[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any good reasons to get most of your carbs from rice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: fruit.jpg (3 MB, 3818x2540) Image search: [Google]
fruit.jpg
3 MB, 3818x2540
Is there any good reasons to get most of your carbs from rice or pasta instead of fruit?
>>
>>35090646
I actually prefer foods over rice. Every eve I eat chicken breast with some salad and some fruit. When eating carbs, why not carbs and micros at once?
>>
>>35090646
Sugar content
>>
>>35090726
Maybe the amount of sugar on the fruit. I avoid rice and pasta and go for brocoli, aubergine, zucchini, spinach, etc. You can eat lots of those kind of veggies and keep your macros in check. If I really feel the need for carbs, I would make a sandwich with whole grain bread.
>>
>>35090646
Idk some fruits give me real bad acid reflux and diahrrea.
>>
>>35090828
>>35090846
Only free sugar are despised.
>http://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/releases/2015/sugar-guideline/en/
Sugars naturally present in fruit are not a concern as per glycemic index and fat.
>>
>>35090828
>>35090846
Fruit has fibre which means not all of the sugar is digested. Fruit is not high in sugar this is a myth
>>
>>35090828
>>35090846

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/releases/2015/sugar-guideline/en/

>The WHO guideline does not refer to the sugars in fresh fruits and vegetables, and sugars naturally present in milk, because there is no reported evidence of adverse effects of consuming these sugars.
>>
>>35090864

Certain compounds in fruit also keep sugar from harming you

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/if-fructose-is-bad-what-about-fruit/
>>
>>35090863
>>35090864
>>35090869
That will teach me. Thanks anons. However, I never said you shouldn't eat fruits. I was trying to say that replacing carbs at all with fruits was maybe not a very good idea.
>>
>not eating a variety of fruits and whole grains

Whole grains have more minerals, fiber, and protein, fruits have more vitamin C, polyphenols, and digest more easily. I eat fruits for snacks or before exercising and I eat grains at meals.
>>
>>35091037
I do, i'm just wondering if i should reduce my grain intake and eat more fruit.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.