[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHICH IS BETTER FOR SELF DEFENSE/STREET FIGHTING. My friend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
File: muaythai_boxing.jpg (20 KB, 265x266) Image search: [Google]
muaythai_boxing.jpg
20 KB, 265x266
WHICH IS BETTER FOR SELF DEFENSE/STREET FIGHTING.

My friend and I are having a debate. I am saying that muay thai/kickboxing is superior to just boxing in terms of acquiring fighting skills for self defense.

Obviously a bigger factor would be who has the better trainer but assuming both gyms are good, which martial art is best for knowing how to FIGHT? My argument is that muay thai would be better, because rather than just punching you would know how to kick use knees and elbows, you have a larger variety of attacks..

He is not necessarily saying that boxing is superior but he is saying that it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>35116734
you and your friend sound like fucking autists.
>>
>>35116744
Edgy
>>
>>35116734
the best for street fighting is a knife or baseball bat
>>
Muay thai becuase counters and throws. Your freind is right though, it dosnt matter, if your trained to fight that will do
>>
>>35116734
Muay Thai, though if you are a bitch you'll quit within a month
>>
>>35116734
gun
or atleast knife
>>
>>35116734
Brazilian jujitsu is probably the best. Most good cage fighters have a fair bit of training at this.

For self defence judo is probably the best it is all about reacting to attacks and stance when you square up.

I have done both of these and they have both helped me IRL but I'm obviously biased
>>
It doesn't matter. Kicks and kick defense are largely meaningless on DA STREETZ and boxing, obviously, has better hands and punch defense. MT does, however, have sweeps from clinch.

Either way the best self-defense styles are don't be a cunt fu and parkour
>>
>>35116852

yeah but I'm asking about muay thai vs western boxing, not brazilian jujitsu
>>
>>35116734
Street fights are mostly about ego not serious violence. If you do any kind of "stance" at all before the other guy throws a punch everyone will laugh at you i.e. you have just lost the fight.
>>
>>35116943
You have never been in a fight have you?
>>
Damn my friend and I were talking about this yesterday because we want to join a boxing gym but everything around is kickboxing.... We're both big guys for you so kicking doesn't really suit us but it may be the only option we have
>>
>>35116938
>which martial art is the best for knowing how to fight?
Sounds like a pretty open question desu baka senpai
>>
>>35116734
Okay, I think I've finally had it.
Obviously this has become a meme. Fuck this.
>>
>We're both big guys for you so kicking doesn't really suit us.
So fat with poor mobility.

Do muay Thai OP, you'll learn to defend alot more strikes than in boxing.
>>
>>35116970
Crocop was 187cm and 100kg in his prime and one of the mist devastating kickers around. Stop making excuses faggot
>>
Just learn boxing and grappling as a backup
Kimbo slice is my goal, what a fucking Savage. He was so good at steeetfights he went pro
>>
>>35117057
he was fat and slow wtf u talkin about
>>
Best self defense is track field, better learn how to run.

Now, the UFC has answered your question as to what martial art is better for fighting.
>>
File: 1446264086927.gif (4 MB, 397x260) Image search: [Google]
1446264086927.gif
4 MB, 397x260
>>35116852
>Brazilian jujitsu is probably the best
>>
>>35117077
CRO COP WAS? Nig u dumb
>>
GO TO FUCKING /asp/
>>
>>35117108
watch his earlier fight, he was 10 times faster

when he get into ufc he started roiding like crazy and gain bunch of useless mass which make him slow
>>
File: unnamed.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>35117077
>>
>>35117156
> literally has the imprint of crocop's shoe in his head
>>
>>35117134
M8 all the fighters have left since hiro nagasaki'd /asp/ to stop /sp/ crying
>>
>>35116734
I love cold /asp/ copy pasta.

To answer the question tho it depends on the situation. If you're somewhere where you can use muay thai then it'll beat boxing. If you're somewhere where you can't use your legs so easily (crowded room or lots of tables or something) boxing will tend to get the upper hand.
>>
>>>/asp/
>>
Why did you spell krav maga wrong?
>>
>>35117182
>If you're somewhere where you can't use your legs so easily
that applies only for kick boxing
if you can punch, you can low kick and elbows and knees
>>
>>35117256
because he's goyim
if you're ready to fight dirty, just take out your knife and brass knucles
>>
>>35116992
Fighting or martial arts
> select one
>>
>>35116734
Every street fight ever:
Couple of shitty, lazy swings; a stumble or grapple; ground and pound. Over in <30 seconds
>>
>>35117256
>>35117295
> they fell for the krab magoo meme
Good goyim
>>
>>35117256

Krav Maga is the faggiest of them all
>>
>>35116734
Between the two muay thai is obviously more useful since not only do you use kicks and knees, but more importantly you're used to defending against kicks and knees.
>>
>>35117257
What if there's a barrier in between you and them? Or if everyone's in tight jeans like you're at an indie band gig 5 to 10 years ago.

It does boil down to legs are longer and stronger than arms really, but if you can't use legs so well then arms all the way.
>>
>>35117309
unless you're trained
what happens is
if you're trained at striking
>Couple of punches and kicks; Over in <10 seconds
if you're trained at wrestling
>Couple of shitty, lazy swings; a throw or lock; Over in <60 seconds
>>
Muay Thai is more superior due to it's vast amount of strikes.That would work well in the streets, But Boxing is not just throwing punches, footwork, angles, head movement which is also a good advantage to have. The best you can do is train both and add in grappling such as wrestling or bjj.

Look up fighter: Nieky Holzken
Both professional boxer and kickboxing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWBP7YNm10A
>>
>>35117360
Which is irrelevant to OPs question
>>
>>35117363
>What if there's a barrier in between you and them?
use your elbows and knees in clinch
>Or if everyone's in tight jeans like you're at an indie band gig 5 to 10 years ago.
low kicks are doable in skinny jeans unless you're wearing tight pants on the purpose to stop you from moving and you still have elbows
don't try to do some taekwondo jumping head kicks , keep your legs down to low kick and if the guys comes closer destroy him in clinch
>>
>>35116765
pipebomb
>>
In my opinion boxing is more practical. Muay Thai and kickboxing are different things. Muay Thai incorporates elbows and knees, straight kickboxing is primarily fists and shins/feet.
Both offer a lot more options than boxing and therefore spread out your learning over more time before you'll be practically proficient in either of them.
Boxing is more technical, but utilizes fewer and simpler movements. You can learn to apply boxing more quickly and easily, and it will consistently be effective in real life situations.
>>
>>35117402
Isn't his question which of the two would be better for self defense?
>>
>>35117388
that'd make you a complete fighter but also an awesome load of training
considering most of us lift too , I don't see how you would get the time to do allthis without compromising the progression
>>
Running
>>
>>35117416
>unless you're wearing tight pants on the purpose to stop you from moving and you still have elbows
Well you're listening to an indie band 5 to 10 years ago, you can barely feel your nads.

