[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy fucking shit, fuck you, /fit/ This is a warning not to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (112 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112 KB, 600x480
Holy fucking shit, fuck you, /fit/

This is a warning not to fall for the SS troll. I did this shit for 6 months. I made large jumps in the amount of weight i moved, but very minimal size gains, but also had to deal with fucking injuries and deloads and all the nonsense? How is this more geared towards beginners?

Switch to an Upper/Lower 4 day split. Been doing this now for about 2 months. I've made more size gains in these 2 months than in 6 of SS, and I'm also getting stronger.

>use a weight till you can do 3 or 4 sets of 12
>increase the weight by 5lbs
>shoot for atleast 8 reps at this weight
>up the weight again after achieving 12 reps
>no deloading
>no calculations
>more gains

Why did i not just start with an upper/lower split. Holy fuck do not fall for the SS meme
>>
HIP DRAHVE
>>
I've made decent size gains across my chest legs and shoulders since I started sl
>>
How many times do people have to tell you strength training is not for gains. It's a beginner routine so that you get used to lifts, cns gains and some strength gains.
Ironically if you would not have done SS you might have not done so well in your current program
>>
File: 1244161419579.jpg (57 KB, 365x295) Image search: [Google]
1244161419579.jpg
57 KB, 365x295
>>35076943
>I made large jumps in the amount of weight i moved

>How is this more geared towards beginners?
>>
>>35077016
I also injured my back, and my shoulder. Without a coach, strength training is much more liable to get you injured. I had no one to check my form and as my lifts went up, i was pulling more weight with bad form. I didnt know any better. Looking at form videos is fine in theory, but for all the progress i made, i had to take time off and deload more than necessary. Getting injured isnt very encouraging to new lifters, and a lot of people would have gotten discouraged and given up.
>>
>>35076943

Look, I know this is a troll thread, but in the off chance that some poor lad is made to doubt his very intelligent decision of reading Rippetoe's "Starting Strength" and building a foundational program from it, I'm gonna point out why this is a troll thread, and why it shouldn't be taken seriously.

> I did this shit for 6 months

Alright, let's begin with the fact that SS is NOT A PROGRAM. Let's let that sink in. SS is a book. A very well written, factual analysis of foundation building for beginner lifters. You do not "do" SS. You "read" SS.

Only doing it for six months is cutting most lifters short on their ability to progress linearly.

>I made large jumps in the amount of weight i moved, but very minimal size gains

Glad to hear you can at least admit the program works. Now, what I'd like to point out is that NO PROGRAM ON EARTH IS GOING TO ACHIEVE SUBSTANTIAL SIZE GAINS IN SIX MONTHS. Learn this fact. Accept it. If you think you can drag your skelly ass into /fit/ and walk out a he-man half a year later, I've got some bad news for you: it ain't gonna work, unless you hop on gear and even then, as the lads in /fraud/ will tell you, it won't be easy, and it won't be as much as you expected.

>deal with fucking injuries and deloads and all the nonsense

Injuries are not the fault of programming in cases of a simple, low intensity, low volume 5x5 program like those built by most people who have read SS. Injuries are the fault of lifters who don't read the fucking book, and run to the damned gym and do whatever form they think that guy on youtube did that one time. Also, if you're seriously "deloading" after only a few months on SS, you need to harden the fuck up. "But it's harder!" you wimper, digging through your purse for your tampon which you will use to soak up your baby tears, of course it's fucking harder dipshit, you're lifting heavier weight. Sack up. Don't deload until you fail a 5x5 TWICE, giving MAXIMAL EFFORT.
>>
>>35077007
>How many times do people have to tell you strength training is not for gains.
wrong. you can't even finish SS correctly unless you make significant gains in muscular body weight. the program is literally designed to make you much bigger (as well as stronger) in a short period of time.
>>
>>35076943
>I did this shit for 6 months
>minimal size gains
>had to deal with fucking injuries and deloads and all the nonsense

Jesus christ. If you're too fucking retarded to even do SS properly, you'll most likely end up killing yourself in the gym.
>>
File: 6125125123.jpg (43 KB, 419x675) Image search: [Google]
6125125123.jpg
43 KB, 419x675
>>
>>35076943
Enjoy hitting 50kg OHP and stalling for 6 months.
>>
>>35077070
Being too dumb to learn the lifts correctly is on you.
Millions of people have done it before you.
>>
>>35077115
Right on every point except
>NO PROGRAM ON EARTH IS GOING TO ACHIEVE SUBSTANTIAL SIZE GAINS IN SIX MONTHS

I followed a four day split, with a fifth day dedicated to bench/squat/deadlift/OHP, and went from 125 pounds to 155 in a period of 6 months.
>>
>>35076943
b-but I made decent gains when I did SS...
>>
Why do we have this thread every fucking day? At this point we should just turn it into a "Is SS a meme?" General. And we can have the same argument over and over
>>
>>35077408
I've been doing SS for 3 weeks and have a 132 lb OHP.

that said i got 132 lbs last week nd have no stalled on it like a mother fucker.
>>
>>35077408

And let me guess, all lean muscle mass?

