[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you make it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4
File: hot_firefighter_no_homo.jpg (46 KB, 308x439) Image search: [Google]
hot_firefighter_no_homo.jpg
46 KB, 308x439
I know most of /fit/ are fat dyels lurking, and others are just roiders and curlbros, but someone must be actually fit here.. This are the tests you have to pass in order to become a firefighter where I live, some of them will be easy for the average gym brehs, but other's won't.

Would you make it?

>Instant disqualifications:
-Not being at lest 6 feet / 182 cm tall
-Flat feet
-Myopic or any other vision problems
-Weigh more than 100 kg / 220 lbs
-General health problems and birth defects
-Not considered mentally healthy by a psychologist
-Having criminal record

>1 - Cooper Test
Run 3km / 1.86 miles in less than 12 minutes

>2 - Speed Test
Run 60 meters / 65 yards in less than 8 seconds

>3 - Lower Body Strength Test
Jump 2.15 meters / 7 feet long. Must jump with both feet together and from stop

>4 - Upper Body Pull Test
Climb up a rope 6 meters / 20 feet tall, using just your arms, no jumping or shit

>5 - Upper Body Push Test
Bench press 50 kg / 110 lbs, 15 reps in 30 seconds

>6 - Swim Test
50 meters in 45 seconds, however you want to, starting inside the pool.

>7 - Apnea Test
Dive 25 meters long, without time limit, starting inside the water, no breathing.

Also may include a balance test, like walking through a wooden board or so, but everybody passes it for what I know.
>>
>>35098264
I actually read the start of this post and thought it was a list on /fit/'s "making it" criteriae.
>>
>>35098264
nice try faggot but we all know you just made that up
>>
>>35098264

>No manlets
>No shit tier genetic scum
>No fat fucks
>No autists
>No niggers

Forget about the tests, tell me where you live cause I'm moving there.
>>
No I am too short and heterosexual both the navy and firefighters would instantly disqualify me because of both.
>>
>>35098264
I am a firefighter, done and passed cooper test 4 times
>>
>>35098264

>No
>No
>Yes
>Yes
>Yes
>No
>Don't think so

I'm king of manlets, so I don't give a fuck, also cardio kills gains you faggot
>>
>>35098323
Also where is this? Never heard of height requirements..im 5'11
>>
>>35098264
>Can easily do all of this and pass the list.

Your list sucks, I'm still a hungry skele aswell.
>>
>>35098343

Post pics of body pls
>>
Pull test and speed test might get me, the others are fine. Got a record and am shortsighted though, so not like it matters.
>>
File: 20150703_143211.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20150703_143211.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>35098345
At work brobean, all I have on my phone is pics of my dog.
>>
>>35098264

The test is a laugh, I'm not "mentally fit" though.

You're not as special as you think, senpai
>>
agreeing with other poster, i'm 6" 150lb.
Basically skelly and I feel pretty confident i could wreck that test.
>>
>>35098264
>>35098264
Active duty mil-fag, can do most of that:

>1. Probably. Ran my last 1.5 in 9:51.
>2. Again, probably. Got a long stride, so that'd help.
>3. No idea.
>4. Yes, done that one before actually
>5. Yup
>6. Yes. Swim 500m in 9:34
>7. Yes. It's part of the PAST. I've done 50m underwater once.
>>
>>35098264

Is the no criminal record thing a negro thing? Or is it legit?
>>
Tfw these tests nothing compared to an average day in the RMC.

Seems pretty easy to me OP
>>
Can probably 98% do all, esp the run, as I am training to join the Royal Marines
>>35098422
do you also mean Royal Marines?
>>
>>35098422

What are the physical requirements for RMC.

Was thinking of joining after one of my students just returned from duty.
>>
>>35098264
I'm a shit swimmer, and I can't say I've ever just jumped for distance but otherwise I could probably do it.
>>
File: image.jpg (287 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
287 KB, 1280x960
>>35098451
I meant Royal Marine Commando's yes, but the Dutch ones. In the Netherlands it's the most difficult training to follow - together with the commando's. Spend a fuckton of time in the UK tho with a ton of RMC lads, they're all right. Major difference between training with us and them is that we don't sleep in the Baracks for 6 months - just in the woods and some weekends at home. For the rest training is pretty likeminded.

For us the tests + physical requirements put a group from 16000 applicants to 1200 and only 250 passed training at the end. Our phys. Requirements are pretty weird tho, cuz we use the MAST (Marinier Algemene Selectie Test - general marine selection tests) where you swim a ton, run 3.2 k under 12 (not too hard), experience hypothermia, lots of climbing, a "free run" course, martial arts, abseiling, storm tracks (obstacles stuff) etc. for everything you get put in a group (if you pass) with your "grade". Most people can't complete the training so eventually you'll end up with a really small group. MAST used to take 3 days, now 6 I believe.

Pic related, me. It's a few years old tho
>>
>>35098542
You ever thought about joining the Kommandokorps there? Am I right in saying they are the Special Forces? I mean the ones that share our Commando dagger.
I am going to start my app next September or August and hoping for the PRMC, the similar to yours to earn the right to enter training, for June/July or Sept 2017, then finish uni and start training when I've finished.
>>
File: image.jpg (169 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
169 KB, 750x750
>>35098571
KCT you mean I think. They're the Korps Commando Troepen. They share the dagger yeah. RNLMC has the anker only. In the Netherlands you have three main units of SF. Firstly the KCT you spoke of, secondly the MARSOF (RNLMC SOF) and the BSB (military police SF).

