[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /fit/ Want to hear your opinions on what matial art is best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 11
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 640x480
Sup /fit/

Want to hear your opinions on what matial art is best for the following

defence against smaller people

For defence against bigger people

Defence against someone the same size as you

Irl for all of theseā€¦ give reasons for why you picked each
>>
Why would you ask a fitness board about martial arts? Take this shit to >>>/asp/
>>
>>35070934
Not op, but asp is full of wrestling fags. There is almost no more MA threads
>>
>smaller
Boxing
>your size
Boxing
>bigger
Muay thai

Learn BJJ regardless.
>>
>>35070924
Boxing/muay thai + bjj/judo/wrestling.

Dont fall for the krab magoo meme
>>
Boxing is pretty good for defense all around, great for movement, great for technique

Muay thai is also good for those reasons, plus adds an knees and bows (and kicking) which can end a fight quick

For actual street fights you'll never want to go to ground because some jack ass will just kick your teeth in, but bjj is good for knowing how to end shit on the ground quick against inexperienced fighter

That said, you'll find the confidence and discipline you gain from training will dissuade you from fighting except for self defense
>>
>>35071183

then make one, dummy.
>>
>>35071298
Rasslefags shit any up with their dank cena memes.

They're literally as bad as horsefuckers
>>
So OP it seems everyone in the thread says do boxing+muay thai and bjj theres your answer faggot
>>
>>35070924
>defence against smaller people
essentially any proven effective striking art
>For defence against bigger people
essentially any proven effective grappling art
>Defence against someone the same size as you
doesn't really matter.

more mass = more force.
assuming the speed and skill is equal, the striking advantage goes to the bigger person 100% of the time.

grappling eliminates pretty much all size advantage, as it is more about technique and leverage than strength.

my strongly biased opinion is to avoid striking arts like TKD and chinese martial arts.

things like muay thai, kyokushin, and boxing are memes because they are effective.
i prefer muay thai practiced in a MMA gym, as they tend to have better methods of handling front snap kicks, which you rarely see outside of japanese styles.

for grappling you should avoid aikido, and sansoo type stuff like the plague.
i prefer judo... but again that is my bias
bjj is good, as memey as it is, regular jiu-jitsu is good too (the difference between it and bjj is vastly overblown, they are essentially the same, and 10th planet bjj today is just as different from old-school bjj as old-school bjj was to regular jj)

wrestling is outstanding, but incomplete.

it is inarguably the best art for taking someone to the ground but..

it really doesn't have a method for dealing with people once they are down there.. only how to put them on their back, but a jiu jitsu guy wants to be on his back, so that is not entirely useful.

if you train wrestling at an MMA gym, they will teach you submissions and chokes, and how to manage ground game against someone who likes working off their back.

classical wrestling is a little less apt

>>35070934
martial artists lift too, bruh
>>
>>35071281
>you'll never want to go to ground because some jack ass will just kick your teeth in
confirmed for knowing less than nothing about ground game
you don't just lay down on the street and wait for them to get on top of you lol
>>
>>35071335
>implying horsefuckers are a legitimate shitposting problem
objectively worse, tbhfam
>>
Bjj, at its basis, is simple takedowns and ways to get off the ground. Most of which is done by blue belt.

The meta techniques like berimbolo, guard jumping and worm guard are recent faggotry spawn by competition rules.
>>
>>35071335
>cena
but.. he is an actor, not a wrestler..

do they consider pro wrestling a legitimate martial art?
>>
>>35071405
>Bjj, at its basis, is simple takedowns and ways to get off the ground
that is more judo than jiu jitsu, but both of them have a strong focal point on ground game.

the origin is how to kill someone wearing armor with your bare hands.. striking is not an effective option, so you are left to chokes and submissions.
this is what jiu-jitsu is about.

