, caffeine pills
>>
>>35119830
save a decent amount of your carbs for preworkout snack and cop some caffeine pills family, maybe creatine if you don't mind the water bloat.
pop 200-400mg and go lift
>>
>>35121095
for football?

>sprint down the track
>job back
>sprint down the track
>job back

football is way more about agility and powerful bursts of strength than cardio endurance.
>>
I got back to lifting after a year of cancer and chemo gains, I've been at it 2300kcal a day and training 4 days a week and after 2 weeks now the weight isnt going down. My TDEE is 2800, I weigh and MFP all my food too. What gives? I dont cheat with food or drink alcohol
>>
>>35119553
Why the fuck would you not continue to play wide receiver then

>>35119560
proportional bench:squat:deadlift should be roughly 1:1.5:2. So your deadlift is a bit ahead of your squat.
>>
>>35119827
What do you mean formwise? Use good form. Although I guess you probably weren't using good form before.

Take a deep breath, expand your chest, and contract your lumbar and abdominal muscles, keep your shoulders back. That will keep your back safe.
>>
I began my EC stack today. I accidentally took double the initial dose for the trial day, but I doubt its much issue.

By following normal dosing, when should I truly start to notice results on my body? Almost immediately I noticed the warmth and full feeling, as well as concentrated, so I'm hoping the other areas of it will kick in quickly as well.
>>
Guys what position should I play? I'm 6'6 and am actually currently a qb on an nfl team
>>
>>35119830
The only effective pre-workout is caffeine. Creatine is a well-proven supplement but doesn't have an effect within the same day you consume it. It's a cumulative effect.

>>35120012
Don't do that dumb shit. Do a regular cut til then. You won't have time to cut a lot but you will cut some and you will preserve your gains. Doing a crash diet is not good for you.

>>35120574
Take the African girl. Go in and intimidate them with your muscles and you intimidating date. Achieve top social status in your office.
>>
>>35120631
Only lift I know of that specifically isolates the short head is wide grip barbell curls. If your elbow is hurting it's possible you're trying to grip it too wide.

>>35120894
When would you next be working chest? If tomorrow is normally a rest day, and then you wouldn't be working chest the day after, then sure. Otherwise just wait until you do chest next.

>>35121034
Pretty hard to tell from that picture, man. Maybe 15-20%? Doesn't look too bad.

>>35121077
sorry mate, dumbbell presses are the best way to fix that

>>35121095
What is your goal? If you want to improve your cardiovascular performance as fast as possible HIIT is probably the best. But you won't improve your distance endurance without doing distance endurance.

>>35121112
Your deadlift should be ~30% or so higher than squat theoretically but your situation isn't too unusual. I wouldn't worry about it.

>>35121135
When do you do abs otherwise? I do them after every workout too. If you already do abs in a different place in your routine, obviously don't add them at the end as well.
>>
>>35121151
3 days a week or every other day is better for recovery for most people. 6 days a week is only workable if you're experienced and you have a really finely tuned routine to ensure your recovery is still ok. If you need to ask, I would stick to 3-4 days a week.
>>
>>35119404
Long snapper
>>
File: 1445306214278.jpg (47 KB, 634x434) Image search: [Google]
1445306214278.jpg
47 KB, 634x434
What do you guys do for shoulders? I'm revising my routine and not sure what I should do, or if it matters. Right now I'm doing lateral raises on A days and OHP on B days. I've already got 2 relatively comprehensive compounds in each day, and I'm not sure if it would be too taxing to replace one of my shoulder workouts with upright rows.
>>
sometimes after a workout even if i'm sore i don't sweat a lot, does that mean my workout was bad and i should feel bad?
>>
>>35121325
It probably just means you didn't sweat. If your muscles are tired your workout was good.
>>
File: 1448458568666.jpg (4 MB, 2438x3101) Image search: [Google]
1448458568666.jpg
4 MB, 2438x3101
I am stalling on my squats and deadlifts.
First know I am a 5'3" 122lb grill.
Squat 125×5
Deadlift 115×5
Do these suck? How much better can I get? Do I just need to eat more?
>>
>>35121399
What's your routine, and what's your diet like?
>>
>>35121353
t-thx anon
>>
File: 1408612289215.jpg (32 KB, 601x350) Image search: [Google]
1408612289215.jpg
32 KB, 601x350
Gym fucking closed until "further notice" so I couldn't go tonight.

Was going to do pull routine (back, biceps)

What can I do at home until tomorrow (legs)? I have a pull up bar and a set of 10 lb dbs. Should I just study for finals? :(
>>
Homegym master race here.

I usually do some ABCxABCx routine and that worked fine for me. In addition I would take my time to rest inbetween sets for up to 5 minutes.

I had to go abroad for some time and was forced to go to a gym here in order to continue working out. This way I am wasting a lot of time going there, waiting for stuff etc., while also not having a lot of spare time and consequently am forced to do my workouts faster. So I changed to ABxABxx (since they are a greedy jew gym it's weekdays only) and do 50% of C on A and the other 50% on B.

