[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just started body building... asking everyone allot of questions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: e4jbIklvmhzrFgLO.jpg (34 KB, 625x232) Image search: [Google]
e4jbIklvmhzrFgLO.jpg
34 KB, 625x232
Just started body building... asking everyone allot of questions and buying fitness books to learn as much as I can..
How much protein should I be eating? Including drinks and can I possibly be eating/drinking too much protein?
>>
>>35096013
sticky cunt
>>
>>35096020
It doesn't say anything about the daily protein limit..?
>>
>how much proton
depends on your weight 100-150g is usually fine honestly, the 60000g protien is a fit meme

>including drinks
those are a meme unless you dont like meat dont buy them

>eating/drinking too much

yes but all it does is turn itself into glucose through a process called Gluconeogenesis so basically all it is if you eat too much to process is carbs
>>
>>35096064
Thank you!
So excess protein wont turn to fat?
>>
>>35096096
And do you really think drinks are unnecessary ?
I want to be one of those HUGE guys you see in mens health magazines
>>
>>35096013
Work out how many calories you're going to be eating each day. Roughly 20% to 25% of your total caloric intake should be protein. 50-60% should be carbs so you should try to find as many foods as you can with twice as many carbs as protein.

Also, you won't need a huge amount of calories to grow. Starting off you most likely want to get your body lean (visible abs, the whole she-bang) then start clean bulking. You'll have much greater success with this.
>>
>>35096013
>"buying fitness books to learn as much as I can.."
>"How much protein should I be eating?"

Uh huh. Which books did you get OP? How about reading them.
>>
>>35096235
Ripped, mens health and muscle and fitness magazines and I've noticed they all have allot of conflicting information... the same with some of the info i've heard on here..
Like the one book tells me equal carbs to protein and another will say more protein then carbs and now >>35096205
says only 20-25% of my calorie intake of the day should be proteins and 60% carbs?
Can anyone not see how I'm confused?
I'm 19 and really am serious about body building... just want all the information my brain can absorb
>>
>>35096055
its says how much you need for cutting, bulking and maintenance. You canntake inntoo much protein but you need to be a fucking moron to and absolutely overdo it every day
>>
>>35096272
OK buddy, you're just starting out so you aren't a bodybuilder yet. You're still a normal human being. If you ask any nutritionist, the macronutrient distribution for normal human beings is 20-25% protein, 20-25% fats and 50-60% carbs.

Start off in this range. A year or two down the track you can start ramping up your protein levels as you become more serious and your body adjusts.

For bulking up cleanly, I'd say go for 25% protein, 25% fat and 50% carbs. Try to get a lot of unsaturated fats like those found in nuts as they will help balance your hormones to make gains.

Get a lot of your carbs from veges and some from fruit because I'm just going to assume you are going to get most of your protein from dairy and protein powder so you'll need the fibre
>>
>>35096109
You're going to need steroids for that. Not trolling you, just being dead serious if you want to be seriously huge. The longer you lift, the more you will realize that the big guys are on gear. Yes, they fucking lie through their teeth about it because legality or some sort of pride bullshit.

I only say it because you will have to be prepared to roid if that is your goal.
>>
is this actually a serious thread? i cant tell anymore.
>>
>>35096405
having my doubts too, its new year soon so anything is possible for the next 2 months
>>
>>35096272
>allot of conflicting information...

Fitness magazines don't give a shit about you doing well or providing "accurate" info.

They are there to sell copies.

Dump the horse shit fitness magazine science, read the sticky, and find more info that isn't shit out to fill out the headlines that sold you a magazine.
>>
>>35096013
healthy and normal way to start is one gram per pound of body weight i have heard
>>
>>35096433
>Dump the horse shit fitness magazine science, read the sticky, and find more info that isn't shit out to fill out the headlines that sold you a magazine.
The sticky is fucking retarded and gives a text blowjob to a sub shit tier power lifting program and has stupid dieting advice.
>>
>>35096471
Still less retarded than the shit men's health shits out monthly.
>>
>>35096096
One gram of protein = 4 calories
If you exceed more calories than you burn then it will turn to fat.

>>35096109
>And do you really think drinks are unnecessary
You mean protein powder? They're necessary if you're having a problem reaching your macros eating normal food. For me personally it's easy to hit my goals eating protein rich foods like beans, chicken, fish, but for someone else it might be hard and that's where protein powder helps.
>>
>>35096471
>has stupid dieting advice
>basic dieting principles
>stupid
Not going to make it.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.