I give you that elbows are useful but boxing is the superior arm only strikes fighting style imo. Elbows are v short range and boxing gives p good distance. But why not do and have both?
>>
>>35116943
>"lose the fight" by taking a stance
>tyrone throws a punch with shit form at you
>knock him the fuck out

Who's the winner now, bitch?
>>
>>35117467
you have to choose betwee the two options of op
no pipebomb, no gun, no calling the police and no running away
>>
>>35116734
There is one big difference.

Boxers dont protect legs, their legs are weak shit. Do a low kick and boxer is fucked. Type in boxer vs kickboxer in youtube and youll see.
>>
>>35117434
Exactly. Which is more important: solid punch defense or okay punch defense and kick defense?

In any event the correct answer was here
>>35116889
>Either way the best self-defense styles are don't be a cunt fu and parkour
>>
>>35116961
He's been bullied by someone called Tyrone who being black is very street. Qed that play fight they had was definitely a street fight
>>
>>35117477
well if you really can only use fists, boxing will obviously be better but I'm yet to meet a kcik boxer or anyone you can use his legs who's wearing pants so tight he can't even low kicks
doing both is a good idea but it'll limit your progression in both and unless you're a neet or a pro you wouldn't have the time to train both correctly
to me, a thai boxer is a good enough puncher to be able to fight only fists if needed considering how rre it might happen compared to a fight where you can use everything
>>
>>35117057
Yeah and Vitaly Scherbo was a 5'7 manlet that weighed around 140 in his prime so what's your excuse for not being a fucking Olympic gymnast you little bitch

We're not all world class athletes
>>
>>35116734
You never really use any kicking, unless you have a gun in your hands, but even then you can bash him the the weapon.
Or when you want to stun an opponent, but for that you need max. 3 kinds of kicks, not any more than that.

So go with boxing, maybe kickboxing. What matters is to get the guy stunned/knocked-out first, after that you can put him in the choke-hold or stomp at his spine.
Kidding. You shouldn't do that.
>>
>>35117529
>don't be a cunt fu
Not good when others are doing being a cunt fu
>and parkour
For defense of just the self sure. Add in track and field so you can also just run fast and throw shit hard.
>>
>>35116734
Won't see much besides big hooks in a street fight as that's what most people will throw naturally

so boxing is totally effective of course muay thai would be as well, but it's more oriented towards defending against kicks

and who kicks in a fight?
>>
File: 1442410565866.jpg (130 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1442410565866.jpg
130 KB, 960x960
>>35116734
Well each fight is potentially different and you want your stance to reflect that. in general I would say a pure boxing stance is better. Simply because it protects vulnerable spots better like the liver and the solar plexus.

Kicking is dangerous in a real fight, it makes you more vulnerable than punching.
>>
>>35117568
>and who kicks in a fight?
you , if you know how to do it
a low kick can stop a fight as much as a punch
do don't the flying reverse double turning kicks though or you're fucked
also knees and elbows are deadly but you need to be really good at it to not fuck it up
>>
>>35117540
I agree. I think it's sensible to do something with arms and legs for striking over just one or the other as the main system but you can always take a few supplemental classes in other shit down the line.
>>
File: 0100.gif (2 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
0100.gif
2 MB, 400x300
>>35117588
Says someone who only experienced fighting in a Tekken.

Tell me, how can low kick end a fight? How is low kick not the most avoidable attack you can throw? How are knees and elbows deadly, when they only take away your reach, and you have to know the exact way to do it, otherwise they are useless?

Only few kicks are useful in a fight, and I can tell you which they are, so you can stop spouting meme moves in here.
They are:
-stomps (to knees or thighs)
-straight kicks (to the solar plexus, or neck (!if you know how to fucking do it, otherwise there's NO fucking chance you are going to hit someone)
-side kick to the kidneys, a powerful one (I still wouldn't use it, it's pretty much another meme move)
-nut shot
-horse kick (again, with no training is as useless as doing fucking frontflips in the middle of a fight)

There you go, from someone who actually experienced a lot of fights.
>>
>>35117723
take off your trip and lower your ego if you want to be taken seriously
>starts post by saying kicks are useless
>ends posts by listing usefull kicks
>>
I've done a lot of different martial art and got into several fights and let me tell you this.

MMA, Muay Thai, Kick Boxing are all good to learn how to fight and you will learn some useful skills.

But the truth is in a street fight, it doesn't last long enough to remember to use this or that in this or that situation. Boxing is the most efficient one for random fights. As far as I remember, I actually never used my legs in any fights I've been unless the guy was laying on the gorund and you don't neek skills to kick him from there.
+ Boxing will give you the best cardio of them all.

I've done Taekwondo do but it's completly fucking useless in street fights and it'll just give you an excellent base for other sport where you use your legs.

Of course all of this depends on the guy using the martial art. Some dude can kick ass with Taekwondo even in street fights but I'm talking about the lambda guy.
>>
>>35116734
Muay thai, no question. I've been training for just over three years now. If I were to fight a boxer, I'd fake jab, low kick HARD to his thigh. Guaranteed to make him start limping. Game over after that.
>>
>>35117723
>How are knees and elbows deadly, when they only take away your reach
Better leverage, faster and harder and pointier boney bits. If you have the opportunity to throw a knee or an elbow in do it.
>>
>>35117767
I have my trip on, to BE taken seriously.

And I said kicks can be useful, but there's no need doing BJJ or Muay thai, since there's only few kicks you should train that ARE useful. You don't need several years and a variety of kicks to take down someone, who could actually just take you down with one punch.

>>35117820
Most of the people I saw tried doing those "elbow" punches, and ended up hitting me with their forearms, or not hitting me at all.
And you have to be pretty much in a dick-sucking distance if you want to throw one.
I'm not saying they are complete shit, but you could only use them in rare situations.

Although the force you can do them with isn't as hard as punches, the bone compensates for it, I know that.

I never used an elbow besides when I was in a choke-hold, and that was elbow to the back.

Boxing and very few kicks, that's something you can use in pretty much any situation, at least I hope we can agree on that one.
>>
File: 983f085d1153ca3b7800.jpg (132 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
983f085d1153ca3b7800.jpg
132 KB, 1280x720
>>35117896
>I have my trip on, to BE taken seriously.
>>
>>35117959
I realized that came out as retarded.
I did mean it in a different way, to my defense.
>>
>>35117896
Not any of the guys you are arguing with but doesn't muay thai also train punching? And is the only reason that kicking is useless because it is telegraphed readily and easily dodged, but doesn't that also take practice. I mean we are talking about fighting some random guy, not a trained fighter
>>
>>35117896
>Most of the people I saw tried doing those "elbow" punches, and ended up hitting me with their forearms, or not hitting me at all.
That's inexperience and stupidity.

>Boxing and very few kicks, that's something you can use in pretty much any situation, at least I hope we can agree on that one.
I think do one or two things well and add in supplemental stuff to broaden your abilities and experience. I can think of where one thing might be better than another but depending on the situation muay thai might be a better tool than boxing.

