[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fit's opinion to boxing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6
File: wladimir-klitschko_2698184b.jpg (61 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
wladimir-klitschko_2698184b.jpg
61 KB, 620x387
Is this the ultimate sport mixed with gym?
>>
It's excellent in it's own way.

As far as the martial arts go you're missing half of the picture if you don't train take-downs or ground game.

As far as bodily capability, I would add in flexibility training and tae-kwon-do for their kick variety, but that's just me.
>>
It's not the martial art that will save your life in Detroit, but it's fun and a great workout
>>
Been boxing for 3 months, it's great, but I keep getting my ass kicked

>Tfw terrible guard
>Tfw not afraid to go aggressive, but keep letting my guard down, so more experienced boxers rek me everytime

Still working on it, tho
>>
Boxing is a good sport because it is the closest thing you can get to fighting while having rules that prevent people from getting seriously injured like the way you could in a real fight.

It is also designed for people of similar heights or to give an advantage to the taller person. The advantage of reach is diminished greatly in a self defense scenario or a properly fought MMA match. It is still an advantage, but not as significant as it is in boxing. If you think you are just going to hold someone at bay because you are a few inches taller boy do I have news for you.
>>
it would be neat, if only it incorporated elbows, knees and kicks.

great cardio though
>>
>>35088118

manlet detected.

Tall guys always beat small guys

great bait anyway
>>
>>35088140
Not if the shorter guy knows what he's doing

Having longer arms isn't an advantage if the other guy gets too close
>>
>>35088104
Work on your step in. Aggressive isn't wrong.
>>
>>35088140
Mike Tyson is 5'10"
>>
>>35088140
This is what it looks like when someone is so indoctrinated by ebin maymays they can't even think for themselves

Please try to look up things before you post
>>
As always, it depends on your goals.
Boxing will make you look pretty good and is good for your cardio and endurance. You won't be super strong though, and you won't get huge from boxing training. If you want to look decent and be "in shape" by normie standards and be able to fight 9/10 guys on the street then boxing is great. If you want to be big, look big, and be very strong, boxing is counter productive. Olympic lifting is the best sport for fitness, and outside of lifting rugby and track and field (sprinting, long jump, etc.) are very good sports for strength and aesthetics. American football too, but nobody plays that competitively as adults unless they're semi professional or better.
>>
>>35088140
>Tall guys always beat small guys

Win 16–0 United States David Jaco TKO 1 (10), 2:16 1986-01-11 United States Plaza Convention Center, Albany, New York

Tyson- 5'10"
Jaco- 6'6"

Tyson beat him in literally one fucking round.
>>
>>35088226
>oly lifting is the best for fitness
Keep telling yourself that
>>
File: 168023.jpg (42 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
168023.jpg
42 KB, 620x413
>>35087792
>falling for the boxing maymay
>>
>>35088233
thats because tyson only beat B- ifghters
>>
>>35088241
I don't even do it, it's just true, if you want to say a real sport. You'll look better and be healthier from Olympic lifting than from power lifting. You'll be stronger than sprinters and rugby players.
Bodybuilding is best for most people on /fit/'s goals, but it's not really a sport in any sense of the word.
>>
>>35088359
>thats because tyson only beat B- ifghters

"Tall guys always beat small guys" though it shouldn't matter how shitty a fighter they are if they are tall. Right?
>>
If I take up boxing asa serious hobby, but don't invest my whole life into it, will I still be at serious risk of brain damagamageamage?
>>
>>35088233
Yea lets use an anomaly in the sport to prove our point.
>tyson was only 5'10" though
learn how to back up your argument properly before you use an outlier.

>Ali was 6'3"
>Joe Lewis was 6'2"

see what I just did there.
>>
>>35088402
>Yea lets use an anomaly in the sport to prove our point.

"tall guys always beat up small guys"

ALWAYS

al·ways
ˈôlˌwāz/Submit
adverb
at all times; on all occasions.

ON ALL OCCASIONS
>>
>>35088437
your mistake is thinking that 5'10" is tall.
>when will they learn
>>
>>35088455
>your mistake is thinking that 5'10" is tall.

If tall guys always beat up small guys then a 5'10" should always lose to a 6'6" guy. Especially not do something like win in one round.

for you
>>
UFC is the better version of boxing.
>>
>>35088474
>UFC is the better version of boxing.

MMA is a meme sport. A true MMA match would usually end up with one person getting paralyzed or dead. It might as well be called cardio kickboxing.
>>
>>35088377
For overall fitness any cardio sport beats oly lifting.

Lifting is by no means "healthy". Sure you get stronger better muscles and even bones but for overall health I think that swimming is the best. Low injury rate and very good cardio
>>
>>35088399
what the fuck are you shiteing on about?
>>
>>35088511
what does this even mean?
>>
>>35088632
>what the fuck are you shiteing on about?

>>35088140
>Tall guys always beat small guys

"always"

>>35088648
>what does this even mean?