Today, first day in gym, I did some ohp, pullups / biceps, squats. I was doing my ohp just fine, even with only resting 2 or 3 minutes between sets. However, my performance during pullups was kinda bad and when I finally got to do squats I was pretty much pooped already and stopped after 3 incomplete sets. All in all I somehow finished the routine in about 1.5h, while I would usually take around 2.25h for all these excercises.

I know it will probably get better at some point, but for now I don't think I can load up more weight any time soon, as it will take a while to just get to the previous level at that pace.

Any experience or advice on how to deal with that? When will it get better?
>>
>>35121589
take a deload with body weight routines for a week and focus on studying brah
>>
>>35121641
What is the question?
>>
>>35121654
but i just pr'd on deadlift and squat :(

i will do that next week!!

for now tonight i will do bodyweight routines
>>
>>35121659

the part with the '?'
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 640x1136
suddenly when I was doing pull ups last week, the side of my right arm (see the picture, I don't know what the muscle is classified as) got this sharp pain when lowering from the pull up. I've been doing pull ups for a long time now, so why this suddenly happened, I've no idea. A week later with replacing pull ups with pull downs as a temporary measure(which does not hurt), it's not much better.
I have an almost full ROM when doing pull ups (which I now have read that isn't so smart, so I'll cut it shorter), and it's only when I'm a little over halfway down that the sharp pain happens.
It feels like that the muscle that hurts is the same muscle as the one which gets used during side lateral raises, the deltoid then, right?
What should I do to prevent/fix this pain? I've also been adviced to push my chest out, lower my shoulders and contract my scapula more when doing pull ups. So I'll do that as well! Still hurts if I lower past a certain point though. Sorry for weird English, not my first language, hard to explain things in great detail.

Tl;dr: pain in side of arm when lowering from pull-ups, see pics, what do? Pls help
>>
File: image.png (868 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
868 KB, 640x1136
>>35122057
Another angle. Let me know if you need more to pinpoint which muscle it is. Because apparently I don't know shit about arms.
>>
I once read on here that high fats are good for rest days.

Why?
>>
>>35122057
Stretch and do more lateral raises I guess
>>
How much weight is there in a 1pl8 lift?
>>
>>35119404
protips for reracking weights?
>>
>>35122057
That's your deltoid. Do deltoid-exercises and lay off pullups until you can do it without any pain again.
>>
>>35122117
from thirty yards or more.
only.
>>
>>35121113
>>35121172
>>35121288

I need to step up my cardio game for boxing.
>>
Are above kneecap hurts when I do body weight squats. Should I not squat tomorrow?
>>
>was skinny
>ate big to get big
>now kind of skinnyfat but much stronger

Looks like I may have to cut and start again. Fucking wasted time. Shd I just hop on gear?
>>
QUESTION!

As your body can only maintain a particular amount of muscle at a certain bodyfat% and height...

If I don't train my legs and just trained my upper body would my upper body grow more than if I train upper and lower too when reaching my genetic potential
>>
When I have heavy weight on my shoulders (squat or ohp) it feels like it's really pushing down on my chest, inhibiting my breathing. My breathing is pretty shallow as it is, and with the added weight, it feels like I'm being squished. Is this normal? Been lifting for 3 months.
>>
>>35122552
How about you train at all, and go from there?
>>
>>35122794
What is diaphragmatic breathing?
Do you not even valsalva?

You mean in rack position I hope.
>>
Should I get taurin as a preworkout and creatine to gain weight and also as a preworkout?

I'm currently taking whey 3-4 shakes every day for 50g every portion, it's some weight gainer protein powder so it doesn't have as much protein in it as some pure whey would have.
I'd take the creatine and taurin 2 hours before working out and then increase my lifts combined with my bulk diet and the protein shakes I'm hoping for massive gains.
I read up on it and creatine will bloat your muscles and take away the definition, but once you stop taking it it will get used up and after 2-4 weeks it should be out of your muscles completely so I'm not really worried about that.
Generally the only thing stopping me is that I feel like I'd be taking too many supplements and since my diet is already fine as it is and I feel like I'm maxing out on my gains but would taurin and creatine be of any use to push it to the next level or would it make barely any difference?
>>
>reposting this here since no replies

hey guys, I'd very much appreciate some input on this since I am currently at a loss for what to do

starting off a bit about me: I used to be /fit/ and had a good two years under my belt but my inherent back issues (likely minor scoliosis fucking with a nerve) caught up to me and basically made me stop

together with that I developed some pretty shitty hypothyroidism which basically made lifting impossible, so I basically haven't touched a weight for another two years

anyhow, since I'm now being medicated and feeling alright, I've decided to pick up lifting again

the problem is that I cannot do squats because of my back and that I am using a home gym consisting of a barbell, weights and a squat rack with safety bars, ergo no leg press or extensions machines

deadlifts, on the other hand, are fine

can I program deadlifts in a way that'll let me replace squats with them? I was thinking higher volume with less weight and sort of sitting down deeper to transfer most of the work to my quads and then just doing some romanians for my hamstrings

obviously I know from experience how to keep my cns and lower back from getting overtaxed so that's not gonna be an issue

>how would you guys program this?

appreciate your answers guys
>>
>>35122942
I'm going to be honest it seems like if you cannot do any kind of squats you're fucked.

