[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Smolov general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: legress - Copy.jpg (104 KB, 772x511) Image search: [Google]
legress - Copy.jpg
104 KB, 772x511
/fit/ brehs I just finished Smolov base cycle and my legs have gained a ridiculous volume of muscle for such a small period of time. I'm testing my 1rm on Friday and I have no idea what to expect but it oughta be a good one 2bh fom.

Smolov general, people considering, past stories welcome.
>>
>>35079767
thats a lot of ramen OP. Legs are just sodium bags
>>
File: 1445121688455.jpg (59 KB, 300x393) Image search: [Google]
1445121688455.jpg
59 KB, 300x393
>>35079767
sick dick gains op

Smolov is for impatient keks though. Why risk the injury?
>>
>>35079781
I was pretty vigilant about stretching and stopping if I had anything beyond the usual muscle soreness. I got no knee pains, no hip pains. Anything is dangerous if you're an idiot. The key is to not be an idiot.
>>
>>35079767
What else did you do during Smolov? And was it just the base meso, aka Smolov Jr?
>>
>>35079767
Swelling from inflammation.

It'll be completely gone 3 weeks after you finish the intense cycle or give up.
>>
bout halfway through the intense cycle now. looking back 2 and a half months i shouldve done something like texas method as i'm not nearly strong enough to get the most out of smolov. that being said the base cycle put 30 lbs on my squat, and i'm up to about 200 lbs bodyweight now, started at about 180 lbs. people who haven't seen me in a few weeks have made comments about the change
>>
>>35079806

>>35079828
here, i've been doing overhead press 2-3 times per week, benching 2x a week, and power cleans 1-2x a week. no direct back isolation and no deadlifts. OHP has improved as much as the squat, now repping my 1rm from the beginning of the program for 5
>>
>>35079806
I've so far just done the base meso but I'm going to continue it after the switching phase. I did about 2 days a week of some general upper body day just to maintain that consisted of >the press, db bench, rows, pull ups, and some curls. Nothing too intense or anything even romotely lower back/leg related.

>>35079809
...But my squat max is up like crazy senpai. I understand that some of it is going to be swelling, but I've gained like 9 or 10 pounds. I'm going to say some of that has to be muscle.

>>35079828
Are you finishing the workouts? What was your starting squat max?

>>35079912
well that sounds like you made some legitimately amazing progress then, no?
>>
File: 1429552527815.png (188 KB, 428x546) Image search: [Google]
1429552527815.png
188 KB, 428x546
can I run smolov for bench or is that a nightmare
>>
>>35079961
starting squat max was about 235lbs, i didnt eat nearly enough when i was doing starting strength, i have arthritic knees and i'd been sedentary my entire life so that prevented me from making the ridiculous gains that rippetoe and others on this board say is possible in the program. my max deadlift was 340 at start of smolov though, haven't tested it recently (6'2 so long arms spooky deadlifting leverages)
>>
>>35079970
Full Smolov? Sounds like a catastrophe Tbh. Smolov Jr hurts a lot of people and produces solid gains for a lot of people, high risk:high reward.
>>
>>35080007
yeah I'd say that's a bit low. I wouldn't have even attempted smolov with bad knees tho family.

>>35080022
This. Do smolov jr. Full smolov would without a doubt wreck you.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 349x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 349x300
Im on my 10th cycle of smolov guys. I can squat 900 pounds.

>mfw routine dick riders
>>
>>35080092
wat
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.