[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /b/. I feel it in my chest when I do dumbbell flyes. Why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: unnamed.jpg (33 KB, 426x320) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
33 KB, 426x320
Hi /b/.

I feel it in my chest when I do dumbbell flyes. Why does this guy said it's useless?
>>
He says to do one side at time (cable flyes), so there's no risk of ripping off your chest. That's all.
>>
>>35099639
you have to remember this guy comes from a sports background he trains professional athletes and his job is to increase performance while keeping them healthy and injury-free
>>
Feeling something does not mean shit
>>
>>35099639
>mfw I fucked my left pec yesterday doing flyes
>mfw the pain is excruciating

Hold me /fit/
>>
>>35099687
Kind of like Jason Blaha
>>
he doesn't say it is useless, just stupid unsafe
>>
>>35099825
>just stupid unsafe
isn't this common knowledge didn't scooby tear his pec from them arnold too?
>>
>>35099659

Never knew this... I always did db flyes. Not anymore though. Something happened and now for the past 2 years my sternum pops when I do that motion without any weights.

Sometimes I stretch/yawn too hard in the morning and my sternum pops so bad that I am stuck in that position for 20 minutes before I can bear the pain enough to do the fly motion and pop it back so I can move it again.

Never figured out what this was... But probably from db flyes.
>>
Are chest dumbbell flies really unsafe or is it a meme like saying squats are unsafe?
>>
File: 9f1[2].jpg (23 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
9f1[2].jpg
23 KB, 600x600
>>35099659
>ripping off your chest
>>
>>35099659
you missed the fucking point, rewatch that video
>>
>>35099639
I get his point but I think he's not talking about the exercise I'm doing and I'm doing it for a different reason

but it's good to think through these things and the fucking psychics of it
>>
This guy is here to lecture beginners, when you know what you're doing flies are perfectly safe.
>>
>>35099639
>hi /b/

get out
>>
>>35099750
except jason blaha is nothing more than an internet meme
>>
>>35100206
You really think that heavy squats is a 100% safe exercise even with perfect form?
>>
>>35100577
Of course not, but nothing is 100% safe all the time. That doesn't mean it's a dangerous activity.
>>
>>35100755
So you have never browsed any injury threads in /fit/?
>>
i like flyes desu
>>
File: lightweight guillottine.jpg (53 KB, 700x396) Image search: [Google]
lightweight guillottine.jpg
53 KB, 700x396
>>35100577
>Y can be dangerous, so we shouldn't care if X is dangerous or not
10/10 relative privation fallacy

Yes, heavy squats is a 100% safe exercise with perfect form. The adjective "heavy" seems to suggest something "too heavy". Obviously that's not nice, with any exercise. If you try to squat 3pl8s 4*12 when your 1RP is 2pls8 - just to impress some grill around you - obviously you're asking for it. This is something that's true with ANY exercise.

>>35100819
/fit/ is populated by teens and retards who will never ask a PT anything because they have read it all on a korean average qt3.14 girl imageboard.

>>35099639
>>35099659
Dumbbell flies can be dangerous for your rotator cuffs. You should always check for the position of your shoulder blades (and keep them in place) for the whole duration of the exercise and you should keep the arms correctly bent and a little lower than with a dumbbell press.

Dumbbell chest press is the safe alternative; plus it's a compound exercise.
I feel that compound exercises (for chest/core/shoulders at least) are always better than isolated ones, for insertions but also for the average 4channitor uselessly brosplitting (you keep more muscles in check even if it's not their day)
>>
>>35100965
>/fit/ is populated by teens and retards who will never ask a PT anything because they have read it all on a korean average qt3.14 girl imageboard.

well yeah that is exactly the basic squat and deadlift meme spouting

yeah they're great excercises if you can do them with proper form

no they are not suitable for literally every person, there is no reason to fuck up your hip joint trying to reach depth when you're physiologically unable to

no, it's not a great idea to squat 3 plates after getting spinal fusion for 3 vertebrae. (actually read that here a while ago)

honestly, anyone taking fit's advice on actually important shit must be just plain retarded, there is some great advice here but only between 20 posts from complete dyels who have torrented SS and think they know shit
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.