What about front squats? They are a rehabilitation excersize pretty much and don't strain the back as much and you're still hitting your legs good on lower weights.
>>
My posture has definitely improved since starting lifting but I'm pretty sure that it's still terrible.

When looking at my back in a mirror its clearly rounded at the top, so I looked up improving thoracic mobility.

The site I found said to diagnose crap t mobility lie on the ground, keep your lower back in contact with the floor and put your hands overhead with wrists on the floor.

So I did that but my lower back is nowhere near touching the floor, does this mean I've got slight APT/lordosis as well?

Is there much I can do besides lots of stretching and mobility work for both lumbar and thoracic spine?

Also why is foam rolling lower back a bad idea?
>>
File: image.png (503 KB, 962x1058) Image search: [Google]
image.png
503 KB, 962x1058
how do you do rear delt flyes? with palms facing floor or you twist at the top of the lift so your thumbs are facing down?
im doing the pic related with bench as pad, im doing it correct or the second pic is the right way?
>>
>>35122958

honestly, even at the height of my lifting after having worked my flexibility for two years I couldn't really do front squats because of my proportions - I have very long legs and quite a short torso

I'm afraid they're not an option

I'm only really asking about deadlifts because I've tried every regular squat variation, even going as far as lunges but it's sadly not working

granted at some point in the future I will move and make the switch to a commercial gym with leg machines, but until then I'd rather get the development I can out of any available exercise
>>
>>35122989
Have you tried cross armed squats?
How can you not be able to do it?
My legs are like 5/8 of my entire body I feel and I can still do front squats.
>>
File: Dumbbell_Upright_Row1.png (43 KB, 540x360) Image search: [Google]
Dumbbell_Upright_Row1.png
43 KB, 540x360
>>35122978
This strong fat guy at my gym mixes rear delt flys with pic related. It doesn't look stupid. Is it a decent idea?
>>
>>35123003

it's literally impossible for me to both keep my heels on the ground and stay upright

i did do them over half a year at lighter weights just trying to make it, but in the end it was a no-go

and yes, i've tried those, doubt my back'll like them now though

for whatever reason it just seems my back just doesn't like me moving up and down with a weight on my shoulders
>>
>>35122962
Your low back won't rest on the floor automatically. You have to use your abs to push it down. The reason you do this though, is that if you don't, then you can still "pass" the t-spine mobility test simply by compensation and moving somewhere else instead.

>>35122942
Have you tried Bulgarian split squats?

>>35122978
Both ways work well. Do one variation for a while, then switch it up.
Make sure you keep your arms straight out to the side and not only flared some 45 degrees like in the bottom picture. Otherwise your lats and other muscles will be doing most of the work.
>>
>>35123032

>Have you tried Bulgarian split squats?

no, but I will definitely give them a try

thank you
>>
>>35123015
I suppose it could save you a little time combining two exercises into one.
As long as you're not using momentum from your back to get the dumbbells moving.
>>
>>35123042
They can feel awkward at first, so make sure you give them a fair chance. Legit exercise, and it's actually possible to work up to using very heavy weights.
>>
>>35123045
Good tip senpai, thanks.
>>
>>35123052

yeah I figured as much from looking at them

feels promising enough since it'll let me double the pressure on my legs, figure anything that'll decrease the pressure on my spine (and place it anywhere not on top of it) is a good thing
>>
I'm feeling some stiffness in my lower back. Can anyone recommend some exercises that can help relieve this permanently? I'm doing the back extension machine at maximum weight for like 3x20 reps, back extensions on that thing with the handles for like 3x15 reps with a 15lb ball, and setups at bodyweight. I also stretch on a Precor stretch thing and swim after every workout.

Anything else?
>>
>>35123118
Have you tried resting to let it heal, you're putting a lot of strain on such a small muscle.
>>35122941
pls someone respond
>>
>>35119830
Get some coffee before your workouts. Also wait between sets until your heartbeat goes back to normal. That's what helped me at least.
>>
>>35123139
It gets rested every other day. I'm not sure if the stiffness is in the joint or the muscle tho
>>
Will I ever make it with this face/head?
>>
>>35123173
I really don't know if such high intensity could be rested away in just a day or two.
I directly hit my lower back directly once a week and still feel it in my compounds the workout 2 days after.

It really sounds like you're not giving your body enough time to rest but if you feel like it's a joint thing then I can't help you because I don't know anything about joints in the lower back.
>>
>>35123139
>someone respond
The effects of taurin won't be noticable. Save your money.

Take creatine after training, not before. It's better absorbed this way and will still be "ready for use" next time you train.

