[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/ Can energy drinks make you fat? Even the sugar free
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: img-thing.jpg (19 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.jpg
19 KB, 300x300
Hey /fit/

Can energy drinks make you fat? Even the sugar free ones? My friend scolded me like a high school principal for drinking a sugar free rock star.

Please advise.
>>
>>35075930
Zero carbs doesn't mean zero cals, so yes. Energy drinks are shit tier drinks anyway.
>>
>>35075936
The ones I drink have 0 cals. So does the 0 carb one. He argues that it makes you fat because it's like drinking 5 coffees which release too much cortisol into your body
>>
>>35075930
read the nutrition label..
if if fits your macros, you are good

>>35075936
>Zero carbs doesn't mean zero cals
somehow i doubt there is an appreciable amount of fats or protein in those.
i would be surprised if it had as many as 10 calories.

the only possible detriment is if it spikes your insulin
>>
it fucks with your blood sugar and insulin levels which can contribute to obesity and other health problems. They are also addictive and wrecks your teeth. They are beyond shit tier and do not belong in anyones diet. Get coffee or tea if you need the caffeine

(i dont know if this is true but i think so )
>>
>>35075930
that shit can kill you
try eating a banana before you workout or something
>>
>>35076045
>(i dont know if this is true but i think so )

4chan in a nutshell
>>
>>35076083
>>35076045
>Faggots.
>>
>>35076467

>/b/
>/r9k/
>>
>>35076045
>(i dont know if this is true but i think so )
i actually giggled like a little girl at this
>>
>>35076045
nice research paper you have there to back the bullshit that you just made up.

"IT HAS CHEMIKILLS IT MUST BE BAD"
>>
>>35076083
>that shit can kill you

Which ingredient, exactly? Whenever I hear bad things about energy drinks, they never link any studies and the overall theme seems like a modern version of a chain email
>>
>>35077590

Caffiene can increase your chances of having a heart attack. I drink them, but energy drinks increase your heart rate and blood pressure like crazy
>>
>>35077675
"Many studies have been done to see if there's a direct link between caffeine, coffee drinking and coronary heart disease. The results are conflicting. This may be due to the way the studies were done and confounding dietary factors. However, moderate coffee drinking (1–2 cups per day) doesn't seem to be harmful."

http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/GettingHealthy/NutritionCenter/HealthyEating/Caffeine-and-Heart-Disease_UCM_305888_Article.jsp#

1-2 cups of coffee is equivalent to 2-3 small energy drinks or 1-2 large energy drinks. Energy drinks have surprisingly small amount of caffeine compared to a standard coffee (only 45mg in a 250ml can of Red Bull)

"If you are new to caffeine supplements, start with a 100mg dose. Typically, 200mg of caffeine is used for fat-burning supplementation, while acute strength increases occur at higher doses, 500mg and above."

http://examine.com/supplements/Caffeine/

So the absolute minimum recommended safe dosage is equivalent to more than 2 250ml Red Bull cans. The maximum recommended safe dosage is equivalent to more than10 250ml Red Bull cans. Strictly talking about caffeine here though.
>>
>>35077762
>(only 45mg in a 250ml can of Red Bull)

My mistake, a 250ml can of Red Bull actually has 80mg of caffeine. This is still less than a standard cup of coffee (90-100mg of caffeine).
>>
What's the best energy drink? As far as energy goes?
>>
>>35077797

The rockstar I'm drinking has 240 mg and most people drink the bigger 8 oz cans
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.