using your bare hands to kill without striking.
>>
>>35071377
No idiot, you take them down and as you're getting some dude in an arm bar his friend comes and kicks you in the head
>>
>>35070924
Don't do it and buy a gun. I spent six years doing mma five days a week and I'd never in a million years get in a street fight. You don't know who has a gun or knife and it's just not worth the risk. I wish I never took it I mean yeah it was really fun but I've never used it in the real world and never will because a own a gun. All I gained was constant migraines and a ringing in my left ear and after constantly getting knocked out my short term memory is shot
>>
>>35071428
right, but if you are fighting two people at once with striking you are totally going to kick both their asses?

if you get jumped by multiple people, it doesn't much matter....

that is like saying boxing is ineffective because while you are busy boxing, the friend of the guy you are fighting will come up from behind and sucker punch you.
its completely 100% a "what if..." scenario
>>
>>35071426
>Bjj, at its basis, is simple takedowns and ways to get off the ground
that is more judo than jiu jitsu, but both of them have a strong focal point on ground game.

sigh, BJJ 101 is literally taking down an opponent and applying a choke. Or, getting off the ground from your back.

Judo has more complex takedowns to accomplish this but the goal is the same at the core of both arts
>>
>>35071429
>I spent six years doing mma five days a week and I'd never in a million years get in a street fight. You don't know who has a gun or knife and it's just not worth the risk. I wish I never took it I mean yeah it was really fun but I've never used it in the real world and never will
i have been training martial arts since i was six years old.

if you train for real world fighting, or think there is ever a reason to get a fight (assuming you live in a civilized area of the world) you are beyond fucking retarded.

why buy a gun?

just train martial arts because they are GOAT, and don't do shit that requires you to defend your life with a deadly weapon
>inb4 vaguely racist comments portraying life as an unavoidable gamble through life-and-death violent situations.

literally no rational people in civilized countries get in fights.
>>
>>35071449
>that is like saying boxing is ineffective because while you are busy boxing, the friend of the guy you are fighting will come up from behind and sucker punch you.
BOXING BTFO!!!
>>
>>35070924
Firearms and kendo, I guess.
>>
>>35070924
If you're doing it for sport MMA is good. If you want all around fitness I think if you can find a good traditional kung fu gym that teaches the forms of kung fu not focused on fighting too that's good. If you want legitimate self-defense most sports centered martial arts are going to be inadequate, especially grappling. Real fights don't happen in a vacuum, people have friends, people have knives, people have guns.

http://www.attackproof.com/the-myth-of-grappling-as-self-defense.html

This gives a pretty good overview of why they aren't very good. Then again some sort of training is better than none.
>>
>>35070924
>>
>>35071449
I'm not saying it's ineffective, I suggested bjj, I'm just saying it's easier to have some dude's friends join in when you're on the ground because it's less likely you'll get punched when some dude is choking out your buddy.

Both striking and grappling are dangerous in street fights because it's rarely a clean one on one fight and why I said that those arts will condition you to not fight even it isn't absolutely necessary
>>
>>35071476
>>35071429

just learning how to subdue a person or knowing how to beat someone 1v1 in a fight is a very valuable skill.

you can't just start shooting people in any heated confrontation.. if someone pushes you and starts a fight and won't leave you alone you can't just start shooting...it would be nice if you could, but the law wouldn't be on your side in most cases and you'd have to go to court at the very least
>>
>>35071491
> kung fu
Top kek m8
>>
>>35071494
do you fucks ever realize that learning grappling helps you stay on your feet? if you know basic grappling, some dude would have a hard time just grabbing you and tossing you down..

if you know basic grappling you could clinch with someone and beat them up from the clinch.. without worrying about being taken down by someone with no training.

if you only train striking and some untrained dude takes you down you're both on a level playing field at that point..

it's almost 2016, not 1979... no one does one martial art anymore.. if you're not doing a striking and a grappling art you're hurting yourself.
>>
>>35071490
>kendo
top kek

not even against other japanese striking arts does it hold up.