Creatine does cause water retention but intra-muscular water retention, which means that it does not ruin your definition. If anything, it makes your muscles look bigger in the same way that eating a bunch of carbs does.
>>
I sometimes feel a sharp pain in my back (like a sting) when I lift things up
It doesn't stop me from working out and is random
Should I get it checked out?
>>
>tfw trex
Bench is 125, squat is 225, dead is 285 for working sets. Everything is going up except bench. Bench stalled hard.
Wat do?
>>
>>35123209
Will creatine be enough as a postworkout ''preworkout'', or is there any preworkout I should take besides obviously caffeine pills.
>>
>>35123210
>Should I get it checked out?
No.
Chances are whatever doctor or physiotherapist you go to will at best be able to make guesses at what's actually going on in your back.
Add to that the fact that when people (including you) get diagnosed with something it tends to lead to fear-avoidance habits, catastrophic thinking, nervous hypersensitivity and ultimately more pain.
If it's not a big problem, don't turn it into one.

Make an effort to learn proper lifting technique though.

>>35123223
You're going to have to provide some more details, pal.
How are you training now? For how long? Any injuries or weak points? How do you feel about your form?
>>
>>35123252
>is there any preworkout I should take
That's going to come down to personal opinion, I'm afraid.

Personally I'm not a fan of PWO supplements. Basically you have two choices: a supplement without stimulants or one that does contain a stimulant (not counting caffeine).

PWO supplements that don't contain a stimulant are often quite expensive compared to what little benefit they give. Honestly you're better off without it. Unless you have more money than you know what to do with.
People have gotten swole for a hundred years before any PWO supps were around.

PWO supps that do contain a stimulant (which is basically a designer drug) are usually very effective and will help you have an awesome workout. There are two problems though: First of all, you WILL become psychologically dependant on the supp - starting to think you can't have a good workout without it. Secondly as with all stimulants, you quickly develop a tolerance toward it, meaning that you will either no longer feel an effect or have to begin mega-dosing it, which is definitely not healthy.
And these are also expensive, of course.

This is all just my personal experience and opinion of course. I recommend caffeine only, and ONLY for when you feel tired. If you feel OK, man the fuck up and go without it.

This is all assuming you're getting plenty of proper nutrition, of course.
>>
>>35123298
Ok I'll just use creatine then with my whey I already have, I didn't want to take too many supplements anyways and I don't want to fuck my liver too hard.
>>
>>35119892
I was on the skinny end of skinny fat - doing lots of cardio but eating utter shit.

Went on a big cut when I started properly lifting so got noob gains whilst getting cut, and cut all the way to the point I could clearly see viens running from above my dick all the way up my oblique.

Started bulking and not adding much belly fat and I now know cutting is easier for me so not got this big bad 3-6 months of death looming when I decide to cut.

I tell people to cut first as they see abs, and if they want to then add muscle they can but a lot just want to be slim and have a bit of muscle
>>
>>35120090
That's they guy that made the YouTube trick shot videos
>>
>>35120173
Get a casien protein, have with water before bed.

Slow release compared to whey
>>
>>35120653
Then she's the one
>bring high test black qt
>tell her who's a cunt
>she intimidates them
>you're banging her and they know it
>film for chanbros
>net profit xD
>>
>>35123253
About 5 months in, doing SS with mixed accessories (back extension, chin ups, crunches, dumbell pulls, triceps rope pull). No weak form that I can think of, just really sore progress on chest.
>>
I started doing SS and been making pretty good progress over the last 2 months, haven't failed a single squat/DL yet. But now my back starts to hurt and I'm questioning my form. I took a week long pause to let my back regen but I'm still feeling it. should I wait with going back untill it's all gone or lower weights and go again?
>>
>>35123825
Wait for the pain to go away and use lower weights, once you have the weights down you WILL make quick progress on weights if you eat right.
>>
>>35123837
>once you have the form down
meant it like that
>>
I have very thin wrists and weak grip because of it I think, I deadlifted today and my grip is failing even though the weight is not that heavy. Especially on my right hand, I could feel my thumb letting go of the bar and barely holding it with my fingers and was worried I would just let it fall. Should I just use straps?
>>
Alright, fit. I am on candito's strength/control routine. What do I do if on my heavy lower day I was only able to do my squats at 3x3 instead of the 3x6? I am a weak fag so my work weight was only 170lbs.

Do I deload or try again?
>>
>>35123895
I have the same progress, your grip strength will come you just gotta stall a while and progress slowly.
>>
>>35123837
allright, thanks
>>
Can someone suggest me a good bro split beginner programme?
>>
>>35124102
google
>>
>>35123927
Bump for this. If you fail should you try once more or deload immediately?
>>
>>35124137
Oh yes, because someone who is new to weightlifting can judge perfectly whether a training programme is good or not. There is just too much bullshit on the internet about workouts and fitness, can't trust Google anymore.
>>
I've hurt my lower back so I'm not allowed to to any squats/deadlifts, or any other leg exercises for that matter, but I will continue training my upper body. Can I still run Canditos linear program, but only upper, 3 times a week?

