[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy Jesus fucking Christ /fit/, so just now I decided that my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8
File: 62654367.jpg (36 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
62654367.jpg
36 KB, 250x250
Holy Jesus fucking Christ /fit/, so just now I decided that my 5'8" 270Lbs fat ass self start to actually try to lose some weight. I just finished jogging for 20 minutes and I feel like I'm gonna slowly die at any moment, Jesus /fit/ how the fuck can you guys do that everyday!? I really want to but fuck me man I know I can't do it myself. I'm gonna need some boosters like protein shakes or something. Anyways help me /fit/ I need the support to do this tomorrow and the day after etc.
>pic unrelated
>>
File: 1298832647089.jpg (65 KB, 600x428) Image search: [Google]
1298832647089.jpg
65 KB, 600x428
it gets easier with practice, like all things. Then you increase your speed or mileage.

Read the fucking sticky, learn to count calories and keep a daily caloric budget. Best of luck.
>>
File: _20151130_013216.jpg (167 KB, 1080x1037) Image search: [Google]
_20151130_013216.jpg
167 KB, 1080x1037
>>35094058
Do it for the girls, OP
>>
>>35094058
steroids help recovery
>>
Don't do it for the girls.

Read the sticky, Google couch to 5k, sign up for a free myfitnesspal account, read the sticky again, throw out everything in your kitchen, and buy a good scale that measures in grams. Then read the sticky again.

If that sounds like too much work to do tonight, then duck off back to /b/.
>>
>>35094087
>>35094149
I thought the sticky wasn't necessary but I think it is now. I'm gonna go ahead and read it.
>>
>>35094058

Once you're not carrying over a 100lbs of excess lard and you have some muscle, it won't be so hard.
>>
You gotta save yourself op, nobody and nothing can make it easier or better or help in any way. i can't tell you what to do, inly give you resources and options. Lifting, running, good nutrition, calisthenics, it's all god for you and it's all gunnu suck until you lose the weight and get your body back. People have done it before
>>
>>35094058

In my experience, ive learnt that weight loss is a lot about mental strength and having a positive and progressive mind-state. When you're fat, you lack a lot of confidence and this will show in your work outs like where you have said "I can't do it myself".

IT TAKES TIME. BUT IF YOU TELL YOURSELF YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH AND STRONG ENOUGH TO DO IT, YOU WILL ACTUALLY DO IT.

Feel free to ask some questions, I might post pics but i lost 35-40 kg in around a year and a half.
>>
You only feel like garbage the first few times. After like a week or two you've adjusted to it and can start focusing on improving instead of not dying.
>>
>>35094058
ex fatty here, went from 250 to 145 (5'7") in about 10 months.

you can do it bro
>>
>>35094217
That's one thing about me, I'm very confident despite my weight. Still tho I really need to, like this guy said>>35094212 save myself and start losing all this excess weight. I'm reading the sticky right now. One question tho, how can I overcome the soreness?

>>35094256
It really helps to see people were like me and now they're howni want to be.

>>35094235
Gotcha
>>
>>35094256
>5'7''
manlet detected
>>
>>35094166
It is most definitely necessary. It gives you the foundational knowledge that will prevent you from floundering and explain to you what changes need to be made.
>>
>>35094962
Underrated poast
>>
Eat less you fat manlet. That's literally all you should be worried about right now, FIX YOUR DIET first, THEN worry about excercise. Small steps turn into big life changes.

Also, don't believe in yourself. Believe in the Zyzz who believes in you.
>>
don't waste your time with jogging

lift weights, even if it's body weight. squats and lunges with proper form will burn way more calories than jogging and build muscle
>>
>>35094088
this bitch looks insufferable to be around
>>
File: tommypickles.jpg (25 KB, 231x224) Image search: [Google]
tommypickles.jpg
25 KB, 231x224
>>35094285