just look at how BTFO kendo is in k1

>>35071492
its funny, because a non-active rando could probably resist most aikido techniques.

aikido is definitely one of those "grab my wrist... no the other wrist" kinds of martial arts

>>35071494
>it's easier to have some dude's friends join in when you're on the ground because it's less likely you'll get punched when some dude is choking out your buddy.
can you transcribe this to english?
i feel like there is a point here, i just want to understand it
>>
>>35071530
Lots of people discount it, but there are a lot of forms under it that focus on things beyond just punching and kicking shit. A lot of it has to do with mental health, and becoming stronger beyond just big lifts. It's a much more in depth art that people give it credit.
>>
File: wew.png (397 KB, 889x833) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
397 KB, 889x833
>>35070924
All these threads about martial arts can be answered with this single post:

1.) Boxing has a very low learning curve technique-wise and includes a lot of repetition and practice sparring, giving you the best effectiveness per amount of time spent by far. Next up is kickboxing or a similar sport-based fighting style.

2.) All the martial arts like tae kwon do and karate are bullshit BECAUSE they aren't effective in a real fight. They require so much time and such perfect conditions to be effective that its just not worth it. To add on, these martial arts are based off the assumption that a fight will go the way you plan and your opponent won't fight dirty. If you've ever seen sparring vs. practice in these styles, you'll see that in a real fight, 95% of what you know goes out the window.

3.) Krav Maga is a popular topic among people who want to become Jason Borne. The reality is that its somewhere in between all those faggy asian martial arts and boxing. Its based off styles like boxing and judo. It takes a lot more time to become proficient at than boxing but far less than the asian martial arts. If you're taught properly, you'll do drills designed to stress you out to mimic what its like in a real fight, forcing you to recognize what you can and can't do in reality. It also teaches you to fight dirty and acknowledge that on the street, people might be carrying knives, attack in groups, be far more aggressive than you think, and do other things that you won't expect or necessarily be ready for.

My personal advice and the advice I would think a lot of people would give:

Do boxing or kickboxing or another sport martial art to start. In a real fight, what it really comes down to is how you can handle yourself once you've been hit in the face. As Mike Tyson said, "Everybody has a plan till they get punched in the mouth."
>>
>>35071514
>if someone pushes you and starts a fight and won't leave you alone
things that have never and will never happen/10

and i say this as someone who has been training martial arts since early childhood
>>
>>35071537
> b-but muh anti-grappling
This is want dancing queens actually believe
>>
>>35071543
Kendo is japanese fencing m8.

>>35071545
No, it's not.
>>
>>35071561
someone following a person home and trying to incite a fight is an unrealistic scenario?

where do you live? i live in a big city. it happens to someone every night i promise
>>
>>35071552
>All the martial arts like tae kwon do and karate are bullshit BECAUSE they aren't effective in a real fight.
tell that to lyoto machida and all of the strikers in k1

tae kwon do is absolutely a bullshit-fu though.

not all karates are equal.

most you see (shotokan and shotokan derivatives) are absolute garbage, and that is excluding the 99% of mcdojos that don't even teach real techniques.

>krav maga meme
its literally shit-tier jew mma.
you never see it in UFC and not because it is "too deadly"

the only real krav maga techniques that are against the UFC's rules are the testicle strikes.

if hitting someone in the balls makes or breaks your martial art, its probably not the best one to begin with
>>
>>35071564
i don't think you read my post. go read again
>>
>>35071537
You have a very valid point and I don't disagree with you. Muay thai helps with clinching but bjj would be much more helpful

Though it isn't wise to only train one some people are limited financially/time/good trainers so multiple might not be available
>>
>>35071552
>tfw everything but your face is world class.
>>
>>35071580
>where do you live? i live in a big city.
i live in long beach.
more populated and more violent than where you live, i am sure.