I would say that kicking is inherently more violent than stuff to do with punching and by and large most people try (and I mean try) to punch. If you can catch a punch that is usually a better way of diffusing a situation than badly hurting someone having a tantrum with a hard kick or knocking them to the floor or whatever.
>>
>>35117568
Hooks are easy to block, hook is only good as a follow up
>who kicks
Hahahahhahaha, I can break your chin and ribs easy with a good kick, make you unable to walk with a few lowkicks, ko with a mawashi or just stop you in your monkey arm swinging rush with a mai geri to the stomach
>>
File: krav maga.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
krav maga.webm
3 MB, 640x360
Every day is repost day.
>>
>>35117418
kek
>>
>>35116734

Muay Thai. If you get in a street fight you can leg kick a guy and take him out really easily.

One kick.

One.

You will keep distance and take less damage. You wont fuck up their face so when police come you won't get in trouble.

If some how they do close the distance you'll do more damage because of elbows to the face and knees to the body.

You should learn the striking from boxing too desu but muay thai is better for fighting.
>>
OP I say boxing for three reasons

1) Shorter learning curve.
2) A real deal boxing gym will put you through the ringer in cardio, moreso than muay thai gyms in the US from what I have seen.
3) Learn to defend punches really well, and that is what 99% of an untrained person will throw at you.
>>
File: 1432630367776.png (65 KB, 245x200) Image search: [Google]
1432630367776.png
65 KB, 245x200
>>35118066
Meh, I'm not really arguing either, just trying to tell them not to fall for the memes, and go for something that would actually help them.

I'm not an expert on muay thai, so I can't tell you if they teach punches, but I could tell you with certainty that boxing would teach you better punches that muay thai.
And punches are more useful.

And the kicks aren't as useful as punches, since amateurs put weak force behind them, and they go for sides and shit when they are attacking you. From which you can easily devastate them, if you choose to, since they have no defense, and it's not going to stun you in a fight.
That's the thing, if you are not stunning your opponent, you are doing something useless. A good kick is a kick that leaves the guy you are fighting breathless.
Since in real fight it doesn't matters if it hurts a bit, since they are charging you with full body, they put force behind it, and meme kicks won't stop them. Even amateurs.
That's why I prefer punches, and few kicks and grapples to compliment them nicely. Also, using your surrounding.
>>35118078
I thin that practicing one kick more times is more useful than having variety of kicks that you practice briefly, and can only use them in some situations.

And I agree with you on the second point, kicking is more violent, and, useful when somebody is trying to punch you. But that's just a very slight advantage. Well aimed punch would do the same thing.

And my fight style varies from yours, when I'm fighting, I mean to hurt the other person, badly.

But my point is, to put everything in one sentence - You don't have to do kick-oriented martial arts in order to learn ten thousand kinds of kicks, it's a waste of time.
Doing three kicks ten thousand times is way better.
(I have a feeling someone said that already)
>>
>>35116734
Obviously Muay Thai.
Just kick the other guy in the knee and watch him go down. Don't even have to follow up with anything, muthafucka's going to need assistance getting up if you have any leg/kicking power. And good byeeeee walking if you did it with intent to injure.

You don't try head kicks or anything flashy.
Fucking simple.

>sweep the leg
>>
File: 1415523272008.jpg (164 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
1415523272008.jpg
164 KB, 500x376
>>35117779
Cool opinions internet tough guy.
>>
File: 1447765282403.jpg (270 KB, 840x375) Image search: [Google]
1447765282403.jpg
270 KB, 840x375
>>35117779
>thigh

lol
>>
>>35116734
>muay thai would be better
No this is not true because people don't have feet, knees or elbows only hands.
>>
>>35118252
Ever got hit in the thigh? It does make you start limping, for fuck's sake it's the number two spot to hit if you want to make someone limp, right after knee.

I don't say this often, but man, educate yourself on the thing you are considering false, before you post.
>>
>>35118201

There are four main and two utility kicks and thats it.
Front kick, high kick, low kick and front kick with foot on the horizontal line I dont know what its called.
Utility are the one where you turn around and aim at ribs, and variety of that where you turn around and aim at head in continous motion.

My kickboxing coach was Serbian, he killed a Croat in a war by kicking him in the head and breaking his neck. They want him for war crimes and you can find info about it online but I wont post his name.
He also did the turn around rib kick and broke some guys ribs, this at age of 70. Meme kicks are ones thst include jumping, ducking and other video game shit.
>>
>>35118291
>it's the number two spot to hit

lol x2
>>
>>35118306
Number 2 spot to hit if you want to make someone limp.
Not only you are dumb, but you can't even fucking read, what a joke.
>>
>>35118252
Kicking with your shin bone to the thigh is extremely painful even when done gently. Its like it splits your muscle in two.
>>
>>35118313
>>35118319
Sorry guys, but you are absolutely clueless. lololol

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ddWOhKWhsXk
>>
This is a pretty dumb conversation just in general. Whether one discipline is better than the other on paper or not, it largely depends on the people you're fighting, how strong you are specifically, and what grappling skills you have.
>>
>>35118346
Nah you're retarded too. That's like saying a hook isn't good because it can be blocked and counter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuzI7A4ZBtM
>>
>>35118346
What does this have to do with anything we told you abouth thighs extremely hurting when kicked??
>>
>>35118360
At least the arm doesn't break when the strike is blocked. lol x4
>>
>>35118301
Yeah man, I agree with you on that one, if you read my previous posts, I mentioned them, only worded them differently, so people could understand.

I think it's called plunging kick, by the way, the one where you use put your torso up front with your leg too.

I'm just trying to explain to people who never were in a fight that doing that fucking spinning kicks they saw in the Karate Kid wouldn't work in real life, since there's almost no force behind them. You only use few kicks and that's it, but people don't seem to get it.
>>35118346
Do you know the difference between a thigh and a shin you dumb fuck?
You are fucking retarded, and I'm not even joking about that.
>>
>>35118379
Thigh is not a shin you goddamn retard
>>
>>35118379
And throwing punches without gloves usually results in broken fingers and wrists. If we're gonna talk about worst case scenario, why bother having this conversation?
>>
File: taekwondo.gif (2 MB, 250x180) Image search: [Google]
taekwondo.gif
2 MB, 250x180
>>35118386
>aim for thigh
>raises leg guard
>own leg breaks

Muay Thai guys are literally this retarded.
>>
File: 1448312783662.gif (2 MB, 310x325) Image search: [Google]
1448312783662.gif
2 MB, 310x325
>>35117094
>Blue belt

Can confirm. Though if you're a NEET or otherwise lonelyfag, we have the chillest community that you can join.

BJJ is not great for FIGHTing, though I doubt you'd ever find an opponent who just sucks at fighting who will be unarmed and rowdy. If you're in a competition, it's great. If you want to be a part of a(n alternative) sport that's low impact enough to be capable of a diverse community that's comprised of more than "C'mon! Push it!" and "Let's go, faggot!" then it's great.

