[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Strong Lifts http://stronglifts.com/ Is this any worth star
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
Strong Lifts
http://stronglifts.com/

Is this any worth starting on or do you guys have something better to recommend instead?
>>
>>35074618
Greyskull LP with Arms plug-in.
>>
SL is good, but SS is slightly better in every way. everything mehdi did to make SL different from SS just made the program worse.
>>
It's worth doing, you could add some extra work though.

When I did it I added 3x10 dips on bench day and 3x10 pullups on deadlift day. I also think squatting 3x a week is overkill unless you really want a big squat, so you could switch out squats on wednesday and add in some extra arm/shoulder work instead...
>>
>>35074618

It's okay. The volume teaches you form and repetion. If things get too hard, you deload to 3x5, 3x3 and 1x3.

I would add accessories. Dips and chin-ups you should do from the beginning
>>
>>35074618
SS or Candito's LP are better choices IMO.
Reg Parks 5x5 is ok too, it's what SL is based off.
The reason SL is inferior is because you will stall on it faster than SS or Canditio's, and Reg Parks 5x5 has two warm up sets, then three work sets.
>>
>>35074618

at least go straight to ICF or PHUL even.

or SL if you wanna go centaur mode.
>>
>>35074650
Candito's LP is great for late beginners from what I remember. For a complete noob it is too slow.

Greyskull is an improved SS which is a better routine than SL.
>>
>>35074644
>slightly better
isn't more working sets better because more volume?
>>
>>35074667

Only if you can handle the volume/frequency/intensity combination. Trying to hit new 5x5 PRs on squatting three times a week has a marked tendency to break people once they're out of the absolute beginner gains.
>>
>>35074650
But stronglifts has you drop down from 5x5 to 3x5 then 1x5 after you've stalled.
>>
>>35074685
See --> >>35074686
>>
https://www.t-nation.com/training/reg-parks-5x5-program

reg parks is GOAT

2 warm up sets then 3x5

do it fgts
>>
>>35074667
no, but at that point in your training career the extra volume doesn't do shit other than cause more fatigue. when you lift light weights then both programs let you add 5lbs to the squat (and similar to the other lifts) every workout, so the extra sets aren't doing anything productive. when the weights get heavy you can't recover fast enough from 5x5, so the extra sets are actually hurting your progress. SS isn't 3x5 because rip wants to appeal to lazy people. it's 3x5 because it just works better in the long term.

if you just want extra technique work then that can be done on SS too, it doesn't have to be done in work sets.
>>
>>35074686
compare these two:
SL: start with the bar, do 5x5 until you stall, drop to 3x5 until you stall
SS: start with a useful weight. do 3x5 until you stall

the first option is a waste of time. they both take you to the same place in roughly the same time, but SL is just slower by design, and there's no good reason for it.
>>
>>35074686

The 1x5 part of Stronglifts isn't really a selling point. It eeks out a little bit more progression at the expense of actually continuing to get stronger, ending up functioning more like a peaking cycle than general strength training.
>>
>>35074650
SL isn't based on regs. They aren't even similar.
It's based on SS, and the guy says otherwise so he doesn't get sued.
>>
>>35074694
I'm stuck between regs and GSLP. I love the front squat.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.