you must be some kind of annoying faggot if people are wanting to fight you all the time
>>
>>35071603
lol no i live in a top tier nigger city. and no one does that to me, but it's literally on the local news every night.
>>
>>35071582
>the only real krav maga techniques that are against the UFC's rules are the testicle strikes.

and the neck locks
ear pulling
hair pulling
eye gouges
toe steps
strikes to the wind pipe
strikes to the arteries

apart from that it's literally the same, yeah.
>>
>>35071615
spoiler: all those people deserved it.
that shit doesn't happened unprovoked.

also as far as the racism goes, the long beach crips are from long beach (what a shocker, i know).... so i think there are more black gang members here than where you are from.
>>
>>35071587
I'm supporting your argument.
>>
>>35071623
toe steps are legal lolz, just hardly anyone uses them.

btw "what are low precentage female nigger fighting techniques for $1000, alex"
>>
>>35071623
>ear pulling
>hair pulling
>eye gouges
>toe steps
yea you are right.
those are some real lethal techniques there

too deadly for the UFC/10

also i am pretty sure neck strikes and neck locks are legal in the UFC
>>
>>35071623
All of which is legal in vale tudo and bjj still dominates vale tudo as does muay thai
>>
>>35071640
>>35071636
>>35071623
krab magoo only works on hypothetical opponents in a hypothetical scenario.

it's a GOAT martial art in that respect.
>>
>>35071623
>krav maga would BTFO the UFC, if only toe stomps and hair pulling was allowed
>>
>>35071636
They're not legal but they happen. Ive been kicked in the throat at training. I coughed a couple times.

There's also yuki nakai who got eye gouged, won the fight and another two on the same day and then lost by submission.
>>
>>35071649
so you are saying of all the bullshit-fus, krav maga is the most effective bullshit-fu?
>>
>>35071653
Krav Maga is a martial art, not a sport.
>>
>>35071657
krav maga seems to create more hypothetical scenario fights than any other art. and krav wins 100% of the time in those scenarios.

so yea, krav is confirmed #1 bullshit-fu
>>
>>35071623
>strikes to the wind pipe
>strikes to the arteries
uh..
>>
>>35071663
>martial arts don't work in UFC because all them rules
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeA__6aVkK0
MMA fighters laugh at you when you say this stupid shit.

they could gouge your eyes too, bro.
>>
>>35071582
>krav maga is a jew meme

that was my point, it's only useful for the fact that it teaches you to fight dirty and lets you recognize that real fighting is different from training.

I also recommended you start with boxing or something, dumb dumb.

Another thing, cockweasle: Krav Maga is actually fairly deadly if you're able to apply it. Now the important thing I'm saying here is IF YOU'RE ABLE TO APPLY IT. Specifically the military version aims to do permanent damage, not just punch the guy in the face.

About all the asian martial arts, yeah, I know some of them are going to be effective BUT I was making a generalization so don't get all pissy AND they'll still require way more time to learn and use effectively than other martial arts.
>>
File: krav maga.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
krav maga.webm
3 MB, 640x360
Every day is repost day.
>>
>>35071685
>they'll still require way more time to learn and use effectively than other martial arts.
lol why?
>>
>>35070924
OP, you can't go wrong with muay thai
>>
>>35071688
holy fucking kek
>>
>>35071688
i laughed for the full duration of that webm, and have tears streaming down my face.
thank you for your glorious post.
>>
>>35071690
have you ever done more than one martial art? You'll be able to tell the difference pretty fast. Anybody who has will tell you the same thing.
>>
>>35071677
If you get caught intentionally snapping somebodies neck, gauging their eyes out, striking the windpipe, testicles, etc you'll be banned and definitely face legal consequences in UFC. Same applies to intentionally breaking bones or stomping on somebodies neck, all things they teach you in Krav Maga.
>>
>>35071711
>have you ever done more than one martial art?
yes, i was enrolled in nihan-dohan itosukai shito-ryu from age 6 to age 19
did wrestling and boxing from age 14-18 (basically just through high school)
bjj from age 18 to current (24)
judo from age 19 to current
muay thai from age 21 to current.