Also, I could still probably beat an unarmed fucciboi whose being a fucciboi
>>
>>35116852
>Judo
>The tkd of grappling

Faggots couldnt even keep fighting bjj and wrestling guys so they forbid to enter tournaments if you practice in other ways of grappling kek. Learn wrestling like a real man.
>>
>>35118201
>And my fight style varies from yours, when I'm fighting, I mean to hurt the other person, badly
I've done shit like working with mental health patients where you have to restrain them and not hurt them if they get uppity. It's a good thing to be able to do, there were times when I was younger where I think it would have come in handy and times later where it did. If you're at a party or something and some idiot starts getting handsy or aggro for no reason it means you don't get your night ruined p much. If you're semi decent, can hold yourself okay and don't mind shit smells too much volunteering somewhere if you can isn't the worst thing you can do.

Boxing is in a lot of ways way more straight forward and I mean that in a good way. You can become good at fighting very quickly. Muay thai to me seems to be much more when you're here you do this and here do this. I think ideally you do want a handful of almost automatic useful movements, and ime boxing does this very well, but I can also see the attraction of a system like muay thai with more options. That may just be the muay thai fags I've talked to giving me this impression.

I dunno if that's too clear so I'll put it another way, early boxing is great, it's nice and straightforward and you can get get real good at a few things, but later on where people try to be clever with it and play it like chess it is less versatile than something like muay thai for random agro

Maybe I should try muay thai actually and see what happens.
>>
>>35118429
I don't even do Muay Thai you fucking joke. You seriously cannot read.
I do stomps to thighs, not goddamn side kicks, as I mentioned, were useless in street fights.
How retarded can you even get.
>>
>>35118379
>Can't throw kicks, you might break a shin
>Can't throw punches, you might break a wrist
>Can't ever fight, he might have a gun
>>
File: 1445493280900.jpg (35 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1445493280900.jpg
35 KB, 200x200
>>35118470
>stomps to thighs

Holy fucking shit I can't breathe.
>>
File: pluto is confused.png (555 KB, 3300x3140) Image search: [Google]
pluto is confused.png
555 KB, 3300x3140
>>35118278
>people don't have feet, knees or elbows only hands
>>
>>35118483
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Lpf1vwr658
Argue with Winklejohn. I fucking dare you.
>>
>>35117441
Dont have to be good at them all. Just take what can be used to make you a better fighter.Lets say your foundation is pure Muay Thai, you can take head movements off boxing, sprawling from wrestling, controlling your opponent when your on your back and escaping from BJJ etc.

As for time, yea it will take a lot. I would say stick to your foundation and incorporate just one other style for a short period of time. Take everything you can learn then move on to another style.
>>
>fighting threads on 4chan

always good for a laugh - 90% of you don't even regularly go outside
>>
>>35118448
I used to be a merc, did boxing when I was younger too, that's why I like to stand behind it, since it pretty much saved my life several times.

But I mean. You can still just get a gun.
Anyways, I do get what you say, you have a point.
>>35118483
Is English your first language?
Do you know what stomping in a fight means, right?
No. Of course you fucking don't. Fuck off, stop bothering me with your retarded s"lololol Im le so funny XDXD" shit.
Nobody's laughing, everybody is telling you what a retard you are. You should take our word for it.
>>
File: 1448049545232.jpg (149 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1448049545232.jpg
149 KB, 720x960
>>35118441
>BJJ is not great for FIGHTing
>>
>>35118499
Don't ever bother talking to him, I don't think I ever saw someone so clueless.
He'll just make you mad, goddamit.
>>
>>35118612
Transcend the butthurt. Just become permanently cynical like the rest of us.
>>
>>35118386
Tbh I personally never used utility kicks in the fight because exposing back is risky and you can miss and get fucked. He always taught us to pull torso back with "plunging" kick because otherwise you break the stance, go into the opponent and can get smacked and evaded. I got smacked in the head so many times by the guy for doing dumb shit that I always held my guard up when talking to him.
But youre right 3 kicks is enough, if you know how to do them without thought. If you dont its better to punch, even if you dont even know that.
>>
File: 1436209694546.jpg (73 KB, 519x533) Image search: [Google]
1436209694546.jpg
73 KB, 519x533
>>35118499
>WHICH IS BETTER FOR SELF DEFENSE/STREET FIGHTING.
>brings up UFC

oh am I laffin
>>
File: 1398654827994.png (270 KB, 660x660) Image search: [Google]
1398654827994.png
270 KB, 660x660
>>35118121
>Jewish martial arts is literally going for the 'cheap' shot

good goy
>>
>>35118664
>Won't result in a take down
>Keeps you out of punching distance
>easy to convert or turn hips to punish someone running in on it
> can literally just push off and step back with momentum
Bruh, if you wanna arm chair brawl, at least be good at it.
>>
>>35118632
I'm not even mad, just annoyed.
But I learned it is pointless to argue with people here, because they would never admit they are wrong at something, even if 10 people told them so.
>>35118641
I usually either staggered or pushed back opponents with plunging kick, that's why I could break the stance without getting worried. It's not gut with fighting multiple people, so I didn't use it, just used box.
And yeah, if you don't know how to do basic kicking, just rather punch, completely agree.
>>35118664
I cannot believe you, you even brought up UFC first.
And a wrong move too, not the one we told you about.
You have to be fucking with us. If so, you did a good job.
>>
File: 1437241523702.jpg (23 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1437241523702.jpg
23 KB, 480x360
>>35118612
>two thugs want your money
>better kick em in the thighs lol
>they get mad and jump you

http://youtube.com/watch?v=L218rHgBDjQ

Boy those kicks to the thigh sure are a good idea to train amirite.
>>
>>35118744
>I'm not even mad, just annoyed.
>But I learned it is pointless to argue with people here

Big talk for someone 13 replies into this thread. Are you sure you're ok buddy? Need some valium for that temper?
>>
>>35118758
neat video but I am confused as to it's purpose in this thread
>>
>>35118445
What are you even trying to say?

Judo is the back bone for pretty much every self defence course out there.
Police self defence is based on judo
The initial stuff you get taught in the armed forces for hand to hand is judo
Lifeguards at pools and the beach where I live learn a bit of judo
Women's and men's self defence courses are judo

Judo is THE self defence martial art
>>
>>35118803
To show the importance of stomp kicks to the thighs in a fair fight.
>>
>>35118758
>talks about kicks
>posts video of a guy fixing an iphone getting stabbed in the neck
Hahaha youre a fucking retard
>>
>>35117418
Muh nigga
>>
>>35117094
That's a nice gif of half (2/3rds) of BJJ is about. There is also a fair bit about getting people from standing to the ground so you can fuck them up.
>>
This thread is just one guy trolling 2 retarded trips.
>>
>>35118819
http://www.graciemag.com/2014/11/ijf-ranked-judo-athletes-barred-from-competing-in-other-international-grappling-events/

All the good throws are also on wrestling. Also, almost all the Judofags cant even throw you if you are not wearing a gi. Judo, TKD of grappling.

