[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
avocados
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 400x400
Does fit eat avocados? They're considered super healthy by doctors, but do they help with gains? How often do you have them and how do you eat them?
>>
Half of one a day
>>
>>35115255

I eat them several times a week

They go so incredibly well with beef
>>
Its a food.
Like other food.
Yes I eat it.
It has macronutrients.
>>
Makes tuna taste halfway decent
>>
>>35115255
>but do they help with gains?
obviously.
fats are just as important as proteins and carbs.

any healthy source of fats is good for gains.
>>
>>35115283
wait what
do you eat avocados in a meal, as a salad or side dish?
i've always eaten it as a fruit, with honey or blended into a smoothie, very delicious
>>
>>35115255
guacamole 2 times a week
being a beaner has its advantages
>>
Avocado
Loads of garlic
Coriander
Lemon
Red onion
Chili

Mix everything, put on dark rye. Eat as often as humanly possible.
>>
They are kind of expensive here, in fact about four euro per one avo.
>>
>>35115534
Where do you live anon?
>>
I eat them every day. And i just eat it with a spoon.
>>
I have trees so im always eating them and making diff stuff with them
>>
Does anyone find them going bad or mushy too easily?
>>
>>35115762
When they're perfectly ripe but not mush put them in the fridge.
If you need them to ripen quicker put them together with uncooked rice at room temperature.
>>
I'd eat them more if they were less expensive. They make beans taste better
>>
I had my first avocado yesterday. Not a fatty I've just never had one before. The raw taste will take some getting used to, how do you guys cook them?
Also I get the feeling I wasn't supposed to eat the skin.
>>
>>35115871

You're supposed to peel the skin, take out the pit, and just eat the insides.

By itself, it tastes great with some lemon or lime, black pepper, onion/garlic powder, chili powder, etc. I think it's best used in a recipe though, to add some creaminess or fatty flavor to food. Goes best in mexican dishes with tomato, peppers, beans, corn, and rice. Dice it and mix it in or blend it into guacamole and dallop on top of a pile of rice n beans
>>
>>35115845
beans are crazy low-fat though.
not even close to the same foodstuffs.
>>
>tfw I have an avocado intolerance
>>
>>35115690
Same. One per day. Macros are perfect
>>35115871
kek
>>
>>35115930
That's why they go well together. Contrasts attract.
>>
File: 1443369562111.jpg (52 KB, 800x570) Image search: [Google]
1443369562111.jpg
52 KB, 800x570
>>35115871
>eat the skin
>>
File: 1447006009254.jpg (23 KB, 478x265) Image search: [Google]
1447006009254.jpg
23 KB, 478x265
>>35115923
kill self
>>
>>35115482
Now I'm craving nachos with guacamole, thanks
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.