Didn't want To go to the KCT because there is no group spirit, you have to do everything, every single thing, on your own. That's cool and all, but I enjoy fucking around sometimes with my mates (and as you know in the RMC and RNLMC that happens a lot, banter is good to battle the intense stress you undergo). In the KCT there is no banter, there is no fun, they're all homosex.

Pic related, really, really recent photo of me and my mate. I've got another hair color now.
>>
>>35098616
Sounds sick m8. My family lives in Holland so very interesting. Can't wait to start to join, I feel nervous/excited even when I just watch videos lmao
>>
I can do most of those. Main problem would be the rope climb. But I'm also instantly disqualified on like, five of those qualifications.
>>
>>35098633
Alright senpai, sounds good. If you like you should check the video "The Chosen Ones / de Uitverkorenen" on jewtube. It's 2min something long and it has English subtitles. I won't post any other related stuff from me cuz photos shouldn't be shared and I can't upload videos on my phone. Good luck with your training and remember: rucking sucks for everyone, don't be that guy that complains. You an always keep moving no matter how much pain you have. You'll get used to it.

>tfw last week I had a 48k rucking session in one go and 22 km diving. It's insane how much a body can handle.
>>
I have flat feet. Apart from making me obviously genetically inferior, what does this matter?
>>
>>35098358
Nice doge, breh.
>>
>>35098657
Oh yeah I understand. I have a quiet confidence in myself but it will be hard as fuck. You get what I mean I think. "become the grey man"
>>
>>35098264
there are no height and weight requirements, youre just projecting
op is a kek
SAGE
>>
>>35098704
By not standing out you will stand out later in the best possible way.
>>
>>35098264
Below 182cm = manlet? Jesus fuck how insecure are people exactly on this thread? Min should at least be 178cm, or even 180cm.
>>
>>35098264

>-Not being at lest 6 feet / 182 cm tall

>-Flat feet
nope
>-Myopic or any other vision problems
nope
>-Weigh more than 100 kg / 220 lbs
88kg
>-General health problems and birth defects
no
>-Not considered mentally healthy by a psychologist
Borderline, so probably fail here
>-Having criminal record
nope
>>1 - Cooper Test
>Run 3km / 1.86 miles in less than 12 minutes
give me 2-3 weeks
>>2 - Speed Test
>Run 60 meters / 65 yards in less than 8 seconds
easily
>>3 - Lower Body Strength Test
>Jump 2.15 meters / 7 feet long. Must jump with both feet together and from stop
easily
>>4 - Upper Body Pull Test
>Climb up a rope 6 meters / 20 feet tall, using just your arms, no jumping or shit
easily
>>5 - Upper Body Push Test
>Bench press 50 kg / 110 lbs, 15 reps in 30 seconds
lol, pull test was much harder
>>6 - Swim Test
>50 meters in 45 seconds, however you want to, starting inside the pool.
I can't swim, just float, so 99% fail
>>7 - Apnea Test
>Dive 25 meters long, without time limit, starting inside the water, no breathing.
I don't know, probably failed too
>>
I'm myopic
>>
>>35098264
>Weigh more than 100 kg / 220 lbs

So anyone that actually lifts is disqualified?
>>
>>35098264
I get the feeling that man is not actually a firefighter
>>
>>35099146
I weigh less than half of that. I'm safe.
>>
I've known plenty of firefighters, even some Army firefighters, none of them ever mentioned this test and there's no way in hell any of them would pass.
>>
>>35098264
185 cm
>-Flat feet
Nope
>-Myopic or any other vision problems
Perfect vision
>-Weigh more than 100 kg / 220 lbs
72 kg currently
>-General health problems and birth defects
Nothing, no chronic diseases, no medication.
>-Not considered mentally healthy by a psychologist
Nope, perfectly fine.
>-Having criminal record
Nope

I would probably fail many of the other tests though. I've been really immovable in my childhood and adolescence, now there's a lot that I'm lacking. I don't think I can really swim, honestly, I've never been swimming for at least 8 years because of body shame. I know I wouldn't drown and I can somewhat move forward, but that's it.
>>
>>35098358
What a qt
>>
>>35098264
The flat feet and bad vision always get me
>>
>>35098542

3/10
>>
>>35098264

I did all of these, and more, during my addmission test to special forces.

Unfortunately, I am only 178cm tall. So no firefighting for me. I do make better money tho, so I'll manage.
>>
>>35098358
h-hi thad
>>
>>35098264
>>Instant disqualifications:

das a good one fami
>>
>>35098264
>weigh more than 100kg. Kek
>>
>>35098264
Made up you stupid faggot
Source: former emt here
>>
>>35102244

You do realize that diferent cities, states and countries have diferent requirements?
>>
>>35098542

Enjoy getting killed to make the rich richer faggot
>>
>>35098264

Why the fuck would firefighters have a height requirements?

Why would armed forces have a height requirements?

Stop being such fucking idiots, what does the army gain from having a 6'5 foot guy over a 5'7?? If anything, the 5'7 guy is much better suited (if just as strong etc.) because less target area.
>>
Mopia, ASPD, felony charges
rip
>>
>>35098264
>Myopic
Well, I tried
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.