Greco roman if you are bearmode, freestyle for otter mode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDjaewNdTSc
>>
>>35118897
Ye, the federation completely destroyed it, They're not even allowed to teach at mma gyms. Anyone serious about grappling should do wrestling BJJ or Sambo.
>>
All you need is basic boxing and know how to use at best TWO kicks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WMXq421ia8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coSgSFajSgo
>>
>>35118897
Modern judo is garbage. Literally just belting up till you learn uchimata and then trying to uchimata everyone. However, if you ever have the pleasure of working with a japanese judoka or a judoka from an actual gym, they're scary as fuck. Also, most judo throws don't need a gi but there's little attention given to no gi judo so people don't realize that. Plenty of judo throws in MMA pulled off without even a shirt to grab onto. It's about body momentum, scrub. Learn your shit.
>>
>>35118758
No, I would either use box, or pulled a gun.
I said it's useful to stagger or make your opponents limp, so then you can finish them.
But I don't think you could see me saying that, since you just close your eyes and say "I'm right you guys, stop saying I'm retarded"

What has video got to do with anything, by the way?
>>35118788
Just trying to prove my point, boyo.
I don't like when people are saying shit. And I especially don't like it when some fat cheeto eating neckbeard tells me I'm wrong at something I was good at, for 6 years.
Fighting was something regular for me, and not even fighting. That was just the goddamn icing.
I'm just not going to listen to some brat.
>>35118895
"hurr durr I'm a le master trolle"
Fine, I'm a retard, I admit it. I got trolled by kids. Good job you, amazing joker you.
>>35118942
You put into one sentence what I was trying to say for last two hours, good job.
I'm going to sleep.
>>
>>35118897
M8 I've done a perfectly clean ogoshi into kesa gatama on a dude Iin a rashy while wearing 14oz gloves. You're a retard
>>
File: j005.jpg (378 KB, 868x1250) Image search: [Google]
j005.jpg
378 KB, 868x1250
>>35116734
It doesn't matter.
Git good at one or the other make up for the disadvantage in boxing/spar with martial artists that use more than just hands, etc.
Great idea to do both.
Pic Related
>>
>>35118958
>"hurr durr I'm a le master trolle"

If anything, he has proven that one does not need to be a master troll to get you.
>>
>>35118954
Japanese judoka are okay but you're far better with a slav
>>
>>35118954
This. Its all about momentum and your body position relative to their body.

>>35118897
And that's seems to just be a play to try retain people in judo. They are learning judo skills then utilising them elsewhere
>>
>>35118829
Getting stabbed by some fuccboi faggot in the neck while you clean his rinky dink smartphone isn't a fair fight, or even a fight for that matter
>>
>>35119020
This.
Pro tip for fighting
Wait until it is technically assault before you fight back. That way you can't get fucked up in court
>>
>>35117723
Good front, side and round kicks can break ribs.
Stomp kicks, like Fumikomi Geri from Karate can be a real killer when applied properly. Elbows can cut and K.O. Knees can do the same. Personally got hit with one in Shotokan, not even sparring, just a regular upward knee. Partner was tired and sperged out, threw a side knee arund the shield instead. Hurt like a bitch and I needed a minute.
>>
>>35119086
> shotokan
Top kek
>>
>>35118954
You are probably right, but Judo today is more about sport.

>>35118967
I dont play your japanese rpgs faggot, just call it hip throw. As I said, all the decent Judo moves are in wrestling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cc7tyjGLx0
>>
>not permabulking to a 375 Front Squat
>not training judo and sambo

It's like you don't want to ragdoll people
>>
>>35119106
Those two throws are different. Your is more of a hip wheel than a hip throw like the judo one. In yours he goes from left hip rolling over to the right hip then the ground. The judo one goes from center back to rolling over one hip then the ground.

The judo throw is also easier to set up. Can you pull them towards you? If yes then you can do it.
>>
File: 1447631589181.jpg (77 KB, 575x1024) Image search: [Google]
1447631589181.jpg
77 KB, 575x1024
Judo>Boxing
>>
>>35119403
>Show boating and being over confident > knowing how to kick someone really hard in the head
FTFY
>>
>>35119100
Actually really glad I found a good Karate school. Finally got to do the style I wanted to start in and has to start in TKD as I couldn't find any dojo's at the time. (Was alright, like Empty Hand a bit more). Was the real deal and I still practice even though I don't go to my dojo anymore.
>>
>>35119162
this desu family member
>>
>>35116852
>BJJ is the best

Are you joking bro? What are you going to do pull guard?
>>
i dont think any of you realise how quick trained personnel actually are most fights are over in one punch, if someone has a few years of training in anything most likely the other person will be on the ground within 2 seconds and the majority of that time is them falling to the ground
>>
>>35119230
Your entire grappling game revolves around concepts that don't work to well with expanded rules.

Leg grabs. Base? Base for fucks sake.
>>
>>35119575
>Your entire grappling game revolves around concepts that don't work to well with expanded rules.
What are you even talking about? If the rules allow grabbing someone else with your hands you are golden. Momentum is critical. Positioning is critical.
These things hold up on their own easily.
>>
>>35119602
You wouldn't really know though since you've never wrestled though with you know leg grabs and base and shots.

It's different, throws are a lot harder. It's pretty fucking hard to throw someone who is based down.
>>
>>35116734
As much as you train in the gym, on the streets it doesn't matter. I've been training boxing for about 2 months so am fairly novice but ended up getting into a street fight with a bunch of drunk people. I did learn how to throw a good punch but at the end of the day, if any of them had a weapon like a knife or anything then I would be dead now.

A lot of people in this thread underestimate the power of a good punch. A weak hit to the face will do nothing when compared to a solid punch to the stomach.
>>
>>35119612
From what I understand you are saying throws in judo break down when you go to ground fighting? Half of judo is ground based so that's not an issue.
>>
File: rbs1_94_XS[1].jpg (13 KB, 400x259) Image search: [Google]
rbs1_94_XS[1].jpg
13 KB, 400x259
>>35119635
No, there is a thing called base in real grappling sports. It is banned by Judo.

Also, Judo is definitely not 50% ground work. Some schools do more, but finding one with 50% would be like finding a unicorn bro. If you got 30% that would be a good amount for Judo.

Watch how throws work in Sambo. And that is with grippy grips.
>>
>>35119663
I think you are using a slang term for something that you call base. Google isn't even helping

Training wise for me judo was about 50/50. Fighting wise 70/30 like you said.