> You'll be able to tell the difference pretty fast
there are HUUUGELY drastic differences..

i don't see how that magically makes okinawan training nonviable for a certain length of time before it magically becomes viable again.
>>
>>35071663
Krab magoo is a jew ruse to skim to goyim
>>
>>35071734
If you get caught intentionally snapping somebodies neck, gauging their eyes out, striking the windpipe, testicles, etc you'll be arrested and definitely face legal consequences in a federal court.

fixed that for you, champ.
>>
>>35071734
>intentionally breaking someones bones
you can try as hard as you want to break bones in the UFC

it never happens because you can't break a trained fighters bones as easily as your bullshit-fu would lead you to believe.

there are very very very very few techniques in krav that aren't legal in UFC

and UFC fighters shit all over krav because its ineffective garbage.
>>
>>35071684
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeA__6aVkK0
EVERYONE ITT NEEDS TO WATCH THIS VIDEO.
>>
>>35071685
> he actually believes military unarmed is effective
I had a mate who is a full lieutenant with two tours of Afghanistan come to train with me. He got his shit pushed in by an overweight chartered accountant with 6 months training.

They're called "armed forces" for a reason.
>>
File: krav maga.jpg (12 KB, 523x292) Image search: [Google]
krav maga.jpg
12 KB, 523x292
>>35071704
>>35071705
>>
>>35071771
this, ive spared many times with my military friends.

They're only taught the bare BARE basics.
>>
>>35071574
Years of developed history as a martial art, its persistence until today and its use by Chinese warriors says otherwise. If you really believee it doesn't your a dumbass.
>>
>>35071734
>intentionally breaking bones
So literally every non-choke submission doesnt happen under unified rules.

Holy shit you're a retard
>>
>>35071684
>>35071760
especially go to around 3:11 for eye-gouging discussion
>>
>>35071786
Would these be the same warriors who got their shit pushed in by mongolian barbarians they built the great wall?
>>
>>35071799
Pushed in so hard*
>>
>>35071786
the sandan used by modern chinese soldiers is very similar to european styles of martial arts, and very opposed to circular styles like wing tsun and sansoo

also most historical martial arts are for fighting untrained fighters.

training to fight against someone else who knows how to fight is what leads to the development of MMA
>>
>>35071738
because they are more complex and definitely more difficult martial arts, they take much more time to reach a level of proficiency that would make them actually practically useful. Eg. Boxing is a simple sport so you practice a lot more. You spar all the time and learn to fight practically and improve your reflexes. With Tae kwon do or something, you'll spend that time learning how to theoretically perform complex maneuvers in ideal circumstances and only much later actually perform them in a semi-realistic sparring match.

Its pretty fucking obvious and you're retarded that you can't figure it out.
>>
>>35071819
you learn and practice a punch in about the same timespan as boxing, in the style i trained.

i would argue japanese styles are more efficacious at teaching one to punch from the hip the first day, thus making them more pragmatic in a shorter timespan
>>
>>35071746
Then what's the point in playing by the rules?
>>
>>35071771
They're only taught the bare minimum m8. Modern soldiers don't really have the need to learn that shit, its more effective for them to spend that time learning to shoot better or something they'll actually use.
>>
File: 1423860190455.png (249 KB, 358x358) Image search: [Google]
1423860190455.png
249 KB, 358x358
>>35071688
Lmfao thanks for making my night senpai
>>
>>35071684
>MMA fighters laugh at you

Until you grab a rock and attack them from behind.
>>
>>35071846
That's literally my point.
> 2dedly military combative
Is nothing but marketing
>>
>>35071842
please watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeA__6aVkK0

those UFC fighters can fight dirty too... and they are going to be infinitely better at it than you with your bullshit-fu