>Graduate High School at 300 lbs
>6'3", 4.5 inch dick
>Disgusted with my fat gut and terrible acne
>Simultaneously discover abhorrently autistic motivation to get in shape
>Remove the kebabs from my diet
>After a few weeks my appetite went away, could feel full on much less
>Ride bike 3 times a week during summer
>Got into lifting a few months ago
>Down to 240 lbs and feeling light as a feather
>Still 6'3"
>Dick is almost at 6 inch now
>>
>>35094058
You don't need protein shakes to jog you miserable dunce.
>>
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 259x194
Bruh went from 250 to 205 in about 6 months it gets easier, and my motivation was bitches don't like it when your titties are bigger than theirs
>>
Not OP, but I'm reading stickies and am a bit confused. Being a fat fuck sucks, I want to lose weight. My motivation, not being a fat fuck.

So, change diet, work out. do I just start jogging and lifting immediately? Just change the diet immediately? How do I work all of what I need into the diet? am I just looking for protein, carbs, and good fat?
>>
>>35094058
youre too fat to run m8 you need to swim or something less crushing on your bones (not a meme you will actually fuck your shit up pretty easily)
>>
You not understanding how we work out almost everyday is like us not understanding how you eat so much everyday.
>>
>>35096147
Diet is far and away the hardest part. Start slow. Make one or two changes at a time - but make them meaningful. Cutting out sugary drinks, for example. Then move on to something else, then something else after. If you try to do it all at once you'll crap out. Diet is also hard to get good, reliable information on. The diet food industry is huge, and there are ads, articles, and broscience galore. Focus on little, common sense things that you can do while researching the bigger stuff. Some easy suggestions would be:

>cut out drinkable calories (beer, soda, juice, etc)
>cut back on simple carbs (white rice, etc)
>eat more protein (lean protein, not bacon!)
>eat more fiber
>drink more water

The last four are huge. Protein will keep you fuller, longer. Fiber will do the same and you can subtract any dietary fiber from the calorie content of whatever you're eating. And cutting back simple carbs (ie, sugar) will reduce your body's use of insulin, which will reduce hunger cravings. And water: your urine should be clear to light yellow at the darkest. Being hydrated makes your body run better and keeps you full. It will also reduce water retention.

Just take it a few things at a time. It's a journey, not a destination, and if you don't have the patience to get a proper start, you'll never finish. Take it easy in the gym at first, because your body isn't in great shape. Always strive for more and push yourself, but avoid doing stupid shit like squatting huge amounts of weight and snapping your shit up. Little steps.
>>
>>35096351
Alright. Thanks. There are so many unfounded claims out there, so hard to dig through all the bullshit.
>>
>>35094256
What did you do?
>>
>>35094058

Three things:

1. Good job.
2. Running is good, but isn't an effective weight management tool on its own (i.e. you can't outrun a bad diet).
3. Rather than going hard for a couple of days and then burning out, consider a running program that tapers gradually (specifically C25K, which is routinely cited by former fatties as an effective path to an active lifestyle and weight management).

Read the sticky and pay attention to your diet in addition to your running (the former is probably the more important of the two), but keep up the good work, and try to find a program that you can stick with over the long haul.

Good luck!
>>
>>35094058
I weigh 380. I jog 30 minutes a day. I feel like I am going to die. You are just a bitch.
>>
>>35097311

Your knees will die before you do. Consider swimming.
>>
File: image.gif (905 KB, 328x480) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
905 KB, 328x480
>>35094058
>boosters like protien shakes
Please eat less and dont fall for protien shake meme
>>
>>35097165

bestiality isn't allowed
>>
>>35097965
You aren't allowed
>>
>>35094058
WHY DO PEOPLE TELL FATTIES TO RUN WHEN JUMP ROPES EXIST?
>>
>doing squats
>feeling the burn
>getting fierce
>remember my uncle buttfucks me when he's drunk
>alpha particles escaping containment
>beta carotine levels rising dangerously
>need a booster protein shake
>grab booster from emergency shake chest holster I wear under my tweed workout jacket
>bring delicious salty shake to my lips

OOOOOOOH YEEEEEEAAH DADDY NEEDS HIS MEDICINE
>>
>>35098195

kek'd
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.