[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are Oly super heavyweights so fat?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: reza.jpg (111 KB, 594x443) Image search: [Google]
reza.jpg
111 KB, 594x443
While powerlifters and strongmen of similar weight are usually jacked.

Pic related.

Not a bait thread.
>>
Nobody have some broscience theories they'd like to share?
>>
because you are looking at superheavyweight class lifters

duh
>>
because they eat a lot of FOOD on a daily basis
>>
>>35102256

Some powerlifters and strongmen of the same weight look decent and muscular, not fat. Read the post man.
>>
Becouse they get stronger when they eat more. If they try to lose weight, they lose numbers.
>>
>>35102337
/thread
>>
>>35102337
but couldn't they try to lose fat and get in a lower weight class? thereby having better results in competitions?
>>
>>35102436
It's not their focus, oly lifts are a pure numbers sport, not a Beauty contest.
>>
>>35102436
no offense, but its their profession they've been training for decades and know what they are capable of and what suits them best, I'm sure they've weighed out the possibilities.
>>
>>35102469
i know just trying to understand

like the lighter weight oly lifters are all low body fat so it seems like thats the most optimal
>>
>>35101970
powerlifters and strongmen do a lot more static pressing? idk why its a good question
>>
>>35102579
Yes, because they have to fit within their fucking weight class. No weight restrictions mean SHW don't need to maximize their LBM:weight ratio.
>>
File: pudzian.jpg (53 KB, 640x854) Image search: [Google]
pudzian.jpg
53 KB, 640x854
>>35102337

So do powerlifters and strongmen, yet some of them look good. Pudzian is 140kg in this pic. Look at some 140kg supers, they look like huge fat guys.
>>
File: 9857024784_019cceec61_b.jpg (321 KB, 1024x615) Image search: [Google]
9857024784_019cceec61_b.jpg
321 KB, 1024x615
>>35102327
>>35102676
for starters strongman has a wider variety of physiques in because of the variety of events. Some competitors stay leaner and smaller to have the advantage in mobile events while others bulk up more to have the advantage in static events
compare Pudzian to Eddie Hall for instance
>>
gotta get big to lift big
>>
I asked myself this question 10yrs ago

the answer is simply

>these guys are naturally fat
>there is no reason for them to diet
>there is no weight limit
>stuffing yourself like an animal gives more power and energy, it's not the bodyfat itself that does this
>you can theoretically achieve more maximal muscle mass if you are fat

the most important point is the first one
>>
>>35101970
Is he lifting for ISIS?
>>
>>35102706

Eddie Hall is 180kg and still looks more muscular than any 105+ oly lifter.
>>
>>35102743
kek

I'm pretty sure he shouts allahu akbar during his lifts, or something similar praising god.
>>
>>35102768
Gotta get them explosive lifts
>>
>>35102755
because he is. Oly lifting is a different sport and demands a different sort of training/diet, it's not about raw mass as much as it is about explosiveness and technique. Bear in mind that they still put bigger numbers overhead than even Big Z, at lower bodyweights
>>
There was a super heavy named Anatoly pisarenko (I mightve misspelled) who was fairly lean. Strongmen are lean because they have cardio events. Idk why powerlifters are lean sometimes
>>
>>35102786

They don't strict press them though, they drive with their legs and duck under the weight and catch it. I'm not knocking it, but Big Z can press a 230kg log with little leg drive. I wonder what would happen if Big Z transitioned into oly lifting.
>>
>>35102803

Yeah him and another Russian, Chigishev. Both were ''small'' in terms of bw for supers.
>>
>>35102768
he shouts ABUL FAZL!!!!!!!!

ABUL FAZL!!!!!!!!!!!!

fact!!!!!!!
>>
>>35102861

Whatever it is, it's pretty epic. Sounds like a war cry. Behdad Salimi (however it's spelt) does it too.
>>
>>35102878
he even names his son abul fazl too

epic fixation
>>
>>35102579
If they're +6'2 at their level even at super lean bodyweights they're going to be over 105kg, so what's the point of trying to be really lean if you're going to still be over 105kg, might as well not lose any muscle mass and be fat.
>>
>>35102815
Z would be up there but he uses quite a lot of leg drive with his big log presses. I believe that he strict presses about the same with a bar but don't quote me on that. Honestly don't know what he could clean and jerk, although with his genetics had he gone into it from the start he'd be a record breaker,
>>
>>35102973
Eh idk, look at koklyaev
>>
>>35102436

Some do. But not the superheavyweights.
>>
>>35103094
he competed in three sports concurrently, it would have been impossible for him to reach full potential in any of them. Also Z is one of the strongest men ever, arguably the strongest.
>>
>>35102815

I wonder why he went in powerlifting right at the beginning instead of into weightlifting. Powerlifting was an extremely obscure sport in Lithuania during the 1990s, while weightlifting was not.
>>
>>35101970
Because of the drug testing they can't get away with using anywhere near the strength/amount of gear that strongmen use
>>
>>35103094

Koklayev best log press was 20kg less than Big Zs, while Koklayev could clean and jerk 250kg and snatch 210.
>>
>>35103210

Russians don't have drug testing, except on competition day.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.