>>35071870
but your krav maga prepares you for sneak attacks to the back of the head with a rock?
deffo not a bullshit-fu, brah

also
>tfw he hears you stepping behind him and turns around and beats you literally to death and gets away with it because self-defence where he feared for his life.
enjoy being REKT faggot
>>
>>35071927
Yeah but they don't, that's the point.
>>
>>35070924
If you really believe arts like taekwondo and karate are bullshit you have shit knowledge of martial arts and history, and shouldn't be answering let alone posting in a thread on martial arts. Check The International Taekwondo Federation (ITF) on good TKD. Any Full contact Karate also blows out your number two statement. Every legitimate martial art of some form or another takes dirty fighting into account in some way and if not then its up to the fighter to consider those options. Any martial artist knows a fight wont always go your way and no art assumes that it wont. Quit passing off opinions you pulled out of your ass as stone cold facts and do some research. Also, Champion Karateka Mikio Yahara once beat up 34 yakuza, that extort his clients, in a parking lot that tried to beat the shit out of him. Everyone whos remotely knows who yahara is knows that story, and you can find it anywhere. Try telling him Karate was bullshit.
>>
>>35071552
>If you really believe arts like taekwondo and karate are bullshit you have shit knowledge of martial arts and history, and shouldn't be answering let alone posting in a thread on martial arts. Check The International Taekwondo Federation (ITF) on good TKD. Any Full contact Karate also blows out your number two statement. Every legitimate martial art of some form or another takes dirty fighting into account in some way and if not then its up to the fighter to consider those options. Any martial artist knows a fight wont always go your way and no art assumes that it wont. Quit passing off opinions you pulled out of your ass as stone cold facts and do some research. Also, Champion Karateka Mikio Yahara once beat up 34 yakuza, that extort his clients, in a parking lot that tried to beat the shit out of him. Everyone whos remotely knows who yahara is knows that story, and you can find it anywhere. Try telling him Karate was bullshit
>>35070924
>>
>>35071552
If you really believe arts like taekwondo and karate are bullshit you have shit knowledge of martial arts and history, and shouldn't be answering let alone posting in a thread on martial arts. Check The International Taekwondo Federation (ITF) on good TKD. Any Full contact Karate also blows out your number two statement. Every legitimate martial art of some form or another takes dirty fighting into account in some way and if not then its up to the fighter to consider those options. Any martial artist knows a fight wont always go your way and no art assumes that it wont. Quit passing off opinions you pulled out of your ass as stone cold facts and do some research. Also, Champion Karateka Mikio Yahara once beat up 34 yakuza, that extort his clients, in a parking lot that tried to beat the shit out of him. Everyone whos remotely knows who yahara is knows that story, and you can find it anywhere. Try telling him Karate was bullshit. And fuck this shit, wrong post.
>>
>>35070924
we got these threads all the fucking time in /asp/ its always the same answer.
Boxing, Muay Thai + Judo, BJJ, Wrestling.
pick one from each side and your golden.
>>
>>35071797
When was the last time a professional MMA athlete went on a drunk rampage and tried to steal a woman's purse on gunpoint or similar? Genuinely interested, because that's what you're implying.
>>
>>35071369
> grappling eliminates all size advantage.
lol what no
>>
>>35071449
there are multiple videos of people defeating multiple opponents with boxing.
>>
>>35071940
>Yeah but they don't,
not in the ring, sure.
but against a pleb like you?
absolutely they would

>>35072033
>your martial art should be focused on how to attack an untrained fighter
kek.
that is the problem with bullshit-fu
that is precisely why it doesn't work.

so many people train nowadays.
its a fucking meme now.

violent and agressive people have a tendency to be the type to train.

