[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else here get stretch marks from lifting?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: 15cer06.jpg (51 KB, 1000x1600) Image search: [Google]
15cer06.jpg
51 KB, 1000x1600
I've been rubbing emu oil and Vitamin E cream on them and they have gone down quite a bit but now there are some new ones coming up. How can I get rid of them or make them less visible? I don't want to stop lifting. Pic related, mine are slightly worse than his.
>>
>>35094705
i got them on my shoulder. Just make sure you lotion up before and after every workout and drink fuck loads of water to keep the skin in ideal condition
>>
>>35094711
Yeah dude I've been forcing myself to drink 2.5L water everyday and today I wake up and see one long as vertical stretch mark going straight from my bicep to tricep. Felt bad man
>>
>>35094705
You can't get rid of them. They're scars. Unfortunately, they aren't even cool scars. They're bitch scars. Preventing them from happening is the only thing you can do
>>
>>35094735
>forcing myself to drink 2.5L of water everyday
>forcing myself
>to drink 2.5L
>of water
>everyday

You think this is a lot? What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>be recovering fatty
>have more stretchmarks now than when I was 70lb heavier
>>
>>35094805
well it is for me and 95% of normal people
>>
>>35094829
So how much fluid does the average, healthy adult living in a temperate climate need? The Institute of Medicine determined that an adequate intake (AI) for men is roughly about 13 cups (3 liters) of total beverages a day. The AI for women is about 9 cups (2.2 liters) of total beverages a day.

>http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/water/art-20044256
>>
>>35094882
>beverages
I'm talking straight water mi familia
>>
>>35094882
This is considered "Adequate", not optimal. And that is for the average person, doing average daily activities. The adequate amount for a fit individual working out on the regular including their average person activities would be far greater.
>>
>>35094899

Today, the IOM liberally recommends an even higher volume of total daily water intake: 3.7 liters (15 cups) for the average adult male and 2.7 liters (11 cups) for the average adult female.

>http://www.onemedical.com/blog/live-well/daily-water-intake/
>>
>>35094904
>>35094922
I need to drink more water then
>>
>>35094957
I recommend that you do. Get a 1L nalgene bottle or something similar if you haven't already got one.
>>
File: front.10.full.jpg (373 KB, 700x1987) Image search: [Google]
front.10.full.jpg
373 KB, 700x1987
>>35095002
>mfw living in poverty
>>
>>35095002
>2015
>Paying for a water container

I know you're not gonna make it because of your low IQ.

I guess you follow recipes from pics as well
>>
>>35095002
http://store.nalgene.com/Translucent-32-Ounce-Narrow-Mouth-Water-Bottle-p/tranz%2032%20oz%20narrow%20mouth.htm
Nalgene is having a sale on their trans line right now, both narrow and wide mouth bottles.
>>
>>35094882
Do you even understand food?
>>
>>35095052
You can't afford a 1 dollar water bottle from Walmart or something? I guarantee you could get a reusable water bottle for the price that that beverage cost. Don't reuse those bottles man, the chemicals in the plastic leach into the water with repeated use. Look it up.
>>
>>35094705
look up microneedling on pubmed. there's peer reviewed studies showing its effectiveness in scar treatment. it will work especially well since your stretch marks appear to be new. it sure got rid of the giant ones i had on my ass from squatting.
>>
>>35097362
actually this is false
in fact a plastic bottle is its most reactive the first time it's used and leaches progressively less with each use. this means the most contaminated drink in a given plastic bottle: the one they sold you.
>>
>>35097389
this makes sense
>>
>>35097382
> microneedling
do you actually penetrate your skin or it's like a massage?
>>
>>35094922
God damn I don't even drink a tenth of that.
>>
>>35097443
lol just watched crazy bitches on youtube do this to their perfect face skin "every 3 or 4 days"
>>
>>35097443
its actual penetration. the ones long enough to fix scars are supposed to be used like once a month or once every 2 months.

>>35097537
those dumb bitches a youtube are using the short ass ones used for drug absorption that does absolutely nothing for scars. if they did penetrate deep enough for scars there's a good amount of bleeding.

you niggers should be use pubmed and not youtube
>>
>>35094705

WTF am I looking that is that your leg or arm? I can't see any muscle, are you sure you're getting stretch marks from lifting and not from being a huge phaggot?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.