[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ive acquired a deficiency of vitamin D. I was feeling weak as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: vitamindsupplement[1].jpg (64 KB, 569x479) Image search: [Google]
vitamindsupplement[1].jpg
64 KB, 569x479
ive acquired a deficiency of vitamin D. I was feeling weak as fuck, my muscles were getting sore from doing minimal movements and now I am recovering, taking supplements and shit. The thing is, it seems that recovery takes some time, its been two months already, im not feeling 100% better; and i cant lift the way I could 4 months ago.

I live in a tropical third world country so the doctors here do not have any experience with vitamin D and they all give me contradictory instructions.

has anyone here had a similar issue? what exercises could I do until I get better?
>>
>>35107735

How the fuck do you get vitamin D deficiency in the tropics?
>>
>>35107777
i was living in UK. before that, I was spending most of the daytime in an office
>>
Take 10,000 IU a day, 5000 if you're taking vitamin K2 as well.
>>
>>35107880
i was told to take 2000 IU a day by a doctor. Another doctor said I should take 10.000. I decided to just take 6000 IU a day then.
>>
>>35108099

It really depends on your blood work, but 10000 won't kill you or make you sick. On too of that a good chunk won't get absorbed unless you're taking K2. I don't know the exact numbers, but you'd do good to get 5000 in your body if you were on 10000 a day.
>>
>>35108126
im not taking k2.

a third doctor even said that vitamin D supplements are bullshit and that I need to stay in the sun more often
>>
>>35107801
>i was living in UK. before that, I was spending most of the daytime in an office
>>35107735
>ive acquired a deficiency of vitamin D

No you don't, unless you're a darkskin nigger & you had your blood tested + a doctor confirmed your deficiency.
>>
>>35108142

Then yeah, take 10000 IU. The worst that will happen is that you feel better. I've been on that much and it fixed my depression a lot better than Zoloft did. Different bodies act differently, so your mileage may vary, but D3 is cheap so you may as well take it and see how you do.

And ideally, yeah, you shouldn't need supplementation, but a lot of people don't have the luxury of being in the sun enough to get where they need to be.
>>
>>35108142
>vitamin D supplements are bullshit and that I need to stay in the sun more often
Bingo.
>>
Some of you guys take 10000 IUs a day? Shit, you might be driving your blood calcium to higher than safe levels.

This article is very well written. His recommendations are 2000 to 4000
https://www.drfuhrman.com/library/vitamin_D_recommendations.aspx
>>
>>35108348

I've had blood work and my levels of everything are fine even with 10000 IU a day. To be fair, I get very little sunlight working an office job so I don't need to worry about however much I actually absorb from the supplements adding onto the amount my body would produce from sunlight.

That is a concern, though, Vitamin D in ridiculously high doses will cause hypercalcemia, but you need tens of thousands of IU to get there typically.
>>
Faggots just get your vitamin D from fish like a rational human being would.

Unless you have a fish allergy...
>>
>>35107880
>Take 10,000 IU a day, 5000 if you're taking vitamin K2
People have said on here that you need vitamin k to stop your arteries vlogging or something if you supplement with vitamin d
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.