[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have less that 20$ a week yo eat. I can't afford a gym
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20151006_091530_804.jpg (210 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151006_091530_804.jpg
210 KB, 720x1280
I have less that 20$ a week yo eat. I can't afford a gym membership. So where do I go from here? Jogging and pushups? I have x1 20lb dumbell and x2 10lb.
>>
Less than * to eat*
>>
Duct tape the 2 10's together and now you have 2 20's. Tape those together for one 40
>>
Food = Textured vegetable protein, Frozen mixed vegetables, mi goreng noodles.

No gym is less than ideal but you can get by if you do a fuckton of chin ups and pullups. Eventually add a backpack.
>>
sell all 3 dumbells and sign up for a gym for a couple months

In the mean time get a fucking job
>>
no money for food but you can afford capeshit merch and a shitty mustache. get a mc job at starbucks since your probably already there so much you faggot
>>
>>35109471
Thanks.

>>35109485
Gyms around here have a sign up fee of 100$+
>>
>>35109570
Then be an adult, sign up for a credit card, get a fucking job, and pay it off later. If lifting is important to you then you would find a way.
>>
>>35109584
I am an adult. I'm not stupid enough to use a credit card I'm unable to pay off and I work at a hospital. The only things that matter in this thread is how much money I have available to use. If you can give me advice based off this then keep to yourself.
>>
Do plenty of squats on dicks, work the forearms while jerking multiple dudes off and reep the health benefits of plenty of high protein semen.
>>
>>35109675
That should work, thanks bro.
>>
>>35109416
Nice 'stache gains, mein neger.

My advice is simple: find a public park with a playground. Go there early in the morning to workout, avoiding the "who is that pedophile with the pedo stache?" glares from parents. Workout with body weight 1-2 times a week, then workout at home 1-2 times a week. Push up grips are a good cheap investment. I got mine for $10 on Amazon and they actually work, unlike most shitty fitness gimmicks.

I'd split my exercise like this:

Monday/Wednesday/Friday Workout
Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday/Sunday Rest

Workout A:
Squat w/ dumbbells - 20 reps, 5 sets
Push up w/ grips - 20 reps, 5 sets
Front raise w/ 20 lb dumbbell - 10 reps, 3 sets per side
Lateral raise w/ 20 lb dumbbell - 10 reps, 3 sets per side
Bent over laterals w/ 20 lb dumbbell - 10 reps, 3 sets per side
Crunches - 30 reps, 3 sets

Workout B (playground)
Pull up - 10 reps, 5 sets
Dips - 15 reps, 4 sets
Hanging leg raise - 15-25 reps, 3-4 sets
One foot calf raise standing on edge of platform, gripping bar for balance - 30 reps, 4 sets

I'd alternate workouts every other week so that you go workout A, B, A week 1 and then B, A, B week 2. Then repeat.

For food, eat rice and beans for protein/carbs. Meat is too expensive. Look for a fish oil supplement for good fats and consider buying a bottle of olive oil for some omega 6s. Splash a few tablespoons into your rice before or after cooking. Buy frozen veggies and fruit rather than the expensive organic, fresh shit.

Godspeed, anon.
>>
>>35109416
In case you're still young (under 21) I'd recommend either tricking or calisthenics (or both). Fun, cheap and effective. Especially if you hook up with other people in your area, the company alone makes it worth it and boosts your motivation fivefold.

I second eating frozen veg but would personally swap noodles for brown rice.
>>
Since you are a cheap fuck I recommend eating cheap meats, fish and protein powder but not textured vegetable protein like >>35109471 said. Ideally you get all your protein from real food and not processed powders.

Frozen fruits and frozen vegetables are cheaper then non frozen and should be eaten everyday so that you don't get any vitamin deficiencies. Rest of your calories are going to have to come from white rice.

I spend a lot of money on some high quality food and the majority of the calories I eat still come from white rice.

Calisthenics is okay but I bet if you looked hard enough you could find somewhere you could train for free. Maybe you have a friend who has equipment in his garage or some shit.
>>
File: sandow2.jpg (66 KB, 360x594) Image search: [Google]
sandow2.jpg
66 KB, 360x594
>>35109416
Your number one priority should be getting a better job and/or straightening out your financial issues. Since this is /fit/ I'll still address your original question but keep in mind that your life will still suck if you're buff and poor.

First off, if you're working and still only have $20 to eat, you probably make shit and therefore qualify for food stamps. Yes, it is embarrassing to be on benefits but a full belly feels better than shame hurts. Go apply.

Then, follow this cookbook for your meals:

http://www.leannebrown.com/

It's a $4/day cookbook designed specifically for people on food stamps to eat well. I started using it when I was homeless (cooked for friends in exchange for a place to stay) and I still use it because it's cheap, delicious, nutritious food.

As far as exercise you can do any bodyweight routine. Reddit's bodyweightfitness forum is a good resource.

So now your $20/week is freed up and you're working out. Again, your priority should be getting ahead financially. Either use that money to help pay whatever costs you have or reinvest it in getting a better job. Save up for community college or a vocational school, buy better clothes for interviews, whatever. Pinch the fuck out of your pennies to get ahead.

If you insist on spending it to become more /fit/, you can use the money to buy yourself a set of adjustable dumbbells and follow this routine:

evilcyber.com/fitness/the-eugen-sandow-workout-you-can-do-at-home/

It's Eugen Sandow (pic related)'s routine, taken from his book. You can buy the dumbbells for fairly cheap and then buy plates for them as necessary. The 10 lb dumbbells you have now would be a fine start.

Bonus tip: Consider "legally acquiring" You Need A Budget to clamp down on your costs. Good luck, man.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.