[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, about to start at a gym, you're supposed to do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1447905971779.jpg (26 KB, 510x476) Image search: [Google]
1447905971779.jpg
26 KB, 510x476
Hey guys, about to start at a gym, you're supposed to do an introduction with one of the trainers. I feel like they're going to make me do crossfit, but I'd rather do barbell exercises and a bit of cardio, how do I convince them?
>>
>>35100599
Find a better gym.

The intro is for "insurance purposes" but it's really just to make you feel like you should get a pt.
>>
tell them?
>>
>>35100599
>I feel like they're going to make me do crossfit

Why in the world would you do something you don't want to when you are paying. Just be clear about your goals and that you do not want crossfit related shit
>>
Tell them "no thanks, I'm straight"
>>
>>35100662
what if they try to argue with me that crossfit is better than barbells?
>>
>>35100677
Tell them that you are not there to argue. You are there to workout with classic equipment and proven routines.
>>
>>35100677
Then just don't listen. I'm pretty sure you can just say no to the introduction thing, either way. I started a gym that tried to get me to and just said "no thanks" and they literally never brought it up again.
>>
>>35100599
they scheduled the same thing for me but i told them i had something to do and didnt reschedule
>>
>>35100599
you are insecure little phaggot who is afraid to tell the trainers you dont want to be doing stupid shit. instead youre going to pay them and convience yourself that youre doing the right thing
>>
>>35100599
Literally just tell them that you don't want to do cross-fit, and would prefer a traditional weight lifting regimen.

Always remember, YOU are the one paying HIM. If he argues with you, be respectful and tell them you'll find another trainer.
>>
>>35100677
Dude, why are you so fucking concerned? Most gym introductions just show you how to use basic equipment and try to upsell their personal trainers and group classes. If they ask you just be like "naw thanks I appreciate the offer but I have my own routine i'm going to get in to". You reek of underageb& or autismo, one of the two.
>>
>>35100677
Nod politely and thank them for their advice. Do your barbell routine anyway. They're not gonna pester you about doing the wrong routine.

Also, is this a crossfit gym?
>>
File: 1447916955737.gif (1 MB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
1447916955737.gif
1 MB, 500x350
>>35100599
jesus christ get a grip
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.