It would look like:
Monday - Upper Heavy
Wednesday - Upper Control
Friday - Upper Heavy

Is this okay or should I restrict myself to two days per week? Also, the next week, should I run two control days so every exercise day is different, or stick with the above scheme?
>>
>>35124159
How many days do you want to do your split?
>>
>>35124182
>How many days do you want to do your split?
Preferably 5
>>
>>35119404

Cheerleader
>>
is there a routine that has you do short workouts every night?

i am now working 2 jobs and i really only get about 30 minutes of actual free time

i have equipment at home that i was using before but now i dont have the time to do the usual routines

what i want to do is like a 20~30 min workout every day to keep fit is that a possiblity
>>
I want to try body recomposition.

Would doing keto at TDEE (or slightly below) with 1.5g p bw of protons be a viable method? Note that before I bulked up I was a skinny shit.
>>
What muscles do reverse chin ups work? (by that I mean - stand in front of the bar, place arms at your sides, rotate them backwards until they are vertical, grip the bar with palms facing away from you, pull)
>>
is it a good idea to DL 3x3 instead of 1x5
I'm intermediate, going up back to my old DL which was around 4 plates 5rm after a pause
'm at 3 plates right now
>>
>>35124316
>body recomposition.
use tren
>>
>>35124229
I don't think you'll find any premade routine that fits your needs, but that doesn't mean you can't make good progress with only 20-30 minutes a day.
There are many ways to go about it obviously, but if I were you I'd opt for a minimalist approach and pick a single compound exercise for each day and just work that one really hard and call it a day. It would have to be an exercise that offered the most bang for your buck, naturally. That means the basic fundamental movement patterns; pull, push, squat, hip hinge primarily.
Stick with one (reasonably balanced) selection of exercises for a while and then when you begin to go stale on these, swap them out for other variations of similar exercises.

>>35124316
Give it a try, but in my experience body recomp is extremely ineffective.

>>35124397
...You mean pull-ups?

>>35124697
Depends. Doing low reps will get you good at doing just that, low reps. If you do other exercises such as Romanian deadlifts, glute-ham raises, rows, back extensions etc. for more volume so you're still building muscle, it can be a viable way to train. If you train in a more minimalistic fashion 3x3 is probably going to be too little actual work to give much results.
>>
>>35119404
if a girl just said hello to me and stumble for a moment and then said good morning did she just spill spaghetti?

if so, this is a milestone in my life.
>>
>>35124229
do a split
desu it's not a really good way of training cause training ed would make you have very ow volume and you'd lose time in warming up etc
you can train calisthenics ed untill you do difficult tricks
also you could try doing some fullbody routine and cutting it in hlaf with pull one day and en push
I wouldn't advise it though
I'm not sure about
>>
>>35124756
you having a stroke there buddy?
>>
>>35124743
>If you train in a more minimalistic fashion
I just got a new job here I'll have to wake up at 4 so I'm modifying my routine to extra low volume to balance the fatigue until I get used to it and then I'll add some more volume
I was thinking 3x3 woud be a good compromise between fatigue and progression as I'll rest more and do less reps allowing me to continue uppng the weight and at the same time adding total volume considering the fact I'll stop doing RDL I was doing until now, at least for a while.
thanks btw
>>
>>35124754
I believe she did, yeah.

>>35124771
kek'd
>>
>>35124756
>>35124771
lol
I lost the end of my post somewhere
worst part is I can't even remember what it was
>>
>>35124796
thanks, i can never talk to her again
>>
>>35124743
No I mean something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExxIVIU0mjQ
(palms that way or facing away from you)
>>
>>35124826
Mainly a bunch of muscles in your upper back. It's not really an exercise anybody would do to build or strengthen any particular muscle, as far as I know. I'll admit I'm no expert on calisthenics, but it looks like more of a party trick than a productive exercise.
>>
>>35123927
>>35124150
I wouldn't deload in this case since you got a minimum of 3 reps. If you had failed to get 3 then I would recommend a deload. From now on total the amouy if reps you get and add weight according to that number.

6 total reps add 2.5lbs
7 to 11 add 5lbs
12 or more add 10lbs

Check out powerlifting to win. He talks about this in his novice program.
>>
>>35124869
Hmm, thanks.
>>
What's the best advice you could give a 170lbs 5'10 16y/o that has been lifting for 5 months?
>>
>>35125006
Chase performance, not fatigue.

Get your diet in check.
>>
>>35124823
Fuck she talked to me again mission failed
>>
>>35123192
No
>>
File: CjLZiFf.png (146 KB, 554x439) Image search: [Google]
CjLZiFf.png
146 KB, 554x439
>lovely evening planned with my friend's wife
>he finds out and decides he should come, too

wat do? cancel?
>>
>>35119404
Middle line backer if you stack on like 15-20 more pounds. You have a decent build for outside linebacker if you're strong and decently quick. However it won't matter how big you are if you don't know how to play. Example being when I played football in hs my fellow middle line backer was only 5'10 200, he was equally strong as our 6'0-6'2 guys but the difference was how skilled he was. This was in Alabama for reference.
>>
>>35122057
As other anons said, that is your deltoid, and you should do stretches and some moderate deltoid exercises before you resume pullups. Your arms might also be too wide. They should only be a little further out than shoulder width.
>>
>>35122105
135 lbs. 2 45lb plates plus the 45lb bar.

