[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Going for 405 in 2 weeks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: images (9).jpg (19 KB, 413x356) Image search: [Google]
images (9).jpg
19 KB, 413x356
/fit/izens:

After a year of lifting I am proud to announce that I will be going for a big deadlift max at 405 lbs. The best I have pulled was 370x3 4 weeks ago, and today I'm going for 375x2, which I expect will be relatively easy.

The lift will be done with chalk and a belt. Any tips for attempting a big 1RM? It's gonna be my first time for the diddly.
>>
If you can do 375 x 2 you can definitely hit 405. I would say try 415 afterwards.

Just basic shit. Get plenty of rest (naps help), eat everything in sight and don't stress.
>>
>>35058990

Don't take too many heavy attempts when working up. If you think 405 is a realistic max, your last warmup should probably be a single somewhere around 360ish.

Be prepared to grind it out. Max deadlifts are a slow fight compared to other maxes. If it takes a few seconds to break from the ground, that's normal. The key is to keep fighting until its clear one way or the other, its not like squatting or benching where if the weight doesn't start moving immediately you're fucked.
>>
>>35058990
if you use a belt and chalk you better not come back and tell me it was natty you fraud
>>
>>35059011
Thanks man this really helped boost my confidence.
>>35059022
I was not aware of this, thanks alot anon
>>35059025
Cmon man it's not like I'm using straps
>>
>>35059049
Chalk is really helpful like he said, but the belt is ok. You should try raw 405 next
>>
>>35059118

Belt is raw.
>>
I was planning on doing 405 deadlift for my 1rm later this week. I'm not planning on it but does using chalk and a belt really help?
>>
>>35059128
Nope
>>
>>35059349
OP here. From my limited experience with a belt I can tell you that it does help quite a lot. It gives you about 20-25 extra lbs. I've never used chalk so I can't really say, but if you have sweaty hands it should do the trick.
>>
Nofap a week before it. Yes, test levels do raise a bit (but they drop afterwards, nofap cultists) and you have this placebo going on. You could use all the help you can get, so why not?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.