[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>2015 >not doing 225 lbs upright rows it's like you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
>2015
>not doing 225 lbs upright rows

it's like you don't wanna make it guise
>>
>>35094823
>doing upright rows
literally why?
>>
Cool
>>
rip shoulders
>>
Is it broscience that these are really bad for your shoulders?
>>
>>35094945
Like with any exercise, it is bad and you can be in risk of injury if your form is shit.

I've been doing upright rows for two+ years and never had a problem with my shoulders.
>>
if arnold did it, then I do it
simple as that
>>
>>35094945

There's a few different rotator cuff layouts, your genetics determine it. Some are at high risk of impingement during upright rows, some moderate, others not at all. I had a doctor explain this to me after I blew out my rotator cuff doing a completely unrelated exercise. I asked about upright rows and if they were potentially a factor in my injury, but he said after some testing my cuff layout doesn't cause impingement during that movement.

It's just something you gotta try for yourself and see if it works. If it hurts your shoulders, then don't do it, that simple. If it doesn't hurt or cause any tightness/inflammation, then row away motherfucker.

I love upright rows, especially doing them heavy as fuck. Used to do them at 2pl8 back when I competed, can't do that anymore, not for reps at least. I can rock out 1pl8 and some change though. They build some thick as fuck traps.
>>
>>35094940
bretty much, hurts like hell in the shoulders when i do this excerise move
>>
SAY GOODBYE TO SHOULDERS AND HELLO TO GAINS
>>
>>35094823
you fuckers make me feel weak ;_;
>>
File: peoy.png (252 KB, 503x469) Image search: [Google]
peoy.png
252 KB, 503x469
>>35094823
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lny5dF4z228
>>
File: klokov high pull.webm (2 MB, 764x720) Image search: [Google]
klokov high pull.webm
2 MB, 764x720
>>35095812
>>
>>35095822
rip back
>>
>>35094823
rip wrists
>>
>>35094823
Shoulder snaps RIP
>>
>>35095926
>>35095944
>>35095992
Individual experiences give different outcomes.
>>
>>35095822
That dude has the most amazing body
> no homo>>35095926
>>
>>35095822
See how wide his grip is? There is no impingement there. I would just suggest that if you want to do upright rows, don't use a barbell. Use a couple dumbells or even a rope on a cable to allow more freedom of movement of the wrists.
>>
>>35095992
>>35095944
>>35095926

Don't mean to appeal to power, but he is an olympic level wieghtlifter
>>
>>35095090
how can you tell the difference between the expected pain from doing the exercise vs pain which means you should stop?
>>
>>35096472
you shouldn't feel pain from exercise?

like you should feel sore but like pull a muscle and you'll feel the difference
>>
>>35094833
>>being this stupid
How the fuck are you still alive?
>>
my gf swears upright rows is the best exercise
keep telling her she's gonna fuck up her shoulders soon enough
>>
>>35094823
Doesn't this kill your wrists over time?
>>
>>35099229
Wider grip helps.

People tend to use a really narrow grip which doesn't really achieve anything, other than wrist pain; all you need to do is get your shoulders parallel.
>>
>>35094823
>2015
>doing that shit
baka senpai
>>
>>35095090
>They build some thick as fuck traps
If you have a narrow grip. But they should really be used for posterior delts. That's like saying it makes your arms big. Well yeah, if your form is retarded.
>>
>lifting

It's like you don't want to make it
>>
>>35095759
dont feel bad without you we wouldn't feel stong
>>
>>35097068
I think he means during exrecise? Well, it's the same, you don't pick up 50 pound dumbels and do 1 rep of ohp and feel like youer shoulders are going to explode...? No, the pain comes on over the 5-15 reps you do.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.