>>35122279
HIIT is probably best for boxing

>>35122490
Stop squatting until it no longer hurts.

>>35122520
If you're much stronger, don't cut yet. You won't jump straight to looking, stupid. If you're gaining weight and are a lot stronger than before then you're doing it right. You are retarded.

>>35122552
No. Your body doesn't have an overall limit of muscle that it distributes up or down. You are retarded.
>>
Is there a specific doctor for joint problems?

I saw 2 doctors for my shoulder, first my primary care doc and then an orthopedic doctor and both have been wrong on my diagnosis. I'm 99% I have a problem with my GH joint that keeps popping the humorous bone out of the socket caused originally by scapular dyskinesis. I don't know where to go, I've been rehabbing it myself by using the Internet but it would be great to get some professional advice from someone who actually knows how this joint works.
>>
>>35122941
Drop your retarded mass gainer and get Jarrow whey protein. Taking creatine will help you, taurin is not very well proven. Neither of those will make you bigger though. Creatine makes you bigger but only because your muscles retain more water. It will make you 3-5% stronger though.
>>
>>35123042
Seconding for Bulgarian split squats. They're good.
>>
>>35122978
They're both right. Tilting your hands probably transfers some of the work to your tris.
>>
>>35125722
RHEUMATOLOGITSS
>>
>>35123173
That's not enough. Take a week off from doing lower back exercises.

>>35123223
Double check your bench form. Are your chest or tris better? Whichever one is weaker, spend a week or two doing isolations for that group instead of bench, and then start benching again.
>>
>>35125729
I don't have any problems with my protein powder it's also whey, so I don't see the difference.
Yeah I read up on creatine and it seems like a good buy and I'm going to get it.
>>
>>35123895
Slow down deadlift progress to what your grip can handle, squeeze the shit out of the bar, and consider adding some reverse curls.

>>35124397
What you described is a chin up. Chin up=palms face away, pull up=palms face you. Chin ups work your lats, rhomboids, the lower portion of your traps, teres major ("armpit" muscle) and moderately works your biceps, brachialis and brachioradialis (biceps and the inside muscles of your elbow brachioradialis is the "fap muscle"). Pull ups transfer most of the work in your traps and rhomboids to your biceps.
>>
>>35125006
Focus on cardio and your diet. Don't lift heavy. You can fuck up musculoskeletal development by lifting heavy when you're too young. Yes, I know athletes lift heavy in high school. That doesn't make it good for them.
>>
>>35123199
It felt a lot better today senpai, so I rested it. Gonna see how it goes tomorrow.
>>
>>35125274
Why the fuck were you going out with your friend's wife
>>
>>35125815
Mass gainer is usually protein powder cut with a shitload of sugar and shit that they charge more for. You are getting better value and benefit if you buy something that is 90%+ protein powder with no additives, because the protein is the part that actually helps you.
>>
>>35125882
No I mean something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExxIVIU0mjQ
>>
>>35125951
Oh no man it was actually dirt cheap and I count my macros so I'm not worried I'm 77kg and I take a total of 90 g of protein every day in supplements and ~~110g in food.
>>
Trying to help my 57 year old mother get into better shape. I know fullbody routines burn alot of fat and are good for beginners. But is that to much for someone out of shape at her age would a higher volume lower intensity split be better for her?
>>
>>35125999
That's just a cool trick. You will be laughed at if you do that in the gym.
>>
>>35126071
that's way, way, whey, way overkill

http://bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/
>>
>>35126220
Get her professional advice. You cannot apply teenage male broscience to a 57 yo woman, you're only gonna do harm.
>>
>>35125914
Momscience.
>>
>>35126357
All that thaught me is that I might have to count some protein into my calories and hence look into my diet a little more complex which I'm not going to do, but also I won't use the average worth of 1.8g for every kg because that's an average worth.

If I actually wanted to know how much protein my body actually uses I'll have to go to a doctor and get my actual worth but since I won't do that I'll just overeat on protein since it literally does nothing bad to me.

Fuck the police this motherfucker is going raw, ain't such a thing as too much protein and I like hefty farts.
>>
File: 51LV1XdZKPL[1].jpg (37 KB, 366x500) Image search: [Google]
51LV1XdZKPL[1].jpg
37 KB, 366x500
Are these worth using? I was just given one and I'm trying to figure out if it'd be worth using while lifting or running.
>>
>>35126480
Do you actually know what to do when you know your heartrate?
>>
>>35126480
It can get in the way when lifting.

For cardio could be a little useful, I guess.
>>
>>35126491
Tweet about it
>>
>>35126505
ok
>>
>>35125927
Because he doesn't appreciate her like I do.
>>
>>35126527
>>
Does anyone else get gym anxiety once you start breaking into heavier weights? I've been going to the gym consistently since August, and now that I am starting to get into heavier weights, I find myself getting a lot more anxious before going to the gym. I guess I am worried I won't be able to progress on my lifts and lose my motivation. Or maybe this is the day I injure myself. It's hard to pinpoint. I used to be amped up to go to the gym because I KNEW I was gonna make progress and feel good afterward. Now I am not so sure and it fills me with anxiety until I get it over with. Anyone else deal with this? Any tips for keeping a good state of mind before a workout?