Sambo is pretty much indistinguishable from judo. Places that teach sambo also usually teach sambo and vice versa in some places.
>>
>>35116734

Objective answer here:

between two professionals, obviously muay thai wins. Uninteresting

Self defence, against an untrained assailant, if youre averagely trained, boxing is better than muay thai. mid kicks/headkicks are not effective outside a score based fight. The risk reward is not favourable. Boxing is more straightforward and robust, and easier to pull of if youre slightly nervious/scared. The only thing muay thai brings to the table in terms of a street fight if youre averagely trained is low kicks, which are great.

All of that said, I think BJJ is probably the best self defence.
>>
>>35119727
forgot to mention boxing teaches good head movement, MT teaches you to take the hit and throw back
>>
>>35117539
Don't put too much effort into writing big boy, you'll shoot your eye out.
>>
>>35116734
As someone who wears jeans all the time, boxing. I can throw a headkick in gym shorts, but I can't in my jeans.
>>
>>35117169
>cro cop
>shoes
>>
"street fighter"<boxer<muay thai boxer
>>
>>35119663

Check out Gokor's judo school. Competed in Soviet era judo and freestyle wrestling. He taught Karo

I always liked the Soviet state grappling guys. Khabib Nurmogomedov was really fun to watch before all the injuries.
>>
>>35119663
The judo club at sydney uni is at least 50% ground. One of the trainers is a polish dude, kristov (not even going yo attempt spelling his surname). 6th dan and 3 time (I think) world master's champion.
>>
>>35119663
>No, there is a thing called base in real grappling sports.

try having this posture on rule sets where striking is allowed, you will get your teeth fed to you, you piece of shit
>>
>>35119481
But you didn't
>>
>>35119794
> k1, pancrase and pride
> no shoes
>>
>>35119898
I have his videos. Very good. A lot of it is also catch wrestling though.
>>
>>35116734
i dunno but tae kwon do certainly looks the best desu
>>
>>35116734

Open palm striking and hammer fisting, why do you think boxing gloves exist? Also dirty fighting (pulling hair, face, gouging eyes, etc.)

Self defense isn't about pulling off clean hooks and jabs, it's about beating the shit out of someone as quickly as possible and preferably getting away.
>>
>>35120062
its not for fightinng, its a sport meme art with sole purpose of gathering points
>>
>>35120020
That's why I said grappling sports and not punching sports keklord
>>
>>35120065
kek
get you kung shit and krabo mango out of here you wimp
>>
>>35120075
>mad he will never do a double spinning backwards roundhouse
>>
>>35120081
>keklord
that's why judo is a martial art and wrestling a sport
>>
>>35116820
why, is it harder than other martial arts?
>>
>>35116938
kekekeked
>>
Most street fights are fast paced attacks that if you do have a chance to even react to them, it would be more beneficial to be a pro at the prime instict of majority of men which would be to throw a punch so I'd say boxing. Thai would maybe be better in a semi fair fight where you actually know you're about to be attacked but again you need to be good enough not to subcome to the intensity and start throwing only punched or blind kicks.
>>
>>35120085
Tkdfag of 14 years here. It's shit.
> inb4 b-but mine isn't mcdojang
>>
I've found that people can't defend a guillotine choke. Any decent grappler should be able to pull this off without taking it to the ground.
>>
>>35119060
This advice is not necessarily the case given the perceived nature of the assault, your propensity to escape, and any statutes that regulate such circumstances in your state (such as castle laws)
>>
>>35120096
Judo has some of the most inane rules added bro. Everyone knows that.
>>
>>35120198
But anon you forgot that if you're a grappler you're powerless if you're standing up.

Of course you can be on the ground either because of the lava golems covered in broken glass and AIDS needles
>>
>>35116852
fucking retarded. You are a fucking retard friendo. You are someone who obviously hasn't gotten into too many altercations at bars or out and about. The last thing you ever want to do is roll around on the ground with some asshole in a public place. That shit will go sour real fast
>>
>>35120233
Don't try to pretend IBJJF is any better. Particularly with the drug dealing, banning anyone not paying gracie barra and people trafficking.
>>
>>35120198
I took BJJ for a semester in undergrad, always grappled with my buddy, who had some more experience and a lot more weight so he always won. Had to go against a rando one day, I got him in 3 consecutive guillotine chokes, last attempt of his he just lunged, was kind of pissed, collar choked him and made him tap

tl;dr guillotine chokes are money
>>
So in short you only need to train in two things.
Boxing
Highschool greco roman wrestling
And if you want to feel like a bad ass, a low and a front kick.

But you really only need basic boxing lessons a punching bag and the will to workout.
>>
>>35120233
>wrestling rules are any better
top kek
>>
>>35120352
also valid for >>35120280
>>
>>35117094
whats going on here? is it a vine "comedy" sketch or legit half of a technique that the bald guy just dodge by leaving in a cloud of confusion?
>>
>>35120277
>ignoring all the throws and disarms involved in both those martial arts mentioned

Every fight I have been in ended up me standing over the shitter I threw on the ground
>>
>>35120681
its just a parody of jiu jitsu guys being useless outside of guard..
don't be autistic brah.

tbqh tho familia, you should really develop a strong grappling game in addition to striking.

most striking arts are fine, as long as the dojo/gym allows full-contact sparring, then it is legit.

if the techniques are "too dangerous" to train, you are doing bullshit-fu

i prefer muay thai and judo, purely because i find them the most fun.
whatever suits your subjective preference is best.
you won't be connor mcgrregor no matter what you take, it's just a fun form of cardio

jiu jitsu is a good experience because its very humbling to be choked out by a manlet half your weight
>>
>>35120193
nah man, just charge towards me on a horse, with both your hands on the reigns and watch.. just you fucking watch..
i will jump-kick the shit out of you.

totally a useful technique, brah.
>>
File: pants.webm (2 MB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
pants.webm
2 MB, 480x480
Best self-defense technique right here
>>
>>35120793
it's better for kicking mobility too.

nobody wants to be the guy who got knocked out by a naked guy i like to leave my shirt on though, 3bh
>>
>>35120681
Judo fighter here.
BJJ is mostly ground game, meaning once you're on the ground wresting with people (arm locks, chokes, etc etc etc). It incorporates some standing but not an amazing amount.
Judo is more standing than groundgame, and I like judo more. I've fought BJJ guys and have lost and won, I just like standing more because it seems more practical IRL than a ground game basis.
>>
>>35120793
LOL!

