[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is it all for /fit/? What's the end goal?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8
File: 1446779872458.jpg (68 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1446779872458.jpg
68 KB, 700x700
What is it all for /fit/? What's the end goal?
>>
G L O R Y
L
O
R
Y
>>
A S T H E T I C
S

F
U
A
R
K
>>
ASS
S
S
>>
>>35073588
There is no end goal. Lifting gives me something to obsess over to distract myself from my hopelessly meaningless and depressing life.
>>
>>35073588
making it, obvi.
>>
The goal is to get a body that will increase or level out your confidence every time you look in the mirror.
>>
S T R E N G T H
T
RuneScape
E
N
G
T
H
>>
>>35073588
TO BE SO STRONG THAT YOU CAN URINATE IN PUBLIC AND PEOPLE WILL BE TOO SCARED OF YOUR FREAKBEAST STRENGTH TO TELL YOU "HEY YOU CAN'T DO THAT"

Also same thing for sex with women you don't know
>>
>>35073663
Or ehem sorry I meant

P E E P E E
E
E
P
E
E
>>
>>35073588
So my dad won't think I'm a human shitstain
>>
because I want to be attractive, and this is one of the few things I can do to achieve that
>>
>>35073588
I want to compete in powerlifting. I have never been good at nothing apart from my profession so doing this will be pretty big for me. After that - maybe do some bodybuilding or something.
>>
File: qrHSJCZ.jpg (109 KB, 553x589) Image search: [Google]
qrHSJCZ.jpg
109 KB, 553x589
>>35073637
>>
>>35073588

at first it was girls

now it's to look good in the mirror and being healthy

it isnt just vanity, it's the desire to be better than other people desu.
>>
File: 1175 - kmj5P2n.png (448 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1175 - kmj5P2n.png
448 KB, 900x900
>>35073588
there's no end game you phaggit
it is all like a song,

you dont listen to a song just for the end do you?
>>
File: infiniterepeat.png (589 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
infiniterepeat.png
589 KB, 1024x768
>>35073588
Whatever you want it to be.
>tfw you realize the universe is chaotic, uncaring and meaningless
>tfw it sets you free
>>
>>35073637

I like your style m8 :^)
>>
>>35073774
depressing, i am stressed now
>>
For me it's like I decided I wanted to get buff and then work on other aspects of life (school, work, reading, instrument, socialize etc.) But literally all I do is lift + cook + shitpost because I can never be satisfied with my body.
>>
the endless pursuit of perfection

if i've learned anything, it's never to settle for average. keep pushing yourself: im fit now but I want to be ripped with muscle, so now im cutting while trying to maintain some mass. plus seeing people on facebook getting fat is a grim reminder why we should stay fit. dont be the guy that lets himself go.
>>
>>35073588
for Mankind
>>
>>35073774
huh. i'd be ok with this.

i guess i am actually pretty happy.
>>
>What's the end goal?
There is no end goal, because we are human. We will never be satisfied. The only goal is to leave humanity behind.
>>
>>35073774
I'd agree with you, but God told me that I was going to play football, and that no one could stop me.
>>
>>35073806
Because you're going to die realizing you never lived?
>>
>>35073588

to be better than other people

yes, it's vanity. but at the same time it's healthy to be fit so why not?
>>
File: asdasdasdasd.jpg (38 KB, 600x568) Image search: [Google]
asdasdasdasd.jpg
38 KB, 600x568
>>35074036
>seeing people on facebook getting fat is a grim reminder why we should stay fit. dont be the guy that lets himself go.
>look up my highschool crush on facebook
>she looks like a leathery used up hag now
>mfw she's a year younger than me
>>
Well personally I just want to be in great shape and have amazing health and all that. In terms of my overall life goals, fitness is a very small (albeit very important) one.
>>
There is no end goal. We are all just aimlessly wandering through life. Molding whatever we find in the endless void into what we want it to be. Nothing else matters. You don't matter, neither do your problems, and gains; for in the end you will die and it will all become meaningless.

So, leave a mark on the world that ain't just a nice house in the suburbs and a family.
>>
>>35074094
>this is what atheists think lol
>>
>>35074086

I know a guy that fucked around on his fiancee before they got married

they just posted pictures of their kid. funny how ignorant some people are isnt it?
>>
File: sisyphus.jpg (392 KB, 1090x1127) Image search: [Google]
sisyphus.jpg
392 KB, 1090x1127
>>35073806
You're now aware of your displeasure. Act on this.

>>35074055
Congratulations. Glad I could help you be more aware of this.

>>35074067
Because there is no inherent meaning to reality, your belief that god wants you to play football is just as valid as my insistence that there can be no god and football is a boring sport. Carry on.