I am heading to the gym as soon as I finish my coffee so any advice now would be really appreciated.
>>
>>35126220

My mom is 55 and doing the same thing. We got her a personal trainer. She's been going since August and honestly looks the exact same though, I am not sure how hard she pushes herself. I guess at that age, the objective of exercise is to stay the exact same rather than "improve" your body.
>>
>>35126691
I have that too.
I forced myself to do my lifts and almost cried afterwards because I didn't increase my lifts in 2 weeks.
Generally you're just hitting a wall and need to work through it and try to force it every time you lift?
I don't know.
>>
whats the difference between low bar and high bar squats?
>>
>>35126691
Try smelling salts before a lift. It helps stop you from psyching yourself out. You just go primal and lift that that thing.
>>
>>35126730
High bar is on the top of your shoulders, rests against your neck.

Low bar rests on the shelf of your rear delts.
>>
>>35126730
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw
>>
>>35126727
Guy you replied to here. It really sucks when you can't increase lift weights. I have been working on increasing reps rather than weight at the moment to keep myself motivated.

I also live on a shitty college student diet and don't eat near enough to constantly grow, so I know my noob gains are gonna end at some point in the next 6 months.

Honestly I have only had to totally quit squats and deadlifts because I fucked up my back. Everything else has kept progressing, but I almost quit lifting altogether after I woke up with acute lower back pain after 2pl8 squat day.

I dunno, all of it combines to give me a lot of anxiety. It's also harder to progress on bench press now because I prefer to lift alone, so I can't get a spotter. I think I will stick to dumbbells today, I am up to 85lbs on those.

>>35126734
I actually have a can of the old school jack3d formula I picked up in high school about 7 years ago. I took a scoop before a work out about a month ago and have never sweated so fucking hard during a workout in my life. I had to go rent a towel from the front desk to wipe down everything I was using it got so bad. Plus my heart rate was going insane. I have used the stuff before when I was 20 without the same side effects, but the other month pretty much put me off the stuff. I think salts would be far worse than that, although I know you're kidding
>>
>>35126796
Smelling salts aren't a joke and they don't change your heart rate.

Seriously, try it.
>>
>>35126796
I dunno man I don't wanna stop squatting, I had a similar problem with deadlifting and I just forced through it but it happened on the same day and it wasn't over weeks.

I'll just try to increase my weights every time I squat and if I can't do it I'll stall and try again next time.
>>
>>35126810

Are you talking about bath salts? Wtf kind of salts are people smelling before exercise?
>>
>>35126835
You don't know what smelling salts are? Google them. Nowhere near similar to bath salts.
>>
>>35126835
basically ammonia. clears your head, wakes you up.
>>
>>35126848

I just did. I see people talking about ammonium caps in army first aid kits. This is wild. Maybe I'll see if I can scoop these at Kroger or Target this week.
>>
>>35126835
>He doesn't partake in the salty jew
>>
If I start shaking violently, get stiff joints, and almost completely lose my motor co-ordination from skipping lunch (to the point where making a sandwich is difficult), while "jet lagged", does this mean I have diabetes? Or can jet lag alone cause such a response (textbook hypoglycemia) due to histamine cycle etc?

Also, can I consume aspartame or will that fuck shit up even more?
>>
>>35126875
What the fuck, go to a doctor nigger
>>
>>35126875

are you fat? be honest
>>
>>35126875
What the fuck dude you're possesed by the devil
>>
>>35126885
I might. Would suck if it's almost diabetes and I could have prevented it from going full just by going to a doctor.

>>35126888
Nah, slightly skinny fat... Not enough to be risk zone for diabetes, except I don't work out atm. But on the other hand neither do I smoke or drink much alcohol, and I'm too old for early onset and too young for late onset, and there's no diabetes in my family. So I'm really not in the risk zone, which is part of why I haven't visited a doctor already. I've only had this for less than a week, coincidentally about as long as I've been jet lagged. If it doesn't go away with a normalized sleep cycle, well, then I might be fucked.

>>35126896
No it's almost certainly hypoglycemia it's something with insulin levels and ATP and glucose and stuff. Your muscles basically shut down, and your body tries to wake them up with adrenaline, making you a walking dildo pretty much.
>>
>>35119788
>>35119788