You're right though. Don't want to fight some naked dude, fuck that.
>>
>>35116734
BJJ
>>
>>35120138
no but you have to have enough reddit karma or nobody will train you in muay thai
>>
>>35120757
what i love about mcgregor is that he fights like an irishman and you cant be taught that
>>
>>35117169
>literally
Shoe
>>
The single most important factor in winning a real fight is being able to react dispassionately to violence. And you only get through having a shitty childhood where you were forced to fight a lot or being some kind of sociopath.
>>
>>35118079
>Hahahahhahaha, I can break your chin and ribs easy with a good kick, make you unable to walk with a few lowkicks, ko with a mawashi or just stop you in your monkey arm swinging rush with a mai geri to the stomach

of course kicks are devastating when they land
the point is that they are much slower than punches, and if they dont land you're at a severe disadvantage due to loss of balance and shit.
>>
>>35118890
>BJJ
>takedowns
Kek
>>
File: gIjCUP9.jpg (315 KB, 1632x1424) Image search: [Google]
gIjCUP9.jpg
315 KB, 1632x1424
>>35116734
> WHICH IS BETTER FOR SELF DEFENSE/STREET FIGHTING.
Running fast
Pipe bomb
>>
>>35117169
Are you literally retarded?
>>
>>35121877
So you have never done any BJJ
See
>>35120912
>>
>>35120793
/f/ has trained me for that moment, i can deal with that
>>
>>35121918
I've been doing it for six months only because if I get taken down, I want to be able to defend and get back up. I really couldn't give less of a shit about grappling, I'm Muay Thai + Karate mode (that's what I'm actually good at), but I'll step in where necessary to talk shit when BJJfags get their ego overinflated as they always do. It's useful, especially in MMA, but having spent six months in it, I long for the year of Wrestling I did in high school where it wasn't rolling around passively playing grabass. Also, I learned one takedown in those six months, training four days a week for an hour. We always start class the same way I start off in sex. On my back with my legs in the air. No homo.
>>
>>35118301
>trusting a serb
>>
>>35118556
tbf I laughed
>>
>>35120023
So, because it's Shotokan or Karate for that matter automatically makes it and the school I found shit? Fine, make an assertion then it's on you to prove it. Go around and defeat every single Karate style and dojo, which would include mine then all Karate would be shit and you would have proved your point.Except that you won't because your wrong that's impossible. If had said my style was Kyokushin or Enshin I doubt you'd be talking shit.
>>
File: IMMIGRANTS.jpg (102 KB, 716x715) Image search: [Google]
IMMIGRANTS.jpg
102 KB, 716x715
>>35122317
shut up fag you know nothing
/asp/ knows all
like you said, if it was kyokushin or enshin or goju ryu maybe

but it's not
it's shotokan krotty

kek
>>
>>35116852
This BJJ guy got into it with my friend. Took my friend to the ground I kicked him straight in the fucking jaw. Field goal mother fucker next time learn judo lol.
>>
>>35116734
Taking a shoe to the knee puts most down
>>
>>35116734
Honestly it depends on the person and how often they fight.

Here is the best advice you will ever get about fighting.

I have gotten into quite a few fights and have beaten up people from all kinds of martial arts except judo and ju jitsu they kicked my ass. I learned from this and started doing ju jitsu instead of the karate I was doing then I started hanging around with these guys who were all feared because of their streetfighting skill and I was astonished to learn that one was a tae kwon do guy one was a boxer one was a karate guy and it was some obscure faggot brand of karate. I never had much repect for tae kwon do but I knew boxing was good because I had been beaten up by a few boxers.

I then learned it is not about the ART it's about how often you fight. If you train Muay thai and never spa you will get you ass kicked by anyone that has fought a few fights, the same with boxing.
What makes boxing, muay thai, karate and judo all so good is that they fight each other all the time, forever honing their skills to the point that any non trained person fighting them is like a child fighting an adult.
>>
>>35116734
For fighting, muay thai is better than kickboxing, kickboxing is better than boxing.

Muay thai has knees and elbows and clinching and takedowns, whereas a lot of kickboxing does not, boxing does not.
Muay thai and kickboxing have kicks, boxing does not.

>>35116889
>Kicks and kick defense are largely meaningless on DA STREETZ
When will this meme die? It has no basis in reality.
Kicks happen in MMA fights all the time, and they will happen in the street too if your opponent is trained in them.
Noobs don't know how to defend against kicks, so you should kick them. Experienced kickers know how to kick so you should learn to kick and defend against kicks.
>kick defense is largely meaningless
what if they're trying to kick you lmao

>>35116970
Dumb. A big kickboxer is more dangerous than a big boxer.

>>35117058
>Kimbo slice is my goal, what a fucking Savage. He was so good at steeetfights he went pro
Why would you want to be Kimbo Slice specifically instead of the best fighter of all time?
Street fighters are not as good as people in the UFC, being a good street fighter is shit in comparison to being good at high level MMA competitions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFvFeTeDDxo
8:50 onward.
that's what happens to people who don't train kicking and kick defense. They get kicked in the legs over and over again until their legs stop working.

>>35117556
>>35117723
>>35117896
>>35118201
You can tell when someone has no idea about fighting when they say "put him in the choke-hold".
> but there's no need doing BJJ since there's only few kicks you should train that ARE useful
BJJ doesn't train kicks. BJJ is grappling only.
>I'm not an expert on muay thai, so I can't tell you if they teach punches
They do teach punches in muay thai. You could have just gone onto the wikipedia page and looked this up. Or just have even a basic amount of knowledge of what muay thai is.

>>35117568
people throw jabs and crosses all the time, perhaps more so than hooks.
>>
>>35122008
>6 months
I know you would rip into me if I said any opinion about your training if i had only done 6 months of it.

And if your not lying you know you don't know shit about BJJ after only 6 months.

And tbqh if you have only learnt one takedown your teacher is pretty shit
>>
>>35122331
>post proof BJJ is useful in a fight
But more importantly
>jumps in and fucks up the guy like a good mate should
Good job desu senpai
>>
>>35122329
>"shut up fag you know nothing
/asp/ knows all
like you said, if it was kyokushin or enshin or goju ryu maybe

but it's not
it's shotokan krotty

kek

Hurling insults and and pulling more shit out of your ass you can't back up is fine by me. And I'll talk as much as I want to dipshits like you who have proven they have no understanding of martial arts at all to so easily open their mouth and not think.
>>
Boxing because Im a man and not a sissy little bitch. Ill go watch Hajime no Ippo now.
>>
Shitting on Kyokushin? Really? Because of MMA's popularity, Muay-Thai is now what karate was back in the day - the go-to martial art for the masses. Only difference is that it is being taught to alpha mayos and frat boys. At this point, Kyokushin is more legit than MT.
>>
>>35116734
Boxing, and I say this as an practitioner of both. You wont kick in a Street fight, fists are much more effective.
>>
>>35120218
Where I am if you don't provoke them, try to verbally defuse the situation and then tank 3 hits you are pretty much golden to fuck them up as bad as you want with no chance that they can win a case against you and a high chance they go to jail for a short amount of time
>>
>>35116734
Boxing has very tight rules. The guard is kept low against the cheeks because that's where punches deal the most damage. For muay thai, where you can receive high kicks, the guard is kept higher so as to be able to guard against those. Now will you face high kicks in a street fight? No, unless you're up against a crazy motherfucker who doesn't wear fucking jeans. So I'd say the stance is fucking irrelevant overall, your conversion is more important. Fight against a guy who knows what he's doing and you're gonna get your ass kicked, fight against a noob pretender and you stand a chance. Go for easymode throws and locks in street fights, not for punchouts or KO kicks.
>>
>>35122464
Not sure which post your referring to, but if it was mine I was not shitting on Kyokushin. I respect it very much.
>>
>>35116734