even tenuous training in a real mma gym trumps years of bullshit fu
>>
>>35071979
You realise ITF penalises you for hitting too hard and DQs you if you KO your opponent, right?
>>
>>35072043
>edited my post
my quote was
>grappling eliminates pretty much all size advantage, as it is more about technique and leverage than strength.
not
>grappling eliminates size advantage
>>
>>35071183
there are still MA threads there. We have a chart we post whenever we get this question because we get it so much that says everything you need to know about this. Its pretty much out sticky. i don't have it but its Boxing, Muay thai, Kyokushin + Wrestling, BJJ, Judo, Sambo.
>>
>>35072097
>sambo made the list
absolutely disgusting.. is this just from fedor memes?

other than that, i am pretty impressed.. you guys aren't as retarded as i thought
>>
>>35070924
>>>/asp/
/asp/ has always been the martial arts board. there is alot of fighters there that train and compete. they get these kinds of questions all the time and would likely give you better information than the fitness board.
>>
>>35071688
>headbutting the balls to get out of a triangle choke
top kek.
too bad that isn't how physics work, because that would be the ultimate choke escape
>>
>>35072127
Except it's now the rasslefag board and everyone who trains has bailed to /fit/, sherdog and bullshido
>>
>>35072112
Sambo is legit. its just not popular in the US outside of areas like NYC with alot of russians. However not everyone that posts these kinds of threads is in the US so we included it.
>>
>>35072112
Its pretty much just a list of all the arts with guaranteed full contact sparring.
>>
>>35072137
i just went there and there is 3 martial arts threads on the front page.
>>
>>35072160
Exactly. If there is no full contact it's a waste of time
>>
>>35070924
wrestling is better then boxing 9/10 fights the guy that goes for the takedown wins.
>>
why would you take someone down when you can knock them out with a glorious uppercut like a champ.
>>
>>35072388
>>35072364
>>
>>35072388
Uppercuts are for manlets. Hook master race
>>
Krav maga is great. All other techniques are based on discipline and technique. Krav maga is based on taking the pen out of a Nazi's breast pocket, stabbing them in the eye with it, then running like hell.
>>
>>35072472
>Krav maga is based on charging the goyim for commando LARP
Fixed
>>
>>35072472
>literally just makes shit up as he goes along
nice shitposting, brah.

krav maga was an amalgam of established martial arts that some jew (imre lichtenfeld) compiled together.
it was mostly sambo, boxing, and wrestling, later elements of karate and muay thai were added.

it was one guy's attempt at making a mixed martial art.

and history shows any time a single person makes a martial art (wing chun, aikido, krav maga, etc) it ends up being a bullshit-fu
>>
>>35072033
>you need to be a professional MMA fighter to not break that fucking neck
did you even watch the video at the time specified?

you gouge my eye out while i am doing that, and i will just choke you the fuck out with one eye.
>>
>>35071552
Is this achievable natty?
>>
>>35072078
>implying the sport fighting competitions are the end of what TKD teaches
You can just admit you never took a single class of it, no one will care.
>>
File: 4th dan.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
4th dan.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
>>35074705
4th dan actually
>>
>>35071246
this
>>
Any person: combination of boxing/MT and wrestling/jujitsu/judo

BJJ is the best system for sport grappling, but when even the Gracies come out and say it's not for self defence it's crazy people still advocate it.
>>
>>35071786
kung fu is not A martial art you idiot. its the literal translation of martial arts. and since kung fu is a huge part of chinese marketing the focus of almost all styles is to look good on screen. theres zero quality control and styles that are actually competitive like sanda become regular kickboxing pretty fast

anything that gets marketed as kung fu in the west is bullshit
>>
>>35070924
Learn Judo and Kick boxing/Muay Thai and you are prepared for most things, BJJ is good but I think they spend too much time on the ground which is a bad place to be if he has friends.
>>
>>35071552
Karate is more than sufficient in a street fight if you mean a 'let's take it outside' variety mix-up. Typical commercial dojo Karate would lose to boxing by this point because the 'fight' is no longer there. The knockdown karate guys otoh would fare much better.