It means MMA is basically just kickboxing.
>>
>>35088399
Tyson wasn't small...
>>
>>35088658
>It means MMA is basically just kickboxing.
1/10
>>
>>35088658
>MMA is basically kickboxing
not even true, most of the time is spent grappling.
>>
File: 1441282735615.gif (2 MB, 340x191) Image search: [Google]
1441282735615.gif
2 MB, 340x191
>>35087792
I would quit my gym in a heartbeat for a decent boxing gym. A few barbells, heavy bags and a ring for some sparring.
But all I got in the vicinity are either shitholes, were bouncers and social dropouts train. Or the other side of the spectrum, super expensive shitfit boxes for psycho weekend warriors.
>>
>>35088670
>Tyson wasn't small...

5'10" and 6'6" is a 8 inch height difference. The rules of boxing also tend to favor taller fighters considering you can't just pound away at someone's groin area if you are significantly shorter.
>>
>>35088700
in that fight mike tyson was 217 lbs and jaco was 210 lbs

I'd like to reiterate: tyson wasn't small
>>
>>35088729
>I'd like to reiterate: tyson wasn't small

reach is everything anon all a tall guy has to do is just use his reach and he will ALWAYS defeat a short guy

right?
>>
Not worth the brain damage imo
>>
>>35088759
If your getting brain damage when your not competing or training to compete then your doing it wrong.
>>
>>35088104
What did you expect? Did you fall for the willpower meme and think you just had to unleash you hidden power of final judgement upon them?
You are on the path. Just keep training and don't compare yourself to more experienced people, unless you are able to do it with due respect and mental health. Otherwise you'll just get frustrated. A lot like in the gym, really.
>>
>>35088359
He defeated all existing champions and unified the belts. Confirmed you know fucking nothing about boxing
>>
>>35088863
>He defeated all existing champions and unified the belts. Confirmed you know fucking nothing about boxing

Any 6'5" loser could beat up prime Tyson with ease. Confirmed compensating manlet.
>>
>>35088104

everytime you feel your guard drop , try and reset it as if your setting up for benchpress lol (its not the same but eh) youl improve overtime...+ its been only 3 months
>>
>>35088890
>any lanklet could beat tyson
Waoh I've seen some awesome bait and shitpostIng here but this definitely one of my top 10. I'm pretty sure you are the one who get beat up by little guys or get his mom banged by circus midgets at some point of his life. Pretty sad desu senpai
>>
File: peeepe.jpg (15 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
peeepe.jpg
15 KB, 499x499
>>35088226
>Olympic lifting is the best sport for fitness
>>
File: image.jpg (8 KB, 266x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8 KB, 266x200
>>35087792
No. The ultimate sport is tennis.

Tennis is a combination of boxing and chess. Stick and move, stick and move, with carefully planned trigonometry occurring in about a second and a half worth of time. It is essentially calculus in motion, the successful tennis player must become a polymath first, able to visualize the infinite number of trajectories his ball may take when making contact with the racket and plan and account for the the trajectory and sped with which his opponent may return it and then his reaction to this and so on and so forth (each possibility becoming t to the power of n with t representing the initial strike and n representing the number of reactions the opponent may take to this strike, and so on and so forth growing at an exponential rate). Second he must be an athlete, ready for constant movement interspersed with bursts of speed and lighting reaction times. Third, a tennis player must be an artist, for to the truly great player the court exists as a canvas or amphitheater and his racket exists as a paint brush or conductors baton. He must move his instrument with the grace of Divinci or Raphael and his body with the supple grace of a dancer, yet none of his strokes can be planned ahead of time, none of his pirouettes come choreographed; he must plan his art split second to split second as he moves, flinging paint like Pollock yet landing with the precision of Michelangelo.

Tennis' beauty’s infinite roots are self-competitive. You compete with your own limits to transcend the self in imagination and execution. Disappear inside the game: break through limits: transcend: improve: win.

It is a deeply religious and metaphysical experience, more intimate than sex yet absolutely solitary at the same time. You are dancing an intimate tango with your partner while at the same time experiencing a very private zen like meditation.
>>
>>35088183

Mike Tyson in his prime was otherworldly. So that's not really fair.
>>
I didn't see one 3 punch combo in that whole fight
>>
Do muay Thai and basketball.

You'll be in the top percentage of men within two years
>>
>>35088890
the bait becamse too obvious with this post
>>
Here is Ray Lewis knocking down a door with 1,000 lbs of force.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8krW5z-MO4

But you know muscles are worthless in a fight against technique.
>>
>>35089121
aint no trigonometry in tennis, you just anticipate where your ball is gonna land and where he will strike, you read his body so you can run into position before he even touched the ball
>>
The sport is great, but 99% of the athletes are tryhard nigger posers with daddy issues who won't shut up about "muh troubled youth" and "muh struggles".

Go for muay thai. You will gain much of the same skills and get to interact with down to earth people who actually have a job and grew out of high school.
>>
>>35089244
No one says muscles are worthless. But if that NFL player tackled a BJJ black belt, he'd get choked out the moment they hit the ground, so yeah, muscles are helpful but sure as hell not all that matters.
>>
File: oldcode.jpg (14 KB, 350x200) Image search: [Google]
oldcode.jpg
14 KB, 350x200
>tfw I checked Wladimir, the younger brother, is less than 4 months away from being 40 years old now

time's flying man, holy fuck
>>
>>35087792
I feel that given recent events this pic needs to be given the JUST treatment
>>
>>35089121
Hi DFW
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.