You ate, lad. You ate properly and you ate well and you should be proud of that.

I guess I should have clarified, but I ran out of room in my post - Programming doesn't cause you to gain weight, your diet does.
>>
>>35077248
This is me. But with 40 kg. (On SL.)
AIso kept deIoading because my form goes to shit, l Iean too far back.
>>
>>35076943
>I did this shit for 6 months
>had to deal with fucking injuries and deloads and all the nonsense

It isn't Rippletit's fault you are retarded. Did you even read the book?
>>
>>35077115
This entire post is fucking retardation. It's hard to even know where to start.

First, yes, SS is a program you mouthbreathing mongoloid. A program that you have to respect to the tee according to Rippetoe.

>Only doing it for six months is cutting most lifters short on their ability to progress linearly.
YOU WANT PEOPLE TO DO SS FOR MORE THAN SIX MONTHS

FUCK you're retarded
>>
>Call SS troll
>never even read the book

This is 98% of everyone that talks shit about SS
>>
>>35077763
>I have no counter-arguments so I'll just call him a retard ;^)
>>
>>35077763
>First, yes, SS is a program you mouthbreathing mongoloid
SS is a book in which there is a program.
But it also explains the lifts and their biomechanics. If you had read how to perform the lifts maybe you wouldn't have stalled and injured yourself within 6 months

>YOU WANT PEOPLE TO DO SS FOR MORE THAN SIX MONTHS
I just said that beginners can keep up linear progression while on SS for more than 6 months. The fact you stalled within 6 months means YOU are the one at fault.
>>
I misread OP's post and thought he was saying he was making more strength gains on a split as well. I actually experienced that and I still don't understand why
>>
Recovering fatty here, been two months since I started SS. I've been at a pretty shitty diet content-wise, but with counting calories and keeping to max 1600 a day, and doing SS, I've lost weight and gained some bulk in my arms.

I don't know how it is for skellies, but it's working well for me so far.
>>
>>35076943
>SS for the first 6 months = great strenght gains.
>Then the next 6 months of PPL and noob gains

And that´s how you get strenght and aesthetics within just 1 year of training.
>>
>>35078057
i'd really like to know what people like this look/lift like
>>
>>35076943
I did PPL and PHUL for a while and didn't get stronger. I would do flat bench for 4 sets of 5, incline dumbbells for 3 sets of 8-10 and dips or close grip push-ups for 3x12. I was always shot by the time I finished bench press and couldn't raise the weight on incline presses.

Since I switched back to a 3-4 day per week bench frequency with a heavy day or two and a couple light days, my strength gains have returned
>>
>>35077115
>SS is factual
>Not even 5 citations in the entire book
>Claims you can gain 30lb of muscle within 3 months
>SS is factual

Go to bed rippletits
>>
>>35078171
it varies a shit ton and routine choice is much less important than /fit/ thinks. how you look is primarily determined by your genetics, how you eat and how hard you train, in that order.
>>
>>35078228
>trying something on thousands of people over many years and observing a pattern does not count as evidence because it was not done via a peer reviewed study
>>
>>35077007
>It's a beginner routine so that you get used to lifts, cns gains and some strength gains.
what the hell is cns gains if not strength gains?
>>
File: 1422654546700.jpg (31 KB, 353x334) Image search: [Google]
1422654546700.jpg
31 KB, 353x334
>>35078250
>how you look is primarily determined by your genetics

>people actually believe this
>>
>>35077442
Alright, you're spot on then
>>
>>35078567
Wtf is reading about things??

Oh lordy you are a fucking retard aren't you?
Hopefully you snap your shit up ;)
>>
>>35077438
How much do you weigh? You're probably a fat cunt or had a lot of muscle from gymnastics
>>
>>35078622
Facial aesthetics is by far the number one thing in determining attractiveness and the only way you can change that is clear up your acne and lose weight, you can't change your bone structure of facial symmetry
>>
>>35076943
>I made large jumps in the amount of weight i moved

That's literally the point of the programming you fucking mong. You obviously didn't read the book because Rip repeats in the book that size gains will follow strength gains.

If this isn't a troll post, you should seriously consider the option of suicide to end your miserable existence.
>>
how many times does it have to be repeated that SS is a beginners strength routine to learn barbell movements and get basic CNS adaptation

if you listen to memesters that tell everyone to do it that is your fault
>>
>>35078622
How you look is literally controlled by your genetics. You can only do so much to make your self look better.
>>
File: 000ddr.jpg (75 KB, 252x355) Image search: [Google]
000ddr.jpg
75 KB, 252x355
>>35076943

>there's people on /fit/ who still respond to these troll threads
>>
File: image.jpg (139 KB, 1057x799) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139 KB, 1057x799
>>35076943
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.