Learn to focus your chi man, raise your consciousness with weed and psychedelics, no primitive ape will be able to hurt you.
>>
>>35116734
bodyslam x organ failure
>>
>>35122527
>throws and locks
This is the best advice other than "don't fight".If you have to fight, end it as fast as possible. Don't play around.
>>
>>35117418
10/10
>>
>>35122464
>>35122530
Related, my post.
>35122435
>>
File: silvaknee_crop_exact.jpg (13 KB, 340x226) Image search: [Google]
silvaknee_crop_exact.jpg
13 KB, 340x226
>>35118201
>But my point is, to put everything in one sentence - You don't have to do kick-oriented martial arts in order to learn ten thousand kinds of kicks, it's a waste of time.
>Doing three kicks ten thousand times is way better.
In muay thai and kickboxing, they don't use many kicks. Most of the kicks are just the roundhouse kick and the front kick. Occasionally the side kick, like after a missed roundhouse kick. A side kick or front kick to the knee can do a lot of damage. Then there are just variations of those - eg kicking different parts of the body.
But why do you say "you don't have to do kick-oriented martial arts" but then say "doing three kicks ten thousand times is way better"? Muay thai and kickboxing are kick-oriented and they tend to only use a few kicks. Now if you mean "don't do TKD" then I agree.

>>35118441
BJJ is great for fighting. Best ground grappling there is.

>>35118470
A stomp to the thigh could be a side kick, but it could be a front kick.

>>35118483
>>35118758
A stomp to the thigh/knee can do a lot of damage to the knee. It can also be useful in a thai clinch for creating space eg to set up a takedown or knee.

>>35118664
>muh streets
The UFC is made up of best fighters in the world.
Granted there's some stuff you can't do in UFC that you can do in real life - eye gouging, kicking an opponent who is down, 12 to 6 elbows, throat strikes, etc. But even then, they all know how to do 12 to 6 elbows, throat strikes, etc. Pride allowed kicking an opponent who is down, UFC used to. Yet fighters who did well when kicks to downed opponents were allowed still did well when kicks to downed opponents were banned. Are you going to say that kicking someone in the thigh doesn't work because in UFC you can't eyegouge?
>>
>>35116734
gun draw
>>
>>35118694
Thats not krav maga, that's Ameri-Do-Te
>>
>>35119086
>shotokan
dear god.

>>35119724
I think he just means the wrestling stance.
"base" means to lower and spread out, so that you are more stable.
I think he is saying that the wrestling stance is banned in judo.
>>
>>35122678
If you think ill of Shotokan you can always refer to this, >>3522317 and merely prove it. Be kind of impossible though.
>>
>>35116734

Muay thai. For one reason.

Have you ever punched someone HARD in the head? It's like punching a a big lump of concrete.

If you have a job where you require the use of your right hand (almost every job) then you don't want to go into work with your hand 2x its normal size.

Usually in a "street fight", if you didn't initiate it. All you need to do is show that you are capable enough to make the other guy know it's not worth it. If you can achieve this with a few strong kicks to the leg or a strong midsection kick. Then that's great. But if it takes you having 50% chance breaking your hand on his skull then you actually end up worse off than him anyway.
>>
>>35123788
>kinds this

I love boxing, I've boxed for many years, and I know I can hit someone in the right place on their face to avoid hurting my hand if I'm gloveless... Most of the time. One lucky slip on my opponent's part and I sink a hook into their orbital bone, bruising them and possibly breaking a knuckle. Have you ever broken a knuckle? Or dislocated one for that matter? You can keep fighting with your other hand after but you won't want to; the pain is crazy.

I'd say short, safe kicks at the opponent's lead leg are a pretty valuable thing to know how to do properly. Obviously learn how to slip and guard your face as well. Then if it gets dirty just slap him right on the ear.
>>
>>35118252
Low kick to the thigh of a boxer will absolutely put him down. Their legs just aren't conditioned for it. The shin bone of a seasoned muay thai fighter, connecting to the thigh of an untrained BOXER would be devastating lol.
>>
>>35118278

>No this is not true because people don't have feet, knees or elbows only hands.

What the fuck am i reading?
>>
probably a gun
>>
>>35118201
Bruce Lee said that last part about kicks before desu senpai
>>
>>35122402
This anon gets it. The fighter not the art is the one that wins a fight.
>>
File: i have a different opinion.jpg (43 KB, 639x640) Image search: [Google]
i have a different opinion.jpg
43 KB, 639x640
>>35116765
i'd argue that a Boeing 747 is the ideal self defence weapon
>>
>>35122404
how is kickboxing better than boxing? boxers are much much better at footwork, distancing, hand speed, and reflexes. thats why all the videos of people fighting of multiple opponents are pretty much all done by boxers. Boxings not limited its specialized. They are both great choices that will teach you how to be a good fighter.
>>
>>35125127
Amerikek pussy opinion
>>
>>35126682
Its literally the best tool for defending your self home and family. maybe if your country wasnt an oppressive shithole you woulnt be keked by the muslims
>>
>>35116734
they are both just as good with their own advantages and disadvantages. anybody who says otherwise is an idiot. as long as you have a good trainer you will learn to fight whether you do boxing or muay thai.
>>
File: 1445441939394s.jpg (2 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1445441939394s.jpg
2 KB, 125x125
>>35118470
>stomps to thighs
Ohgod my sides
>>
>>35127011
mercenary anon knows more than you little faggot, don't fuck with him
>>
>>35126664
i believe boxers are much better athletes than most other fighting styles, BJJ and MT included
>>
>>35117779
he'd outbox the fuck out of you and you'd gas or get knocked out while you struggle to get him on the ground so you can take off his pants
>>
>>35127011
They're real and do damage you fucking turbo autist. A downward kick like this to your thighs can fuck your leg up.
>>
>>35126414
> caring what an actor said
>>
File: 1404996947021.jpg (100 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
1404996947021.jpg
100 KB, 800x400
>>35127011
>>35127324
Another pic related.
>>
>>35122317
Kyo isn't dancing tag
>>
>>35127345
An actor that also happened to also be a pretty damn good martial artist. And even if he was just an actor, he was right you faggot.
>>
>>35124798
3 years is not enough time to consider yourself a seasoned muay thai fighter.
>>
>>35127382
Neither is Shotokan you ignorant fuckwit. Just because point sparring exists doesn't mean you can't do full contact as well. The only siffernce than the the way a style like kyokushin?Ashihara etc. and mine sparred was that the names were different. My dojo sparred full-contact in every class, and part of the point of that 'dancing tag' is emphasis on the importance a singular attack and how to properly execute and land one good strike. There are tons of videos of early 70's /80's bareknuckle point sparring, which certainly wasn't tag. People came away with broken ribs and dislocated knuckles.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.