[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Home gyms Here's the start of mine (I'm on a budget):
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: IMAG0300.jpg (1016 KB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0300.jpg
1016 KB, 2688x1520
Home gyms

Here's the start of mine (I'm on a budget):

>squat rack
>45 lbs. 7' Olympic barbell 600 lbs. rating
>adjustable bench
>330 lbs. of pl8's
>DB's: 2x15, 2x30, 2x40
>curl bar
>perfect pullup

Buying a pl8 tree today and a floor today. I have a nice sound system. However, I'm stucking using a corner of the living room. I use my guest bedroom and have no garage or basement.. Would love more DB's and pl8's, but for the most part running out of reasons to go to the gym.

Still go to the gym for dumbbells I don't have and machines such as the leg curls and extensions.
>>
File: HomeGym.png (94 KB, 830x786) Image search: [Google]
HomeGym.png
94 KB, 830x786
May as well contribute.

Thinking of converting to home gym master race for long-term economy and comfort.

Been browsing, came up with this. Looks about right to me, what do you guys think?

Small(ish) budget, will have to add to it later I think. Might have to remove the pl8 tree. It's kind of a luxury desu senpai.
>>
>>35077211
That's about what I was going for, but with the squat rack I don't have to worry about the height of the rack. So I think I was able to maintain quality and do a bit cheaper.

I still need the pl8 tree and floor though. Nothing more annoying than having to carefully pickup pl8's from the floor and set them down between sets.
>>
>>35077211
Oh and one more thing. Unfortunately I can't move the adjustable bench. That makes it difficult to do a couple things like military press or behind the neck press. But I can still do flyes, rear delt lateral raises, etc. without worrying about space.
>>
>>35077211
Watch out for the bodymax weights, they are cheap but the paint chips off easily and can easily pierce your skin when you move them around. If you still want them, make sure to keep some tweezers around.
>>
>>35077295
how do you squat in that thing?
>>
>>35077006
how can you not have adjustable dumbbells you fuck?
>>
>>35077211
What's the weight rating on the bench?
>>
>>35077305
On the other side. I pull it out (for lack of space) and squat on the other side. It's a squat rack. I move the bar catches to the other side and up to shoulder height.

>>35077340
Adjustable dumbbells are for DYEL's. Most only go up to about 25 lbs. The higher end ones that can get up to 50 lbs. aren't cost efficient and you have to buy it all at once. I prefer to just buy DB's as needed here and there. I'm pretty sure everyone is buying me DB's for Christmas.

I don't have much need for anything below 20 lbs. either, and hard pressed to think of an exercise that low aside from lateral raises as a warm up. My OHP is 200. I use 65's for flyes (5x12) at the gym. Bench 285 lbs. for reps. So I need bigger weights.
>>
>>35077340
How do you run the rack on adjustable dumbbells?
>>
>>35077340
The only people I've seen with adjustable dumbbells are dad bod DYEL's.

Professionals don't use them. I have never seen them in gyms. If they were worth a shit, you would think they would have better representation.
>>
>>35077394
>>35077422
what in the actual fuck are you dyels talking about? you fucking need adjustable dumbells for progression. if you have to buy brand new fucking dumbells every time you move up in weight you're going to end up broke.

buy a pair of adjustable dumbells that each go up to 100 pounds to start. that will probably set you back around $200 brand new or about $100 used. You'll be able to use these for a long time. Yes they're not as comfy as normal dumbells and they might hurt your hands and you have to manually remove plates and put on plates. but if you can't handle htat you're honestly never gonna make it desu
>>
>>35078074
>$200
>not as comfy.. hurt your hands
>manually remove plates

Yeah.. you just answered your own question. I'll be getting some more DB's for Christmas to fill the gaps and pretty much have all the weights I need and will never have to look back.

I might as well use the bars if I have to be removing plates and feel awkward while lifting.
>>
>>35077347

182kg I believe
>>
>>35077211
Why do you need 8 X 1.25kg? just buy 2 and spend the rest of the money on micro fractional plates of 0.6kg

Looks like a nice set-up (depending on the weight rating of the bench), But I'm not sure how durable the barbell is.

Don't forget to protect your floor/plates. You can buy horse stall mats cheaper than rubber mats for weightlifting.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.