Your build sounds like the stats they give batman in the arkham games. You got batmans build bro?
IF so, forget football, fight crime.
>>
File: 1448111432109.png (322 KB, 591x716) Image search: [Google]
1448111432109.png
322 KB, 591x716
>>35119404
IF I GO ON A DIET 300 CAL DEFICIT WITH A 3200 MAINTENANCE CALORIE DIET, AND I ONLY CONSUME 30G OF CARBS A DAY, AM I GOING TO BE TOO KETO OR NOT ENOUGH? THIS SHIT HURTS MY HEAD HELP ME FIT
>>
>>35126942
You need to eat wtf how are you cutting.
>>35126956
I don't know keto but I hink 2% carbs max so yes?
>>
File: 78714302_640.jpg (25 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
78714302_640.jpg
25 KB, 640x360
>>35126942
Then what the fuck was the point of you asking?
>>
>>35120646
Get someone to critique your form. Also, consciously start sets with the lagging leg. You may be caught in a psychological limb dominance thing or whatever. It happens for various reasons like irrational fixations, poor form, or injury
>>
>>35120043
Measure your shoulders
>>
>>35122057
bruh you've got like 5 different muscles/tendon connections in your shoulders. Do you have to dig into your shoulder to find the pain? Is it a little stringy bastard that has the centerpoint of pain? I strained my rotator cuff years ago and the pain is still there, albeit really small and dull.

It sounds like you may have strained your rotator cuff based on your description of a very specific area of pain during a very specific point in your range of motion.

Here's the thing about that little bastard that more people need to learn. It can only support about 5 pounds. If you're exerting trainable muscle groups passed the point of exhaustion, your body will compensate and pass stress onto lesser muscles AND your skeleton. Like, when you struggle on bench with a rep and start twisting around like an idiot or whatever, thats your pecs failing and other muscles/skeli trying to help out. It's ridiculously stupid to do this. It causes cereal injuries. Don't do this.

So ask yourself, have you been a little dumbshit who goes into the gym like once a week, gets pissed that you're not bigger, and then goes hard until you're really tired? If so, you might be a newbie scrub, and this injury might be your first lesson in PACING YOURSELF.
>>
>>35126965
I am eating, but the effects become violently apparent if I skip lunch only. I clearly have to stuff my face until this dies down, but what I was concerned about was if it was a known fact that histamine cycle errors (jet lag) and skipping a meal could alone cause severe hypoglycemia.

On wikipedia the listed causes were diabetes, severe systemic and localized infections, kidney failure, tumours, liver disease, hypothyroidism (which can be similar to jet lag), starvation, metabolism error (also related to jet lag), and drugs including alcohol.

So, I'm hoping, the hypothyroidism and metabolism errors are similar to jet lag/circadian cycle error, and that this is thus the cause, because the other options are r8 nasty.

>>35126975
If anyone knew if circadian cycle errors could cause hypoglycemia, and if anyone had experienced something like that while cutting on a fucked up sleep cycle. Or if I have diabetes and am about to die.
>>
>>35127122
First you go to a doctor real fuckig quick, second there is nothing we can do with that information.

Give us your macros how much are you eating how much should you be eating are you taking anything unrelated to the food that could cause this?
>>
How is even possible to eat more than 2.5k kcal a day?

I just read some random routine with a section reccomending starting with no less than 3.5k kcal a day.

I tried to count calories with myfitnesspal, I don't ever come close to that, but I eat more than anyone around me D:
>>
>>35127463
Because you don't just eat at 3.5kcal a day, to bulk up you eat at a 200-400 kcal surplus added to your TDEE.
You can get your TDEE from calculators on the net just google it, generally if you have problems eating you want to drink big bulks of water and stretch your stomach and once you piss it all out you have a lot of space and then you eat calory dense food preferably and don't forget to cover your protein macros.
>>
>>35127463
Ok so let's see what I did yesterday

Oats and Milk: 680kcal

Noodles and Chicken: 370

Pasta and Chicken: 745

Rice and Chicken: 832

Total: 2627

Could have been more had I not skipped vegetables all together yesterday becasue I tried a new brand and it was shit.
>>
Do I even need to boil pasta and rice? Feels like I can eat more and faster dry
>>
>>35127639
You don't really need to but it's hard to digest and actually get the calories if you don't cook them into a digestable state.
You see if you don't digest it you won't use the calories you might as well be not eating it if you don't digest it.
>>
I've hurt my lower back so I'm not allowed to to any squats/deadlifts, or any other leg exercises for that matter, but I will continue training my upper body. Can I still run Canditos linear program, but only upper, 3 times a week?

It would look like:
Monday - Upper Heavy
Wednesday - Upper Control
Friday - Upper Heavy

Is this okay or should I restrict myself to two days per week? Also, the next week, should I run two control days so every exercise day is different, or stick with the above scheme?
>>
>>35126527
C U C K
U
C
K
>>
Ok guys, this one is stupid. If i am cutting on 1800 kcal per day and I burn 300 walking, should I eat only 1800 or can I account for the 300 and eat 2100?
>>
>>35127639
If you ate any amount of dry pasta or rice they would absorb the water in your intestines and you would become constipated quite quickly. To see how quickly, put about an inch of warmish water in it and put some spaghetti in it. Watch the spaghetti swell up over a period of hours.

If you choose to do this, make sure you have good health insurance.
>>
I started squatting a month ago, and my mobility sucks, I can go a bit below paralel but then i just roll up in a messy taco shape and that might be hurting my back.
I want to be able to do a full ATG squat, what streches should I do ? should I foam roll ? Can i use paltes under my heels while I'm working on my flexibility ?

T..Thanks fit
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.