Personally I think krav is goofy but probably useful. By green belt level though it's kung fu movie LARPing defenses against grapplers and grenades. A person would be better advised just to maintain their ability at his point the to give the Jew Krotty more money. So long as we are talking general applicability and diminishing returns.
>>
Most effective fighting style.
Muay Thai+BJJ

But specifically defence for smaller against larger is wing chun. but stick to MMA
>>
>>35070924
turning the other cheek is pretty good defense
>>
File: 1365321234553.jpg (57 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1365321234553.jpg
57 KB, 720x960
Conceal and carry is pretty good self-defense against people of all sizes
>>
>>35071816
Most historical martial arts were used by warriors.
Okinawan Pechin=Karate
Thai Warriors= Muay Boran
And Judo, and before that Juijitsu's roots go back to Japanese Samurai.
If anything Sanda resembles kickboxing or Muay Thai, its kung fu under kickboxing rules, how the hell is it similar to anything resembling a European martial art.
>>
>>35075995
You know what I was talking about. I'm using kung fu as an umbrella term because I don't have time to go through all 200+ styles of Chinese martial arts. Just like Karate could be talking about Kyokushin, Shotokan, or Aishihara Ryu. All martial arts everywhere is abuot marketing to some degree. Employ the rule like you would for all mcdojos a vet kung fu schools and styles accordingly just like any other. Not all kung fu is flashy wushu shit. Some good kung fu does exist is in the west. If the majority is bad avoid em or find a good one.
>>
>>35070924
>Defence against smaller people
I'm 104 lb. The only people smaller than me are children. Refuse to use MA against children but they can be kicked...
>Defence against same size people.
Any martial art but I prefer grappling sports so Jiu Jitsu maybe?
>Defence against bigger people.
I'm to scrawny to win any fight with them no matter what MA I use, so I would rather poison them or drug them to incapacitate and then use blunt force to head area and groin.

Can't wait to become real people size...
>>
>>35076067
No, that just ensures your other cheek gets smashed.
>>
PIPEBOMB
I
P
E
B
O
M
B
>>
>>35070924
>Want to hear your opinions on what matial art

Stopped reading there. Martial arts are completely useless. I'm 7'0, 320 lbs and carry several pipe bombs with me at all times. You really think your weeb shit is going to do anything? lmao
>>
>>35079001
>I'm 7'0, 320 lbs
No your not
>carry several pipe bombs with me at all times
No you dont
>>
>>35079193
Troll feeding is naughty.
>>
>>35070924
>Want to hear your opinions on what matial art

Stopped reading there. Matial Arts are completely useless. Im 11'0 750 lbs and carry several dictionary's with me at all times. You really think your misspelling is going to do anything? TeeHee
>>
>>35070924

>Want to hear your opinion on what martial art

Stopped reading there. Martial arts are completely forbidden. I'm 4'9 Yiddish and carry several Torah's on me at all times. You really think the police are not going to save me?
>>
>>35076049
>chin chung
top kek
>>
>>35071870
If only the UFC hadn't banned teleporting behind opponents with a weapon
>>
>>35076049
I don't know how it is right now, but it every so often becomes popular because Bluce Ree and a lot of absolutely not WingTsun schools pop up. It seems to me there are people that sell aikido until WingTsun picks up again and continue selling aikido under the label of WingTsun.

If you ever do WingTsun and you do any grappling it ain't WingTsun. The good stuff does look good tho.
>>
>>35075995
>its the literal translation of martial arts
No, it means any mastery of a skill acquired through practice. A good butcher that can really efficiently cut meat without hitting bone and damaging his knife or expending a lot of energy, that can eyeball the weight of a cut or quality of a carcass or w/e has kung fu for example.

Wushu means martial arts and is what you're thinking of
>>
>>35079876
You know. Most people completely ignore all of the other aspects of traditional kung fu that involve things like qigong, hard qigong, meditation, mental improvement, etc... All they look at is the punch kick movie magic. Kung Fu is less of a martial art as it is a life style choice.
Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.