[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Form check on squats please. I don't powerlift, mostly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: slav.jpg (65 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
slav.jpg
65 KB, 960x720
Form check on squats please. I don't powerlift, mostly just want to get a stronger high bar squat and stay more upright for weightlifting. /owg/ isn't really offering any advice, but someone told me to improve mobility (in what, I don't know)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV-ZBlZO8OI

tips?
>>
>>35081048
if you Need a form check, you are no slav.

end your life or become a slav.
>>
I don't know much but looks good to me (as in nothing obviously wrong).
>>
Improve mobility in your ankles and hip chiefly
>>
I don't see anything particularly wrong. ignore these "mobility" guys, it's very rarely the issue, and when it is you'll find that it's obvious anyway.
>>
>>35081048
>asking /fit/ how to squat for weightlifting
This won't end well.
>>
>>35081145

ok. I can do ankle easy enough, but hip seems to be painful whenever I try. It's like I run into bone or something when I try, it's pretty hard to describe.

>>35081100
>>35081169

/owg/ said it was disgusting, so I guess there's got to be something fixable
>>
>>35081316
maybe your stance is not wide enough
>>
>>35081328

ugh, the idea of going wider than shoulder width sounds unpleasant but I'll try that next time
>>
File: 1442194985203.jpg (88 KB, 528x936) Image search: [Google]
1442194985203.jpg
88 KB, 528x936
>>35081048

It's very hard to check your form with those plates on the bar, so don't take this as a 100% accurate criticism.

I'd say you should be more upright since you're training for oly, and not do a "hybrid squat" a la Candito.
Also, you gotta go ATG, not just below parallel.
And keep your chest up. You shouldn't be "pointing your nipples to the ground" if you're not doing lowbar.
Do NOT think about "sitting back" as you would in a lowbar. Think about diving down, almost like a front squat.

The "mobility issue" people are talking about is probably because you're not going low enough and your torso is dropping.
Do hip flexor stretches, and dorsiflexion stretches for your ankles.
>>
>>35081348

I know I need to be more upright but I'm not sure how.
I'm not weak in the hole, i.e. I never fail my lifts there. ATG is not the issue here
I'm trying to keep my chest up, not point it down, and I'm also not sitting back, I'm breaking at the knees.

I appreciate the advice but it doesn't really apply because I'm neither sitting back nor really worried about going ATG
>>
>>35081378
You're breaking your hips way quicker than you're letting your legs bend. Lean back more and push your elbows forward
>>
>>35081415

that makes more sense, thanks. However this is where I was referrin to "running into bone" here >>35081316 so whatever the problem is maybe it'll be fixed by wider stance or by fixing my hip tightness, right?
>>
File: 1442194985108.jpg (80 KB, 558x576) Image search: [Google]
1442194985108.jpg
80 KB, 558x576
>>35081378

Then try working on your ankle mobility. This might be what's keeping you from staying upright; your ankle isn't being able to extend (dorsiflexion) enough to keep going down, so your body compensates that by making your torso less upright to allow you to go deeper.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZzdgPq0FYc
>>
>>35081488

alright thanks, that seems to be the general gist of the thread, ankle + hips
>>
>>35081640

this doesn't work too well if you're super tight like OP
>>
>>35081900

why not?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.