[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /fit/izens. My buddy and I are dyel newbies motivated as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (166 KB, 714x579) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
166 KB, 714x579
Sup /fit/izens.

My buddy and I are dyel newbies motivated as ever to get stronger. We've been doing a brosplit for the past 3 months just like all the other dudes in our college gym do, and we've been making decent gains. However, we're weak as fuck. So I did lots of reading and I suggested him we switch to a strength building program and we're both completely up for it.

Would you recommend Jasondb's 5x5 or Stronglifts 5x5 for newbies such as ourselves? Or SS?

Still can't tell if SS + GOMAD is a fucking meme or not, you fuckers confuse the shit out of me.
>>
please respond
>>
File: inclinevsdecline.png (21 KB, 1078x754) Image search: [Google]
inclinevsdecline.png
21 KB, 1078x754
this is the difference between incline and decline bench

hope this helps
>>
tl;dr
>>
>>35110191
Lots of programs are good for newbies. Just research a few of them and chose the one that is right for you guys. Alternatively you can do some 5x5 lift (e.g bench, deadlifts, squats, rows, The Press) at the start of each routine and get stronger that way.
>>
>>35110206
Also SS and GOMAD is good for underweight young men trying to bulk up and get stronger faster. People have a go at it because it doesn't lead towards an aesthetic body like a brosplit/PPL routine with a less extreme diet does.
>>
>>35110214
It's the best beginner routine regardless of starting weight and body fat percentage, cut if you're fat, bulk if you're auschwitz mode.

p.s. there is no 'skinnyfat', you're either fat or skinny.
>>
>>35110015
literally any program bro
ss, sl, greyskull

if you want to put on strength go for SS. dont do gomad though. dont be scared to lift more than 3 times a week. just make sure your diet and sleep is on point.
>>
>>35110244
Sounds good bro

I'm working on trying to get good sleep, but my study habits are shit at the moment and I go to bed too late. Need to get out of this procrastination mentality
>>
Juice.

Maybe it was once possible to get big natty, but that halcyon day has long since past. Juden have poisoned the environment with estrogen, you'll never get big or strong natty now, roid and stop wasting your time
>>
>>35110298
t. DYEL
>>
Taipans vs crocs. The fix is in. crocs were down 52-27 at the half and have gone 13-1 up in the 3rd quarter so far.
>>
>>35110671

clearly the wrong thread and board. whoops.
>>
A: Pull (Back/Biceps):

Pendlay Rows: 3x5
Deadlifts: 1x5
Lat Pulldowns: 3x8-12
Face-pulls: 3x-8-12
Barbell Bicep Curls (Alternate between close and normal grip): 4x-8-12
Hammer Curls: 3x8-12
Shrugs: 3x8-12

B: Push (Chest/Triceps/Shoulders):

Bench Press: 3x5
Military Press: 3x5
Incline Bench Press: 3x5
Dumbbell Side Lateral Raise: 3x8-12
Rope Pushdowns: 3x8-12
Overhead Dumbbell Extension: 3x8-12

C: Legs (Quad/Ham/Calves):

Squats: 4x5
Leg Press: 3x8-12
Leg Extensions: 3x8-12
Hamstring Curls: 3x8-12
Standing Calf Raises: 2x8-12
Seated Calf Raises: 2x8-12

PPLxPPLx...

Eat a lb of chicken breast per day for protein

Eat your weight in lbs * 10

Repeat until lean
>>
>>35110015
Compound exercises at 80% RM max for 3-4 sets. Train every body part 3 times a week. If you use a program like SS, throw in some accessory lifts after the main workout for extra gains. (ie don't be surprised if your chest doesn't grow on SS when you only bench 4 times in 2 weeks if that's what you want. Throw in some DB bench on Press days and some DB shoulder press on Bench press days.)
Nice paper that I got the numbers from.
http://saudeemovimento.net.br/wp-content/uploads/bsk-pdf-manager/336_A_META-ANALYSIS_TO_DETERMINE_THE_DOSE_-_RESPONSE_FOR_STRENGTH_DEVELOPMENT.PDF
>>
>>35110195
r u lost m8?
>>
>>35110015
>Still can't tell if SS + GOMAD is a fucking meme or not, you fuckers confuse the shit out of me.
SS is fine for most people, if you ignore the nutritional advice (unless you are underweight)

gomad is only for severely underweight skellies, so advising it to skinny-fats and fatties is a meme, because it just makes them fat as fuck.

but the actual lifting side of SS is golden, try reading the book.

i tend to recommend greyskull lp with power cleans, but its almost the same as SS.

reg parks is good... SL is good, if you do it like reg parks where you do 2 warm up sets and 3 working sets (so its basically 3x5), that is good too...

>>35110706
don't do a ppl lmao.. you only need to hop on that when you need to increase your volume..
you shouldn't need to do that as a novice lifter..

maybe once you have been lifting 4-6 months you can hop on a split.

even then i prefer U/L/U
>>
>>35110244
SL is pretty meh.
too much volume to stick to the progression.
greyskull or SS is preferable.
>>
>>35110015
You do know you can read the book "starting strength" and make up your own mind.
My tip (of the fedora): SS is a great, simple strength program. Don't do GOMAD kek
>>
>>35110015
Do greyskull, it's fun as fuck. At the noob stage you don't need to bother with the fractional plates whatsoever
>>
File: 1442194985151.jpg (63 KB, 383x418) Image search: [Google]
1442194985151.jpg
63 KB, 383x418
>>35110015

AxBxAxx then BxAxBxx

A
Squat 3x5
Press 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
B
Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Deadlift 1x5

Do this for about 2 weeks. Then do:

A
Squat 3x5
Press 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
B
Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Power Clean 5x3
Weighted Chinups 3x5 (you can start unweighted or using the assistance machine if you can't do 5 bodyweight reps)

Add weight on EVERY workout. You can start adding around 6kg to the deadlift and squat, and 4kg to the bench and press. When you start feeling like the weight is getting heavy, lower to 4kg on the deadlift and squat, and 2kg bench and press. After a while, this is going to be too much to be able to keep adding on every workout. Then add 2kg to the deadlift and squat, and 1kg to the bench and press. Etc.

You'll be deadlifting 120kg in about 3 months, on average. And you will grow just as much muscle as other routines.
I'd say after about 6 weeks, you can start adding extra assistance exercises (mostly for the arms and shoulders). Curls, lying triceps extensions, lateral raises, facepulls, etc.

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ:The_Program

You can learn how to do the exercises with these videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/artofmanliness/search?query=rippetoe
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.