>>35074065
Right there with you. Pic related.
>>
Losing 30 kg will be enough for me
>>
>>35074103
This is what someone who has humility and perspective will know to be true
>>
>>35074116

yeah, that's what they all say.

once you lose 30kg you'll think "hmm, my arms and chest could use a little bit of size, abs would be nice too" and from that day on you're chasing the dragon my friend.
>>
You set a goal, you get the goal, it feels so fucking good you do it again until you die
>>
>>35074131
to put things into perspective
the Qur'an itself describes this life in comparison to the afterlife as just play and amusement,
but what you put in during this life affects your afterlife - which lasts forever.
>>
here is the best model we got so far

we are no different than any other living being regarding the events that lead us to exist.

you, me, the mold growing on the unwashed oat bowl, dogs, fish, the grass. we are here and we are like this because a series of events that selected individuals with traits that lead to more reproduction or survival.
you might be thinking right now "oh, so it's all about reproducing and surviving! I should strive to have the traits that would allow an individual to survive in the past, but in modern circunstances! which is probably being -insert whatever bullshit you think an "alpha" or whatever would have-, that is the meaning of life!"
but no, anon. the thing you are looking for so you can stop asking these questions is self esteem. and to have self esteem, you need to become WHATEVER you think you should be.
the thing is, it is common for people to consider being loved, rich and successful in love as things they should be, but again, the desire to achieve self esteem through these things is nothing but a trait. individuals who had this desire survive and reproduced more than individuals that didn't. simple as that. the thing is that once you see so many examples of natural selection happening on all kinds of living beings with all kinds of traits in all kinds of enviroments, you stop thinking of "spreading your genes" and everything related to it as good or bad, as desirable or undesirable, but just a natural phenomenon as gravity. and you are just part of it.
>>
>>35074245
>>35074175
>>35074115
>>35074094
>>35073774
>>35073629

lol u nihilistic neckbeards, i'm just doing it for the
P U S S Y
E̶ U
N̶ S
I̶ S
S̶ Y
>>
Frankly, I try not to overthink it. Having sex with a woman interested in me and sexually attracted to me solely because of my looks is the definition of making it for me.
>>
>>35074341

This
>>
>>35073633
Underrated
>>
>>35073736
are u me?
>>
>>35073769
Strangely poetic for a dumb frogposter desu
>>
>gf
>>
File: Arnold_Schwarzenegger.jpg (43 KB, 500x605) Image search: [Google]
Arnold_Schwarzenegger.jpg
43 KB, 500x605
To make proud Arnold. That is my only goal in life.
>>
>>35073588
Once I get my goal physique I'll maintain it and maybe take some self help classes for anxiety. Maybe some speech therapy classes because I stutter. And after I can actually talk like another human being I'll take my dads offer and go through law school free of charge.
>>
>>35073588
Getting handjobs from slutty fifteen years old

This provided your age of consent laws allow it :)
>>
>>35073633
This desu sempai
>>
File: 1448267722920.jpg (539 KB, 2592x3888) Image search: [Google]
1448267722920.jpg
539 KB, 2592x3888
HER
>>
>>35075344
oh man you just know she likes it dirty
>>
>>35073588
If you honestly think about fitness as a means to get to a certain goal then you might as well stop right now. It is not something you work on and stop when you are done. It should be a part of who you are and what you do, until you are dead.
>>
>>35074341
pussy penis uussy?
>>
>>35075344

generic girls with shitty choices in frames?
>>
>>35073774
CRAAAAAAWLING IIIIINNNN MY SKIIIINNNNNNN
>>
>>35073588

the goal is to be better than other people

girls? who gives a shit what girls want. if all you wanted was girls all that requires is money.
>>
>>35073588
νοῦς ὑγιής ἐν σώματι ὑγιεῖ
>>
I picked up meditation after seriously hating my lack of progress i life.
It's like my mind is a snowball of shit that keeps rolling and rolling, growing in size.

At first I thought my displeasure with life was a good thing. A constant reminder that I'm not where I'm supposed to be, and that I need to act in order to feel better. Like getting a GF, family, and so on.

It wasn't until I realised that my negative thoughts and bullshit was not a "good reminder to improve" but was what was actually holding me back, that I started meditating on it.

And now I'm actually for the first time in many years making progress. I dont dwell on "tfw no gf" and all the shit that keeps getting posted here.

Going on this board and clicking "catalogue" is the most accurate way to describe a fucked up mind. Lots of pictures and threads about how much life sucks, and desperate ways to fool yourself into thinking shit like lifting, girlfriends, thick wrists, good beard, nice jawline and so on will actually make you happy.

It won't. And even if you managed to get a gf, it would suck because your mind is completely fucked up as it is.
>>
>>35073588
Live forever or die trying.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.